Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 17:24   #1981
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post

3. Service levels and cost of ownership of Hyundai seems to be better than Honda.
Thanks for the feedback. My perception was Honda has the best service experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Roads are not bad in Bangalore? Where do you live mate?

After driving in Bangalore for close to 5 years now, and suffering the pain of third grade roads and under body hits and scourging through water logged streets, I would strongly recommend the SUV option.
The peace of mind and satisfaction, an SUV (Pseudo/raised Hatch/BodyOnFrame) gives, in such scenarios, is un-believable.
My driving is restricted to the area between MG Road and Rajajinagar. Roads here are generally good. Though the other day even MG Road was completely waterlogged.

Feedback from city owners is that it does not scrape on bangalore roads. I wonder how much of the high ground clearance is for “peace of mind” vs actual damage caused to cars.

Also, does anyone have the numbers for Karen ground clearance for the Creta?
Old 7th October 2017, 12:47   #1982

I need to replace my 4 tyres. The last ones Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport have lasted for 60k kms & should last me another 5-10k max.
Would like to upsize to Yokohama Advan Sports 225/55 R17.
Has anyone done it & whats the price in Bangalore?
Old 9th October 2017, 15:50   #1983
BHPian

I'm looking to install front footwell lights in my Creta, but I don't want to sacrifice the power socket.

Any recommendations on which brand should I go for and what is the safest way to install this?
Old 9th October 2017, 15:54   #1984
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I'm looking to install front footwell lights in my Creta, but I don't want to sacrifice the power socket.
You can think in these lines. I did it in my Swift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-lighting.html
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:07   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You can think in these lines. I did it in my Swift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-lighting.html
Thanks, Anurag. Not sure how I missed this thread. It looks really simple but I'm not proficient with the electrical works. But I got the science behind it. Will order a kit and get it installed by a local mechanic!
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 16:21   #1986
BHPian

Hi a4anurag

Any news on delivery date of your car ?

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 17:37   #1987
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, Anurag. Not sure how I missed this thread. It looks really simple but I'm not proficient with the electrical works.
For the Creta, take the connection from the front lamps above the IRVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Any news on delivery date of your car ?
If all is well, should get the car by Diwali.

Thanks Kunal sir for the concern.
Old 10th October 2017, 17:05   #1988
BHPian

Quote:
For the Creta, take the connection from the front lamps above the IRVM.
I'm looking to buy something like this. I don't need the fancy stuff but the ability to control intensity is a plus.

But I don't want to sacrifice my 12V socket for this. Also, it won't kick in with central locking. Is it possible to hardwire this with the cabin lamp?
Old 10th October 2017, 17:29   #1989
BANNED

Quote:
But I don't want to sacrifice my 12V socket for this. Also, it won't kick in with central locking. Is it possible to hardwire this with the cabin lamp?
You can buy this and hardwire it. The 12V socket in this wiring harness will connect to the LED thing.

1M 1.5mm2 Car Cigarette Cigar Lighter DC12V Extension Micro Fuse Tap Holder Lead

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-258908310983245007.jpg

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3227...ddresstype=600

Costs 700 bucks.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:12   #1990
BANNED

Expecting delivery of my Creta SX (O) by early next week.

Just a FYI to all Creta Owners.

This is what is covered in the extended warranty. I have purchased the 4th year extended warranty for 11K.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img20171011wa0002.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:46   #1991
BHPian

Quote:

This is what is covered in the extended warranty. I have purchased the 4th year extended warranty for 11K.

Attachment 1684346
Congrats. Lucky you. After delivering my 2 AT diesels the dealership isn't committing my AT petrol. They say the allotment is not coming from Hyundai because of Verna. He says next month too the car's fate is uncertain. So now I have to make the hard choice of shifting to a Diesel AT. It a decision fraught with confusions as my running isnt going to be more than 1000 KM a month!

I have asked the dealer to lemme know the ETA for Diesel AT. If its within this month than I will shift the booking to a Diesel AT. Sorry for the rant but congratulations !
abs182 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 16:02   #1992
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations Anurag!

I have been closely following your posts on your booking. I too have booked the SX+ Diesel Automatic on the 28th of August. However, just like abs182, even I am clueless about the delivery date. I was told a 6 week waiting period initially. But now the dealer is unsure when the car would arrive. He keeps citing the same reason about the deliveries being hit because of the new Verna.

Thanks for the extended warranty update. I too am considering getting one. Just want to make sure if the automatic transmission is covered.

Congrats again. Really looking forward to your posts after the car is delivered.

Cheers!
SedateMotorhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 16:09   #1993
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
After delivering my 2 AT diesels the dealership isn't committing my AT petrol. They say the allotment is not coming from Hyundai because of Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
However, just like abs182, even I am clueless about the delivery date. I was told a 6 week waiting period initially. But now the dealer is unsure when the car would arrive. He keeps citing the same reason about the deliveries being hit because of the new Verna.
Thank you guys.

Sad to see the way Hyundai is keeping orders pending for so long only to capture Verna sales. They are loosing customers in a way and spoiling the "New Car buying experience!"

For me it was 2 dealers and ~51 days waiting. I hope I get the car by early next week. Fed up with Hyundai and the way they deal.
Old 11th October 2017, 17:10   #1994
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, which colour did you pick? Every time I look at my MID I'm forced to think if I should've picked SX(O) instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
Thanks for the extended warranty update. I too am considering getting one. Just want to make sure if the automatic transmission is covered.
It is but it has a limit on your mileage. I don't remember the numbers but I think the extended warranty applies till 100k ODO only. If your running is going to exceed that in 3 years, the warranty won't make much sense.

I deferred the warranty purchase decision to the 3rd year.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:10   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you guys.

Sad to see the way Hyundai is keeping orders pending for so long only to capture Verna sales. They are loosing customers in a way and spoiling the "New Car buying experience!"

For me it was 2 dealers and ~51 days waiting. I hope I get the car by early next week. Fed up with Hyundai and the way they deal.
Congrats Anurag.

Hyundai dealings are very confusing. Getting a test drive for Verna was almost impossible with the dealers not interested in selling. My Verna went for registration today. The dealership has'nt called me to either update the registration number of ask me what time I should collect the car

Coming from Maruti (my 2 current and earlier owned cars were all Maruti), this is a very bad experience.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed