Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2017, 22:43   #1666
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

One of my friends had clutch issues with his Aug 2015 diesel Creta that had 35000 clicks on the odo during his return trip last week from Nagpur to Hyderabad. He found the engine revving with no increase in speed on the highway, and near Nirmal, the clutch was slipping. He stopped the vehicle and found that the gear lever was just moving, but the gears were not engaging. He called Hyundai RSA but they were not helpful at all.

He planned to go to Nirmal town and get it checked. He tried in first gear and the vehicle was barely moving. As Nirmal was 20 kms way, he was planning to go there in that pathetic manner in 1st gear. But suddenly the gears started working on their own, and he was able to drive to Hyderabad. Hyundai said the clutch needs replacement, and it was an air bubble in the hydraulic system that had caused the issue. They also said clutch was not covered under warranty.

He is still driving around with the same clutch, and is not going out of town. He wanted to check from forum members if it is correct that the clutch replacement is not covered under warranty.

Any inputs, guys?
Old 4th April 2017, 23:09   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Any inputs, guys?
Clutch plate/ wire is a wear and tear item and wouldn't be covered under warranty unless it has a manufacturing defect. Additionally, 35k is too early for a clutch to wear out. Ask RSA to find out the reason for clutch's wearing and then take a call.
Old 5th April 2017, 00:58   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Clutch plate and flywheel wear and tear will not be covered under warranty unless there is a evident manufacturing defect which is agreed to and documented in the Hyundai warranty system. Even if there is a chance of the same, ASC will potentially try and blame usage pattern and driver mishandling such as improper clutch usage etc.

Ask your friend to get pictures of all clutch components as soon as they are opened up just in case any such clear defect is visible. Unfortunately, odds are against him!
Old 5th April 2017, 01:13   #1669
BHPian

Anyone bought the magnetic sun shades online which is of good quality? There are several available online but none have good reviews.
Old 5th April 2017, 07:01   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Anyone bought the magnetic sun shades online which is of good quality? There are several available online but none have good reviews.
I checked them out too but stopped short because of poor reviews. I plan to go to lajpat Nagar market this weekend. Will update if I find good quality ones there.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:30   #1671
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 1.4 CRDI unit in Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Hi,
Any E/E+ CRDI owners here? How does the creta perform with this compared to the 1.6?
On paper, power and torque matches the 1.3 DDIS but Iam looking at the road performance in city and highway. My cruising speed is around 100 and I exceed it only to overtake. So not looking for scorching performance but shouldnt feel underpowered.
Bump..
Any 1.4 Creta users here? How do you find the power on the highways? A few more questions:
1. Is the clutch light or heavy? Comfortable for bumper to bumper traffic?
2. Whats the mileage in city?
Old 11th April 2017, 13:15   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1.4 CRDI unit in Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Bump..
Any 1.4 Creta users here? How do you find the power on the highways? A few more questions:
1. Is the clutch light or heavy? Comfortable for bumper to bumper traffic?
2. Whats the mileage in city?
I think this is the only forum member who has a 1.4 Creta:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-variant.html

He might reply if you post on this thread directly.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:31   #1673
BHPian

I've another question for the AT users. The gear lever seems very hard when removing from P towards R, almost like I'm pulling it against its wish. Especially during the first ride in the morning. As a rule, I always press the small button under the lever while moving it.

Is it usual or am I doing it wrong?
Old 11th April 2017, 14:37   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post

Android Auto - Setting it up the first time is a process. Needs confirmations all around. You need to install Android Auto on your phone, launch it, connect the cable and connect with the car's bluetooth. Since it uses bluetooth, it means you cannot connect it on the go and need to stop and park to connect it
Android Auto uses USB route for music, display and other activities and bluetooth only for calls. You do not have to do anything manually to connect with bluetooth of head unit. Just connect the cable and Android auto will take care of everything else (only first time you have to do a few settings in the phone app).

Last edited by mjumrani : 11th April 2017 at 14:38. Reason: Formatting mistake.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:50   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Android Auto uses USB route for music, display and other activities and bluetooth only for calls. You do not have to do anything manually to connect with bluetooth of head unit. Just connect the cable and Android auto will take care of everything else (only first time you have to do a few settings in the phone app).
Correct. But even then you cannot connect it on-the-go. Neither Android Auto, nor bluetooth. The HU throws an error if the car is in D or R mode. Connects only if you're in P mode. It's same in my FIL's manual Verna too which doesn't have android auto.
Old 11th April 2017, 14:57   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
I've another question for the AT users. The gear lever seems very hard when removing from P towards R, almost like I'm pulling it against its wish. Especially during the first ride in the morning. As a rule, I always press the small button under the lever while moving it.

Are you parked on an incline or slight incline? With an AT have to be careful when parking and ensuring that handbrake is in place after placing transmission in P, before exiting the vehicle. Else "Transmission Lock" can occur. Refer http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/221. This may not affect newer ATs, but could be a factor here.
But it could be normal, you could wait 30 secs after switching on the vehicle and then try engaging R.
Dennis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 15:12   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Are you parked on an incline or slight incline? With an AT have to be careful when parking and ensuring that handbrake is in place after placing transmission in P, before exiting the vehicle. Else "Transmission Lock" can occur. Refer http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/221. This may not affect newer ATs, but could be a factor here.
But it could be normal, you could wait 30 secs after switching on the vehicle and then try engaging R.
Thank you, that was very informative.

The parking spot I use is a flat surface. I do warm up the engine by idling for 30 second or so, yet it feels unnaturally strained. I'll check this against the demo vehicle at Hyundai since my first service is due soon.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 15:49   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. But even then you cannot connect it on-the-go. Neither Android Auto, nor bluetooth. The HU throws an error if the car is in D or R mode. Connects only if you're in P mode. It's same in my FIL's manual Verna too which doesn't have android auto.
I do not face this issue in my friend's Tucson, i have extensively tested the car. It doesn't matter which mode car is in connect the cable and it starts working.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 16:25   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I experience the same problem sometimes in my diesel A/T. I press the brake pedal harder than usual and then the lever shifts normally. Maybe you could try this and see if it works for you as well.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 17:08   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I do not face this issue in my friend's Tucson, i have extensively tested the car. It doesn't matter which mode car is in connect the cable and it starts working.
That's strange. I remember reading in my manual that this is a safety feature. Surprising if the same OEM doesn't consider it a safety hazard in a higher model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I experience the same problem sometimes in my diesel A/T. I press the brake pedal harder than usual and then the lever shifts normally. Maybe you could try this and see if it works for you as well.
I'll try it tonight. The stiffness is only while getting out of Parking mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks