Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 08:56   #901
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Extreme high dosage of nonsense this. For no car 15 gram of wheel balancing being out is all right....... Hope this helps
Just as an addendum to the foregoing - which by the way are perfectly valid considerations - one can always ask for the calibration certificate (with validity date) if there is any doubt about the equipment or the competence of the operating personnel.
Old 1st May 2016, 12:13   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Hi all, need some advice here.

Parents are based in Noida and are looking to buy the Creta SX+ petrol variant. Anybody knows which dealers we can prefer around east delhi area? Also any info on current offers or schemes will be highly helpful.

Thanks!
Don't think there would be any offers yet on the Creta. Has a 3-4 month waiting period. But as you're looking at Petrol SX+ you may just get lucky. SX+ is the least selling model so maybe some big dealer has residual stock from December 2015. Samara & Orion are big dealers in Delhi. Speak to them. You may get lucky

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:35   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

#4 Brakes bite well (I am running Yokohama SUV - 235/60/R16) the tyres have made a lot of difference.
Happened to see a Creta today with upsized tyres flush with the body and it really transformed the looks and stance of the car. Looks chunkier overall.

Could you share some pics of your Creta with the upsized tyres?

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:02   #904
Senior - BHPian

Ya sure will post asap - I'm running stock alloys as of now. Wanted to change them, did not as the exchange value offered was not fair. Each alloy costs 8500/- would sell for 25000/- for the set of 4

Will post better pics soon
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160414_0957251.jpg

Yokohama Geolander SUV 235/60/R16

Swapped to these from Kumho Solus OE 205/60/R16. Upgrade well within tolerances.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2016 at 13:14. Reason: Related posts merged.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:21   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think there would be any offers yet on the Creta. Has a 3-4 month waiting period. But as you're looking at Petrol SX+ you may just get lucky. SX+ is the least selling model so maybe some big dealer has residual stock from December 2015. Samara & Orion are big dealers in Delhi. Speak to them. You may get lucky

Cheers
Thanks for that. Due to the BR-V being launched, I am hopeful of some offers/discounts being released due to the competition. Had a chat with a SA at Sunrise Hyundai, he says he'd be able to deliver a White SX+ within a month. Don't know if this is an old stock or not, but I think I should wait for a couple of months to see what is the current scenario.

Also, your tire upgrade seems very good. Could you please share how much you paid for them? Thanks!
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:22   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
Thanks for that. Due to the BR-V being launched, I am hopeful of some offers/discounts being released due to the competition. Had a chat with a SA at Sunrise Hyundai, he says he'd be able to deliver a White SX+ within a month. Don't know if this is an old stock or not, but I think I should wait for a couple of months to see what is the current scenario.

Also, your tire upgrade seems very good. Could you please share how much you paid for them? Thanks!

Best to wait for the BR-V "effect" specially as you are in no hurry !

The tyre swap costed 23k

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:39   #907
BHPian

Guys,

I have a query.

I was following a brand new (registered with temp plates) Creta SX CRDi today on my way to office.

I happened to notice that the rear wheels had a visible negative camber compared to the front wheels.

In my observations so far of various vehicles this is only the second time I have seen this other than on the used and abused Indica cabs which tend to have a huge negative camber if ill maintained.

I have normally seen negative camber on the front wheels of racing cars (Formula 1 and some other open wheel racers). I remember having read somewhere that negative camber improves cornering stability and handling, so it makes sense to me on these sports cars.

I was wondering if that is a default setting on the Creta or was something wrong with this new car.

Also the driver was driving rather rashly and I saw the car lockup a wheel on the road.

If I'm not mistaken the SX comes with ABS so I was a bit shocked to see it lock a wheel on a concrete road in medium speed traffic (~40km/h).

Just wanted to ask whether this would be a one off or is something else going on here.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:40   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya sure will post asap - I'm running stock alloys as of now. Wanted to change them, did not as the exchange value offered was not fair. Each alloy costs 8500/- would sell for 25000/- for the set of 4

Will post better pics soon
Attachment 1502456

Yokohama Geolander SUV 235/60/R16

Swapped to these from Kumho Solus OE 205/60/R16. Upgrade well within tolerances.
Congrats for your new ride! Can you please post some pics with the upgraded tires? I feel that the stock tires look a little small.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:01   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Congrats for your new ride! Can you please post some pics with the upgraded tires? I feel that the stock tires look a little small.
Thanks. Yes I found the stock tyres a tad inadequate to look the "right" size.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160502_0906121.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160502_0909081.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160502_0908051.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160502_0905402.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160502_090710.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2016, 11:53   #910
BHPian

Does anyone have an insight on the ARAI mileage of the Petrol A/T?

I am fairly confused currently between the Petrol and Diesel A/T (ongoing discussion on the Petrol vs. Diesel Thread), and the final decision might be in favour of the Petrol as long as the tank range is >500 kms
Old 3rd May 2016, 13:49   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

I am fairly confused currently between the Petrol and Diesel A/T (ongoing discussion on the Petrol vs. Diesel Thread), and the final decision might be in favour of the Petrol as long as the tank range is >500 kms
The manual SX + petrol has an ARAI rated mileage of 15.3. Considering this is a TC based AT, and looking at the differences in mileage for the diesel MT and AT and also the Elantra MT and AT (which uses the same 6 speed AT box), expect the Petrol AT to have an ARAI rating of ~13kmpl.

This will definitely mean poor single digit mileage in the city. Just for comparison, my Vento TSI has an ARAI rating of ~17 and I get 10-11 in normal Bangalore City traffic. The Honda City CVT is rated at 18kmpl and from the reports in the City thread, typical mileage in City is 11-12kmpl.

In city driving I doubt you will get a tank range of 500+. On the highway, depending on the type of highway conditions, in best case scenarios you should get 500 km range (assuming you want to tank up somewhere around the 1/4th tank mark)
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:16   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes I found the stock tyres a tad inadequate to look the "right" size.
Thanks for posting the pics.

The black cladding throughout the car is a little tough to maintain in our conditions and will start turning white within a few months time. Im using Carpro PERl to keep it looking black and shiny. One application easily lasts a month so its quite a VFM product.

Disclaimer - Im not associated wit Carpro or any of their products just listing my experience with the product.

Last edited by aparth : 3rd May 2016 at 17:18.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:02   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Guys,

I have a query.

I was following a brand new (registered with temp plates) Creta SX CRDi today on my way to office.

I happened to notice that the rear wheels had a visible negative camber compared to the front wheels.

In my observations so far of various vehicles this is only the second time I have seen this other than on the used and abused Indica cabs which tend to have a huge negative camber if ill maintained.

I have normally seen negative camber on the front wheels of racing cars (Formula 1 and some other open wheel racers). I remember having read somewhere that negative camber improves cornering stability and handling, so it makes sense to me on these sports cars.

I was wondering if that is a default setting on the Creta or was something wrong with this new car.

Also the driver was driving rather rashly and I saw the car lockup a wheel on the road.

If I'm not mistaken the SX comes with ABS so I was a bit shocked to see it lock a wheel on a concrete road in medium speed traffic (~40km/h).

Just wanted to ask whether this would be a one off or is something else going on here.

Negative camber is surely odd. I have never seen a Creta - that too a new one with a -ve camber on the rear wheels .

The ABS works just fine. But emergency braking situation may lock up a wheel for a nano second, as I have experienced that as well, but nothing that my Q3 does not do !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

The fuel tank takes around 50 litres, on the highway it would do around 12-14 kmpl. City runs typically around 7-8 kmpl as per the Hyundai guys I spoke to while getting my Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Thanks for posting the pics.

The black cladding throughout the car is a little tough to maintain in our conditions and will start turning white within a few months time. Im using Carpro PERl to keep it looking black and shiny. One application easily lasts a month so its quite a VFM product.

Disclaimer - Im not associated wit Carpro or any of their products just listing my experience with the product.

You are welcome
As for the black cladding going white over a period of time, will address the issue when it comes.
Thanks for your input though !

Cheers
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:11   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Negative camber is surely odd. I have never seen a Creta - that too a new one with a -ve camber on the rear wheels .

The ABS works just fine. But emergency braking situation may lock up a wheel for a nano second, as I have experienced that as well, but nothing that my Q3 does not do !
I wouldn't particularly have bothered, but I heard a proper tyre squeal and saw a black line, which made me wonder whether it had ABS and if it did, what the system was doing.

That too on a road which is newly surfaced ( so no gravel).

-ve Camber was indeed more worrying.

Considering the rashness of the driver I think he was a showroom guy probably taking the vehicle to the showroom prior to delivery.
Old 4th May 2016, 19:07   #915
BHPian

Quick qs folks - if I'm headed out of town for 20 days and leaving my creta behind (diesel sxo), should I be removing the battery wires?

Most Viewed