Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 08:15   #571
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
* 3M CR 70 sunfilm all around
Naveen,
You car looks fab . White is best color for Creta. Please share upgrade/mods price break up, if you are ok. It will help fellow owners.

Tint looks too dark, I think this is not CR70. Can you confirm/clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
^^
You might have trouble with the black tints.
Agree with you. With such dark tints, it may be a problem during night drives.
Old 25th November 2015, 08:40   #572
BHPian

Yes, tint looks dark. I had shared the pics and contacted the workshop very next day. He is insisting that it's indeed CR70 and looking dark because of overcast condition, Creta glasses come with tint etc. etc.. Infact he went to extent that I can get it checked in any 3M showroom if its CR70 or not.
I am in constant fear of being pulled up by cops

Last edited by NaveenKD : 25th November 2015 at 08:48.
Old 25th November 2015, 09:26   #573
BHPian

70000 bookings of Creta till now as per report in Motoroids

Quoting from from an article in Motoroids.
start quote "After being launched in the month of July this year, Hyundai Creta has been a favourite of the Indian buyers. Now the premium compact SUV has spun its magic in the international markets too. With the export demand rising with over 15,770 units, the Made in India Creta has received an overwhelming response globally. In the domestic market, Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) has welcomed more than 70,000 bookings and 340,000 enquiries for their Creta." end quote

It also mentions that the goal of the production team is to make 10000 Cretas per month to meet the demand.

Last edited by nkghai : 25th November 2015 at 09:37.
Old 25th November 2015, 11:01   #574

[quote=gotovamsee;3804597]Creta –
1. Full Clutch Tap – Every time (except for few times) when I press full clutch it gives me a small annoying tap sound as though it had hit some hard sheet behind the pedal. I tried pressing it all different ways soft and hard and this sound repeats with a full deep clutch.-

I reported this same issue with the TD sx(o), The sales guy gave me a surprised look and mentioned that he did not feel it. So, looks like it is not a problem with only your car, probably many more are facing this.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th November 2015 at 12:05. Reason: Fixed Quote.
Old 25th November 2015, 12:59   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
...Agree with you. With such dark tints, it may be a problem during night drives.
Well, its not the night driving that I am worried about. It's the below reason.

Quote:
...I am in constant fear of being pulled up by cops
Are you saying that the car looks dark only in pics?? Not in real time?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th November 2015 at 13:00.
Old 25th November 2015, 15:45   #576
BHPian

Just returned after Mumbai - Delhi - Meerut - Delhi - Mumbai trip and I must say that I came out impressed with the performance of my Creta. I was particularly impressed by the sweet diesel which not only has adequate power for all those tricky overtake situations but is also economical.

All in all I drove the car for about 91 hrs during the trip and covered about 4300 KM's.

Best economy I squeezed was 18.8 KMPL during the Mumbai-Udaipur run with overall figure of about 17 KMPL (which includes about 500 KM of city driving in bumper to bumper traffic).
Abhi99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 16:47   #577
BHPian

This should have been posted in the new car ownership thread, but since I will not be able to do justice to a separate thread, I am just posting my initial experience here.

Mr arranged marriage with a Creta SX+(Auto)

I had sold my eight and a half year old Honda City GXI about a year ago and had since been driving a Swift ZDi, which is my other car. I was planning to replace the erstwhile City with an automatic midsize car and Honda City VX CVT and Toyota Corolla Altis VL AT were the only two cars that I was contemplating. The City was around 14 lakhs and the Corolla was around 21.50 lakhs on road. Though I was eyeing the Corolla, it was way above my budget and unless there was a windfall, I knew that I could not afford it. The City was fitting into my budget but since I was planning to buy a new car only in March or April 2016, I was hoping something might turn up.

Due to sudden turn of events, however, I was hurried into a purchasing decision since a second car was required immediately. Went to Capital Honda showroom at Anna Nagar to have a test drive. The CVT was not available at that time so we just sat in the display manual model to get a feel of the car. I was okay with booking the City after a test drive which they promised to arrange the following day. However my better half and son who had come along were pushing me to go a segment higher since we had already owned a City for eight and a half years. To my astonishment, I found that other than the Hyundai Creta, the next automatic model available was only the base Elantra which came to 19.50 lakhs. The Creta was costing 16.75 lakhs on road. This is a huge untapped gap which none of the other manufacturers had considered. Creta is having a home run in this segment without any competition.

I had never been a fan of Hyundai and now I found myself literally with no choice, so Creta it was. Took a short test drive at Kun Hyundai Anna Nagar and since I found the drive pretty smooth and not a deal breaker, went ahead with the booking. Calls to the right persons and the vehicle was ready for delivery in 10 days. A big shout out to the official review and the passionate reviews of RavenAvi, naveen.raju and BNM which gave me peace of mind. The following is only my initial thoughts since it is only 10 days and 300 kms that I have been using the vehicle:

1) Relaxed driving experience (my first automatic)
2) Smooth engine and automatic gearbox
3) Projector lights, cornering lights and nice sounding horn
4) Ground clearance (especially after my old City)

Not so Likeable:

1) Lack of speed sensing door locks
2) Reflection of door handle in driver side mirror
3) Visibility through side mirrors (images are not very clear)
4) Having "to agree" each time before using the head unit
5) Lack of top end automatic model
6) Black instead of the beige strip on the dashboard would have looked much better

Dislikes:

1) Lack of real time fuel efficiency and distance to empty readings

Other points:

1) The car came shod with Kumho Solus tyres. Seems to be all right but I donot know how good it is compared to the ubiquitous Goodyears.
2) After the Chennai rains, below the metrorail bridge near the Toyota showroom, the road had become a series of undulations. The first time I travelled just slightly fast and the vehicle shook really disconcertingly. Otherwise no complaints with the ride quality.

We are just getting to know each other and hopefully I should fall in love with the Creta and have a happy married life. Thanks for reading.
thesilentone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 16:55   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, tint looks dark. I had shared the pics and contacted the workshop very next day. He is insisting that it's indeed CR70 and looking dark because of overcast condition, Creta glasses come with tint etc. etc.. Infact he went to extent that I can get it checked in any 3M showroom if its CR70 or not.
I am in constant fear of being pulled up by cops
In your photographs your window glasses look very dark and IMO it may be the compounding effect.

Hyundai Creta all Glasses have transparency min 70% except for windscreen which has transparency of min 75%( see markings on each glass). In case these are tinted for 70% already and then you have put in a film with further 70% transparency, the effect is a darker shade.

I may be off track here but that is the only reason that came to my mind as to why CR70 is looking so dark.

Last edited by nkghai : 25th November 2015 at 17:11.
Old 27th November 2015, 02:46   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Hi Guys,

During the Diwali holidays, found time to replace the stock speakers and add an Amp. Thanks BNM for your reference about SLNP Pitstop, though got this done at their Yelahanka branch. I believe Afsar did a great job and the systems sounds definitely better.

Focal component speakers - ISS 165
Rockford Fosgate Amp - R250-4. (understand that there a new version to this same model, though I got the older one)

Some pics included.
How Much did it cost for the setup? Did you also go in for the Damping?
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:15   #580
BHPian

Installed a hood sound insulator/ dampener purchased from good ol' Ali express (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beiji...485794778.html).
The quality of the product can be described as average at best. But for 99 USD you can't expect any better.

Overall result is a noticeable reduction in the diesel clatter/engine noise. Would say the reduction in the noise ranges between 30-50%. Fairly cheap mod, takes less than a minute to install and produces a satisfactory result. Creta owners should definitely go for this.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0535.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_0533.jpg
vinj14 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 13:51   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Installed a hood sound insulator/ dampener purchased from good ol' Ali express (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Beiji...485794778.html).
The quality of the product can be described as average at best. But for 99 USD you can't expect any better.

Overall result is a noticeable reduction in the diesel clatter/engine noise. Would say the reduction in the noise ranges between 30-50%. Fairly cheap mod, takes less than a minute to install and produces a satisfactory result. Creta owners should definitely go for this
Good D-I-Y job . One query though. Already the Hyundai diesels are the most refined ones in the lot. Then why there was a need for a hood sound insulator/ dampener?
Old 27th November 2015, 20:57   #582
BHPian

I took delivery of my white creta SX diesel a.k.a whetta on sep 30 and have clocked 3500 on the odometer. It is 50% on highway and 50% in Bangalore city traffic.

Few pointers so far that I would like share here:
Mods
• Put the combination of Original leather and Montana leather for 24K
• 3M Nomad mat
• 3M underbody treatment with 5 years warranty – Got an complimentary offer of door edge paint protection (and lost my 16 GB pen drive in JP Nagar 3M show room )

Issues
• “TICK” sound when releasing the clutch (in gear; not in neutral) after 1st service – Checked with the service assistant and he lubricated the clutch. But the problem persisted till 3000 kms and now it is almost gone without any repair work.
• Noisy and a kind of push back from Brake pedal in wet road or gravel road even in 10 to 20kms speed. Like it was mentioned earlier in this thread it might be a work of ABS. But I think it is unique in creta among other hatchbacks I have driven.

Observations
• Car gets locked after few minutes automatically if the doors are not opened after unlocking it. Not sure why it is a big deal for Hyundai to provide speed sensing door lock in lower variants!
• Head lights are switching off when leaving it ON and locking the car
• Window lock button controls only the rear windows unlike Maruti cars (I had a swift earlier) which used lock all the windows
• Central lock does not lock the driver door. In other words, driver can open the door from inside whenever he wants to do so regardless of central lock
Old 27th November 2015, 21:50   #583
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good D-I-Y job . One query though. Already the Hyundai diesels are the most refined ones in the lot. Then why there was a need for a hood sound insulator/ dampener?

Thanks. If there's a way to improve the refinement levels why not? Especially when it's a simple, cost effective solution.
Old 27th November 2015, 23:46   #584
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
In your photographs your window glasses look very dark and IMO it may be the compounding effect.

Hyundai Creta all Glasses have transparency min 70% except for windscreen which has transparency of min 75%( see markings on each glass). In case these are tinted for 70% already and then you have put in a film with further 70% transparency, the effect is a darker shade.

I may be off track here but that is the only reason that came to my mind as to why CR70 is looking so dark.
Naveen - I too agree. It looks very dark in the pictures than what I actually saw when it was done. Looks more like CR 50 or less. Can you take pics with an another camera and compare? My car too has 70% transparency sunfilm but it was Garware as I had told you before. It dosen't look as dark as yours.
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:48   #585
Senior - BHPian

My creta SX(O) was a real saviour during the floods in chennai. Was able to wade thru some serous floods with ease.
Warwithwheels is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed