Team-BHP - Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/167370-review-hyundai-creta-1st-gen-51.html)

There is an issue I am facing with my new Creta SX(O). I remember reading on one of the threads here regarding the AVN going blank and unresponsive occasionally, but I am not able to find that thread now.

The issue faced is as follows:

When starting the car up, the message regarding safe use of the AVN si shown, but I am not able to accept the message. It either does not acknowledge the touch or is unresponsive. Subsequently, any screen change will render the screen blank and none of the functions of the AVN are then usable. The media being played continues to do so. However, neither steering controls nor the AVN controls respond. Only functions that respond are the volume control and the reverse camera display.

- Has anyone else faced this issue?
- If yes, has it been resolved?
- If yes again, could you please let me know what was done to resolve the issue?

The dealer has asked to mention this at the first check service, which would probably only happen in another month.

The annoyance of this issue aside, it has been a comfortable introduction to the Creta

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobC (Post 3910715)
- If yes again, could you please let me know what was done to resolve the issue?
The annoyance of this issue aside, it has been a comfortable introduction to the Creta

Oh Yes, a lot of us have faced this issue and Yes it is very annoying. :Frustrati
Somehow this issue is more when the vehicle is new and reduces as time goes by. It happened first time with me on the second day of my ownership and i spent good 15 mins roadside to sort it out. After that it happened two more times but last two months touch-wood i would say the system seems to have stabilised.
Generally most of these cases have been solved by just shutting off the vehicle for a couple of seconds and restarting.
Do you have a usb for playing songs. I realized once that at start up the system reads the usb first and may hang because of it, so removing it when the problem occurs helps.
Also there is a power button on top right and if you keep it pressed, the system switches Off and On.
Try all these permutation combinations and keep us enlightened.

Quote:

When starting the car up, the message regarding safe use of the AVN si shown, but I am not able to accept the message. It either does not acknowledge the touch or is unresponsive.

Yes, I had this exact situation happen with me. At that time, while parking the vehicle I had manually turned off the AVN system at night. Then in the morning while I started the car, this issue cropped up. I drove for couple of minutes and stopped at a safe location. Turned off the engine and turned it back on after few seconds.

Since that day, I don't turn off the AVN system manually while parking the vehicle. And the issue has not resurfaced so I assume it has something to do with manually turning off the AVN system.

Quote:

There is an issue I am facing with my new Creta SX(O). I remember reading on one of the threads here regarding the AVN going blank and unresponsive occasionally, but I am not able to find that thread now.

The issue faced is as follows:

When starting the car up, the message regarding safe use of the AVN si shown, but I am not able to accept the message. It either does not acknowledge the touch or is unresponsive. Subsequently, any screen change will render the screen blank and none of the functions of the AVN are then usable. The media being played continues to do so. However, neither steering controls nor the AVN controls respond. Only functions that respond are the volume control and the reverse camera display.

The dealer has asked to mention this at the first check service, which would probably only happen in another month.

Happened to me couple of times:
1) Was on a call using bluetooth and after ending the call, the display still showed the call was connected. But actually, the call was disconnected. Then realized it was a bug. Doesnt get resolved instantly. Checked the unit at night and it was working. Switching off the engine and restarting it immediately doesnt resolve it.

2) Same problem that you faced. Happened last month. Tried to acknowledge the warning message but became unresponsive. Only volume and reverse camera worked. Got resolved after couple of hours.

What I do nowadays is, the unit reads the USB when the warning message is shown. Trying to acknowledge while the unit is accessing the USB might be the issue. I now wait for a few seconds before acknowledging it. Works fine now. So I would suggest you to wait for 2-3 seconds before acknowledging it. I am anyways reporting it during the next service. Maybe an update should solve it.

Hyundai Creta has been around for 6 months now and the online sites are full with accessories for the vehicle. Hyundai, however has no accessories listed on it's website. Now i was contemplating a couple of changes and sadly i cant find any of these online. In case anyone is aware as to where i can lay my hands on these accessories, do share.

Gear Knob. My Nanook being a VTVT SX+, the gear knob is too basic and i would like to replace it with a CRDI SX (O) gear knob. Spoke to a couple of dealers and they have not obliged. Websites have funny looking gear knobs listed.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-gear-knob-compare.jpg

Front Armrest. Same is the story of front center armrest. Although the SX (O) has a better leather covered armrest, i find the size about two inches small for my liking. The picture below shows what i have in mind. Really want to change the existing one.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-armrest.jpg

My brother has booked a Creta with a Noida dealer. While booking they said insurance can be self arranged. However now that it is time make final payment they insist insurance can only be availed through them. Else they will not deliver the car. They insist it is company (Hyundai) policy in force since Jan 2016. Another dealer is also taking similar standpoint.

Few questions:
1. Is this true? (I doubt it is).
2. What is the way out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 3912858)
My brother has booked a Creta with a Noida dealer. While booking they said insurance can be self arranged. However now that it is time make final payment they insist insurance can only be availed through them. Else they will not deliver the car. They insist it is company (Hyundai) policy in force since Jan 2016. Another dealer is also taking similar standpoint.

Few questions:
2. What is the way out?

1. You could ask them to show the notice / intimation from the manufacturer
2. Get a written statement from them about the same
3. Walk away / Cancel - but this may not work if the car has waiting periods
4. Wait for the Brezza launch and then try point # 3. Will mostly work out in your favour
5. Complaint to the RTO

Quote:

My brother has booked a Creta with a Noida dealer. While booking they said insurance can be self arranged....

Few questions:
2. What is the way out?

Well this is a case of arm twisting by the dealer, for i haven't come across any notification where it mentions that insurance has to be brought from dealer.

These guys know they have a good demand and if you aren't willing to pay, there is someone else ready to shell out the money.

Tell them you are going to raise a case with Hyundai and send a mail to their customer support. Hopefully you should hear back from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3912866)
Tell them you are going to raise a case with Hyundai and send a mail to their customer support. Hopefully you should hear back from them.

Do you have any specific email id of a Hyundai executive, not just generic customer care mail is?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 3912963)
Do you have any specific email id of a Hyundai executive, not just generic customer care mail is?

Unfortunately I don't have any specific email id, however folks have got responses from their generic customer care.

Quote:

Few questions:
2. What is the way out?

I have been informed of the exact same from my dealer. Had a family member into insurance but the dealer wouldn't budge. They now say that it is mandatory (at least in the case of the Creta) that the insurance is to be taken from the dealers itself - this is Hyundai company's policy. At least they were willing to transfer insurance and NCB from my old car to the new one including getting all the paperwork done, so that's a plus.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in one of my posts, there has a been a price revision. Paid 14k extra for the AT variant (MY16). OTR Ahmedabad is now 16.18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3913616)
Unfortunately I don't have any specific email id, however folks have got responses from their generic customer care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9thsphinx (Post 3914091)
I have been informed of the exact same from my dealer.

It's a happy ending. My brother called up Hyundai customer care and enquired about compulsory insurance from them / dealer. Reply was negative. He then called up dealer and told them about it. The dealer retracted and sent final quote minus insurance.

He now stands to save about 40k after availing insurance through his workplace company tie up.

hi guys,
need a help. last week my dealer called saying i should be getting the delivery by the end of this month. he also sent me the proforma invoice. he is now asking to do the down payment and loan processing. can someone tell if this is the standard procedure?. should we not do the down payment only after PDI?

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 3915772)
hi guys,
need a help. last week my dealer called saying i should be getting the delivery by the end of this month. he also sent me the proforma invoice. he is now asking to do the down payment and loan processing. can someone tell if this is the standard procedure?. should we not do the down payment only after PDI?

I gave my down payment after PDI, and just one day before the scheduled delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adithya.kp (Post 3915772)
should we not do the down payment only after PDI?

Hello buddy, do NOT process the payment or go ahead in any way till you check the car, do the PDI completely and certify it buy-able.

The SA will act strict and put you under pressure to process the payment or else the delivery could be delayed etc etc. Pay no attention but go by the standard procedure for a safer and peaceful ownership.