Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 17:47   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Personally I feel Innova engine is not serving to its potential. For 2.5L mill just 100bhp is lame. Even 1.5 L engine from Honda and Ford are doing the same. 1.6L mill from Hyundai is able to output 126bhp. If Toyota can add a turbo and re-tune the engine for better power and torque it would be a killer. But then fuel efficiency will be out of the window. This is the enthusiast in me talking.
Also to keep in mind is the price, already Innova is quite a few notches above and adding the turbo and retuning means Toyota will jack up the price by another lakh or 2. At that price point the sales will go down.
It would be to discuss about Innova on this Creta thread, but to just let you know the current 2KD-FTV series of 2.5L engine powering the Innova has a lower state of tune (102Ps and 200Nm). Toyota has already brought their new GD series of engines. The all new Innova coming next year in India will be powered by these engines.

Further details on the Innova 2016 scoop are being discussed here ----> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ge-7-a-15.html
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 20:06   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting read on how two very pro-active companies have sensed market-shifts and realigned their production strategies to give their in-demand vehicles a very necessary push, so as to cater to the rush in demand with almost equal supply.

Needless to say, one of the companies is Hyundai India and the other is Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India.

Quote:
Hyundai has restructured its manufacturing operations to make way for more Creta SUVs in place of entry-level Eon hatchback.

Thanks to this restructuring, the Creta has already climbed to the leadership position in the SUV space within three months of its launch.

"We are changing our product mix as per the customer demand. That helps us in maximising productivity and profitability," Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Hyundai Motor India, told ET. He said the company will continue to readjust its model mix.

Hyundai has got more than 54,000 bookings for Creta since June. The compact SUV has a waiting period of more than six months in a market which is otherwise struggling with overcapacity and low demand.

It has deferred exports of the Creta by a few months to accommodate high demand in the local market and has ramped up its production by 50 percent from 5,000 units planned earlier to almost 7,500 units a month.
ET Auto

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st October 2015 at 20:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:09   #423
BHPian

Hey guys.

I'm about to get an 1.6 creta diesel automatic. Dealer showed me something strange though. In the form 20, the car was shown as 1582cc but only 94hp.
The dealer says the RTO has only the lower variant registered. But isn't that for the 1.4 litre model?
The car was launched more than 2 months ago. Shouldn't the RTO have updated their system to register all variants? Should i be worried?? Is there something fishy goin on here?
Old 3rd October 2015, 11:32   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Hey guys.

car was shown as 1582cc but only 94hp.
The dealer says the RTO has only the lower variant registered. But isn't that for the 1.4 litre model?
The car was launched more than 2 months ago. Shouldn't the RTO have updated their system to register all variants? Should i be worried?? Is there something fishy goin on here?
Are you sure the power is not mentioned in kw units. 126bhp would be 94kw.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:24   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Are you sure the power is not mentioned in kw units. 126bhp would be 94kw.
I know!!! That makes perfect sense. But in the form it say 94 HP !!
Could it be a typing error. But the dealer says the form is autofilled using the hyundai database. Confused. I dont want a RC with wrong power output figures!
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:03   #426
BHPian

Is that normal to have the low beam on Creta with a dark red patch from either headlights?

This is somehow bothering my eyes in the night as it is easily visible always infront of me, be it just road or traffic.

It looks totally fine with High Beam, I guess something is obstructing the light rays in the headlamps. Are those red turning lights compartment causing this?

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20151002_190932.jpg
Old 4th October 2015, 19:12   #427
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My first official post on TBHP, other than the Intro.

Going with my continued passion for cars, got the Creta (SXO-White) around 20 days ago. Just loving the car.

Have read the detailed official reviews and ownership reviews by Naveen Raju, BNM, Raven Avi and I'm glad that I too joined the pack of proud owners. At this point I have nothing much to add further to what the distinguished members of this forum have already said. Will come out with something in the days to come.

Just adding a pic of our Indie. Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-indieside.jpg  

MindOnWheels is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 08:52   #428
BHPian

Getting my sx plus automatic delivered tomorrow. Want upgrade the tyres (stock Goodyear tyres 205/65r16). Don't want to change the alloys.

Two options I need your help with
1) 215 60 r16. Less difference. Smaller than 1.5 percent. But you lose some mm in ground clearance

2) 215 65 r16 . Difference nearing 2%. But will gain some mm in ground clearance and some gap between the wheel arch and tyre will be filled up. Thinking of Michelin tour hp for this size.

I want to go for the second option. What do you guys think? Reducing wheel arch gap, slightly better gc makes the second option more appealing...
Old 7th October 2015, 15:23   #429

I have been getting loud grinding noise while braking on rough surfaces on my Creta. Feels like small stones have entered between the brake while pressing the paddle. Takes away the confidence while braking.... Is it because of the ABS! This is not always there & I couldn't demonstrate this to the Hyundai technician. Any insight would be highly appreciated.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:01   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
I have been getting loud grinding noise while braking on rough surfaces on my Creta. Feels like small stones have entered between the brake while pressing the paddle. Takes away the confidence while braking.... Is it because of the ABS! This is not always there & I couldn't demonstrate this to the Hyundai technician. Any insight would be highly appreciated.
This is ABS working. Even I experienced the same on some gravel roads even at very slow speed. On reading up on the net, found it is normal and ABS is at work.

Quote:
What Will I Feel When the ABS Engages?

As a driver, you will feel the brake pedal pumping and a "grinding" mechanical noise as the ABS pump and the valve assembly operates to meter the braking pressure to the affected wheel(s). A screeching noise may be heard from the tires as they skid for very short periods. No warning lights will illuminate during normal ABS operation.

http://repairpal.com/understanding-your-abs-system
Shakensoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 16:10   #431
BHPian

Does the Creta AT really does not have HHC ? Find it strange that the Scorp gets it and the Creta doesnt....
Old 7th October 2015, 16:54   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Does the Creta AT really does not have HHC ? Find it strange that the Scorp gets it and the Creta doesnt....
Hill start assist comes only in the SX(O) model. Only works for ascend and not descend.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:42   #433
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San_Khanna View Post
I used to feel the same on my Fluidic Verna. This used to happen when i would apply light brakes on a gravel road or an uneven one and then tried to break hard. The breaks simply did not work as they are supposed to, very scary at times. The Hyundai technician i spoke to also said it was ABS at work but was unable to explain why the breaks sort of stalled in this situation. Never felt this in my Dad's Skoda or other cars with ABS i have driven.
Old 9th October 2015, 11:05   #434
BHPian

Here is a brief of the sales nos for the month of September 2015.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-sep-2015-car-sales.jpg
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-397892.aspx

Hyundai broke their own record of maximum sales in a month. They went up by almost 5% from 40505 to 42505 compared to August 2015. But ironically the increase is exact 2000 units which seems like a rounded number. Nevertheless, the strong demand for Creta helped Hyundai to reach milestones never achieved by them before. Even after introduction of TUV and Figo the sales of Creta and i20 seem to be unaffected (although the individual model wise sales nos are not presented, I presume other models in Hyundai stable will be impacted due to these new competition). Having said that TUV is not really in the same segment as Creta to split any sales.

Mahindra have taken over the 3rd spot from Honda with a huge jump from 12454 units in August 2015 to 19564 units in Sep 2015. However, they still couldn't make upto the Sep 2014 nos. Honda on the other hand show a 23% increase y-o-y sales but compared to last month they are down by 640 units. Ford managed to keep consistent sales (only a drop of 57) compared to last month.

Overall, the new model entries (S-Cross, Figo, Creta, Jazz, TUV, etc) into the market have larger reaped the benefits for the manufacturers and those who have been dwelling on their old and trusted machines are losing the ground.

Kudos to Hyundai and Ford...!!!

All comparisons for August 2015 sales is from TBHPian Aditya's post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html

Here is a list of top 10 car models sold in Sep 2015:
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-top10sellingcarsinseptember2015.jpg
Source: http://gaadiwaadi.com/top-10-selling...ysis-571403/7/

Last edited by thatsdileep : 9th October 2015 at 11:24.
thatsdileep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 11:36   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post

Here is a brief of the sales nos for the month of September 2015.

Here is a list of top 10 car models sold in Sep 2015:
Attachment 1424917
I swear thatsdileep I really had a feeling of this from couple of weeks now.

Call it what you want, but I have started noticing more number of Creta on road of late than both Duster & Ecosport put together !! Ironically, the Ecosport I see often are from the likes of Zoom car.

In fact, just today morning, en route to work, I saw 3 Creta's of various shades at the same junction near Forum mall

P.S - A complete OT, but strangely I see more number of I20 Active of late on our roads vis-a-vis the I20 Elite as well.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 9th October 2015 at 11:37.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed