Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 15:31   #1126
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

While I am a big fan of an in-built GPS/Navigation systems, I absolutely hate that MMI software provided with the Creta does not have any traffic related information.
With primary driving in the city, it is a big drawback of the system and a big-let-down.

Gmaps consumes a lot of battery on the phone and obviously it kills the point of having an in-built GPS.
Old 18th July 2016, 18:10   #1127
BHPian

I Broke my Creta Key. Valet lost the remote and I am just just with the key. And I also lost my spare key. So is it possible to start the vehicle with the key or it is used only to open the vehicle ?
Old 18th July 2016, 19:57   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I Broke my Creta Key. Valet lost the remote and I am just just with the key. And I also lost my spare key. So is it possible to start the vehicle with the key or it is used only to open the vehicle ?
Whatever happens get the locks changed to new ones and new set of keys. These factors could lead to your car getting stolen. Does Creta have an immobilizer ? If so get the code changed also
Old 19th July 2016, 01:22   #1129
BHPian

Thanks. I have ordered for a set of new keys with new lock. It will take 10 days to come from Chennai. Till then my car stays parked in the parking lot of the restaurant.
Old 19th July 2016, 20:23   #1130
BHPian

My friend's diesel Creta Auto is having a weird problem(s). If anyone has any knowledge of how to get the below rectified, that will be appreciated.

1) He gets a tak tak kind of noise when he turns the steering to the extremes on either side. The service center has rectified this once, but reappeared again later.
2) GPS navigation is not working and the unit is continuously throwing a message " Preparing for navigation" in the navigation mode. The service center has escalated this to the manufacturer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 19th July 2016 at 20:25.
Old 20th July 2016, 08:42   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
My friend's diesel Creta Auto is having a weird problem(s). If anyone has any knowledge of how to get the below rectified, that will be appreciated.

1) He gets a tak tak kind of noise when he turns the steering to the extremes on either side. The service center has rectified this once, but reappeared again later.
2) GPS navigation is not working and the unit is continuously throwing a message " Preparing for navigation" in the navigation mode. The service center has escalated this to the manufacturer.
The thak sound in the steering is an issue and has been discussed in detail earlier. I had got it rectified and you can see post #819 in the same thread. Here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3936300
Happy to say that the sound has not surfaced again till date.
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 10:17   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
The thak sound in the steering is an issue and has been discussed in detail earlier..Happy to say that the sound has not surfaced again till date.
So, that thak sound was because of the steering shaft and solved using a tape? Could you confirm the exact reason for the sound and the solution. I guess it was not because of steering clock that failed during the process. Pl confirm. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 20th July 2016 at 10:22.
Old 20th July 2016, 10:23   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
So, that thak sound was because of the steering shaft? Could you confirm the exact reason for the sound. I guess it was not because of steering clock that failed during the process. Pl confirm. Thanks in advance.
Oh Yes. It has to do with a minor play in the steering shaft.
Hyundai has acknowledged this and most Service Centers are aware as to how to rectify it.
Old 21st July 2016, 19:04   #1134
BHPian

Would appreciate inputs from anyone regarding front parking sensors.
Mods not sure if there exists a modern thread for the same topic, couldnt find one in a search. More specifically if anyone has the knowledge of how to install front parking sensors for the Creta, that'll be a big help. Our SX+ auto came with the rear parking + rear camera and nothing in the front and I wanted to (hopefully) piggypack front sensors onto the existing system if thats' possible. Was thinking having them in the front like in our city (retrofitted - Steelmate front + back) or our C class would be helpful for those tight parking spots.
Old 22nd July 2016, 00:12   #1135
BHPian

I Test Drove the Creta 1.6 MT Diesel last week and fell in love with the car. Wanted to check if anyone has inputs if the Creta will be getting features added to in anytime soon. The ones I am referring to are, Auto Rain sensing wipers, Auto sensing head lamps and the Electrochromic rear view mirror.
None are deal breakers but if anyone has inside information it would help.
Old 22nd July 2016, 05:20   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I Test Drove the Creta 1.6 MT Diesel last week and fell in love with the car. Wanted to check if anyone has inputs if the Creta will be getting features added to in anytime soon. The ones I am referring to are, Auto Rain sensing wipers, Auto sensing head lamps and the Electrochromic rear view mirror.
None are deal breakers but if anyone has inside information it would help.

If you like the Creta buy it. Don't see these features making it to Creta until the facelift is due. The rear view can be fitted easily.There is a do it yourself thread around on our forum. The other 2 features are pretty useless.
Old 22nd July 2016, 07:33   #1137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
Valet lost the remote
At Siliguri or some place else. If Siliguri, please let us know of the same, better to be careful from next time around.

I usually don't hand over keys at Hotel Alishan, chose to park myself.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:07   #1138
BHPian

Has anyone been able to get a TD of the Petrol AT in Delhi -NCR? I have been trying for the past 10 days, but no luck ..

Also, any info on the SUV characteristics of the vehicle? Like the Ramp Breakover Angle , Approach, Departure Angle etc..
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:33   #1139
BHPian

Re: Clutch Failure in 14000kms - Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
My Creta 1.6 SX Diesel that has run 14000 Kms has shuddering issue since last two days when engaging first gear.
Visited Advaith Hyundai, BG Road, Bangalore today and the service engineer Suresh mentioned that it is a failure in clutch system and following to be replaced.
  • Clutch Plate
  • Pressure Plate
  • Release Bearing
  • Master Cylinder
  • Sleeve Cylinder
  • Fly wheel
Master and Sleeve cylinder might not be required based on its damage.

Also he goes ahead and said it is a common issue in verna and if you drive a lot in the city with heavy traffic it is prone to happen often.

I was shocked to hear that the clutch system can fail in just 14K KMs due to soft clutch. Earlier I had Swift petrol and the clutch had no issues up to 80K kilometers.
Contacted Hyundai and they say it is not covered in warranty as it is a wear and tear issue. Had a long argument with them and finally they agreed to raise a complaint 1-523533677. I am not even sure if it is a real complaint number or that customer support guy just gave some number to get rid of the call

I am looking for inputs on fixing this issue and to explore the possibility to get this done through warranty.

The issue is not severe for now. I could notice it clearly when the car is loaded with 2 or more people and more after it heated up.

As per service engineer it would cost upwards of 25 K for the replacement of mentioned parts. That would also mean that I need to spend 25K for approximately every 20K kilometers as I will be driving in same heavy traffic of Bangalore city for my office commutation.
Above issue in my Creta has been resolved. Feeling the real creta driving pleasure now

I started to have knee pain due to the tight clutch. After a long trip over the last week end, I went to Advaith Hyundai and dropped the car for repair. I told them that I cannot live with this issue anymore and I need the car repaired at the earliest whatever it takes. Service engineer was telling me earlier that you can drive another 3 or 4 thousand KMs. Odometer is currently in 16K KMs.
Service Manager told me that the Hyundai Engineers are visiting their service center for general feedback on new cars and he would hand over the car to them for inspection.
I waited couple of day and then they called me and said the car has been repaired under warranty as a good will gesture. They have changed the below parts:
1. Bearing clutch Release
2. Cover Assy-Clutch
3. Disc Assy-clutch
and the bill was 8260 INR with discount of same amount to make the total 0.

Strange thing is that I have never felt the clutch so soft. I must say that the issue was there from the day 1 and got used to it. With my style of driving the issue was accentuated.
Now the clutch is very soft. Only other thing is that I still feel the clutch travels a bit and I assume it is alright.

Thanks for the inputs folks
kmsithan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 14:45   #1140
BHPian

I got my 3rd service done about a month back and for the first time car has started giving me problems (I hope its a one off issue and my car doesnt pick it as a habbit).

I am struggling with 3 issues -
1. The engine at idel is litle louder. I wanted service advisor to check and confirm if thats a problem but was told to come back with am appointment. So much so for the spam messages that i have been getting after each service to reach out in case of an issue.

2. Rear door handle is stuck

3. Left viper blade is literally coming off in pieces. It makes a screeching sound whenever i am forced to use it (hard to not to in Mumbai Rains). Not sure how good the quality of the blades is. I have been driving for almost last 20 years, good 25k per year and have owned different cars. I have seen blades wearing off but this is a first!

I was hopeful of a friendly treatment at the workshop but had to fight with them to get the blades (so that i can install them myself). Much dissapointed with the service and the car today.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks