Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 15:30   #1156
BANNED

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Took a Testdrive on 1.6 Diesel today. The T.D vehicle had some issues with the clutch. it was too heavy. my left leg was paining after some time during the drive. I liked it overall other than the obvious 'pricing' thing. I had booked Brezza ZDi+ on June last week. Now thinking if i should get Creta or Brezza.
Old 1st August 2016, 16:21   #1157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Autocar India pips the Hyundai Creta against the Honda BR-V, the Maruti-Suzuki S-Cross and the Renault Duster. Guess who wins?
I would say that "Guess who wins?" in this instance would take pride of place in a no-brainer contest.

Any 'urban-SUV' comparo (not the genuine articles, mind you) that includes only one make offering an AWD alternative (the Duster) and decides to

place it among the also-rans, is asking for the dismissive shrug that is called for. But then, over the years, that is about what one has come to expect

from AI.
Old 1st August 2016, 20:24   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Took a Testdrive on 1.6 Diesel today. The T.D vehicle had some issues with the clutch. it was too heavy. my left leg was paining after some time during the drive. I liked it overall other than the obvious 'pricing' thing. I had booked Brezza ZDi+ on June last week. Now thinking if i should get Creta or Brezza.
I too took TD of the Brezza and felt it good but then Test Drove Creta 1.6 Diesel and loved it. My suggestion is check for another Test Drive vehicle and feel the difference.
I was smiling from ear to ear after driving the Creta 1.6 Diesel.
Hope to get one soon.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 20:32   #1159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I too took TD of the Brezza and felt it good but then Test Drove Creta 1.6 Diesel and loved it. My suggestion is check for another Test Drive vehicle and feel the difference.
I was smiling from ear to ear after driving the Creta 1.6 Diesel.
Hope to get one soon.
Im presently using swift diesel. So i didn't feel much difference on brezza to be honest other than the higher seating position. Moreover brezza has obviously less space inside. Have read some reviews on base version by our fellow bhpians and they were not disappointed. Have to do some math again.
Old 1st August 2016, 21:05   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post

10. Boot space is good. Spare is not an alloy. No trunk mat was provided. Considering getting this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/speci...697151350.html

Not sure if there's a difference between Chinese ix25 and Indian Creta.

I bought this for my car, and its a perfect fit.

http://www.amazon.in/KMH-Cargo-Boot-...ilpage_o06_s00

It says product not available now. Perhaps you could try looking after a few days
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:30   #1161
BHPian

Hi all,

1. Is a tyre upgrade required for the stock Diesel AT tyres? 215/60/17 is the stock size.

2. A friend of mine who owns a big tyre shop, says the bridge stone that comes stock is good and not required to upgrade as it's an SUV tyre and all available upsize tyres are sedan tyres, so will wear out much faster on the Creta.

Please suggest as I have to decide today.

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:53   #1162
BHPian

IMHO no upgrade is needed. The stock tyres are quite good and it looks good as well
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:32   #1163
BHPian

Hey all!

I was in a dilemma to go for the Petrol or Diesel AT, as our running for this car wouldn't be more than 7-800 kms per month.

I was not able to get a test drive of the Petrol AT as none of the dealers had it, and i didn't want to buy one without actually driving it, even if it's just for a kilometer.

Somehow got a testdrive, and i was dissapointed with the petrol AT. the pickup was bad, initial pickup is good, but if you want to overtake, the moment you press the pedal down, its like the engine is revving up, but the car isn't going ahead any faster, and that lag killed the experience. it was bad for me for even regular traffic drivability.

It would suit best for sedate driving, for those who are not bothered about this pickup thing, and are happy with something decent.

Then i test drove my friend's diesel AT, immediately after this, and the moment i floor down, there comes a big smile on my face! its super silent for a diesel, much silent than my Elantra, and also the pickup is much more peppy than the Elantra.

Sold on it! Got a friend who is a dealer, booked yesterday, and today will be taking the delivery!
Insane Devil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 16:59   #1164
Team-BHP Support

Wow. That's quick booking and delivery process. I was going to write in fact that the diesel will likely be much nicer to drive compared to petrol AT and read on gladly to see it's the diesel you picked. Good luck with the ownership experience
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 09:35   #1165
BHPian

Hey Axe, well as they say, a friend in need is a friend indeed! So he really helped me out.

The diesel sure is very good and on the way back home after taking delivery, I do feel it is very silent with minimal vibrations.

He gave me choice of 2 white Cretas to choose from and I went for the one with Bridgestone tyres.

The Navigation is hopelessly crap once you are used to Google Maps. I am never going to use it so I am looking for options to get Google maps integrated by changing the headset maybe.

One info I want to share with all would be the insurance cost.
My friend got me the most reasonable insurance @ RS.37,xxx/- for 95% idv value with zero-dep.

So with this, it coated me 17.36 lk on-road for the Diesel SX+ AT.
All other showrooms in Hyd are quoting 17.55lk on road.
(Without 4th year extended warranty on both prices above)

Got the mud flaps from the showroom for RS.460/-.

Other showrooms are all forcing to take insurance from them @ around 50k odd.

Anyone knows how we could activate door auto lock? This is a crucial feature like an airbag. Very bad that they missed this out.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 4th August 2016 at 09:53.
Insane Devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:30   #1166
BHPian

I actually like the Navigation unit for the following features

- Remembers the last 5 locations. Extremely useful when you stay at a hotel/another places in another city and then travel to places using that as base

- Even when navigation is not on, warns about sharp curves. Fantastic feature when during night time travel on unknown roads

- Automatic split window when you approach a ramp/flyover, clearly guiding you which one to take

- Ability to specify co-ordinates into the map and navigate to that. These days what I do is, obtain the co-ordinates from google maps and feed them into the unit. This way I avoid the crappy search function completely
chandras1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 17:28   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

New monthly sales record for the Creta in July 2016.

Domestic = 7,981 units
Exported = 5,448 units

Total Sold = 13,429 units

YOY Growth = 50.51%

NDTV Auto

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2016 at 17:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 10:07   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
New monthly sales record for the Creta in July 2016.
What do fellow readers think is the reason behind Creta's success? I bought one a few days ago so my opinion c(w)ould be biased. The vehicle is clearly overpriced by 2'ish lacs. There's healthy competition - XUV, Scorpio, Duster, Terrano etc. However, other than Creta, no other vehicle has been able to sustain the sales numbers a year after the launch.

Hyundai and A.S.S. peace of mind?
Good product?
Engine / performance?
Features (doubtful since Hyundai really skimped with Creta)?
Looks?
Dealer network?
Price (doubtful)?
Lack of competition?
Old 5th August 2016, 11:22   #1169
BHPian

[quote=t2k4;4029091]What do fellow readers think is the reason behind Creta's success? QUOTE]
Very good question, from a person who does not yet own one and looking to.
I would say at first is the Product/Performance. Once you test drive it (1.6SX(O) you just know you need to own it.
Looks, followed by the size. It is bigger than the EcoSport and slightly less than the Duster.
If you go by Goldilocks and the 3 bears, one is too small, one is too big and this is just right
The Brezza may not be an exact match and is more in line with the EcoSport but the crazy waiting periods may push few to upgrade(price wise) to the Creta/
The Features and Price would be the last. My current ride is a I20 ASTA CRDI which is loaded to the top with features. However this was done over a period of time and not when the product was launched. So if one can wait for the refresh/facelift various features will be added.
The same can be said now for the SX+AMT, it is coming with 17" and the leather wrap steering wheel.

My 2 cents.
Lets see what the other readers have to say.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 11:47   #1170
BHPian

As a Creta owner myself, I feel the car offers a very good overall package.

1. The car itself is good looking and atleast looks like an SUV in size.
2. The interiors are well-appointed, and it feels premium.
3. Good variety of engine options, the petrol is amazing easy to drive.
4. Sure some features are missing like auto-door-lock and illuminated buttons, but the ICE/Nav etc make up for it well.
5. Being a Hyundai the reliability factor is huge, and one can easily locate a service center even in non-metro locations.
6. Literally no need for any after-market modifications, one can live with the pure-stock version itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks