Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2019, 18:04   #2581
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Time for third-year insurance for my Creta. At 11.50L IDV, I'm getting a quote of about 29,000 with GST and zero dep. Is this reasonable?
Where is this from ? Showroom or a third party ? Please decide on the company first and then the add-ons(consumables, zero dep, return to invoice etc) you want to go with. As all the add-ons have a separate cost.After that compare the showroom quotation vs the third parties keeping the same configuration.
Old 14th March 2019, 18:37   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Where is this from ? Showroom or a third party ? Please decide on the company first and then the add-ons(consumables, zero dep, return to invoice etc) you want to go with. As all the add-ons have a separate cost.After that compare the showroom quotation vs the third parties keeping the same configuration.
This is from Policybazaar. No point in comparing with showroom because they will mark it up insanely.
Old 15th March 2019, 16:01   #2583
BHPian

Well honestly speaking, i got my car's insurance renewed recently and the showroom cost wasnt more than of 1k difference. With Policy Bazaar i have seen that they do not offer all add ons from all insurance providers. For eg-they might not give an Engine Protect of Bharti Axa but will give a Zero Dep, but the same is available outside. So no harm in checking with others.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 10:03   #2584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Time for third-year insurance for my Creta. At 11.50L IDV, I'm getting a quote of about 29,000 with GST and zero dep. Is this reasonable?
I recently got a quote for my third-year renewal, at the same 11.5L IDV , I got a quote of about 30,000 with zero dep , consumables and GST from ICICI Lombard through an agent as I could not find a good policy online.
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:08   #2585
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Visited the Hyundai service centre again last Saturday for the clutch shuddering issue. And in spite of them claiming they did some checks, the issue still persists. It only occurs in stop-go traffic, and that too probably after 20-30 mins in to the drive. The issue is that I was not able to replicate the issue with the service executive during a short test drive and there lies the problem. Cause if they cannot see or feel the problem then they do not take it seriously. And the executive kept stating that its complex for them to check the clutch plate since they have to remove the gear box etc. so they claim to have done another round of clutch bleeding, but it seems to have not helped.
My guess is that if I go back, they will ask me to replace the clutch plate and this may not be covered under warranty.

So went back to the Hyundai service centre on Monday earlier this week for the clutch shuddering issue and they decided that they would change the clutch assembly and the clutch plate since I had escalated the issue to Hyundai directly.
However the service manager claimed that they could not visually make out any defects in the existing plate and they just went ahead and replaced both the parts purely because the problem kept recurring even after clutch bleeding process was done twice. Although this does not come under warranty, they did not charge me and have sent the parts to Hyundai for a warranty claim.

A quick word of appreciation for fellow team bhpian Silverblaze, who had reached out to me to explain on how he dealt with the same issue and he even shared images of the parts he had replaced! Feel proud to be part of a community where members voluntarily reach out to help each other!

Will wait to see during peak Bangalore traffic whether the issue has completely been resolved!
motorworks is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 21:14   #2586
Senior - BHPian

In my experience the clutch judders after warming up only if the torsional springs in the clutch plate have weakened. They loose their torsion when they clutch plate gets heated and the clutch slips against the pressure plate when engaging. In severe cases you can actually see the springs rattling once you remove the clutch plate.
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:44   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone fixed the sidestep for the Creta? Just checking if there is any disadvantage to the installation of the sidestep.

I do not have elderly folks travelling frequently in the car, may be occasionally, I was looking at the side step more from an utility perspective, to be used for cleaning the roof etc.
Hyundai is apparently offering a black side step now and I thought it will go well with my silver Creta.
motorworks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:31   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Has anyone fixed the sidestep for the Creta? Just checking if there is any disadvantage to the installation of the sidestep.

I do not have elderly folks travelling frequently in the car, may be occasionally, I was looking at the side step more from an utility perspective, to be used for cleaning the roof etc.
Hyundai is apparently offering a black side step now and I thought it will go well with my silver Creta.
I have installed a sidestep on my creta and it has actually made cleaning the roof easier as earlier my cleaner had to stand on the tyres and clean the roof .It has an added advantage for elderly folks and kids no doubt!
I got an aftermarket one fitted on my creta and it looks better and was way cheaper than the one that the dealer was providing in 2017.One has to get used to the added width the car has after installing them as getting the car out of tight spots , one can clearly misjudge the added width.
Old 23rd March 2019, 17:06   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
I have installed a sidestep on my creta and it has actually made cleaning the roof easier as earlier my cleaner had to stand on the tyres and clean the roof .It has an added advantage for elderly folks and kids no doubt!
I got an aftermarket one fitted on my creta and it looks better and was way cheaper than the one that the dealer was providing in 2017.One has to get used to the added width the car has after installing them as getting the car out of tight spots , one can clearly misjudge the added width.
Even I am contemplating side steps. Your post is insightful, do they lower the ground clearance too?
Old 23rd March 2019, 22:14   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Even I am contemplating side steps. Your post is insightful, do they lower the ground clearance too?
No, there is no effect on the ground clearance !
Old 28th March 2019, 19:09   #2591
BHPian

My creta petrol manual is due for the 1st paid service. ( 4th service). It has clocked 21k kilometers. Can someone let me know the approximate service charge?. (Including wheel balancing/alignment)
I have never had a good experience with the Hyundai service advisors. Their only intent is to inflate the bill. I want to go prepared this time.
Old 10th April 2019, 10:18   #2592
BHPian

Finally after numerous complaints my steering thak-thak noise got rectified. I would really like to thank Mr @nkghai for his guidance and for answering all my queries, though it was last year that I last contacted him!

I made up my mind that during the 3rd free service I'll get the sound rectified and this time my SA assured me that there is going to be a permanent solution to the problem as I had twice visited for the same. This time he made a video of the noise and diagnosed the problem to be in the steering column so he sent in a request to Hyundai for a steering column change under warranty. So, finally yesterday my steering column was changed at Mahadev Hyundai, Faridabad and the problem seem to have been gone for good this time.

I'm really happy that my warranty is still active as without it I would've had to pay around 60k.

Last edited by ampere : 19th April 2019 at 06:45. Reason: formatted for readability
shrey25 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 21:28   #2593
BHPian

I was just able to click two pictures and I would like to apologize for the quality of said pictures as I was busy getting the part changed in front of me as well as not letting them do any shabby or incompetent work !
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190409_111633.jpg  

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190409_114428.jpg  

Old 17th April 2019, 16:35   #2594
BHPian

Discovered the reason recirculation kept switching to fresh.
If the sunroof is open even a few mm then the car switches automatically to fresh after 3nminutes or so.
cmody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 13:18   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmody View Post
Discovered the reason recirculation kept switching to fresh.
If the sunroof is open even a few mm then the car switches automatically to fresh after 3nminutes or so.
I am afraid that is not the reason. It goes on fresh air automatically after reaching the preset cabin inside temperature.
To disable this, the moment the recirculate button goes off on fresh air, put it on manually, put it off manually and once again put in on manually and it will remain in re-circulation mode.
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks