Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 19:56   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Quick qs folks - if I'm headed out of town for 20 days and leaving my creta behind (diesel sxo), should I be removing the battery wires?

Absolutely not required - if it is just 20 days
Old 5th May 2016, 01:33   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
Quick qs folks - if I'm headed out of town for 20 days and leaving my Creta behind (diesel sxo), should I be removing the battery wires?
No need of doing that, Remove the Cover just below the steering(on the bottom right) to access the Fuse Box/OBD Connector and just turn the switch present in the center to OFF.

Its a neat feature designed to cut off battery power without having to remove the wires during storage.

Whenever you need to use the car next, use the key inside the remote keyfob to open the car and use the key normally after turning the switch on.

Battery cuts off the power to the security system too so the remote doesn't work(did not try any situation which might sound off the alarm though).

Last edited by Jag4 : 5th May 2016 at 01:36.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 07:36   #918
BHPian

Thanks guys. That's very helpful
Old 6th May 2016, 23:09   #919
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
I wouldn't particularly have bothered, but I heard a proper tyre squeal and saw a black line, which made me wonder whether it had ABS and if it did, what the system was doing.

That too on a road which is newly surfaced ( so no gravel).

-ve Camber was indeed more worrying.

Considering the rashness of the driver I think he was a showroom guy probably taking the vehicle to the showroom prior to delivery.
Since you have mentioned that that it could be a showroom driver, probably he pulled the hand brake just for the heck of it. There is no other logical explanation to the tyre skid mark.
Old 7th May 2016, 06:25   #920
BHPian

Hi Friends, I have almost decided to book Creta Base model diesel as it comes with Airbags and ABS and I enquired about accessories in few shops in Madhapur, Hyderabad
1. Xenex in Kavuri Hills
2. Motominds in Madhapur (behind Madhapur Police Station)

These are the accessories which I enquired for and got the quote.
1. Fog Lamps with DRL - 6500 - Plug and Play - no cutting of wires
2. Sony 650 BT HU (XPLOD) + JBL 63 SI Two-Way speakers 300 W (set of 4 ) - 22000
3. Reverse parking sensor + Reverse camera unit - compatible with HU - 4500
4. Seat covers - Art Leather - Normal ones - 8000, Autoform - 14000
5. Leather steering wheel cover - 1000
6. Bumper applique - 8000 ( This one looks good - I will post the pictures later)
7. Floor matt - complete cover and stitched - 4000
8. Scuff plates illuminated - 1800
9. Alloy wheels - 16 inch Creta OEM - 25000 (with paint we want)
10. Alloy wheels with tyres - Very less used (he told 15 km - I suspect 50 - 100 km) 17 inch OEM alloys with Bridgestone Tyres - rs. 50000 ( on exchange of 16 inch tyres).
11. Other Alloys - HRS and MOMO - which we can see the price as per ALLOYWHEELSINDIA.COM
12. Philips Xtreme Vision - with same wattage - 800 X 2

I enquired about roof rails also - but they do not have - Any suggestions if we can go for after market roof rails as they told they would stick them to the top.

Please post your suggestions of any other shops in Hyderabad and any other important initial accessories. I have to still enquire alloy wheels in Ashoka wheels and other shops about exchanging 16 inch tyres with 17 inch profile width tyres and wheels.
Old 9th May 2016, 11:00   #921

Hi All,

I took delivery of my Silver Creta SX+ petrol. I got autoform seat covers, a Classic rear fender and a few other things. I have to say the car is brilliant. It is dead silent and has smooth linear power delivery. Its not a car meant to be driven fast or in a hurry. I think it lacks the pedigree for that. My Yeti would outpace it any day of the week. None the less, the cabin is a comfortable place to be in and driving doesn't take much effort. I had been worried about missing an electrochromic IRVM and a fancy MID, but life without them seems pretty okay so far. The head lights on the Creta are brilliant. The turn illumination works well and really does take some of the guesswork out of night driving. The one area of concern I have is mileage. I have been driving 393-395km per tank and been filling 42-43L of fuel each time. I haven't yet had my first service so I am guessing this isn't cause to panic. The car is still just 800km into its lifecycle. As long as the mileage reaches 11, I would say its the best buy sub 15L. Its a nice size, its well thought out, the build quality is more than acceptable, the safety kit is competent and the drive train is refined.
raghu_exodus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 17:42   #922
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_exodus View Post
Hi All,

The one area of concern I have is mileage. I have been driving 393-395km per tank and been filling 42-43L of fuel each time. I haven't yet had my first service so I am guessing this isn't cause to panic. The car is still just 800km into its lifecycle. As long as the mileage reaches 11, I would say its the best buy sub 15L. Its a nice size, its well thought out, the build quality is more than acceptable, the safety kit is competent and the drive train is refined.

I'm keen to know what mileage this reports over a period of time. Previous Hyundai automatics like the i10 etc have been notorious for very low FE. I'm curious to know how the Creta fares here. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it even reports in 9-10 kmpl in city traffic given smaller hyundais were often lower than that. Enjoy the new car - it really is a neat little package and I'm glad they've fixed the missing link of a petrol automatic.
Old 9th May 2016, 21:31   #923
BHPian

One query:
Is it possible to get the leather pack of the SX(O) variant in the SX+ variants?

I test drove the SX(O) as a petrol test car was not available. The interiors of the SX(O) have a much more premium feel than the SX+ Petrol which was in the showroom.

I so wish there was a Petrol SX(O).

Thanks.
Old 10th May 2016, 09:24   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
One query:
Is it possible to get the leather pack of the SX(O) variant in the SX+ variants?

I test drove the SX(O) as a petrol test car was not available. The interiors of the SX(O) have a much more premium feel than the SX+ Petrol which was in the showroom.

I so wish there was a Petrol SX(O).

Thanks.
If it's the seat covers, IMO, real leather covers from outside will be of better quality compared to the PU leather ones in the SXO. 6 Air bags are the ones I wish I had the most.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 12:27   #925
BHPian

Took delivery of the SX Plus VTVT AT Tuesday last. Have covered 900kms since then (had a weekend trip to Chennai). Ride quality is awesome, couple with a extremely silent cabin + zero vibrations, its a bliss to be seated inside.

In city I think the mileage will hover around 7-8 based on my calculations. Highway mileage was close to 13. The engine does 100 at 2250 RPM and you are around 130ish at close to 3000 RPM. You can barely hear the engine/tyre noise (Bridgestone) at those RPM's, Smooth is the word Kick down takes a perceptible time to react, but the vehicle pulls very cleanly after that. Didn't miss the torque monster (my dear Scorpio) at all. I was a little apprehensive about the pulling power in the Krishnagiri to Bangalore section, but was not bad at all, in fact I was a little surprised, pleasantly at that.

Was a little skeptical about the A/c, but even at current Chennai temperatures (around 40), the cabin was a very comfortable place to be and cooled well. As recommended by the manual, I set A/c to auto - 23 degrees.

My only gripe is that the brake pedal is slightly raised in height compared to the accelerator pedal and hence in stop-go-crazy ORR traffic, the constant adjustments made by the right leg gets uncomfortable eventually. Barring that one issue, the car is a bliss to drive.

Last edited by chandras1 : 10th May 2016 at 12:32. Reason: Re-worded a few sentences.
chandras1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:24   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_exodus View Post
Hi All,

I took delivery of my Silver Creta SX+ petrol. I got autoform seat covers, a Classic rear fender and a few other things. I have to say the car is brilliant. It is dead silent and has smooth linear power delivery. Its not a car meant to be driven fast or in a hurry.
Hi Raghu, First of All - Congrats !!! on your new acquisition. One question please - how much did Autoform seat covers cost you. Can you please post pictures if you have
Old 12th May 2016, 12:33   #927
BHPian

Hi Friends, Finally 7 Year long waiting of owning my first car will come to an End !!!
I have booked Hyundai Creta 1.4 CRDI base model with Talwar Hyundai , Jubilee Hills Hyderabad. Booking amount is Rs.25000 , the total On road price is around 12 Lakhs including Zero dep Insurance. Waiting period is around one and half month.
The decision is made after test driving Creta 1.6 , S-Cross 1.6 and Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi, We were in big dilemma , finally went with heart's choice and family choice as this one now comes with Dual Airbags and ABS as standard.

Both others were very close -
Ecosport went down due to the following reasons
1. Little boot space compared to Creta
2. Stiff ride which my better half complained
3. 3 Year old and due for facelift next year (read looks dated interior)
4. no provision for touch screen

S-cross
1. Looks - this one looked bland compared to Creta and Ecosport
2. Boot space - though practical - did not look big enough for such big car.

I am planning for these immediate accessories.

1. Alloy wheels - yet to decide whether to go for 17 inch tires or stick to 16 inch OEM tires with new set of wheels (both OEM profile only). Also pending decision whether to go for OEM alloys or After market like Lenso, Momo, EVO, GTR.
Experts' advice required on tire size - Please !!!
2. Sony XAU 650 BT Head Unit with JBL four 3-Way speaker 63SI and reverse camera compatible to the Head Unit
3. Reverse parking sensors
4. Complete floor mat stitch with 3D mats on top of it.
5. Fog lamps with DRL - after market
6. Seat covers - PU Leather after market
7. Chrome grille and Chrome handles with Showroom
8. Rear parcel tray with showroom
9. Map Lamps and luggage lamp if provision is present
10. Aftermarket - front the rear bumper appliques
11. Showroom - illuminated scuff plates.
12. Steering cover - leather black with red stitch.

Experts' Suggestions required on getting
a. Projector set up for Headlights.
Is it better to go for Projector set up - what would be the price. Aftermarket changes recommended or not ? Please advice.

b. Roof rails - is it OK to go with aftermarket roof rails
Veels n Rhodes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:55   #928
BHPian

Ok guys after a not so good experience with V3 Hyundai Chennai, had transferred the booking to Hyundai Motor Plaza, much more transparent dealing with no hassle. My car has already reached the yard and hopefully the registeration will be done soon.

Quick Question: Who is responsible for getting the FORM 20 signed by the BANK (in-case of loan)? Because in my case the Showroom is saying the Bank is responsible to get the FORM 20 signed and the Bank who gave the loan are saying the showroom is responsible to get it signed by them. This is the first time i'm facing this situation.

Best Regards,
M
Old 13th May 2016, 12:31   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Ok guys after a not so good experience with V3 Hyundai Chennai, had transferred the booking to Hyundai Motor Plaza, much more transparent dealing with no hassle. My car has already reached the yard and hopefully the registeration will be done soon.

Quick Question: Who is responsible for getting the FORM 20 signed by the BANK (in-case of loan)? Because in my case the Showroom is saying the Bank is responsible to get the FORM 20 signed and the Bank who gave the loan are saying the showroom is responsible to get it signed by them. This is the first time i'm facing this situation.

Best Regards,
M

Its showrooms responsibility. Seems to be a common problem in Chennai i guess :( I faced the same situation and even the bank guy agreed to go and get it signed even though its showrooms responsibility. But i stopped him and told to my sales manager that "Its your job to get it signed. If you cant do it,please cancel my booking". Later he agreed and did the job.Ended up giving a box full of sweets for the sales manager for fantastic sales experience
sid93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:23   #930

@ Veels n Rhodes
With so many accessories being added from showroom, you could as well check if it makes sense to go for the next higher level in 1.4 CRDI.
Kindly check cost and take a call.

Most Viewed