Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 13:02   #1426
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Need help friends -
I have Creta E+ (Manual gear & AC) & I am facing a strange behavior. When I move the temperature control knob to Max cool, AC gets switched on automatically along with air re-circulation mode. And the buttons become disfunctional i.e. I cannot switch off AC. Now if I move the temperature control knob away from max cool, the functionality is normal.
Is this the expected behavior or some problem?
Old 22nd November 2016, 19:06   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Need help friends -
I have Creta E+ (Manual gear & AC) & I am facing a strange behavior. When I move the temperature control knob to Max cool, AC gets switched on automatically along with air re-circulation mode. And the buttons become disfunctional i.e. I cannot switch off AC. Now if I move the temperature control knob away from max cool, the functionality is normal.
Is this the expected behavior or some problem?
Got it!
The behavior is mentioned in the Creta manual. Looks like even the service center guys did not know about this feature
dextor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:39   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorkBHP View Post
I'ts a MT

Anyone of our members here who have a MT with button start, pls share your experience on this problem
I have the same problem in the MT Petrol, the car shuts down completely as soon as you press the STOP button (with or without clutch). Stupid really.
Old 23rd November 2016, 10:50   #1429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
This was fitted from Trident Hyundai on Sankey road.
The surround camera system is that of three cameras, one in the front and one under each OVRM.

The Control Panel, located next to the Driver Side Ac Vent.
Attachment 1576034

A Collage showing the location and views from the cameras.

Attachment 1576033

The display is via the 7" AVN.
The camera stays on for 20 Seconds when I change from P to D.
The power on button also triggers the Right camera view.
There is not a DVR , just plain cameras to help you judge how close you are too object on the left, right and front.
The Front is very useful in those just right spots for parallel parking.

Hope this helps.
Can you please share details about it? I've been trying something similar for my Brezza but have not been successful as yet. Please PM for the same.
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:45   #1430
BHPian

Hi, i find in my AT that if i dont press the brake while switching off/on the car, the AVN continues to operate. Try that.
Old 23rd November 2016, 13:29   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to stop the engine without stopping the ICE in a model which is equipped with button start

Also experts are requested to share details on my earlier post on list of basic default accessories provided with the car in a sx+ variant
After shutting off the engine, if you *momentarily* press the START/STOP button once, then ICE starts. If you momentarily* press the it once again, then the fan starts. If you press it for 2 or more seconds, then the engine turns on.

I was shown this behavior in some car, I forget which (probably Corolla). Try that.
Old 23rd November 2016, 14:53   #1432
BHPian

@wheeliej - had already tried your suggestion but the AT functions differently compared to the MT on this point.

@vharihar - what you've mentioned is correct but my point was to switch off the car without switching off the ICE / AVN
Old 23rd November 2016, 15:56   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
A question to all Creta owners in Bangalore, I'll be in the market early next year for a Hyundai Creta, wanted your opinion on the different Hyundai dealerships in Bangalore. Advaith, Trident, Lakshmi, Pavan and Blue are the different Hyundai dealerships in Bangalore. Would be great if you could share your experiences with any of these dealers and provide valuable feedback on the same.
My experience with Lakshmi Hyundai was very good. Seamless sales and delivery.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:14   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
My experience with Lakshmi Hyundai was very good. Seamless sales and delivery.
We recently purchased a Creta E+ from Blue Hyundai, Mysore Road. Our experience was not very pleasant. Although they made us the best offer among all the dealers but they tried to duck away from many of their commitments and we had to pester a lot with them to make them honor their commitments. Also, their sales manager changed (resigned) in between and the new manager tried to wash off his hands from the commitments that the old sales manager made, citing he made wrong promises.

Overall, i would not recommend them to anyone.
BayB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 21:40   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
A question to all Creta owners in Bangalore, I'll be in the market early next year for a Hyundai Creta, wanted your opinion on the different Hyundai dealerships in Bangalore. Advaith, Trident,
I have had a very good experience with Trident from Sankey Road.
I had picked up my I20 two years back from them and also my Creta.
I cannot talk about all Trident Hyundai outlets but Trident @ Sankey Road has my vote. However i think it all depends on the sales person you are interacting with and that they are honest with you.
All the best and hope the missing features are added into next years model.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 07:42   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@wheeliej - had already tried your suggestion but the AT functions differently compared to the MT on this point.

@vharihar - what you've mentioned is correct but my point was to switch off the car without switching off the ICE / AVN
It's a common problem in most cars. Think BMW works in a straight manner while others have different ways to get this done.

One thing I have heard is pressing the Start button multiple times. It goes to ACC mode. Havent tried this but do give it a shot.
Old 24th November 2016, 23:51   #1437
BHPian

Well, to put it across simply, I am expecting the following pattern when I press the start stop button.

-Acc on-ignition on-engine start-engine stop-acc off
This is the expected sequence whereas the sequence in actual experience is
-Acc on-ignition on-engine start-engine & acc off

Every dash denotes a press of the button.
My problem is everything switches off at the last step leaving no choice to the user. I guess I'll have to live with this since I've tried almost everything.
Old 25th November 2016, 10:23   #1438

@TorkBHP
-Acc on-ignition on-engine start-engine stop-acc off
This is the expected sequence whereas the sequence in actual experience is
-Acc on-ignition on-engine start-engine & acc off
----------------------
Fair expectation, However from my view the sequence as of now is the practical way. To have the Acc on only one more button press is what is required.

Imagine the sequence is changed as per your suggestion
-Acc on-ignition on-engine start-engine stop-acc off..
Then what should the system assume is your next move
"engine stop - Acc off" or "engine stop - Ignition on"
Old 25th November 2016, 12:58   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Took delivery on Wednesday. It is a Petrol automatic. Will share initial impressions soon.
I have had the car for exactly a month. More than happy with it. Other cars which were thought about were Ecosport, i20, Verna, Creta, City, BR-V. We didn't seriously pursue any of the other options other than the Creta. Just visited the Honda showroom and sat in the City and BR-V. Took test drives of 3 variants of the Creta - Diesel, Petrol and Petrol AT. Booked a petrol SX+ manual initially and converted the booking to an AT.
  • Coming from a sedan or a hatchback, you sit half a level higher. Seating postion is good. Forward visibility is great. Seats are very comfortable. Great driving position. I have spent some time in the rear seat, it is spacious and leg room is abundant. The high windows didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Rear AC is a 2 vent unit unlike the gimmicky ones in my Grand i10. Ride quality is good. Rear visibility is poor. The rear camera and sensors are a must.
  • The petrol automatic variant is extremely extremely relaxing to drive. It is slow. Initial pick-up - 0-30 is slow, you have to change your driving style. It’s only once you cross 50 km/hr that it starts picking pace. If you try to go faster and floor the gas it is quite a futile excercise, you end up revving the engine while the gearbox hunts for the correct gear.
  • Hate that the mirrors do not fold with lock/unlock unlike the Grand i10. The smart key is the same as the Grand i10. Hate that it does not come with an automatic day/night mirror.
  • ICE sounds good and is quite nice, responsive, intuitive and reasonable fast to use. I hate that the Hyundai logo stays on the screen when the system is off. Is there a way to have the screen display a blank screen when not in use? Having to agree with the disclaimer everytime you start the car on the ICE is annoying. Navigation seems to be accurate. I have used it only once. I prefer Google maps. Phone pairing is quite nice. I like how a dialer comes on the screen when you need to make a call.I have just recently figured out that if you shut the engine down in N, the ICE stays on.
  • The static cornering lights are a little disorienting at first. Horn sounds like a European car. Wheels and tires really work for the car.
  • It is not a large car footprint wise. Slightly shorter in length than a City but definitely wider.
  • Boot is smaller vs C+ segment sedans. Ofcourse tumbling the middle row creates a lot of space.
  • Wish it came with the auto dimming mirror and factory fitted sun shades.
  • Wish it came with a nice sunroof, more airbags, a couple of other skimped out things.
  • Am yet to figure out fuel efficiency. Hope it makes it to double digits. DTE and real time average is missing again yet again. Why Hyundai?
  • The DRL is not a DRL in the true sense. It is a parking light? It has to be turned on and isn’t as bright as the competition during the day. Gimmicky.
  • The smart keyless operation and all that jazz impressed us much more 2.5 years back in the Grand i10. We are quite used to it now.

All in all, we are quite happy with our purchase. Value for money wise I really cannot say. To think what 15L on road got you 3-4 years back. Nonetheless, it has become the most popular car at home and is being used as the beater car. I have really started appreciating how relaxing it is to drive an automatic car in our chaotic traffic. Very glad we chose the Automatic over the Manual eventually.

Shall update back soon. A question for everyone, does the Creta have follow me home headlights? I was checking the specifications online and it seems to have it. Also, is there a way to view a list of songs on a pendrive? I am yet to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Promit
promit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 13:51   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can you please share details about it? I've been trying something similar for my Brezza but have not been successful as yet. Please PM for the same.
Found the brochure of the company "HiLife" which is providing this setup. Attaching the same. See if this helps.
I had called them to inquire about the product. They will tell all the details but not the pricing part. They have tie-up with car showrooms & sell only through them. But when I insisted, they told that they can check with the respective showroom & get some discounts.
But I have changed my mind regarding this setup. Will be going with redsoul(rear camera & sensor with 5" dashboard display) as I trust on their quality more.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hilife1.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-hilife2.jpg  

dextor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed