Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 16:35   #2086
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Well the steering mounted controls stopped responding, just the trip and reset buttons work, has anybody else faced this issue?
Old 19th December 2017, 01:12   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Well the steering mounted controls stopped responding, just the trip and reset buttons work, has anybody else faced this issue?
Check for the fuse. Information about fuse is available in the Creta Handbook.
I had issue with my mobile charging point not working which happened to be a blown fuse.
dextor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 07:44   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Check for the fuse. Information about fuse is available in the Creta Handbook.
I had issue with my mobile charging point not working which happened to be a blown fuse.
Thank you Dextor, the fuse was one of the first things I checked and did all the required trouble shooting ( resetting the AVN to factory settings, checked for any wiring issue, disconecting battery terminals, turn the steering wheel to extreme on either sides to check if it was dreaded clock spring issue, took out the airbag to check any loose connection), unfortunately nothing seemed to work.

Taking the vehicle to HASS to get it checked.
Old 19th December 2017, 15:11   #2089
BHPian

An interesting product link here that claims the manual Climate Control Unit of creta can be upgraded to automatic. Anyone tried this or have any idea?
Old 20th December 2017, 10:59   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Yes, I have observed the same in recent couple of days on and off TeamBHP.
Here are a couple of references that I encountered:

1. Faulty ABS System: URL

2. "Horrific Brakes" - URL

3. "Pathetic ABS System" - URL

4. Facebook Group Comments - shared by Ravenavi URL

Attachment 1706107

Would be good to hear from more owners of the Creta on Team BHP itself on this issue...
Here is my feedback on Creta especially after 4k kms of ownership dominated by highway driving.

The brakes of the Creta are one of the best as I spent 6 months TDing many cars before deciding to pick the Creta. The ABS played its part once. Luckily haven't needed them and wish it stays that way.

The braking from speed of well above 100km has always been confidence inspiring.

My initial grouse was the A/c but now know how to make it work for me and the other is is DTE which even the lower variants of Verna have

Good luck with your search

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:05   #2091

Dear Friends,
Just want to share and get your views on the weird problem I faced with my 1.4 CRDi. Its been 26 months after I purchased my Creta and had no issue till then. In fact I get a very decent mileage around 18 KMPL in city condition.

Couple of weeks back when I was passing a Toll Gate near OMR, Chennai I noticed my steering wheel got struck or too tight to turn on either side. But somehow with great difficulty, I managed to drive few meters and parked at road side. Switched off the vehicle for 5 minutes and switched on again and I noticed the steering wheel was back to normal.

On checking with KUN Hyundai, they said they couldn't find any issue on their testing and asked me come again if I face similar problem. Since I was just crossing the toll, I was not more than 20km speed and managed to stop. If the same happened at high speed, I couldn't manage the situation .

Does anyone let me know what could be the reason, as this didn't happen again .

Thank you in advance
G. Raja
RajaGs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 22:40   #2092
BHPian

I had gone to the Hyundai regional dealer conference as a plus one for one of the dealers. My main motive was to get info on the Creta Facelift since I am interested in the Jeep Compass but of the shockers I got was the platform info its indeed based on a Hyundai Kia J5 platform and nothing else so yea this is more or less an equal to the new platform that the Verna is sporting "Suppose to be Elantra derivative itself".

Now while I was appreciating the SCCS platform Small Wide 4×4 LWB under the compass knowing that such a nice platform existed under the creta is quite satisfying.

Also as for the facelift it is still be discussed if 1.4 should be still used or not, Hyundai says no but their word is not final. second on all they are saying some thing "Hoping Cruse Control" will be common in-between Verna and Creta FL
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 13:44   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaGs View Post
Dear Friends,
Just want to share and get your views on the weird problem I faced with my 1.4 CRDi.
Couple of weeks back when I was passing a Toll Gate near OMR, Chennai I noticed my steering wheel got struck or too tight to turn on either side. But somehow with great difficulty, I managed to drive few meters and parked at road side. Switched off the vehicle for 5 minutes and switched on again and I noticed the steering wheel was back to normal.

Thank you in advance
G. Raja
This for sure has to do with the power source for the electric steering mount which needs to be checked up. The electric motor is getting powered off when the engine is running. Do update it. I agree. Its extremely dangerous situation at high speeds especially while overtaking and dodging left in last minute maneuvers.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:26   #2094
BHPian

Swapped the OEM fog lamps with these over the weekend. It's an unbranded Taiwan made product. Not sure how long will it last but it's a plug & play fit and illumination is decent. Looks better than OEM fog lamps too.

Cost 3500 + 300 for fitting.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-26023860_10156061020204669_4891260193948604688_o.jpg

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 26th December 2017 at 11:28.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:37   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaGs View Post
I noticed my steering wheel got struck or too tight to turn on either side. But somehow with great difficulty, I managed to drive few meters and parked at road side. Switched off the vehicle for 5 minutes and switched on again and I noticed the steering wheel was back to normal.
I faced this issue with my Verna when the battery was about to die - happened to me when the engine was running at low RPMs. I was informed by the battery guy that at low RPMs the EPS motor is (partially?) powered by battery, and hence the problem happens. Once the battery was changed I didn't face this issue again.
A friend of mine who drives Dzire faced this problem too, and was offered the same diagnosis by MASS personnel.
While you mention your vehicle is only 26 months old, IMHO it'll be worthwhile to get the battery checked nonetheless.
actinium15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 19:23   #2096
BHPian

I have a Creta 1.6 CRDI SX+ AT.
So glad to see that I'm not the only one who finds the brakes and suspension lacking.
The brakes had immediate response for the first 250 kms when the car was brand new, but now I find that they take around 2x more distance to stop the car.
And the suspension... Well one might as well be driving a Lamborghini in track mode
Thinking of getting the shockers changed later as maybe that might help... Right now you can feel literally every bump.

On a positive note, I love the torque of the engine, the gearbox is great and so are the headlights and the cornering lamps.

Last edited by sleepyk : 27th December 2017 at 19:31.
sleepyk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:56   #2097
BHPian

After an agonizing wait of 4 months, I finally took delivery of my Red Passion SX+ Automatic Diesel Creta on the 19th of December, 2017 (Booked on 28th of August).

Firstly I must thank Team-BHP for helping me make a decision on buying the Creta. Although a newbie, I have been following the forum and have spent countless hours researching on the forum even when I bought my Swift VDI in 2012. I can’t thank enough BNM, RavenAvi and naveen.raju for their incredibly informative threads. Also posts from other Creta owners like Nonstop-driver and posts on booking experiences of a4anurag.

Like many others who have posted on this thread, I too forgot about my bitter experience of endlessly waiting for the delivery, the moment I got on the driver’s seat.

The one thing I was most excited about was the Automatic Transmission. After only 200 kms of driving in about 10 days, I am certain that I won’t go back to manual transmission. I drive through the annoying traffic at the Toll plaza on Eastern Express Highway (Mulund-Thane) on a daily basis. The drive is significantly more comfortable in an automatic.

Accessories bought:-
Just a Mivi charger (2.4A Output) and a Mivi micro usb cable. Both bought from Amazon.

Accessories planned:-

1. Roof Wrap
I am considering wrapping the roof, pillars and the spoiler in gloss black. I am still a little unsure as I am worried about swirl marks on the wrap and I still need to do a little more research on wrap maintenance.

2. Seat Covers:
Again, I am a little confused about seat covers as PU leather seats heat up during the day. Pure leather covers are way too expensive. Fabric covers won’t make much of a difference, but I’ll still check out a few fabric covers just to see if they offer better texture and feel. I will post an update on this once I take a decision in a few days.
I will definitely get PU or Pure leather cover for the arm rest, as the current texture is a bit too rough for my liking. I am also considering leathering up the door pads but I read somewhere on the forum that the installation involves rivets which may lead to rattles after a while. Would love any inputs on this from fellow BHPians.

Will try to keep this thread updated with my experiences with the Creta
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-creta.jpeg  

SedateMotorhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:06   #2098
Distinguished - BHPian

For the lower variants of the Petrol Creta,

1) how are the head lamp ? Is the illumination sufficient ?
2) Comfort. Family in question has a baby ( < 1 year). Will mainly use the rear seat.
3) FE for the petrol 1.6 version.
Old 30th December 2017, 23:33   #2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
For the lower variants of the Petrol Creta,

1) how are the head lamp ? Is the illumination sufficient ?
2) Comfort. Family in question has a baby ( < 1 year). Will mainly use the rear seat.
3) FE for the petrol 1.6 version.
Hi,
Recently bought E Plus Petrol.

In reply to your questions,
1. Head lamp is good for city use but found inadequate for highway use.
2. Comfort is good. Has definitely better leg room compared to brezza, nexon, WRV. It has a body roll compared to sedans, but is expected due to high ground clearance i guess. I haven't tried fitting baby car seat plus 2 adults yet in rear seat. 3 medium size adults can be comfortably seated.
3. I am getting around 13 kmpl in highway and somewhere around 10-11 kmpl in city.
karthiksm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 01:26   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
Accessories planned:-

1. Roof Wrap
I am considering wrapping the roof, pillars and the spoiler in gloss black. I am still a little unsure as I am worried about swirl marks on the wrap and I still need to do a little more research on wrap maintenance.

2. Seat Covers:
Again, I am a little confused about seat covers as PU leather seats heat up during the day. Pure leather covers are way too expensive. Fabric covers won’t make much of a difference, but I’ll still check out a few fabric covers just to see if they offer better texture and feel.
Have got roof wrapping done...
It's pretty much hassle free and just needs a wash once in a while.

Just be sure to shop around before you get it done. Mine was done by 3M in Ahmedabad, and after getting the car to Navi Mumbai I found at least 2 places that would've done it for a lot cheaper.

I shopped around for seat covers but couldn't really make up my mind as the generic pleather covers available at most places weren't to my liking.

Would also recommend getting 3D mats and light UV protective film. It's unnoticeable and helps a lot with the sun.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed