Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 14:34   #631
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Guys, need advise. Today I got the second service done for my car and as recommended by the manual we did the oil change. Now, next service due is at 19K (current reading being 10k). Since the Oil change interval is almost 10K, shouldnt we use the synthetic oil?

I was quite surprised to know that they have put Semi Synthetic oil and not fully Synthetic. Is it normal?

I am tempted to replace the oil at 15k, since I do not completely trust the Authorized service center.

Can anyone advise, if Semi Synthetic is the right choice for the car?
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 14:44   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Guys, need advise. Today I got the second service done for my car and as recommended by the manual we did the oil change.
Can anyone advise, if Semi Synthetic is the right choice for the car?
I think you are the first one to cross 10000 kms on this car. I have not seen anyone talk of their second service yet. Congrats!

There is a separate thread dedicated to Synthetic vs Mineral Oil usage. Please go through it before taking a decision http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...l-oil-287.html

Also it will be worthwhile to check whether the warranty holds good if you migrate to Synthetic Oil because i distinctly remember one of the BHPian commenting that his service outlet regulated that warranty will be null if he did so.

BTW . What were the tasks carried out and what was the cost ?
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 14:55   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I think you are the first one to cross 10000 kms on this car. I have not seen anyone talk of their second service yet. Congrats!

BTW . What were the tasks carried out and what was the cost ?
Thank you! Car has been wonderful so far.
Only niggle that has cropped up is, while engaging the reverse gear there is a "clunk" sound that I hear. Service center acknowledged it too and since I was short of time, they promised to look into with next service. They assured that its nothing alarming.

For the oil - they did mention that they do not provide Synthetic Oil and if I opt for it, the job would have to be carried out outside the service center and hence would void the warranty. They requested to complete next 2 services at the authorized center only to avoid the warranty issues.

Following tasks were carried out -
1. Replaced Oil
2. Replaced Oil filter
3. Replaced Air Filter
4. Cleaned Cabin Air Filter
5. Tyre rotation
6. General check-up
and usual wash.

Total Bill came to - 2407
Abhi99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 15:56   #634
BHPian

OVERDRIVE AWARDS 2016 : Hyundai Creta is awarded the Car of the Year !!

Well good news for all Creta owners. Overdrive has awarded Creta with the car of the year award.
Here is a link to that news http://overdrive.in/news/cnbc-tv18-o...r-of-the-year/
Mr Rakesh Srivastava also mentioned on TV in an interview post these awards that the bookings have crossed 73000.

Last edited by nkghai : 12th December 2015 at 16:03. Reason: booking details added
nkghai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 23:51   #635
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Finally took the plunge and removed the carpet. It was a very painful sight to see my 3 month old ride going thru' the process.
Painful it may have been, but you did the absolutely correct thing in this case. Otherwise the stagnant water would cause plenty of after effects - constant dampness, unpleasant smell, fungus formation, and in the long term - rust.

Quote:
None of the ASCs were willing to take in my vehicle since they were already flooded with flood affected vehicles. Hence took it to a FNG to carry out the carpet.
Perfectly understandable. The ASCs would have been flooded with serious flood damaged cars - water inside the engines but no hydrolocking, or hydrolocked engines, or in the worst case scenario - engines that simply go kaboom suddenly! (It does happen when water enters an engine but it doesn't get hydrolocked - sadly, I'm speaking from personal experience with our earlier Indica Xeta ).

Quote:
The Carpet is real thick. It would take atleast a couple of days for it to become dry.
Yes, it will take a very long time to completely dry out the thick foam under the carpet. Alternatively, you can replace the foam if you want. I'm sure almost all manufacturers are rushing parts like these to Chennai and its surroundings by the truckload. You can purchase the thick foam over-the-counter - try Hyundai Motor Plaza or DSC Hyundai.

Quote:
Any actions/ precautions that I must take now, before putting the carpet back?
Don't forget to put all the drain plugs in the floor back in place. If one of those got damaged while removing them, you can replace it with a new one.

Quote:
And how did the water get in? Any guess?
Very easy! Through the door sills, no doubt about that. I presume your car was parked in a place which was flooded till the wheels got almost completely submerged (or even worse).

Our beloved little i10 (6+ years old) suffered similarly. I could only watch helplessly as the water rose till the headlamp level during the third & most severe flooding spell.

Water had already entered the car during the second severe flooding spell. I contacted the 3M guys to ask if they could do a thorough interior cleaning. It was they who advised me it was going to be completely useless unless the foam under the carpet was taken out, the water drained, the foam dried and put back.

The 3M chaps were inundated (no pun!) with all sorts of cars, from Nanos & Altos to Audis & Mercs - you name it - where water had entered through the door sills during the severe spells of flooding and inundation. They had to politely turn away scores of customers (including myself) as it would have been useless to clean the interiors without draining out the water and drying out the thick foam.

Water is an irresistible force, to put it mildly. While modern cars are pretty waterproof during normal circumstances, such a severe, epic & almost Biblical flooding and inundation is by no means normal. Water can and will surely find a way to enter a car that has been parked under a few feet of water for days or even hours.

And by no means is such flood water entry limited to India. Take a look at what experts elsewhere in the world have to say:

One more video:

Another useful, albeit long one, especially for those on the lookout for a pre-owned car in a place that has been through a terrible flood:

Last edited by RSR : 13th December 2015 at 00:13.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 07:54   #636
Senior - BHPian

I have a query. I recently sat in the front passenger seat of an automatic Creta, for about 50 kms on the winding Goa roads. At the end of the drive, me as well as the 2 rear passengers got out feeling almost sea sick. I am not sure if there was any suspension issue with that particular car, but I can't place a finger on it, there is some dis comforting lateral, vertical and horizontal movement in the cabin, which over time seems to make people feel sick. I must also add the car was driven rather spiritedly with regular acceleration and braking. Having driven and ridden shotgun in lot of cars and SUVs this is the first car which made me motion sick, hence I want to know if this is a regular feature of the creta or this is an exception.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:15   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I have a query. I recently sat in the front passenger seat of an automatic Creta, for about 50 kms on the winding Goa roads. At the end of the drive, me as well as the 2 rear passengers got out feeling almost sea sick. I am not sure if there was any suspension issue with that particular car, but I can't place a finger on it, there is some dis comforting lateral, vertical and horizontal movement in the cabin, which over time seems to make people feel sick. I must also add the car was driven rather spiritedly with regular acceleration and braking. Having driven and ridden shotgun in lot of cars and SUVs this is the first car which made me motion sick, hence I want to know if this is a regular feature of the creta or this is an exception.

We had recently driven to Belgaum and back to Goa in one day through the Chorla Ghats in our Auto Creta. Fully laden with 5 + 1 kid onboard, no-one faced any such problem except wifey, but she always does in Ghats. Rest of us didn't feel a thing.
I guess it's a individual thing.
Old 13th December 2015, 23:54   #638
BHPian

Guys, what's the current dispatch status of Creta,had heard that production was stopped for a couple of days earlier this month so is production and dispatch back to normal?
Old 14th December 2015, 02:54   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
However, the screen is blank for all other options
This happened to me as well once in the morning when I started my Creta with Bluetooth active on my mobile. I was worried, stopped and restarted but the problem persisted. When I made a call from my phone, the Navigation display came back but other switches were still not functioning. In the evening when I checked again, everything was fine.

I presume this as a software bug. Didn't bother to mention this to the service guys. I am afraid they will fiddle with the display unit without knowing the root cause.

On a note of reassurance ( ... or horror perhaps), one of my friend told his wife was working at a software company on a Volvo passenger car project. While her team was still fixing hundreds of bugs related to the entertainment system, the same car was launched in the market. So this should be a common practice in the industry and let us wait for next software update.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:39   #640
BHPian

It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who had faced this issue . As assured by nkghai, the unit started functioning normally after I left the car alone for some time and started the car in the evening.
Old 14th December 2015, 14:22   #641
BHPian

Folks,
I plan to purchase sunshade for my CRETA Side Windows.
I dont intend to buy the standard sun shades(sticking type) which are sold on the traffic signals.
I saw couple of them in online shopping sites(Flipkart/Amazon) but could not decide on anything.
http://www.flipkart.com/auto-pearl-p...er=from-search

Which type is better->Sliding or Magnetic ones?
I use them only when i go for long trips and that too only in rear side windows
Any suggestions here?
Old 14th December 2015, 15:20   #642
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
My first issue with the Creta has crept in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_SYZ View Post
This happened to me as well once

There is software upgrade to be done on the display unit, hence please check with your dealer. The unit in my car has failed while the software upgrade was in progress. Hence a new unit has been ordered from Mobis and a free replacement is expected to arrive shortly.

There are routine upgrades to be done on the clutch and steering, please check with your local dealer.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 21:25   #643
BHPian

My Creta 1.6 SX CRDi booked on 10th Sep in Hyderabad is finally coming tomorrow. I was promised delivery in 60 days and when it didn't happen and I realized the dealer was playing the usual tricks, I escalated to Hyundai Customer Care and got a ticket. Things moved after that and I was promised delivery in 15 days.

I insisted that I PDI the vehicle at the stockyard before allotment and paperwork. I will do the PDI tomorrow morning. Fellow Creta-men, apart from going through the standard PDI checklist (got here on TBHP), are there any Creta specific items I need to pay attention to?

I want to get Hyundai genuine non-leather seat covers and a steering cover installed. Any suggestions/comments?

Thank you.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:06   #644
BHPian

Here are my first FE calculations. Very impressive!

Hyundai Creta AT
Fuel: Diesel
City - Highway :: 35-65
AC: 60%
Method: Full tank
Start ODO: 45 Km
End ODO: 780 Km
Fuel filled: 50.15 ltrs
Actual FE: 14.65 km/l
ARAI rated FE: 17.01 km/l
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:39   #645
BHPian

Congrats Suresh. Interesting to know things moved after escalation. I too am waiting for my petrol sx+. Was promised 2 to 3 months delivery and no news even after 80 days. I would have taken the delivery had it it happened by now. But now with year end vacation nearing, I want it in January. I am wondering if I should start escalating now itself. Otherwise they might allot it to someone else with some premium.
Would you mind sharing what trick they played (just to compare with my dealers) and also how you escalated? Did you threaten with cancellation?

Most Viewed