Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 17:35   #961
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Thanks City mileage is between 7-8. Highways 13.2. This is based on the first 1000km.

The petrol automatic is tuned only for sedate driving. In 'D" mode acceleration is very gradual and definitely not a tarmac scorcher. I test drove the City within Bangalore only (B2B traffic). Even there I felt City was quicker. Also this car is heavier than the City. Unladen weight as per RC is 1305 kgs - about 100kgs heavier than the City, IIRC! That said, no issues with keeping up with traffic. Of course there is the manual mode if case you really want to rev. harder. I have switched to it only once just to see how to operate it. The primary reason for me buying this is hassle free commute and for that purpose its tuned well.

AFAIK, for diesel automatic you do have an option for extended warranty. Only for petrol its not there, but as per my SA, it will be announced soon. The same 6 speed gear box does duty on the Elantra. And in many other markets ix25 is sold only with Petrol + AT combination. Given all this and the fact that its a classical TC gear box, I don't have concerns about long term reliability at all.

Last edited by chandras1 : 18th May 2016 at 17:43.
chandras1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 22:52   #962
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now9084 View Post
Good observation . Yeah - I just noticed that the first one comes in the BRV ad after I'd posted the photo. Creta looks better with the background IMHO
Yes, the Creta looks much better than the BR-V.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 00:11   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
AFAIK, for diesel automatic you do have an option for extended warranty. Only for petrol its not there, but as per my SA, it will be announced soon. The same 6 speed gear box does duty on the Elantra. And in many other markets ix25 is sold only with Petrol + AT combination. Given all this and the fact that its a classical TC gear box, I don't have concerns about long term reliability at all.
I've been clearly told by the SR that there's no option of extended warranty in automatics, be it Diesel or Petrol from Hyundai, I'll confirm it once again but I'm pretty sure that'd be futile.

I really wanted to go for the extended warranty because I've heard stories of really expensive repairs on auto gearboxes after a few years, especially given my daily run between Delhi and Gurgaon in that monstrous traffic
Old 19th May 2016, 00:22   #964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishusingh View Post
I've been clearly told by the SR that there's no option of extended warranty in automatics, be it Diesel or Petrol from Hyundai, I'll confirm it once again but I'm pretty sure that'd be futile.
Typical Hyundai. They did not provide extended warranty for Xcent AT as well.

Raises questions about the confidence they have in AT gearboxes.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:23   #965
BHPian

Both the dealers in Bangalore did give me quotes for extended warranty for Diesel AT. The Trident SA said it took a while for the extended warranty for the diesel AT to be announced and likewise he was confident that the same would happen for the petrol AT as well. I managed to find the Advaith Hyundai price list. Please see below

Also, look at http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...dwarranty.aspx In fact this official website gives you all details. For Creta Diesel AT, Verna petrol AT and i10Grand petrol AT option to purchase extended warranty is indeed available. I couldn't find accent petrol AT though. Not sure why. Hopefully Hyundai has plans for the extended warranty for the Creta Petrol AT too.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20160519_081603.jpg  

Last edited by chandras1 : 19th May 2016 at 08:42.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 08:40   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Both the dealers in Bangalore did give me quotes for extended warranty for Diesel AT. The Trident SA said it took a while for the extended warranty for the diesel AT to be announced and likewise he was confident that the same would happen for the petrol AT as well. I managed to find the Advaith Hyundai price list. Please see below
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Typical Hyundai. They did not provide extended warranty for Xcent AT as well.

Raises questions about the confidence they have in AT gearboxes.

Creta all models have a 3 yrs/unlimited kms standard warranty.

For the 4th year, all Creta models except Petrol AT have extended warranties. But then check out the Kms given in the snap shot below. For 4th year it is 80000 kms and 5th year 100000 Kms (only for Petrol). So in case you have covered 80000 Kms by third year, IMO the extended warranty is of no use because one of the conditions has already been met. Might as well wait for the time just before the standard warranty ends to get the benefits of extended warranty if required.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-warranty.jpg

Surprisingly in the chart, even Creta Diesel does not have 5th year warranty, where as Petrol MT has the clause. Indications of the confidence they have on various models ?

Last edited by nkghai : 19th May 2016 at 09:04.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 23:17   #967
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai ix25 – Auto China 2016

New Features

1. A four-wheel drive system is offered in the two top-end grades.
2. LED daytime running lights
3. Power folding door mirrors
4. LED tail lights
5. Panoramic sunroof
6. Cruise control
7. 8-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat
8. Heating function for front seats
I wish Hyundai introduces these in the Indian Creta

I like the Brushed Aluminium Grill compared to the Chrome Grill
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25frontthreequartersatautochina2016.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25frontthreequartersleftsideatautochina2016.jpg

The interiors look good. The driver seats are now electrically adjustable (8-Way!!) The all-black (Grey?) interior looks good. Brushed aluminium door handles look upmarket.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25interioratautochina2016.jpg

Love the LED lights. Hyundai should introduce this in the Indian Creta
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25rearatautochina2016.jpg

The body coloured Number Plate Garnish looks much better than the Chrome plated or Black plastic offered in India
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25rearthreequartersatautochina2016.jpg

The rear reflectors seem to house the rear fog lamps too.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundaiix25sideprofileatautochina2016.jpg

I am going to book the Creta SX(O) this week and the SA has said that there is a waiting period of 6 weeks. I hope Hyundai wakes up and gives at least the Cruise Control in the Indian Creta in these 6 weeks.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/05/h...na-2016-233174

Last edited by MAS : 24th May 2016 at 23:25.
MAS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 13:42   #968
BHPian

Creta Petrol A/T Mileage Update

I haven't yet clocked enough miles on my Petrol A/T to come up with a conclusive FE Figure, but sharing below confirmed statistics of a Friends Petrol Automatic basis the first three tank ups

Tank Full 1 - 410 Kms in 38.6 Litres
FE - 10.62 kmpl

Tank Full 2 - 553 Kms in 49.6 Litres
FE - 11.14 kmpl

Tank Full 3 - 510 Kms in 49 Litres
FE - 10.4 kmpl

The above is in Non Peak Hour driving, primarily on the Delhi-Jaipur National Highway with a daily commute from Dwarka to Gurgaon
amit_2025 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 17:22   #969
Team-BHP Support

Thanks that's very useful. I guess this should be considered as highway figures given how described. Means city figures in traffic might be 7-8 kmpl. Not great.

Given that people are increasingly leaning towards automatics and separately also towards petrol, Hyundai must try to improve the FE of its petrol automatic vehicles.
Old 26th May 2016, 22:53   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hyundai ix25 – Auto China 2016

New Features
3. Power folding door mirrors
Current model has power folding ORVMs, I can confirm that since this was one of the features on my checklist before booking my Diesel AT
vishusingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 22:56   #971
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Current model has power folding ORVMs, I can confirm that since this was one of the features on my checklist before booking my Diesel AT
My Bad, I was thinking it to be an "Auto-Fold" feature while switching on and off just like the i20.
Old 26th May 2016, 23:46   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is welcome. It was too much of Hyundai not to give this on a 17 lakh OTR car first time around. But on the lighter note, I hope Hyundai did not jack up price by 50K for this feature. No offence to anyone but seeing Hyundai and Toyota's penchant for raising prices of Creta and Innova , it would not be out of place.
Old 26th May 2016, 23:52   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
That is welcome. It was too much of Hyundai not to give this on a 17 lakh OTR car first time around. But on the lighter note, I hope Hyundai did not jack up price by 50K for this feature. No offence to anyone but seeing Hyundai and Toyota's penchant for raising prices of Creta and Innova , it would not be out of place.
I've been quoted 16.9 lacs on road but I must say Hyundai has got increasingly confident on the Creta, so much so that it reflects on the attitudes with which the SRs seem to deal with the customers.

In my case itself there has been a drastic change in the response time and cordiality of the SR at Himgiri Hyundai before and after my car's booking, now he has stopped picking up my phone calls even! All that because I just want to know that after 15 days of booking has at least the order for my car been placed from their side to Hyundai.

I'll probably cancel the booking here and take it somewhere else.

Last edited by vishusingh : 26th May 2016 at 23:53. Reason: added car's quote
Old 27th May 2016, 00:59   #974
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been quoted 16.9 lacs on road but I must say Hyundai has got increasingly confident on the Creta, so much so that it reflects on the attitudes with which the SRs seem to deal with the customers.

In my case itself there has been a drastic change in the response time and cordiality of the SR at Himgiri Hyundai before and after my car's booking, now he has stopped picking up my phone calls even! All that because I just want to know that after 15 days of booking has at least the order for my car been placed from their side to Hyundai.

I'll probably cancel the booking here and take it somewhere else.
I second that. My SA is like a dumb college kid. Does not pick up calls; Does not reply to my queries; Doesn't bother to call back. But, Creta is a good product and to own a good product, i have decided to ignore such stupidity. It will be our loss if we decide not to buy the Creta.

Added to the bad treatment, Hyundai Motor Plaza wants to pay very less money for my beloved Fiesta as i have to trade in my old car.
Old 28th May 2016, 00:24   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I second that. My SA is like a dumb college kid. Does not pick up calls; Does not reply to my queries; Doesn't bother to call back. But, Creta is a good product and to own a good product, i have decided to ignore such stupidity. It will be our loss if we decide not to buy the Creta.

Added to the bad treatment, Hyundai Motor Plaza wants to pay very less money for my beloved Fiesta as i have to trade in my old car.
Yep that's true, however I feel that the SA from a different dealership (Hans Hyundai) has a bit more sense, he has been calling me for some time now for the booking, I'm deliberating whether to cancel it at Himgiri and transfer to Hans but then there would be added overhead on the waiting time however Hans promises delivery within 1 month (at least verbally).

The current SA dropped another bomb today after me calling him thrice that it is likely that my car won't be in the list of orders they'll be placing this month which would mean it'll be placed next month, that translates to an additional month of waiting He may be trying to keep me engaged until the start of next month so I have no choice but to keep my booking as going anywhere else won't be much use then since the new car orders are placed at the start of month usually from all dealers.

About trading in cars, in my experience it's never a good idea to trade in old cars to dealers as the quotes that they come up with are at least 30% less than the real value of the car, one should look to sell it in the market unless it is in really bad shape.

Most Viewed