Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2017, 14:54   #1501
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
You are spot on. Whenever we drive different cars back to back, especially cars from different segments, we have to make lot of adjustments. Here you are talking about a hatch/sedan vs a SUV.

I am sure if you drive an Alto/Eon after driving your Grand i10, you will feel that Alto brakes are more effective that your Grand's, just try it out and let us know your observations.
Exactly what I was trying to express. Every car is different and it takes a few kms to adjust; not only from hatchback to suv or sedan but between the same body type. For eg: I have driven a scropio and xuv briefly and it felt like the first 5cm of the pedal going down had no effect; in front of those cars it feels like my creta has very good brakes .

I have driven an alto k10 and no I don't think the brakes are that good, in fact they are very spongy...
Then again the grandi10 has a highly sensitive brake pedal.
Old 9th January 2017, 16:21   #1502
BHPian

I finally took the plunge and booked an SX(O) in polar white from Trident, Sadashivanagar. The Sales rep has promised me delivery for a Dec Manufactured car with free insurance by 16th Jan. OTR is 17.9 and I believe the prices are going to increase between 50k-1lk post budget. I can live with a Dec 16 manufactured car as I intend to keep the car for long at least 10 years. Just got a call today from the rep that a batch of 4 sx(o)'s have arrived from the factory and I could take a look at the beauties at the yard before finalising my car. I am planning to visit the yard tomorrow and I cant wait to get there

Last edited by silverblaze : 9th January 2017 at 16:48.
silverblaze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 18:38   #1503
BHPian

Would a K&N air filter make any measurable difference to the performance/ response of a family car like a Creta ?
If yes, does anyone know which model / shape / size to get for the car ?
Old 10th January 2017, 05:46   #1504
BHPian

I have been driving the creta diesel automatic for more than a year now with 20000 kms on the odo. After 10000 kms the engine idling noise has increased considerably. When I asked the service team at Hyundai they say it's normal for the diesel to sound this way. Is there any solution to reduce the sound ? Should I consider damping the bonnet ?
The noise keeps on increasing with every km added. If I m Chauffeur driven then it's better as the sound is not that audible in the rear seats. Only during driving without music it becomes very irritating.
Old 10th January 2017, 14:50   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchhabra View Post
Would a K&N air filter make any measurable difference to the performance/ response of a family car like a Creta ?
If yes, does anyone know which model / shape / size to get for the car ?
K&N recently came up with the standard replacement filter for Creta. I have been using it for over a month now and as expected there is not much of a difference in performance or response. Since i have some better faith on its filtration capabilities, I am still okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratiksinhal View Post
I have been driving the creta diesel automatic for more than a year now with 20000 kms on the odo. After 10000 kms the engine idling noise has increased considerably. When I asked the service team at Hyundai they say it's normal for the diesel to sound this way. Is there any solution to reduce the sound ? Should I consider damping the bonnet ?
The noise keeps on increasing with every km added. If I m Chauffeur driven then it's better as the sound is not that audible in the rear seats. Only during driving without music it becomes very irritating.
I have a 1.6 diesel manual and have clocked about 28k on odo so far. I too noticed the same problem, where in the engine noise seemed to have increased. Service center did not have a convincing explanation. I have some heavy insulation all around the cabin ( only part that has slightly less of it is behind dash). Not sure if the hood insulation would help much.

I was planning to use synthetic oil and some fuel additive with the upcoming service to see if that helps. In case you see any breakthrough please let know.
Abhi99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 17:12   #1506
BHPian

Sir if it is not an inconvenience could you provide a link to the product ? I could not find it on the k&n india website.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:12   #1507

My windshield developed a crack. Actually I even don't know when a stone hit my car, but there was clear mark on windshield. The crack was expending so I decided to get it replaced.
I got it replaced at Windshield Expert (Kailash Colony, New Delhi). Hyundai service station quoted around Rs. 8000 for this. Even if I go for insurance , still I have to pay Rs. 2000, as minimum file amount for car above 1500 cc.
Windshield expert customer care quoted Rs. 7000. With insurance, minimum amount quoted was same i.e. 2000.
I got a callback from Windshield Expert Kailash colony (I requested same from Windshield expert CC), they informed that if choose not to go for insurance, they can do it for Rs. 6000.
Eventually I decided to pay by cash i.e. Rs. 6000 and get it replaced in less then 2 hrs. They did good job.
jaglanR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 01:53   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
My windshield developed a crack. Actually I even don't know when a stone hit my car, but there was clear mark on windshield. The crack was expending so I decided to get it replaced.
I got it replaced at Windshield Expert (Kailash Colony, New Delhi). Hyundai service station quoted around Rs. 8000 for this. Even if I go for insurance , still I have to pay Rs. 2000, as minimum file amount for car above 1500 cc.
Windshield expert customer care quoted Rs. 7000. With insurance, minimum amount quoted was same i.e. 2000.
I got a callback from Windshield Expert Kailash colony (I requested same from Windshield expert CC), they informed that if choose not to go for insurance, they can do it for Rs. 6000.
Eventually I decided to pay by cash i.e. Rs. 6000 and get it replaced in less then 2 hrs. They did good job.
Hello jaglanR, I have a same problem. I can't remember when something hit my car, but one evening when I walked back to my car in my office parking (covered), I noticed this 7-9 inch long crack. It is from the bottom of the glass, L shaped and running upward. Over the last 2-3 months, it has lengthened quite a bit.

Windshield Experts quoted 7000 when I enquired 2 months back. Yesterday, I went to a Hyundai ASS, and they quoted 8000. I specifically asked them if they use a urethane sealant or a silicon sealant, but the body shop advisor didn't know. They say urethane is better and stronger a sealant than silicon. I understand Windshield Experts uses AIS glass and a urethane sealant. But what about the molding?

Can you please help by answering the following?

- What model of AIS glass was used? Was that exactly the same as the original glass?

- Did they use a urethane sealant? An caulking electric gun or a manual gun?

- What about the molding? Did you reuse the old one or does the AIS glass come with a new one?

- Any scratches/damage to painted surfaces during removal and refitting?

Thanks
Suresh R
Old 12th January 2017, 12:11   #1509
BHPian

My Petrol MT about to complete 1 year soon, was thinking about Pete's kit. Is it advisable?
Is it available in the market? Incase anyone is using, do you see any significant improvement?
Old 13th January 2017, 09:47   #1510

Hi Suresh,
Same case was with me, I checked after 2-3 days in parking, then there was a big crack.

For your question, they used same as original glass, I matched word-to-word writing on glass. They also provided company's guarantee card (AIS) and their contact number, I can also contact company directly in case of quality issue.
They did use Urethane, as it is mentioned in bill.
Regarding using electric/manual gun or using molding, I have no idea. I was not there during process and I did not ask them. Actually I didn't strike me to ask for these things .
It is a clean job with no scratches/paint damage. They pasted 3 tape in upper region providing extra support to glass and asked me to remove after 24hr, as I needed to drive back for about 20km. Now after almost a week, everything looks good.
Old 13th January 2017, 12:11   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I too noticed the same problem, where in the engine noise seemed to have increased.
Really strange, since Hyundai diesel engines as I understand from this forum are really refined. No such complaints from Verna diesels being reported. In fact it is always praises for Verna diesel engine refinement even when compared to Honda City diesel engines.
Old 14th January 2017, 20:55   #1512
BHPian

Windshield of my 2 month old Creta SX/auto/Diesel developed crack too. I saw a small pebble flying off (guess from a car/truck moving ahead of me). I was <40 kmph. About a minute after the stone hit, the windshield started developing a crack. The stone had hit almost at the top right corner of the glass where there was a dent from where the crack initiated. I replaced the windshield at the showroom/service center, now have to fix the sun film again!

It is quite normal for small stones to fall from typically trucks. I had stone hit on other cars in the past but never seen the glass crack. This is the 1st time. Probably they use a lower thickness/quality glass
Old 15th January 2017, 16:48   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Can fellow Creta owners confirm their map version? There's been an update that I had received sometime in March. I had asked their service guy to update it but I feel they just updated the HU software and not the map. Here's the version I have. Kindly let me know whether this is the stock version or the latest map update.

@Avinash - Think you updated when you got the message during the same time I had received mine. The service guys are completely clueless when it comes to HU.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20170115_163328.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 08:28   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can fellow Creta owners confirm their map version? There's been an update that I had received sometime in March. I had asked their service guy to update it but I feel they just updated the HU software and not the map. Here's the version I have. Kindly let me know whether this is the stock version or the latest map update.

Attachment 1595439
Even i have the same version.

Had gone for second service in Aug 2016 and had asked for the updation which was confirmed to me at the time of the delivery.
Had also witnessed the SA with a pen drive and car fully locked sitting inside doing the software update.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20170116_082100.jpg
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 11:23   #1515
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right forum. My Creta is completing 1 year next month and insurance is due.
Looks like everybody got my contact details somehow and i have already got ~30 calls. This is the first time i am owning Hyundai, was not the case with Maruti at least.
Did anybody face this? Any way i can escape from this harassment?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed