Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 15:48   #1381
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Hi Folks,

I am contemplating to buy the new Creta which according to rumours expected to be launched in India sometime in 2017. Wanted your thoughts please on

1. Is the updated Creta worth the wait ?
2. Will there be a significant price increase for the new model ?
3. The only drawback I see in the current model is the lack of all wheel Discs. Will this be addressed in the updated version?
4. I have been driving a Fiesta Classic since 2006 and the need to upgrade is on the cards. I can wait for maybe another year but not more than that.
Old 27th October 2016, 20:00   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Hi Folks,

I am contemplating to buy the new Creta which according to rumours expected to be launched in India sometime in 2017. Wanted your thoughts please on
Hi SilverBLaze, to answer your questions we need to know someone inside Hyundai to give us the scoop. It is hard to say what features will be added and at what prices.

All round disc brakes may come only in the top end variant, like what Hyundai did for the previous gen i20. So it really depends if your Fiesta can stick around for a year or so. If not i would suggest going for the current Creta.
As i have been driving my StarDust AT CDRI for close to two months what i feel missing when compared to my previous gen i20.

1. Electrochromatic IVRM
2. Auto Headlights
3. At times the passenger side request sensor.

So would these be added in the upcoming new release, not sure. However if it is , it will be in the higher variants.

just my 2 cents
Old 28th October 2016, 08:27   #1383
BHPian

Hi Silverblaze

IMO that an updated Creta is atleast more than an year away keeping in mind that HMIL have their hand full with new launches in form of Tuscon, Generation updates in form of Verna and facelifts in form of Grand i10 lined up. Plus they desperately need to get their act together at the bottom of the pyramid and work on EON & i10 where they have been stagnant in recent times.

Creta is managing decent numbers at present, and to follow the Indian way of not to mend what is not broken they just might wait for an updated Duster / Terrano, launch of Kick before putting up an update.

As for the prices, if recent trends are anything to go by do expect a major price increase as they have been able to charge a premium on Creta since it launched.

Just a small suggestion, do take a comprehensive test drive before going for a Creta, you have been driving a Fiesta which was a gem in driving and handling, Creta's handling might not be upto the same benchmark. Else all is fine with it, have completed 37k km in my year old Creta and am in absolute love with it.

Quote:
Hi Folks,

sids1811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 15:36   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Hi SilverBLaze, to answer your questions we need to know someone inside Hyundai to give us the scoop. It is hard to say what features will be added and at what prices.

All round disc brakes may come only in the top end variant, like what Hyundai did for the previous gen i20. So it really depends if your Fiesta can stick around for a year or so. If not i would suggest going for the current Creta.
As i have been driving my StarDust AT CDRI for close to two months what i feel missing when compared to my previous gen i20.

1. Electrochromatic IVRM
2. Auto Headlights
3. At times the passenger side request sensor.

So would these be added in the upcoming new release, not sure. However if it is , it will be in the higher variants.

just my 2 cents

@yajaman99- I am hoping that all round discs will be available in the top end and with this there sure will be a premium included in the price. So far my car has clocked more than 1,20,000 kms and I had recently discovered a small leak from the coolant tank which needs to be addressed.Apart from that no other issues and she is still running on the stock clutch. I feel that she has aged gracefully.

As for the features, I feel Hyundai has not justified itself and the cost-cutting is so evident. Hope they get their act together someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Hi Silverblaze

IMO that an updated Creta is atleast more than an year away keeping in mind that HMIL have their hand full with new launches in form of Tuscon, Generation updates in form of Verna and facelifts in form of Grand i10 lined up. Plus they desperately need to get their act together at the bottom of the pyramid and work on EON & i10 where they have been stagnant in recent times.

Creta is managing decent numbers at present, and to follow the Indian way of not to mend what is not broken they just might wait for an updated Duster / Terrano, launch of Kick before putting up an update.

As for the prices, if recent trends are anything to go by do expect a major price increase as they have been able to charge a premium on Creta since it launched.

Just a small suggestion, do take a comprehensive test drive before going for a Creta, you have been driving a Fiesta which was a gem in driving and handling, Creta's handling might not be upto the same benchmark. Else all is fine with it, have completed 37k km in my year old Creta and am in absolute love with it.
sids1811- Thank you for the response ! I do agree with you and Hyundai definitely needs to revamp its entry segments to the likes of Maruti because they are just killing it ! As for the prices, Hyundai is quite notorious to charge a bomb if they ever decide to launch the updated one. So i guess time is money in this case

I drove the creta for around 10-15 KMS both on the highway and on rough roads and I found the drive to be quite stable. The suspension is top notch and the 1.6 L engine does a great job. However the steering didnt feel quite as direct as the Fiesta but i can live with that as Creta can conquer bad roads with ease. I have kind of made up my mind now and hoping to book one very soon. I have been offered a brand new SX(0) Diesel through the CSD @ 15.3 all inclusive. I feel its a good deal.

Dear members, please share your thoughts.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2017 at 00:22. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
Old 28th October 2016, 16:04   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
@yajaman99-

I have been offered a brand new SX(0) Diesel through the CSD @ 15.3 all inclusive. I feel its a good deal.
[/b]
The most intriguing part is the offer.
How can an offer be made from CSD unless you are from forces?
Could you kindly elucidate.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:12   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
I have been offered a brand new SX(0) Diesel through the CSD @ 15.3 all inclusive. I feel its a good deal.

Dear members, please share your thoughts.
@ 15.3 all inclusive go ahead and book it. Really a good deal.
The SX(O) is the best option out there currently if you are looking for a Diesel. I wish it had come in the AMT also.
Old 28th October 2016, 16:25   #1387
BHPian

nkghai- My mother is currently availing CSD facilities as my Dad was in the Army. She has offered to buy the car in her name and then transfer it to my name after 2 years.

yajaman99- Yes, It sure is a good deal IMHO and the only vice is that i will have to get the car delivered in Chennai as there is no facility to buy thru CSD in Bangalore.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 07:51   #1388
BHPian

Took delivery on Wednesday. It is a Petrol automatic. Will share initial impressions soon.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_2113.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 30th October 2016 at 18:56. Reason: Correcting image orientation
promit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 11:29   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyndai releases another teaser for the upcoming NEW Creta for Brazil.

Differentiates the New Creta from the Indian version.

Quote:
The new Hyundai Crete 2017 will be released in Brazil with 1.6 and 2.0-liter engine also. The South Korean brand crossover will be manufactured in Piracicaba/SP and comes with visual changes, especially in the front grille, plus bumper and small alterations in the headlights and taillights.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hyundai_creta_badge_2_0.jpg
Hyundai gave no further details about the engine DVVT 2.0, which of course will be offered in more expensive versions

Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st November 2016 at 11:31.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:00   #1390
BHPian

Question for fellow manual petrol Creta owners:
I am getting an average of about 11kmpl in city traffic and about 13kmpl on highways. Car has been driven about 9000kms and is yet to undergo 2nd Service.

Are others also getting similar FE?
Old 4th November 2016, 08:24   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

Gen Next Creta to get seven-seat variant. Slated for a 2021 debut.

Just like the speculated Upcoming Duster, Hyundai is likely the 7 seat as variant.

Quote:
Hyundai has already started work on the second-gen Creta, due in 2021. This time around, the new Creta is likely to be offered as a five-seater and a seven-seater. The carmaker believes that there are two distinct categories of buyers for each of these variants and wants to offer an option to both.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2016 at 08:25.
Old 6th November 2016, 16:35   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The 17 inch alloy from Creta has a wheel width of 6.5J. I feel this is good enough. You could get wider tyres as the stock ones, 215/60 R17 are just adequate. Wider tyres will make the ride better and the car will look sportier.
I've decided to trade in the stock supplied Goodyear 215/60 R17 tyres for 225/55 R60 Michelin 3ST rubber (the closest size available). While its only a marginal decrease in sidewall height and tyre width, the real benefits of Michelin's soft ride quality and ultra high reliability are what I am hoping to achieve.
Old 7th November 2016, 13:53   #1393

After so much research, reading reviews and convincing my family members, I had booked a white Creta SX Diesel @Chandra Hyundai, Coimbatore on October 12. I ordered this car for my father, after selling his 5 year old Dzire VDi for 4.65 lakhs. Sales guy has promised to deliver the car by 11th November (4 weeks waiting time). I just can't wait to get the car .

There are few things that bothers me about the car, and I wanted to know if any of you guys have tried these mods
1. Is it possible to Swap stock non-adjustable center arm rest lid with the one from new Elantra which is adjustable (slides forward)?
2. Does the stock 5" AVN support reversing camera?
3. Is the luggage net is a standard accessory?
Old 8th November 2016, 22:21   #1394
BHPian

Just check what a Maruti Suzuki Desire did to a Creta

Is Creta that unstable?
Old 8th November 2016, 22:40   #1395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Is Creta that unstable?
Complete retard in the Creta. People just want to ghusao their car in first with no perspective on right of way or approach speed etc. He has been hit smack on side ways. I don't think this hit implies the Creta is unstable. Just the nature of the impact.

Last edited by manson : 16th November 2016 at 15:19. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed