Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 21:30   #886
j76
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Do any of you know how to get the album art displayed on the touch screen AVN when playing music from a USB ?
Old 25th April 2016, 06:47   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Do any of you know how to get the album art displayed on the touch screen AVN when playing music from a USB ?
AFAIK, the album art will be shown as a thumbnail next to the title. A full screen is not available. If the album art is already present, it will be shown by default. Else, you will need to add the album art.

To add an album art, use "MP3TAG". Browse the album folder, and you will see "add album cover" option. Add to each song and save. The album art will be displayed when you play.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 07:46   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
AFAIK, the album art will be shown as a thumbnail next to the title. A full screen is not available. If the album art is already present, it will be shown by default. Else, you will need to add the album art.

To add an album art, use "MP3TAG". Browse the album folder, and you will see "add album cover" option. Add to each song and save. The album art will be displayed when you play.
There is also the coverflow style interface that comes an icon of transparent overlapping squares at the left bottom corner of the screen once the avn has read all of the album arts.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:25   #889
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has officially launched the Creta petrol AT today, in a single SX+ variant, priced at Rs.12.86 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta.jpg

It has also announced that dual airbags will now be offered as standard across the Creta range.

The Creta petrol SX+ AT gains child seat anchors, 17” diamond-cut alloys, and a leather wrap on the steering wheel, in addition to a 6-speed AT box over the Creta petrol SX+ manual. The 1.6L powertrain produces 123 PS of power & 154 Nm of torque.

Quote:
Announcing the launch of the automatic variants, Rakesh Srivastava, Sr VP – Sales & Marketing, HMIL, said,
“Hyundai Motor India has witnessed tremendous success with the CRETA- The Perfect SUV. Introducing the new variant of automatic transmission in Creta showcases Hyundai’s commitment to providing products based on customers wants and building the relationship as a customer centric company towards ensuring customers delight. With safety as our priority we have also introduced Dual Airbags as standard across all Creta variants. The new Automatic variants and enhanced safety features will be instrumental in achieving our aim to be the most preferred car manufacturer in India.”
Prices, ex-showroom Delhi:

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-untitled.jpg

ET

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th April 2016 at 14:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 14:28   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
(2) The wheel balancing reading in one of the wheel that I checked (I wasn't around for the other wheels as I had gone with another SA for changing the spare) showed 0 (zero) on the left side and number 15 on the right side. I thought that after the balances are placed, both the readings should be zero. Upon asking the guy, he said for Creta 15 reading on the right side is fine. He claimed that zero on both sides in not necessary and may not even be possible.

(3) The guy doing the wheel balancing and alignment wasn't pleased that I was overlooking his work. After pulling out the vehicle from the wheel alignment area, he tweaked some bolt when I wasn't around. I suspected that he may have played around with the settings after I had monitored the computer settings. My fears were found true when drove the car after service. I wasn't satisfied with the wheel alignment so went back. One of the SA took a ride and agreed that the car was pulling on the right side.
Get wheel balancing and alignment done outside at a good tyre center. The quality of work is better and the cost is usually less. Wheel alignment and balancing at authorised dealers is generally to fleece customers.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 16:01   #891

I want to upgrade the headlamps to HID and add two 8" fogs.

Any good centers that i can get these done and generally what is the cost for a good set of quality ones (HID & Fogs).
Seen BNM mention about one earlier & I live in Nagarbhavi.
Old 26th April 2016, 16:38   #892

Completed 2 months with the Creta SX(O) with 6400 kms on her odo and would like to share my views on this beautiful beast.

The first service at 1100 kms was only a car wash and few basic checks. And then had a two week long drive without any hitches from Pune to Agra via Ahmedabad, Udaipur, Jaipur, Delhi and Mathura. The 4000 kms drive was effortless and comfortable. (Only one incident of cops troubling for the yellow sticker on the right side head light in Gujrat, So anybody driving through Gujrat kindly ensure the yellow tape on the head light to avoid unnecessary delays and arguments)

My observations so far
The Positive points:
+ve > The vehicle was indeed pampering and luxurious in terms of seating comfort
+ve > The armrest needs a special mention for it is ergonomically placed and very comfortable
+ve > The engine noise is decent added the cabin insulation perfectly filtering the rubber and wind noise.
+ve > The mileage of around 15 kms / ltr was also close to my expectation and may improve after the second service and oil change

The negative points:
-ve > The brakes simply lacks the bite and takes too long to stop and I couldn’t really simulate an emergency braking even after putting in my full force. I second the opinion of @ airguitar & @ nkghai. I have already missed few accidents when trailing behind other cars who slowed down to avoid a speed breaker or a pothole, Thanks to the excellent steering which helped me to maneuver safely. For a SUV close to 1.3 tons, probably it calls for a disc brake at the rear or a bigger drum or a bigger brake shoe with higher contact surface.
-ve > The Aircon vents are not ergonomic and am still having trouble to adjust the correct direction, could be due to the seating adjustment I have set, even though the aircon works effectively.
-ve > There is some kind of thud noise, cyclic but not with the same frequency, from the rear of the car may be from the axle or suspension only in the morning for the first few 100 meters, After few hundred meters it is normal without the noise.
-ve > I did miss the cruise control for the long trip, it would have been a nice feature to have.

Customer Care feedback
I got a call from Hyundai customer care about the service and also my experience with the new car. I shared few of my +ve and –ve experience (brakes and aircon) and to my surprise I received a call in 2 days requesting time to check the vehicle by Hyundai engineers.

The next day 2 R&D engineers from Hyundai Chennai did a test drive and mentioned that they feel it is normal and the brakes should not be compared with cars and the settings have been done as best in class after lot of benchmarking.

I somehow failed to start the discussion with the noise from rear of the car and could not simulate in their presence.
For now I have reduced my speed and increased the distance from the vehicle ahead. In the second service I will have the brakes cleaned and checked for brake lining wear pattern (full contact of the lining or not) and give my feedback to the Hyundai Engineers.
karan72510 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 16:42   #893
AYP
Senior - BHPian

What about the S+ diesel AT? I can still see it as an option under the specification sub-menu on Hyundai's site and also in the brochure.
A mistake perhaps? But I wonder why it has not been sorted out yet.
This was also discussed here-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3944682

Last edited by AYP : 26th April 2016 at 16:44.
Old 27th April 2016, 00:09   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
What about the S+ diesel AT? I can still see it as an option under the specification sub-menu on Hyundai's site and also in the brochure.
It has been launched too, yes. But the price & availability of this particular variant hasn't been officially announced yet.

From what is known, it will have all features present in the 1.4L CRDi S+ manual variant, and the only change will be a 1.6L CRDi mill under the hood mated to a 6-speed AT transmission.

Link to my post

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th April 2016 at 00:18.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 00:33   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

(2) The wheel balancing reading in one of the wheel that I checked (I wasn't around for the other wheels as I had gone with another SA for changing the spare) showed 0 (zero) on the left side and number 15 on the right side. I thought that after the balances are placed, both the readings should be zero. Upon asking the guy, he said for Creta 15 reading on the right side is fine. He claimed that zero on both sides in not necessary and may not even be possible.
Extreme high dosage of nonsense this. For no car 15 gram of wheel balancing being out is all right and specially not for a car which can do 150 plus in a breeze.

This is how balancing should be ideally done.

1) Input the correct measurements in the balancing machine and set the machine for dynamic balancing (weights on both sides)

2) Don't remove old weights, rotate once and check, if the machine shows 0, do another run on the same wheel and recheck, if it again shows 0, you are good to go, if it does not show 0, remove all the old weights, rotate the wheel again, add weights on both sides as shown on the machine, rotate and check again if its a 0, if not, it should show weights to be added only at the places you have already added weights before and not a brand new 3rd location, if it does, something is wrong with the machine and it's out of calibration.

3) 15 grams of weights being out is a LOT and will show its ugly face after 120 for sure. Go back and ask them to rebalance until it shows 0 on both sides. The mechanic did not do anything for the 15 grams I guess because he would have to remote all the old weights, again do a run, add weights again, recheck again. Laziness accompanied by incompetence. Get them to make both sides as 0.

4) I don't agree that you find good balancing shops anywhere, its like finding a needle in a haystack. I still haven't found a balancing guy in Mumbai who does a perfect job and by perfect job I mean, his balancing machine is calibrated perfectly, which is the main thing for me as rest of the balancing I can stand on his head and make him do the right way. Ravi Automobiles, an Authorised Maruti Service in Ghatkopar is where I got it done the last time as I know everyone there and they assured me that their balancing machine is calibrated every 3 months and is perfect and true to their word, it was.

5) A perfect balance is when a cars steering feel remains same from say 80 to whatever top speed the car can achieve. An inbalanced wheel will start making the steering light after 120-140 and you will feel so uncomfortable that you will back off the throttle yourself.

Hope this helps
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:16   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Extreme high dosage of nonsense this. For no car 15 gram of wheel balancing being out is all right and specially not for a car which can do 150 plus in a breeze....

Hope this helps
This sure helps. Thanks for taking the time to document the detailed process. I will visit them once again.

Another thing I had noticed is that the guy did front two wheel alignment only. I got hold of the printout of the readings. When I saw that the rear two wheels reading were slightly outside the range specified, I asked him about it. I don't remember his exact response - either he said that it was not necessary or he had said that it cannot be done for a FWD car.

When I visit them again, should I insist on getting all 4 wheels aligned? Thanks again.
Old 27th April 2016, 19:52   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This sure helps. Thanks for taking the time to document the detailed process. I will visit them once again.

Another thing I had noticed is that the guy did front two wheel alignment only. I got hold of the printout of the readings. When I saw that the rear two wheels reading were slightly outside the range specified, I asked him about it. I don't remember his exact response - either he said that it was not necessary or he had said that it cannot be done for a FWD car.

When I visit them again, should I insist on getting all 4 wheels aligned? Thanks again.
You are welcome. As far as I know the rear suspension of the Creta is a torsion beam and hence you cannot do any alignment to it.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 14:04   #898
BHPian

I have Creta CRDi (SX) from past 2 months now, with 1st service completed. Normally i avoid heavy bumper to bumper traffic, but last i was struck in heavy traffic for 30 mins.
After driving for 30 mins (with AC), with some use of half clutch, i could smell burnt smell from engine. Immediately i went to service station wherein technician checked and said it is normal in summer+diesel engine+ traffic.
I am not completely convinced with this answer. I am coming from Swift Petrol, never got any smell after driving 80k km.
Kindly help.
Old 30th April 2016, 19:37   #899
Senior - BHPian

Hi all

Have had the Creta SX 1.6 CRDi for about 2 weeks now. Great vehicle as had experienced on the launch day invite - so no complaints as for as the drive & comfort go.

BUT.... having driven it for a few days now, a few glaring deficiencies come to light.

#1 The switches for ORVM & windows control are not illuminated - hence tough to access at night. Afterall the car has pretty much everything sorted why this very small but useful detail was left out is not understandable.

#2 Suspension setup is "soft" - great on smooth roads but bouncy & weird on bad roads. A firmer setup may have been better.

#3 Aircon vents could have been better designed for controlling direction of airflow. (as pointed above)

#4 Brakes bite well (I am running Yokohama SUV - 235/60/R16) the tyres have made a lot of difference. But rear discs would have been in order, specially at the 14L price point.

These are a few observations which I feel could have been addressed easily by Hyundai

Cheers
Old 30th April 2016, 23:46   #900
BHPian

Hi all, need some advice here.

Parents are based in Noida and are looking to buy the Creta SX+ petrol variant. Anybody knows which dealers we can prefer around east delhi area? Also any info on current offers or schemes will be highly helpful.

Thanks!

Most Viewed