Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 10:25   #121
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd September 2015 at 14:39.
vinayrathore is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th August 2015, 10:45   #122

The Creta. though under featured (by Hyundai standards) is definitely better kitted than the existing competition. However, I am even more intrigued by its positioning (through its pricing).

Its almost as if Maruti and Hyundai have gotten together as a cartel against other manufacturers and created a new segment at a fairly premium pricing.

For those who do not want the XUV, the Creta is now the default choice. Then of course, the huge numbers whose priority is the Creta itself. I really want to have a chat with the guys who strategized this whole thing. This battle was won at the drawing board by a very smart marketing brain.
Old 27th August 2015, 10:56   #123
BHPian

ISOFIX- Why the Creta AT is the car every new parent ought to buy

A very informative post.Very well done. Highly appreciated. I was in the same boat when I tried to fix my child car seats in my verna 4 years back,sold it to buy Cruze LTZ but it had only top tether and not isofix which was better than nothing. Don't know why the manufacturers remove the rear central 3 point seat belt and isofix points in the car model being sold in India when they provide the same thing in the same model overseas?These things can be good points for selling a safe car and to make people notice of the model!! I know how difficult it is to properly install child car seat with belts and even more of a headache when you have to shift car seat between 3 cars. Hope manufacturers will start to listen to us and do needful.

Last edited by drchernish : 27th August 2015 at 10:59.
Old 27th August 2015, 10:57   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: ISOFIX- Why the Creta AT is the car every new parent ought to buy

As a Parent, I found Myself in a similar Boat as Yourself, and decided to Prioritize Safety over Everything else, including outright performance (for generally focusing on performance is inimical to safety), and bought ourselves the Ford Ecosport AT. What the Ecosport AT gives over the Creta AT, is 4 more airbags, and arguably, a better build quality along with ABS, ESP, TC, Hill Hold etc.

So, if Safety is the consideration, then the Ecosport AT, it should be.
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 11:09   #125
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Even the Renault Fluence comes with ISOFIX.

You could try it out. But from what I've heard only the Petrol has a bit of performance that you can extract.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:40   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

• Rear seat is more suitable for 2 adults, not 3
That is a real bummer and a deal breaker for me. If an SUV( or a compact one) cannot seat 3 adults in the rear seat, I rather look elsewhere.

An overall excellent review. Thank you.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

Good thread, thanks for sharing.
ISOFIX standards are unheard by most people in India and this is reflected in majority of our cars in the market.
Strangely, the cheapest car with ISOFIX is Mahindra E2O, when they can implement it in E2O, why can't Mahindra offer it in their other cars.
Old 27th August 2015, 12:48   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Good thread, thanks for sharing.

ISOFIX standards are unheard by most people in India and this is reflected in majority of our cars in the market.

Strangely, the cheapest car with ISOFIX is Mahindra E2O, when they can implement it in E2O, why can't Mahindra offer it in their other cars.

Sad and unfortunate that the usage and education levels in India is still bad. The manufacturers should take it on themselves as a moral responsibility to educate and make it available on all models. We need to get the baby on my lap is the safest out of our system.
Old 27th August 2015, 13:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Now, I'm not defending M&M. Just saying what they must have thought.
Frankly, I do not think M&M ever thought about it at all ! Reva/E20 was an acquisition and while it carries the emblem, barely anything else bears any semblance to the parent...and I am not even talking about the most obvious differences E20 has a host of other nifty thingies...but that is of-course a topic for some other day.

Let alone ISOFIX...I think even baby-seats are a relatively less common concept here...more common in larger cities/metros. I recall that a friend of mine in Germany said the hospital where their baby was delivered had given a pre-delivery checklist which included a car with appropriate newborn safety equipment before allowing the new-born to even leave the hospital! Will we ever see such safety enforcement here in India? Here, we hear a lousy excuse even for basic features like air-bags being made mandatory: "We offer them in premium versions and would like to allow consumers the flexibility to choose whether they need it or not"
Old 27th August 2015, 14:20   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjois View Post
The Creta AT was the only car to have the ISOFIX
The EcoSport's higher variants also have hooks for child seats.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 14:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
They may cry a little initially but they will learn to sit strapped in the child seat at an early age which is great.
Brilliantly written. I have started training my 1.5 year old duaghter to sit strapped up. I must say i have succedded a bit. Last week i did a drive from Borivali to Mira road which is about 10 kilometers with her perfectly strapped up and not a single tantrum.

It took me a lot of effort. Multiple drives to understand her behaviour in the car but finally made it.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 15:53   #132

I did see the ford ecosport and sadly even though it is a lot cheaper and better equipped safety wise, it was very under powered and miserable at overtaking. The creta was at least as powerful as my polo and had way more space in the trunk for a stroller, a couple of suitcases and is surprisingly even more spacious in the back seat which was what sealed the deal to be honest.

I was even contemplating on leasing the B class which is surprisingly close and if the Hyundai guys take forever might even take it.
vjois is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 16:42   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did see the ford ecosport and sadly even though it is a lot cheaper and better equipped safety wise, it was very under powered and miserable at overtaking. The creta was at least as powerful as my polo and had way more space in the trunk for a stroller, a couple of suitcases and is surprisingly even more spacious in the back seat which was what sealed the deal to be honest.

I was even contemplating on leasing the B class which is surprisingly close and if the Hyundai guys take forever might even take it.
Well the Diesel Creta is definitely more powerful than Ecosport and so is Polo. I use Vento TDi and Ecosport as my daily drive and don't find Ecosport underpowered, and I don't find it difficult to overtake either. Where the Ecosport beats Vento is in terms of drivability, the power delivery is very linear and stalls much less. When it comes to drivability, Creta is better than VW but not as good as Ecosport(predominantly in low speeds).
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 00:45   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
When it comes to drivability, Creta is better than VW but not as good as Ecosport(predominantly in low speeds).
Wow that's a great compliment for Hyundai...beating a European car When you say drivability is it the gear ratio...less frequent gear changes in slow traffic? I've driven a Vento long time ago but can't exactly recollect the gearing ratio
Old 28th August 2015, 10:58   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Wow that's a great compliment for Hyundai...beating a European car When you say drivability is it the gear ratio...less frequent gear changes in slow traffic? I've driven a Vento long time ago but can't exactly recollect the gearing ratio
The problem with Vento is, it has turbo lag, initial gear ratios are very short and the super heavy clutch adds to the misery. But the area where TDi is outstanding is when you hit the powerband. The high end performance so good, brings smile in your face every time you hit A-pedal.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks