Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 14:41   #1231
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Back from 1500 kms over the 15th Aug weekend in Kerela.

Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Salem- Dindigul - Theni - Kumily - Kuttikkanam - Mundakkayam - Kanjirappally - Ponkunnam - Kottayam

Did some rough terrain in Peermade (near Thekkady) inside a tea estate. Car handled it well although there was one occasion of wheels losing grip and rolling while climbing a steep. Possibly because I had very low momentum going into it and there wasn't much grip for the tires to gain speed after that. But sailed though anyway.

Had a pretty bad experience on the way back. Pulled down the the highway at 40 kmph something for a quick stopover and braked. Man...there was just no response from the brakes as the clanking sound of the ABS kicked in. Car did not slow at all. And the road was not all that chippy or broken or pebble-strewn where I would have expected wheels to lock and ABS to get hyper-active! This went on I had to finally gear jam and pull hand brakes. Other motorists pulled over to check if all was ok ! Un-necessary drama all of this

Car was due for 2nd free service so spoke to the service chap at Trident KR Puram about this. He acknowledged ABS complaint has come from most Creta customers and Hyundai is likely to issue a re-call to fix this issue in the next one month. Anyone knows more about this?

Otherwise a good holiday overall. Stay details at: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4040748
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-p1016661optimized.jpg  

zing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 18:10   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

Had a pretty bad experience on the way back. Pulled down the the highway at 40 kmph something for a quick stopover and braked. Man...there was just no response from the brakes as the clanking sound of the ABS kicked in. Car did not slow at all. And the road was not all that chippy or broken or pebble-strewn where I would have expected wheels to lock and ABS to get hyper-active! This went on I had to finally gear jam and pull hand brakes. Other motorists pulled over to check if all was ok ! Un-necessary drama all of this

Car was due for 2nd free service so spoke to the service chap at Trident KR Puram about this. He acknowledged ABS complaint has come from most Creta customers and Hyundai is likely to issue a re-call to fix this issue in the next one month. Anyone knows more about this?
Zing,
Good to hear that all was fine in the end and you were able to control the car. I had the same experience with my petrol Creta 2 days back on a busy road. The car was running at 40 km/h and hit a pothole after which the ABS suddenly kicked in and resulted in terrible loss of braking power. Like you mentioned, I don't understand why ABS kicked in here as the surface was good except for the pothole. I was almost about to hit the car in front but managed to control the situation by steering in other direction. Lucky that no motorist was on the side at that point. The incident was pretty scary and I am planning to get the car checked this weekend from Hyundai A.S.S. In case Hyundai is planning to issue a re-call, they should do it asap as I would not like to get in a similar situation again.

On a related note, are you running on stock tyres? I am just wondering if tire upsize or modification could be the reason for this as I did upgrade to Michelin Primacy 215/60 R16 post delivery.
sid_deb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:05   #1233
BANNED

Abhi99, you Changed the interiors to Black. How did you get that done? was it painted black or with leather. Car looks smoking hot with those momo's and quite a audio set up you got there. Twetters on the A pillars looks hot. Stripped down the interiors completely to get it dampped including the flooring by removing the floor mats, Man, I would not dare that.
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:20   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Zing,
I am planning to get the car checked this weekend from Hyundai A.S.S.

are you running on stock tyres?
Do speak to ASS. I am not on twitter or I would have written to Hyundai there...will email them but not sure how prompt their response would be if this is not on social media and visible to a larger crowd.

I am on stock tyres...but this is nothing to do with these episodes at all. Its just a dodgy ABS
Old 23rd August 2016, 23:29   #1235
Distinguished - BHPian

The petrol variants of the Creta have seen a real spurt in demand and, according to Hyundai India, petrol sales have risen to about 20 percent of all Creta sales. (link)

Also, Hyundai's Sriperumbudur plant at Chennai is already producing 13,000 Cretas per month (7,500 for the Indian market, rest for exports) but production is scheduled to be increased even further due to increase in demand for export markets, for which the Creta is now commanding a waiting period of six months.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 01:12   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Do the mirrors fold both ways? Towards the back as well as the front, in case our favourite bikers knock them as they overtake.

Thanks.
Yes, mirrors fold both ways in all variants I think, atleast it does in the S variant.

Diesel owners who have done the 2nd servicing with oil change, what brand of oil are the service centres using?

Last edited by Shakensoul : 24th August 2016 at 01:17.
Shakensoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 17:38   #1237
BHPian

Anyone bought this rear light that replaces the rear bumper reflector with LED light?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/331942400782?aff_source=Sok-Goog

It looks upmarket and I have seen many cars have this fitted on my daily commute to office. Does this come as OEM in the latest batch?
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 23:42   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post
Anyone bought this rear light that replaces the rear bumper reflector with LED light?

It looks upmarket and I have seen many cars have this fitted on my daily commute to office. Does this come as OEM in the latest batch?
I have opted for this from the dealer Trident, at double the cost due the "warranty not covered" clause if fitted outside. It is third party and not part of the latest batch. My SX+ AT Diesel was ordered around the 10 of Aug. Hopefully I get the delivery tomorrow, the car is here and i am waiting on the paperwork to finish.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 20:10   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Hey maybe the spark plugs were not checked because diesel vehicles like your Creta do not have spark plugs ! Maybe the mention in manual is for the Petrol Creta as both might be sharing the same owners manual.
Old 26th August 2016, 03:09   #1240
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hey maybe the spark plugs were not checked because diesel vehicles like your Creta do not have spark plugs ! Maybe the mention in manual is for the Petrol Creta as both might be sharing the same owners manual.
Nkghai's Creta is Petrol engined. Just check the Tachometer marked all the way till 8000 rpm.

Last edited by MAS : 26th August 2016 at 03:11.
Old 26th August 2016, 08:04   #1241
BHPian

Took Delivery of my StarDust SX+ Diesel AT yesterday. As it rained pretty bad in the evening, got a chance to drive through the crazy Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic.
Will start a thread over the weekend.
A big thanks to Avi, Naveen and Bnm ,their detail reviews helped alot and not to forget the official review aswell.
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 09:27   #1242
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride
I too booked petrol AT, delivery will be on or before 15th sep.
what about the insurance part, are you took from hyundai's or any other form out side?
the accessories you got
what about cargo net?
& what extra accessories you are planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Took Delivery of my StarDust SX+ Diesel AT yesterday. As it rained pretty bad in the evening, got a chance to drive through the crazy Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic.
Will start a thread over the weekend.
A big thanks to Avi, Naveen and Bnm ,their detail reviews helped alot and not to forget the official review aswell.

Last edited by subbarao : 26th August 2016 at 09:32. Reason: Question added
subbarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 14:31   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsithan View Post

I have these installed on my car (dint buy off ebay though). One of my close friends bought it to experiment in another car which dint materialize.

These look okay, get extra bright though. Only fear i have is that what if one of bulbs go off. Not too sure of the quality of these.
Old 26th August 2016, 15:01   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I have opted for this from the dealer Trident, at double the cost due the "warranty not covered" clause if fitted outside. It is third party and not part of the latest batch. My SX+ AT Diesel was ordered around the 10 of Aug. Hopefully I get the delivery tomorrow, the car is here and i am waiting on the paperwork to finish.
Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you a lot of miles & smiles
I am assuming warranty has no issue if we fit through Hyundai dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I have these installed on my car (dint buy off ebay though). One of my close friends bought it to experiment in another car which dint materialize.

These look okay, get extra bright though. Only fear i have is that what if one of bulbs go off. Not too sure of the quality of these.
You are right. IMO cant be sure on any mods other than OEM.
kmsithan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 18:27   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
the accessories you got
what about cargo net?
& what extra accessories you are planning.
Congrats to you too.
I got this via my company's car lease program so insurance is from them and not the dealer.
Yes the cargo net is there. It is packed as seen in attached pic.
The Accessories I got
1. Rear LED lamps -Rs 5K
2. HID Upgrade to Genome 5000K - Rs 11.5K
3. Surround Camera setup -Rs 15.5
4. 3M anti rust coating - Rs 4K
5. 3M Paint Protection coating -Rs 4.2K

this i what i got from the Dealer.

Future upgrade
1. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System from Aliexpress
2. Hardwire dashcam setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-net-01-pic-resize.jpg