Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2015, 20:15   #256
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Is anyone able to share more pictures of the Creta in Black & Stardust, Please

Confused about the color choice between the two

On a side note, have been discussing the waiting periods of the A/T with multiple dealers and the answers are anywhere between 3 months to 8 months
Old 9th September 2015, 22:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
On a side note, have been discussing the waiting periods of the A/T with multiple dealers and the answers are anywhere between 3 months to 8 months
Wow...thats awfully long for AT. Kun Hyundai in Kondapur Hyderabad were promising a maximum of 90 days for delivery of any version when I discussed during the 2nd week of launch. Not sure if that has changed now.
Old 10th September 2015, 08:14   #258
BHPian

Quote:
You can see photographs of Black at #36. Stardust photograph is there in Preview thread. Also the petrol review in this thread is of Stardust colour. You wont find many as i have goggled and came across a few only.
BTW. Stardust production is very less. I wanted to go for stardust and had booked it, but my dealer is now saying he cant guarantee as it is not a popular colour so have shifted to next choice i.e White and vehicle is already on the way
Therefore be ready to wait longer than normal for stardust.

Last edited by nkghai : 10th September 2015 at 08:21.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 08:44   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Confused about the color choice between the two

Saw a Black awaiting delivery at Trident Bangalore. Must warn you that the Creta looks very small in that colour, hides all the lines and the bottom cladding. Unless you see it in person don't go for black.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2015 at 08:58. Reason: Removing unwanted spacing.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:58   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Please make note of this very important update regarding Fuel Tank capacities (main & reserve) and the mileage figures of the Creta petrol for inside the city.

Main Tank: ~51 liters.
Reserve Tank: ~4 liters.

Fuel Efficiency inside city (with FATC on all the time): ~11 kmpl,
Fuel Efficiency on the highway (with FATC on all the time): ~15 kmpl.

Another car which is close to the ARAI certified figures.

For a 1265-kg machine powered by a 1.6L engine, the figures are actually mind-blowing!
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:01   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
You can see photographs of Black at #36. Stardust photograph is there in Preview thread. Also the petrol review in this thread is of Stardust colour. You wont find many as i have goggled and came across a few only.
BTW. Stardust production is very less. I wanted to go for stardust and had booked it, but my dealer is now saying he cant guarantee as it is not a popular colour so have shifted to next choice i.e White and vehicle is already on the way
Therefore be ready to wait longer than normal for stardust.
Thanks a ton for routing me to the right spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Saw a Black awaiting delivery at Trident Bangalore. Must warn you that the Creta looks very small in that colour, hides all the lines and the bottom cladding. Unless you see it in person don't go for black.
Agree with you completely; had an opportunity to check out both the colors in person today and while the black looks drool worthy, it does make the car look very small
Old 10th September 2015, 15:14   #262
BHPian

Getting seat covers for my Creta was on my TO DO list ever since I got the car three weeks back. The original fabric seat covers were not of great quality and the seat compound seemed much too soft. It would only be a matter of time that the most heavily used part of the seats, the driver door side, would start sagging. This happened on my previous car (Santro) as well although the seat coumpond was not this soft.

Decision parameters/process:
1. High quality soft feel Nappa leather was quoted at 50k by Karlsson. This was way off my budget
2. Touch leather, which is leather at contact points and rest PU, was quoted around 26k (Ovion). I was tempted here but this was also over budget. Also, the leather I saw in a fit car did not seem real plush or any such thing.
3. Full PU: These covers are the most popular after market seat covers in Bangalore. The weather here is not extreme so they work quite well. Given the demand, there are several suppliers at various price points.I got quotes for PU from 5k (local seat makers) to 15k (Ovion/Imperial Leathers). We decided not to do PU primarily due to the heat build-up issue. Also, while the fit/finish of the ones I saw was quite good, I was a bit skeptical how they would fare after a few years of use/abuse. I had seen some with sagging material on the driver seat...but then they could be rexin on poor quality material. Not too sure.
4. Finally went with fabric. Good quality options were not so many so that made selection easier!

I saw some good reviews on team-bhp for Elegant and checked out their website/facebook. Very good user feedback and range from 4k to 11k. I went with Europa velvet king which is their top of the line. It is a micro-fiber velvet fabric which is spill-proof and easy to clean (so they claim!). Feels quite plush. Designs are quite simplistic...which is how I wanted. This model came with 'bucket fit' which sits nicely on the seats.

The covers, in beige with black trims, cost me 10k with fitting. They are slipped on and then stiched into the original (front) seats at two pre-designated points. The stitch is from the inside of the cover to the back of the seat so does not show at all. It is easily removable if it is needed to change or discard the seat cover. It does not do any damage to the original seat also.

The fit and finish are top-notch as these guys claim to be OEM as well. Their site lists Maruti and Hyundai (Mobis) as well.

The covers are decently padded and while that takes a bit of getting used to, I think it helps make up for Creta's soft seat compound. I feel it improves lumbar support on the front seats. My first reaction was that the thigh support got a bit compromised but after a few days of use, I am not noticing any of that. If this is a concern, especially for taller folks, a non-padded option might be more suitable. They are cheaper as well and also have the spill-proof coating. I am 5'7'' so it works fine for me...improves seat height a bit as well

I bought this at Kumar Accessories on J C Road as they are authorized distributors but others on team-bhp have mentioned that other dealers on JC Road might be able to offer a better deal for the same product. Beige was not available but they got it for me in a week and fit it at my doorstep for an extra Rs 200. One hour job. The head-rest and arm-rest cover all fit well. They have the front arm-rest cover as well although it has elastic edges which do not look great. I am keeping them on anyway.

Next in queue is the steering and gear-knob wrap in leather. Has anyone done it? I want the factory finish as the others I have seen look horrible at the spokes. Dealer quoted 3.5k for it but I am hoping to find a better price outside. I hope the gear-knob wrap would not spoil the mechanism to engage the reverse gear.

If anyone wants, I can post pics as well.
zing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 16:10   #263
BHPian

Have been in a big dilemma on which car to book. My Polo 1.2 MPI has served me extremely well for last 70K, how I wish VW had an option in the mini SUV segment. Was looking for an upgrade and shortlisted Creta and XUV. I have already shared the sheer joy and happy feeling after having test drive of Creta. But XUV always excited me so decided to go for a test drive, albeit came back disappointed.

+ve of XUV
- Its big
- Love the exterior design
- Big glass area
- Great road presence
- Good set of feature list

Negatives
- Poor interiors, blame it on VW as I was spoilt by the superb fit and finish of Polo. The biggest deal breaker for me because as a driver we spend maximum amount of time inside the car, I can compromise a bit on exterior but definitely not on the interiors

- Seating position, I was test driving W10 which had electronic seat adjustment, but I was not able to find a proper position even after several tries (I am 176cm). All was ok, except the fact that my left knee kept rubbing the steering column whenever I had to operate the clutch.

- Compared to Creta I found the ride to be wobbly, I was driving on a pretty ok strip of road. Maybe wrong air pressure ??? but then TPMS was showing everything ok

- I found Cretas power deliver more punchy in the city compared to XUV. Not as peppy as my Polo but no slouch. XUV felt heavy of the start line, on a highway maybe a different story but in the city I think Creta wins it

Many other things but the above were the major deal breakers for me, coupled with forums filled with niggles (mostly electronic and squeaks).

I went to take one more look at Creta after reading about 3 major concerns on various forums,

a) You sit lower just like a sedan !!!! - I mean whoever made this statement never went and sat in a Creta. You basically walk-in the Creta, not climb or sit lower

b) Rear is very claustrophobic - Maybe for kids and short guys, when I sat in the back (am 176cm) I wasnt disappointed

c) Backseat is only for 2 adults and 1 kid - I took my parents with me to check this out and we three could sit with our shoulders brushing but not in an uncomfortable manner. Yes the middle seat has hard compound but definetily not made of wood.

So I decided to go for Creta SX(O) white. No I dont find it expensive, its worth it.

OT : Is it possible to install car seat on the middle seat? shouldnt be a problem right?
formel_eins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 18:48   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Have been in a big dilemma on which car to book.

So I decided to go for Creta SX(O) white. No I dont find it expensive, its worth it.

OT : Is it possible to install car seat on the middle seat? shouldnt be a problem right?
Good choice. Agree, Creata is more 'car like' feel to drive, also sits higher than sedan and is ideal for city driving. It looks very nice and reminds me of a mini Santa Fe SUV. XUV is a good if most of the running is on highways or frequent long trips or 5+ seater is a requirement.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2015 at 10:31. Reason: Please quote the contents of a post selectively. A large quoted post incoveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
Old 10th September 2015, 20:03   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

If anyone wants, I can post pics as well.
I am looking out for decent seat covers for my Creta as well. Fabric seems interesting. Please post some pics. That would be nice.
Old 11th September 2015, 11:52   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Good choice. Agree, Creata is more 'car like' feel to drive, also sits higher than sedan and is ideal for city driving. It looks very nice and reminds me of a mini Santa Fe SUV. XUV is a good if most of the running is on highways or frequent long trips or 5+ seater is a requirement.
The irony is that XUV is a good highway cruiser but last 2 seats cannot be used for long distances and with last 2 seats up you cant have any luggage space. Whereas in city although last 2 seats can be used for short distances but how many times do we have 7 people coming together in city??

90% of the time I am driving alone or with my family (max 5, typically 3 people) So I could not convince myself to lug around 7 seats, big engine and compromising interiors

When I bought Polo, I was a bachelor and travelling every fortnight 250kms to my hometown. People used to say if you are going to do highway runs buy a car with bigger engine atleast a 4 cylinder, and I had this German with a missing cylinder. It used to takes close to 4 hours for the run with our Honda city or a Terrano whereas I did similar times in my Polo too and that too without stressing or formula 1 driving. Anyways our roads, be it expressways or NH, they are not meant for high speeds cruising, its another story that they are capable of landing a supersonic jet (Yamuna expressway). If you can reach 120 for a prolonged distance you should be lucky.

This is my first diesel car, so experienced brethren can help me understand whats the big deal with bigger engines on a highway.
Old 11th September 2015, 12:00   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
Please post some pics. That would be nice.
Here they are. Mobile snaps. Did not do the rear arm rest as I was a bit lazy to remove the baby seat which I have secured in the center of the rear bench.

Material is velvety / suede type so the color tone looks a bit darker if you brush (even with your hand) a part of the cover in the direction opposite to the rest. That shows on the rear seat pic (spot on the side wall)...it is not a dirty patch !
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-front-passenger-seat.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-front-passenger-seattop.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-front-passenger-seats.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-rear-right-seat.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-front-passenger-seat-rear-view.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-front-armrest.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-rear-headrest.jpg  

zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 12:22   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
So I could not convince myself to lug around 7 seats, big engine and compromising interiors
Agree with you and my thought process was similar in choosing Creta. It eventually comes down to specific needs and usage patterns. Also depends on how much money one is ready to blow!

As an analogy...my extended family visits me once an year and for that...I could not get myself to buy a 4 BHK ! ...I rather house some in the apartment guest-house (although that need has never arisen!)

Bigger engine also means lower fuel efficiency. XUV is known to return ~10 in city and ~13 on highways. Plus the whole parking problems for a bigger car. Also, IMHO, the whole highway "experience" might be a bit overrated from the bigger engine perspective. The difference in horses is not over the top...and how many times does one push a car to its edge in terms of speed? The seat comfort etc. is a separate discussion. I don't rank Creta's seats too highly and have heard good things about XUV seats.

Last edited by zing : 11th September 2015 at 12:37. Reason: to improve formatting and readability
Old 11th September 2015, 14:23   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Main Tank: ~51 liters.
Reserve Tank: ~4 liters.
Is this the same for Diesel Creta as well? I've seen owners reporting tank fill in numbers of more than 55lts (not entirely from dry empty). Is that a Hyundai goof up in presenting the capacities or is it the filling station cheating...

Quote:
Fuel Efficiency inside city (with FATC on all the time): ~11 kmpl,
Fuel Efficiency on the highway (with FATC on all the time): ~15 kmpl.
Those are impressive figures for a big size petrol mill as this one.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 16:32   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Is that a Hyundai goof up in presenting the capacities or is it the filling station cheating
I think tanks taking more than 55 is an issue related to asking for 'top-up' of fuel after the auto-cut.

At 50+ litres...I do not see why the tank size for petrol/diesel would be any different.
zing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed