Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 11:56   #1051
BHPian

Re: Clutch Failure in 14000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
The only merit i see in the service advisor's claim is that it is occurring with the Verna also. And the other aspect I fail to understand is if it is an issue of a design of the clutch or its matching with the Diesel power train, then it should be widespread.
The service advisor's point is that if the 1.6 is driven in half clutch for quite some time on a daily basis, there is no surprise that the clutch failure in 14K KMs. Also he said it can be driven for another 5 to 10K KMS before replacing the clutch.
Quote:
So then it would be an impending calamity for all Diesel cretas touching 15K?
I have the exact question and wanted to see any other creta/verna owners have faced the issue of clutch of failure within 20K KMS.

Also, am not sure if some changes required on my style of driving in heavy traffic conditions or if there is any possible adjustment to the clutch wire or something to have this issue fixed.
Old 26th June 2016, 15:19   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
My bad. It is shuddering issue. It is shuddering when half the way of disengaging the clutch. Always at the crawling speed. It is alright after completely releasing the clutch.
Please do take a second opinion from another Hyundai dealer - do NOT disclose anything from your previous discussions.

Then, please also visit a reputed FNG and get this checked. I have a hunch this could be rectified by a clutch bleeding. I used to have a shuddering effect while releasing the clutch after engaging the first gear. It was resolved by clutch bleeding.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 23:29   #1053
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Certainly Not!!!

Replacement of clutch hugely depends on the driving habits of the user(s) in various traffic conditions.

The All New Fiesta was said to have a perennial clutch issue, where the clutch has to be replaced every 50K kms. But i drove the All New Fiesta for over 116,000 kms without any issue (including a fair bit of mountain driving) and sold it last week with the clutch still working very well.

I don't think we can generalise that all Diesel Cretas would experience clutch issues by the time they are 15K kms old!!

At least, I certainly hope so, as i will be taking the delivery of my Creta SX (O) on Tuesday/Wednesday.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 11:40   #1054
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My bad. It is shuddering issue. It is shuddering when half the way of disengaging the clutch. Always at the crawling speed. It is alright after completely releasing the clutch.
It has a hydrolic clutch system right? Have they tried bleeding the system and check if it helps? The swift diesel also had this nasty issue, generally solved with a line bleeding. Maybe worth a try.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 15:08   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Certainly Not!!!
Replacement of clutch hugely depends on the driving habits of the user(s) in various traffic conditions.

I don't think we can generalise that all Diesel Cretas would experience clutch issues by the time they are 15K kms old!!

At least, I certainly hope so, as i will be taking the delivery of my Creta SX (O) on Tuesday/Wednesday.
Congrats on your new car.
I too hope it is a one-off issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It has a hydrolic clutch system right? Have they tried bleeding the system and check if it helps? The swift diesel also had this nasty issue, generally solved with a line bleeding. Maybe worth a try.
I just received a call from Advaith Service advisor and he told me that they have received an email from Hyundai to inspect the car in detail and to provide the details. I have filed a complaint with Hyundai customer care. The email is flowing from there.

I will keep this thread updated with the progress.
kmsithan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 17:48   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
To my surprise, I could find at least another two Creta owners reporting the same and more serious issue in clutch

Link for the posts that I found in just 5 minute google search:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...-driven-4.html

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/hyu...onths-c1298371
Old 27th June 2016, 17:53   #1057
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

I got the delivery of my Creta yesterday. It is a Petrol base end.

Under the bonnet, it is not very pretty; the Petrol Engine does not have a 1.6 VTVT embossed cover. It does have the cover support pins. The diesel has a pretty Engine cover though. Why did they miss that? Cost cutting?
Old 28th June 2016, 00:17   #1058
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Under the bonnet, it is not very pretty; the Petrol Engine does not have a 1.6 VTVT embossed cover. It does have the cover support pins. The diesel has a pretty Engine cover though. Why did they miss that? Cost cutting?
Congrats on the purchase of your New Creta. Wish you a safe and enjoyable million miles with your Creta. Which colour did you go in for? Do post some pictures and since you have bought the base Petrol, have you planned any modifications for your drive?

The cover put on the oil burner help in insulating the diesel clatter (sound dampening). As a petrol engine is already refined, such a cover is not really required, unless it is for aesthetic purposes.

Enjoy your car, as you would anyway be driving the car with the hood firmly closed.

Update on my booking
- My Creta is trucked out of Factory on Friday late night
- Arrives at Hyundai Motor Plaza on Saturday early morning
- Did the PDI on Saturday morning after which i had given an okay to invoice it
- Car was manufactured on 11th June 2016
- Insurance policy will be received tomorrow morning. Zero Dep @ 41K from Bharati AXA.
- Special Number will be choosen tomorrow
- Delivery on Wednesday

Last edited by MAS : 28th June 2016 at 00:23.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 08:54   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your ride. Do post the pictures and hope you will come up with an ownership report. As for the engine cover, there may be several reasons.

1) Petrol engines are refined so they avoided
or
2) Cost cutting

My ecosport diesel too didnt also have the engine cover. It was available as an accessory for around 4k-5k afaik. A definite cost cutting there. So it can be either of the two.
Old 29th June 2016, 23:01   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

Update on my booking
- My Creta is trucked out of Factory on Friday late night
- Arrives at Hyundai Motor Plaza on Saturday early morning
- Did the PDI on Saturday morning after which i had given an okay to invoice it
- Car was manufactured on 11th June 2016
- Insurance policy will be received tomorrow morning. Zero Dep @ 41K from Bharati AXA.
- Special Number will be choosen tomorrow
- Delivery on Wednesday
Congratulations on your ride, you must have taken delivery by now
Wish you many happy miles on the car :-)

Do post an ownership review soon
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 00:49   #1061
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the Hyundai Motor Plaza showroom at 9 am today to give the photos, address proof and signing the Form 20/authorisation letter etc for the registration. I had requested for special number.

At about 1 pm, the RTO guys called and my first choice of the number was available. Confirmation received at 2 pm. Hyundai's driver called me and confirmed that the registration process was completed

Called up my SA, Vijayan and he asked me to come at 4.30 pm. Reached the showroom at 4.30 pm to find my car shining and ready for delivery. I had to sign a few papers followed by handing over ceremony.As Hyundai Motor Plaza is under renovation, the handing over ceremony was simple.

Checked the car and requested the guys there to clean it better. Took some snaps; Number plate was ready and fixed. The SA explained to me the various papers in the file. Wanted to check if the spare tyre was also an alloy, but Hyundai have silently changed it to 17 inch steel wheels. This came as a shock to me, but my SA explained that the change happened 2 months back.

5 Litres of Diesel was added by the showroom guys, but the low fuel warning light was still burning. Hyundai Motor Plaza took pictures of the Key handing over ceremony and presented the picture in a table clock photo frame and a box of sweets. Nice touch Hyundai!!

Presented a small gift to the SA and I was ready to go. Took delivery of the Creta by 5.30 pm. It had started to rain and I was bang in theAsar middle of the evening traffic. Within few minutes I got accustomed to the new machine and had no issues whatsoever to drive in the bumper to bumper traffic.

Went to the mosque, offered my "Asar" prayers and went to Shell. The car took up 59.35 litres of Diesel. This was surprising to me as the car had a little fuel inside the tank (Registration office is 16 kms away); 5 Litres of Diesel were added to the car at the showroom. I had driven roughly about 20 kms before refueling. Hyundai need to review the 55 litre fuel tank capacity. It definitely adds to up to a much higher figure.

When compared to the All New Fiesta, the Creta...
+ is more Agile
+ has a rev friendly motor
+ has much better visibility
+ has better interiors/quality of various components are definitely much better
+ has better seats (but softer. Need to check it's comfort in long drives)

- is a bit bouncy on bad roads at low speed
- dies not feel as solid as the Ford
- cannot sprint over small speed breakers. Such small speed breakers unsettle the Creta.
- has a louder growl when compared to the Ford
- is not a "point-and-shoot" car, but is not as bad as the Fluidic Verna.

I have Driven the car for 50 kms this evening. I will post my ownership report soon.

Since I'm typing from my mobile, I'm unable to reduce the size of the pictures and will post the pictures tomorrow.
MAS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:03   #1062
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Adding pics taken during delivery yesterday.

All shining & ready for duty

Love the Front look
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_162437optimized.jpg

Definitely not a Hatch on Stilts
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_163052optimized.jpg

Clean and purposeful Design
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_163103optimized.jpg

17 Inch Diamond Cut alloys looks better than the 16 inch normal alloys
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_163331optimized.jpg

Clean rear with distinct cuts and curves
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_163522optimized.jpg

Shock of my life.
Spare is 17 Inch Steel Wheels. Why Hyundai, Why?
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20160629_165642optimized.jpg

But. the good thing is that the spare has the same tyre as the ones on the alloys and not a 16 inch Steel wheel with a smaller profile tire. The Fiesta came with a 14 inch steel spare wheel with a smaller profile making the drive even more miserable after a flat tyre.

Last edited by MAS : 30th June 2016 at 11:04.
MAS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 11:52   #1063

I took delivery of the Creta SX(O) almost 4 and 1/2 months i.e. in Mid of Feb 2016 and the spare wheel is the 17" Steel.
So if the SA says it is since last 2 months then something fishy.
karan72510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 12:38   #1064
BANNED

Quote:
My Creta 1.6 SX Diesel that has run 14000 Kms has shuddering issue since last two days when engaging first gear.
Visited Advaith Hyundai, BG Road, Bangalore today and the service engineer Suresh mentioned that it is a failure in clutch system and following to be replaced.
  • Clutch Plate
  • Pressure Plate
  • Release Bearing
  • Master Cylinder
  • Sleeve Cylinder
  • Fly wheel
Master and Sleeve cylinder might not be required based on its damage.

Also he goes ahead and said it is a common issue in verna and if you drive a lot in the city with heavy traffic it is prone to happen often.

I was shocked to hear that the clutch system can fail in just 14K KMs due to soft clutch. Earlier I had Swift petrol and the clutch had no issues up to 80K kilometers.
Contacted Hyundai and they say it is not covered in warranty as it is a wear and tear issue. Had a long argument with them and finally they agreed to raise a complaint 1-523533677. I am not even sure if it is a real complaint number or that customer support guy just gave some number to get rid of the call

I am looking for inputs on fixing this issue and to explore the possibility to get this done through warranty.

The issue is not severe for now. I could notice it clearly when the car is loaded with 2 or more people and more after it heated up.

As per service engineer it would cost upwards of 25 K for the replacement of mentioned parts. That would also mean that I need to spend 25K for approximately every 20K kilometers as I will be driving in same heavy traffic of Bangalore city for my office commutation.
My friend's Creta (had shared the experience here) had the same exact trouble. Except we did not actually notice the shuddering and the clutch actually failed while driving. Hyundai did not honor warranty and my friend paid the whole 20k for the repairs.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 13:26   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Superb Review ! Loved the pic showing the clip for visiting cards in the glove box - you guys have gone through the car with a microscope.

There is one other irritant that I thought you would have noticed apart from the "Agree" screen. All other Hyundai cars have Folder Up and Down buttons integrated into the HU which help you switch between between folders on an USB especially if you have a lot of them. In this HU it is very tedious - you have to select Media - Options - Folder which brings to the screen with all songs in current folder. You may have to scroll all the way up and Press on the Root to the display the folders in the USB. Again you have scroll, choose folder and then a song to start playing. Too much work/distraction if you are alone !
Hey, I have a query exactly on this. Is there no other way to toggle between folders (not albums)?

Changing a folder is a tedious task in the Options>Folder>Root>Folder List and is extremely distracting while driving

Last edited by amit_2025 : 1st July 2016 at 13:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks