Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 10:43   #766
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

One more doubt for fellow Creta owners -

The fuel level indicator is generally known to move slowly down till about halfway and then makes a dash to empty.

I just filled the tank a few days ago and have since run about 115km in mixed conditions without the indicator losing even one notch.

Is this normal or is the indicator faulty?
Old 19th February 2016, 10:55   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post

The fuel level indicator is generally known to move slowly down till about halfway and then makes a dash to empty.

I just filled the tank a few days ago and have since run about 115km in mixed conditions without the indicator losing even one notch.

This is absolutely normal. See the image below. I was able to cover 300+ kms and lost just two bars. My Bangalore drive had a little more than half a tank left (which was around 550 kms).

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-dsc_0083.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 00:09   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post

It's the same case with even the Elite i20. Till half tank it occasionally does 400+ and then from there to reserve takes 160-180 kms. For a moment I thought I started driving so phenomenally well that I started getting 20+ mileage in the city . Anyways that happiness was short lived though, the next 200kms saw the indicator loose all those bars faster than the time I lost the first two.
Old 21st February 2016, 09:02   #769
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this fuel bar in all Hyundai's makes you extremely happy till around the half tank mark and makes a dash to empty post that.
Tanked my Neo Elantra up and drove to chickmanglur and back( around 400 km ) and it dropped just 2 bars. I did another 250 km to my farm yesterday and it has dropped another 4 bars.
400 km 2 bars. 250 KM 4 bars. Anyway I guess most of you guys have distance to empty and should be looking at that. In my Elantra I don't get Distance to empty. Frustrati.
Old 21st February 2016, 20:13   #770
Senior - BHPian

It's here! 1.6 SX AT.

Immediate mods planned -

- 3M gloss roof wrap
- 235/55/17 Contisport contact2 tyres
- H 346 alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-photogrid_1456044380389.jpg  

9thsphinx is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:42   #771
BHPian

I generally do tyre rotation at every 5000 kms, which is roughly 6 months of my driving.
Nanook will be touching the 5000 mark shortly. In addition to rotation, plan to get the alignment and balancing also checked since I have really been driving over some bad roads recently. I don't want to go to the Hyundai Service Center and would like to go to some dedicated tyre workshop for this.
Now somewhere i had read a post that in Creta/New cars by Hyundai, there is an OEM software which is required for alignment. Is that so or i am off the mark and can go ahead with alignment from non Hyundai authorized Centers.
Old 26th February 2016, 11:49   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Now somewhere i had read a post that in Creta/New cars by Hyundai, there is an OEM software which is required for alignment. Is that so or i am off the mark and can go ahead with alignment from non Hyundai authorized Centers.
My tyre guy had mentioned earlier that it was required for the i20. But when I went in for alignment, both of us completely forgot about this. But I havent seen any "align steering wheel" display on the MID. So guess there are no issues. Basically what happens is that this warning will be shown even if the steering wheel is kept straight. But everything fine in mine.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-16.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 12:42   #773
BHPian

Hi all, I have a couple of doubts.
1. Should we do the PDI at stockyard or at the showroom?. my SA tells me they will bring the car to the showroom and i can do the pdi there. they are also asking to make the payment there.
2. I am doing the insurance on my own. How to go about it?. I should get some letter after making the payment?
(Somehow i am not impressed with the SA. I still havent got the VIN number etc. when asked, he says he would get back. but doesn't call back. If this goes on, i might even considering cancelling it :-))
Old 26th February 2016, 12:43   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But I havent seen any "align steering wheel" display on the MID. So guess there are no issues. Basically what happens is that this warning will be shown even if the steering wheel is kept straight. But everything fine in mine.

Attachment 1480560
The VTVT SX+ has a different MID. The misalignment will not show on that. So no way to know. But will go for it.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_7023-1.jpg
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 20:02   #775

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
The VTVT SX+ has a different MID. The misalignment will not show on that. So no way to know. But will go for it.

Please do tyre alignment at Hyundai service centre because tyre shop they not have creta car datas in their system for alignment. In Hyundai service they do calibration
Old 29th February 2016, 19:59   #776
BANNED

So my friend's Creta 1.6 Diesel SX had a fault today. While changing gears, the clutch was pressed and it got stuck at the fully pressed position. Totally spontaneous and somehow crawled it to the service center. Hyundai charging 23.5K to replace some parts and will give car tomorrow. I do not have exact details as friend has vaguely passed on the information. I will see the bill day after tomorrow and report back accordingly. Though it should have been replaced under warranty since I think its is the master clutch cylinder and it has been a problem in the verna with the same GB and clutch setup mated to same engine.
Old 29th February 2016, 21:03   #777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
So my friend's Creta 1.6 Diesel SX had a fault today. While changing gears, the clutch was pressed and it got stuck at the fully pressed position. Totally spontaneous and somehow crawled it to the service center. Hyundai charging 23.5K to replace some parts and will give car tomorrow. I do not have exact details as friend has vaguely passed on the information. I will see the bill day after tomorrow and report back accordingly. Though it should have been replaced under warranty since I think its is the master clutch cylinder and it has been a problem in the verna with the same GB and clutch setup mated to same engine.

Amazing! How can they charge for something like this. It clearly sounds like a warranty issue.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 10:48   #778
BHPian

My dealer called me up saying it will go for PDI and asked if i wanted any accessories.
Is it worth getting seat cover and steering wheel wrapper done ? How good are they compared to outside?
Old 1st March 2016, 11:54   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
My dealer called me up saying it will go for PDI and asked if i wanted any accessories.
Is it worth getting seat cover and steering wheel wrapper done ? How good are they compared to outside?
I would advice against it at the first instance. Choice is limited there.
I was in a hurry, so got seat covers and steering wheel wrapped from my dealer. The quality was good, but nothing great shakes. Also if you see the Hyundai site, it still does not list any OEM accessory for Creta, so the dealer offers what he has procured from his sources.
You have many choices outside and check out the Creta ownership threads where a lot of good accessories have been added and at reasonable prices too.
So i recommend you politely decline, but check out what they are offering when you go there. Compare it with what is offered outside and then take a call.

Last edited by nkghai : 1st March 2016 at 11:57.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 07:07   #780
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Amazing! How can they charge for something like this. It clearly sounds like a warranty issue.
Definitely but the dealership is not agreeing. Plus it is very very difficult to drive the vehicle to another ASC so my friend has just agreed to pay. Let's see after that what happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks