Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:45   #586
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
My creta SX(O) was a real saviour during the floods in chennai. Was able to wade thru some serous floods with ease.
Oh Great you just addressed my thoughts! The situation seems quite bad. Stay safe buddy.

While watching the Chennai floods on TV during lunch time, i was wondering whether the exhaust pointing downwards would be helpful in preventing ingress of water during water logging in the Creta. Although Raven had mentioned in one of his posts about good wading capabilities of his Lazarus, your post is reassuring.

Any other BHPian from Chennai would like to comment on his/her experience with the Creta during the water logging ?

Last edited by nkghai : 2nd December 2015 at 14:48.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:02   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Oh Great you just addressed my thoughts! The situation seems quite bad. Stay safe buddy.

While watching the Chennai floods on TV during lunch time, i was wondering whether the exhaust pointing downwards would be helpful in preventing ingress of water during water logging in the Creta. Although Raven had mentioned in one of his posts about good wading capabilities of his Lazarus, your post is reassuring.

Any other BHPian from Chennai would like to comment on his/her experience with the Creta during the water logging ?

There were flash floods as I was driving thru' one of the important roads in chennai. I had to cross the floods not by choice but only by compulsion. The thoughts of wrecking my ride after spending close to 17 big ones was haunting my mind as I was stuck in a dilemma of whether to proceed or not. Adding to it, there were 100s of vehicles behind me which made going back impossible.

The more I delay my decision I was risking my chance of getting washed away by the floods. I could see buses and trucks coming on the opposite lane with water over their wheels.

The water level was so high that the centre median became invisible. Finally took the plunge and drove thru the waters, defying all laws of gravity and science.

By the grace of God and the ability of my machine I was able to cross it without any fuss.

But believe me... It was the worst nightmare in my life.
Warwithwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:30   #588
BHPian

I am facing the exact situation in Chennai. More than the water on the road, the Waves (or rather Tsunami's) created by the buses on the left lane jolts the car.

I'd like to know if we should be Revving up during such circumstances, does that prevent water getting into the exhaust ?

Having faced this, i left my car in the office and took the train.
Old 2nd December 2015, 23:02   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
How Much did it cost for the setup? Did you also go in for the Damping?
Nishith, the cost was Rs32k, including installation. There was a light humming sound, so got a noise filter.
Old 3rd December 2015, 08:23   #590
BHPian

Quote:
T
The more I delay my decision I was risking my chance of getting washed away by the floods. I could see buses and trucks coming on the opposite lane with water over their wheels.

By the grace of God and the ability of my machine I was able to cross it without any fuss.

But believe me... It was the worst nightmare in my life.
Must have been.
The situation seems to be getting worse. BHPians please take care.
Your post does inspire confidence in the vehicle.
Your steed deserves a pat for living up to your expectations in tough times.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:04   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
How bad is the tear?
======== Might be available in another couple of months (not sure whether this is true).
Got my tyre changed after a long wait! It is 14.5K.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-imag0390.jpg  

JG_SYZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:10   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_SYZ View Post
Got my tyre changed after a long wait! It is 14.5K.
So similar to what my tyre guy told. Should cost 11-12k each. BTW, it shows goodyear. SX (o) only comes with bridgestone right or did you change the tyre when you bought the car?
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:08   #593

Quote:
So similar to what my tyre guy told. Should cost 11-12k each. BTW, it shows goodyear. SX (o) only comes with bridgestone right or did you change the tyre when you bought the car?
It's bridgestone Naveen. They don't have an entry for this Tyre in their system , so listed a similar entry instead for the bill.
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:20   #594
BHPian

Single tyre costs 14.5K !!!! isnt that steep. Recently we changed tyres of our Terrano to Yokohamas and it cost approx.8K per tyre, they are 16inch, but still price difference for a 17inch Creta tyre looks huge
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:38   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Single tyre costs 14.5K !!!! isnt that steep. Recently we changed tyres of our Terrano to Yokohamas and it cost approx.8K per tyre, they are 16inch, but still price difference for a 17inch Creta tyre looks huge
Steep enough! But to my surprise this Tyre was not available close to 3 months. I think anyone planning to buy SX(O) should consider this factor as well.

I had a weird feeling driving around my Creta without a spare to say the least. Sincerely hope this never happens to anyone else.
Old 3rd December 2015, 22:58   #596
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Took test drives of Creta and updated Ecosport back to back.

Pickup of Creta is much better than Ecosport. May be it was a mere 500 km run and the engine had not yet opened up, creta was 5500 km old.

This time i liked Creta's driving position, but still Ecosport feels better.

Ecosport feels more solid like a big and heavy suv at broken roads. Creta gives you the feel of a light sedan, body and chassis do not have the solidity and feel soft, like my present Swift dzire.

Doors of creta bend when pressed, not ecosport.

Fully loaded Creta ₹15,63,000 is 3,63,000 more than fully loaded Ecosport ₹12,00,000 on road at my place.

Both with 6 airbags

Creta does not have telescopic steering adjustment.

No split folding rear seats in creta

Speed sensing door locks only available in topmost creta, it is a must. Is there any way to enable it in lower varients, showroom people said that there is no way.

What will be the maintenance of Creta at authorised service centre, cost of routine spare parts. Recieved no solid reply from the showroom people.

Ford people told the total service cost including consumables (oils coolant etc) ₹40,000 upto 1,00,000 kms.
Experts please give your opinion regarding routine maintenance costs of Creta vs Evosport.
Old 4th December 2015, 14:36   #597
Senior - BHPian

Guys... the carpet of my creta is fully damp because of the recent chennai floods. Any suggestions how to go about?

The service center is fully flooded with water and flooded vehicles. Can I remove the seats and carpet myself? Please help me out!
Old 4th December 2015, 15:04   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The service center is fully flooded with water and flooded vehicles. Can I remove the seats and carpet myself? Please help me out!
Wont suggest seat and removal - DIY. If you have a wet vacuum, use that and not the normal vacuum cleaner. If you dont have access to a wet vacuum, use a table fan or hair dryer. Yes, this will definitely take time depending on the amount of dampness. I once dropped a bottle of water on the passenger footwell and used the car blower (hot air mode) to dry it. But that also took too much time. So the best bet would be wet vacuum or hair dryer/fan. Try to dry as much as you can till you can take it to the service station. Keeping a damp carpet is not a good idea.

Hope this helps.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:55   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wont suggest seat and removal - DIY. If you have a wet vacuum, use that and not the normal vacuum cleaner. If you dont have access to a wet vacuum, use a table fan or hair dryer. Yes, this will definitely take time depending on the amount of dampness. I once dropped a bottle of water on the passenger footwell and used the car blower (hot air mode) to dry it. But that also took too much time. So the best bet would be wet vacuum or hair dryer/fan. Try to dry as much as you can till you can take it to the service station. Keeping a damp carpet is not a good idea.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip off. Can the wet and dry vacuum cleaner suck the water below the carpet? The carpet is almost 2 inches thick.
Old 4th December 2015, 16:42   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the tip off. Can the wet and dry vacuum cleaner suck the water below the carpet? The carpet is almost 2 inches thick.
A wet and dry vacuum should be able to suck the water out. I havent personally used them but have heard they do wonders.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks