Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 11:03   #136
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The problem with Vento is, it has turbo lag, initial gear ratios are very short and the super heavy clutch adds to the misery. But the area where TDi is outstanding is when you hit the powerband. The high end performance so good, brings smile in your face every time you hit A-pedal.
Yeah I agree with you, the Creta has decent low end torque to pull through even at stop and and go traffic in 2nd gear. This was lacking in most of the previous Hyundais.
Old 28th August 2015, 12:49   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Hyundai lost at least 3 customers that I know because the AT is not offered in the top end version. Big mistake.
I agree. I also know one of my friend who has gone with some other option because of AT
Old 28th August 2015, 17:22   #138
BHPian

What is the best we can pay for Creta Insurance at showroom?

Can somebody from Bangalore confirm if Advaith or Trident offered any discount on Creta at least from the Insurance amount.

Its a deep pain in the A$$ buying an already overpriced car from bangalore with the kind of road tax they collect here. SX+ costing me 16L (15,97,095)

I have my Creta SX+ CRDI delivery due this weekend but not able to negotiate a single rupee discount from the showroom. Not even on the ridiculous insurance amount of 53667, I easily see 10K difference with inhouse and outside insurance quotations.

Sales consultant now threatens me that the car delivery can get delayed if I donot opt for showroom insurance.

So what is the best we can pay for Creta Insurance at showroom when compared to outside rates?
Old 28th August 2015, 17:49   #139
BHPian

Re: What is the best we can pay for Creta Insurance at showroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotovamsee View Post
Can somebody from Bangalore confirm if Advaith or Trident offered any discount on Creta at least from the Insurance amount.

Its a deep pain in the A$$ buying an already overpriced car from bangalore with the kind of road tax they collect here. SX+ costing me 16L (15,97,095)

I have my Creta SX+ CRDI delivery due this weekend but not able to negotiate a single rupee discount from the showroom. Not even on the ridiculous insurance amount of 53667, I easily see 10K difference with inhouse and outside insurance quotations.

Sales consultant now threatens me that the car delivery can get delayed if I donot opt for showroom insurance.

So what is the best we can pay for Creta Insurance at showroom when compared to outside rates?
You should be able to buy insurance, from anyone anywhere as long as you have the Chasis-Engine #. Head over to any online site - I recommend Coverfox (DISCLAIMER: College senior's startup) and you should be able to finish the purchase in less than an hour with a credit card. You will need the insurance when registering the car, so just present the temporary copy of the Insurance Certificate - since the "physical" one will take some time.

FYI, I bought insurance online in 15 minutes with these details, and the car was registered with he printout of the certificate I got in my mail. This is Bombay, but apart from the tax in Bangalore, the process should be essentially the same.
Old 28th August 2015, 18:10   #140
BHPian

These new car dealers including the likes of the hyundai and for Mahindra XUV know the high demand for the vehicles and are charging a hefty premium for the same. Not able to choose your own insurance company is daylight robbery but they still get away with it and that's only because if one guy refuses they know someone else won't mind. Such is the situation.
Old 28th August 2015, 19:42   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
These new car dealers including the likes of the hyundai and for Mahindra XUV know the high demand for the vehicles and are charging a hefty premium for the same. Not able to choose your own insurance company is daylight robbery but they still get away with it and that's only because if one guy refuses they know someone else won't mind. Such is the situation.
I TDed Creta at Kun Hyundai Kondapur, Hyderabad almost a month ago. When I discussed about the pricing and asked whether I can go for my choice of insurance company the SA said it was company norm. He might have been under the impress that he can fool all the customers. I challenged him on that and he immediately changed his stance and said it was from Kun management. So I asked him if I decide to buy the vehicle he should give me in writing on Kun letterhead that insurance cannot be purchased outside for which he hesitated. There is nothing to blame the SA as he was just doing what he was instructed to do. These are all shady practices by dealerships taking customers for granted.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 20:23   #142
BNM
BHPian

Quote:

Its a deep pain in the A$$ buying an already overpriced car from bangalore with the kind of road tax they collect. SX+ costing me 16L (15,97,095)

I have my Creta SX+ CRDI delivery due this weekend but not able to negotiate a single rupee discount from the showroom. Not even on the ridiculous insurance amount of 53667, I easily see 10K difference with the rates outside.

No discounts whatsoever. But you can get insurance outside like I did. Saved me 9K. Why let them threaten you? Kick them in the nuts.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 20:49   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
No discounts whatsoever. But you can get insurance outside like I did. Saved me 9K. Why let them threaten you? Kick them in the nuts.
Nice to hear from you being one of the firsts who took the car from Bangalore. May I ask from which dealer you purchased the car and any recommendation you got for insurance choice?
Old 28th August 2015, 20:51   #144
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to hear from you being one of the firsts who took the car from Bangalore. May I ask from which dealer you purchased the car and any recommendation you got for insurance choice?
Advaith. Insurance from HDFC Ergo.
Old 28th August 2015, 22:13   #145
BHPian

Is there a rule of thumb for the price one can expect for zero Dep Insurance in the open market...may be something like x % of the ex showroom price or price per lakh?
Old 29th August 2015, 00:19   #146
BHPian

Re: What is the best we can pay for Creta Insurance at showroom?

Quote:

That doesn't sound right. I dont know much about Bangalore, but logically speaking a car dealership cannot force you to buy insurance from their own inhouse insurance agents etc. You do need to get your car insured before you take delivery and drive it out, but where or from whom you get your insurance is immaterial. So, as long as you have a cover note with you that should be sufficient. If there is any confusion or doubt in your mind, you can arrange for your insurance agent to come directly to the dealership and do the paperwork there to eliminate any scope of mistake/miscommunication.

FYI - I have never ever bought inhouse insurance from dealerships and always arranged to get it done myself, as they tend to be a lot more expensive in my experiences so far.
Old 29th August 2015, 07:20   #147
BHPian

Per IRDA max IDV should be 95% of ex showroom price.
Old 29th August 2015, 09:02   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Per IRDA max IDV should be 95% of ex showroom price.
Thanks for that info on IDV value. Now how much would be the typical insurance premium for Zero Dep option...on a % basis? This might give a quick idea for a person to evaluate if the premium being offered by dealership is looting or fare. Most often times it's the former.
Old 29th August 2015, 11:52   #149
BHPian

Creta SX+ AT already listed on the resale market for 7.5L. That's a good amount of depreciation for a hardly old car.

http://m.cartrade.com/buy-used-cars/thane/hyundai/creta-sx-1-6-u2-vgt-crdi-at/1535044.html#detailed
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 12:31   #150
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Creta SX+ AT already listed on the resale market for 7.5L. That's a good amount of depreciation for a hardly old car.

http://m.cartrade.com/buy-used-cars/....html#detailed
Obviously it is a fake advertisement. The car has run 15012 kms in one month, give me a break!

Why did you even post this advt, when it should have triggered some diligence from your side? When there is a waiting period, why will anyone sell at 50+% discount?

We at TBHP are a discerning community, who appreciate what is good and critical of things not right. Sensationalism is not not part of the DNA

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed