Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 16:09   #226
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
All the tyre pressures recommended by the manufacturer is 'COLD' temperatures and not Warm / Hot temperature.

When the car is idle for more than 3-4 hours, the temperature of the tyre is near ambient so the pressure inside is what is to 'measured and maintained' as per recommendation.

Since the car was driven for 10 kms, the tyre temperature will increase so will the air inside increase in both temperature and pressure. After the travel of 10 kms the temperate increased to 45 psi.

Now the when you sent to check up the air pressures the 'Set Pressure' by the pump guy is 33psi BUT that is cold pressure.

When the valve was connected to go air, it was displaying 45psi hence it reduced it to 33psi. After doing the same in all 4 tyres, you returned to it to drive, net pressure has now decreased may be to 22 - 25psi.
Sorry Anurag but that is quite inaccurate. There is absolutely no way a 10kms drive will cause the tyres to become that hot and show 12PSI more.

Infact, there is no way a hot tyre no matter how long you drive will show 10-12 PSI more.

If you drive through the ghats downhill for a few hours then you are looking at 5-6 PSI more which is pretty much the worst case.

The physics behind is quite simple. Air becomes hot and expands. Hot air has higher pressure than cold air but since the volume of air in tyre is limited the worse case pressure difference between hot and cold will not be more than 5-6 PSI.

What's more likely is that the pressure has always been high and warwithwheels had gotten used to it. Now with lower pressure the steering will be less sharp and car will feel sluggish.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th September 2015 at 16:16.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 16:23   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Sorry Anurag but that is quite inaccurate. There is absolutely no way a 10kms drive will cause the tyres to become that hot and show 12PSI more.
I agree but I meant was the set point kept during top-up was 33 psi which is manufacturer recommendation but OP hasn't mentioned what were the tyre pressures maintained earlier when he went to check them.

45psi could be the end result when the actually pressure was 35 or 36 psi. After the 10 kms done it would have gone to 42psi.
Old 5th September 2015, 16:37   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since the car was driven for 10 kms, the tyre temperature will increase so will the air inside increase in both temperature and pressure. After the travel of 10 kms the temperate increased to 45 psi.
10km of drive and the pressure increased to 45 points? I doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Thank you guys for all your inputs! Headed straight to the same fuel station today and increased the pressure to 40psi. Feels much better.
I wont suggest a pressure of 40. I think thats way too high. Even for Duster and similar cars, the usual pressure recommended is 30-33 psi. By the way what is the recommended tyre pressure?

Last edited by ampere : 5th September 2015 at 16:43.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 17:44   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree but I meant was the set point kept during top-up was 33 psi which is manufacturer recommendation but OP hasn't mentioned what were the tyre pressures maintained earlier when he went to check them.

45psi could be the end result when the actually pressure was 35 or 36 psi. After the 10 kms done it would have gone to 42psi.
Nope. Even if the tyre pressure was 35-36PSI and the car was driven on a race track flat out, the tyre pressure would never reach 42PSI let alone 45 PSI. After 10kms of city/highway driving the pressure would be exactly the same 35-36.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 17:59   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
After 10kms of city/highway driving the pressure would be exactly the same 35-36.
I partially disagree Vid. No offence.

Reason: I have recently got TPMS for my Swift to understand and learn the very same behaviour that we are having a discussion on. Posting this after checking, with both city driving and highway drive multiple times.

I maintain F = 33psi and R = 31psi.

City driving - Lot's of bumper to bumper traffic with braking and steering action the front tyres reach 35-36 psi whereas rear ones are at 32psi.

Highway driving - Constant 110kmph for 35 kms, 8-lane road, the pressures go up to F - 37psi and rear go to 35psi.

Mixed roads (City + Highway) - If the start / stop driving is more the pressure increase is more.

I too did the same mistake once, pressure when I stared from home was 34psi and 32psi respectively, after driving to work for 58 kms, I refuel and at the same time did the top-up, when the air valve was connected it displayed 37psi and 35psi respectively.

Now that I asked the set pressure to be kept at F = 33psi and R = 31psi at the fuel station, after 8 hours of idle (car parked at workplace), when I switched on the TPMS, all 4 tyres were at low pressure with warning. I was shocked but later realized the mistake.

I have set the low pressure warning at 28 psi. So any value below that it beeps.

I may be wrong but this what I have observed.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th September 2015 at 18:04.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 18:12   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

BTW... while refuelling yesterday the fuel meter had two bars left. But the creta took in close to 55L of Diesel. And there was no low fuel warning at all!

What's the reserve capacity of the creta. According to my sales guy, the creta would run only 5kms after the low fuel light comes up, which was quite hard to believe. But when I correlate the readings. His statement seems to be true. This is a bit worrying now.

Creta owner, please chip in with your experience. Mine is a SX(O) Diesel.
I own a SX(O) diesel and when I took delivery the fuel was almost empty. They filled few litres (think for 500 bucks) and still showed the Low fuel warning on the MID and also the amber low fuel display on the cluster. Havent gone below 25% of the tank after that. Will check it next time, hopefully next week. Some pictures from the manual.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150905_181911.jpg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20150905_181943.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 5th September 2015 at 18:30.
Old 5th September 2015, 18:18   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I too did the same mistake once, pressure when I stared from home was 34psi and 32psi respectively, after driving to work for 58 kms, I refuel and at the same time did the top-up, when the air valve was connected it displayed 37psi and 35psi respectively.

Now that I asked the set pressure to be kept at F = 33psi and R = 31psi at the fuel station, after 8 hours of idle (car parked at workplace), when I switched on the TPMS, all 4 tyres were at low pressure with warning. I was shocked but later realized the mistake.

I have set the low pressure warning at 28 psi. So any value below that it beeps.

I may be wrong but this what I have observed.
What you are saying is 3 PSI after 58KMS. Even in stop go you are saying max of 4PSI that too from a TPMS system. Is it branded and accuracy verified? Moreover the TPMS itself will have temperature error as it is inside the tyre.

I agree for 3-4 PSI but your original post said 45PSI which is near impossible to go up by so much.

Like I said cold to hot can be 3-4 PSI difference at max but not more than that.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 19:11   #233

I recently took the delivery of Creta 1.6 SX Crdi from Advaith Hyundai. Had a question on the 5" touchscreen entertainment system. Does the ICE have a Video-In port? Can an aftermarket Rear parking camera be connected to the existing display!
Old 5th September 2015, 20:18   #234
Senior - BHPian

I saw a brand new white Creta today. Its much bigger in person, thats for sure. A bit beefier and taller than the Duster, a bit like a curvier X1.

Interiors looked good in all black and I agree, rear legroom looks like 3 thin adults or 2 adults + 1 child only.
Package looks good overall
Old 5th September 2015, 23:40   #235
BHPian

Can't tell about the same but my dealer here said he can fit the Verna camera and ECM arrangement for 14K. He said camera display to entertainment system was not possible

Please put a pic of your display system here if possible, have been seriously contemplating a 1.6 CRDi SX and have not been able to have look at the actual system. Also your views on SX vs SX+ or SX(O).

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
I recently took the delivery of Creta 1.6 SX Crdi from Advaith Hyundai. Had a question on the 5" touchscreen entertainment system. Does the ICE have a Video-In port? Can an aftermarket Rear parking camera be connected to the existing display!
Old 6th September 2015, 13:44   #236
BHPian

Got my white sxo yesterday. While it's a nice car to drive just a few disappointments :
1. Gear tends to go into 3rd too easily instead of first (but that just reflects it's smoothness)
2. Navigation refused to recognise a couple of prominent landmarks in ghatkopar. Had to resort to Google maps
3. Was missing the sunroof whenever I looked up. It just seemed a natural thing to expect in this car which is otherwise well stocked.
Old 6th September 2015, 14:53   #237
Senior - BHPian

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-image.jpg
Saw this post being circulated on fb, the guy is complaining of noises from body panels and suspension of his car, seems he got a lemon and the dealership is not helping him.

Hyundai cars are well built and rattles/squeaks are mostly not there in Hyundai cars.
Old 6th September 2015, 18:00   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Attachment 1411054

Saw this post being circulated on fb, the guy is complaining of noises from body panels and suspension of his car, seems he got a lemon and the dealership is not helping him.

Hyundai cars are well built and rattles/squeaks are mostly not there in Hyundai cars.

I strongly suspect that the car which turned turtle just before the launch was sold to him and hence he is experiencing all these issues!
Old 6th September 2015, 23:06   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Highway driving - Constant 110kmph for 35 kms, 8-lane road, the pressures go up to F - 37psi and rear go to 35psi.
I have driven up to 440Kms non stop, except the toll booth stops. And at speeds maintained at 110-120. Yes, this includes occasional sprints as well. So, what would have been the approximate psi at the 440Kms stop? I am bit worried after seeing your post.

Note: I have done 1300 Kms in a day too, which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner stop.

Also, I remember checking the air pressure after a drive of around 700Kms and the it had gone up by 4-5psi only. So, I am little confused after seeing your update.

Last edited by arun_josie : 6th September 2015 at 23:12.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 23:15   #240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Also, I remember checking the air pressure after a drive of around 700Kms and the it had gone up by 4-5psi only. So, I am little confused after seeing your update.
Don't worry the max increase will be 5-6psi and not more. Don't panic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks