Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 11:47   #2671
BHPian

Someone broke the Front Windscreen glass with a stone.

Spoke to Hyundai Service station and Windshield expert(WE).
Hyundai quoted 8500 & 2 day turnaround, while WE quote 6500 & 2 hour turnaround. Not that I need the car urgently though..

The maths with lodging an insurance claim doesnt work out.. So will go out of pocket.

Any experience with both or any of these two?

I remember someone going for the glass replacement and mentioning that the methodology is different for the two. Or was it the adhesive used?

I know that (theoretically) Hyundai does a leak test and thats why they probably need the longer time period for the adhesive to dry completely and then do the leak test .

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuresh View Post
I would recommend Windshield Experts (WE). When my Creta's windshield had a crack, I first went to a popular Hyundai ASS here in Hyderabad. In no time I figured out that were employing a third party vendor to do the job, with zero supervision. Third party is fine, but that guy didn't have a good quality Urethane adhesive and said he would re-use the rubber strip from the old windshield. I refused their service. I called WE and asked them if I could bring my own glass and pay only for the adhesive and labour. They agreed. Next, I went to a Hyundai Genuine Parts dealer and bought the windshield and rubber (both genuine parts, with a bill) and then took it to WE to get it fixed. Very professional work, done in my presence. WE uses Dow's Betaseal, a Urethane adhesive, which many car makers use and is much stronger than silicon ones. It was useful to carry the rubber too, because WE won't have a genuine part, and will use a generic rubber strip.

Just be sure you leave you vehicle there at least for 2-3 hours for the adhesive to set. 45 minutes isn't enough. I planned it in such a way that I was their last customer that evening. That way, I could leave the car on a ramp outside the store for a good 4-5 hours before hitting the road.

Hi , I also need to get my front windscreen replaced. Where did you find the Hyundai Genuine Parts dealer ? is there a list online ? How much did the total job cost you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Thanks to the +ve feedback from multiple members, I decided to give WE a shot. They did a good job, there were no marks of any sort on the exterior or interior of the car. The glass fits perfectly, didn't find any abnormalities. Charged about 2k with Insurance.
Will wait for a few days for the final verdict.
Did it work out fine with you ? in the long term...

Last edited by SDP : 20th June 2019 at 14:55. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or MultiQuote rather than posting one post after another.
Old 21st June 2019, 12:17   #2672
BHPian

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Spoke to Hyundai Service station and Windshield expert(WE).
Hyundai quoted 8500 & 2 day turnaround
Give me until this evening, I will upload an invoice for the front windshield replacement for Facelift Creta. It's in the range of 5,800/. from Hyundai Service station (Kun Hyundai) here in Hyderabad. I don't see any reason why it should be expensive there.

Yes, turnaround will be 2 days but my recommendation is to get it done at Hyundai. I had also called Windshield Experts in Hyderabad and the person mentioned if the car is under warranty, its better to get it done from the authorized service station.

If you have more than 20% NCB, making an insurance claim will be futile as you will end up paying the minimum deductible ~ ₹ 2000/. and lose the NCB as-well.

This is for all interested:

Hyundai is running a campaign for extended warranty and those that have not taken the 4th and/ or 5th yr extended warranty on their cars can get it now at:
1. 30% discount. [Some showrooms are offering this eg: Kun Hyundai, Hyderabad]
2. Or addl offers like services worth 2500/. to 3000/. for free [Some showrooms are offering this eg: Fusion Hyundai, Hyderabad offered me Interior Foam, Exterior Teflon but I could almost negotiate for underbody coating instead.]

Requirements to purchase the extended warranty:
1. Your Hyundai car must still be under its standard warranty (typically 3 yrs unlimited or 3yrs limited kms)
2. Price list: https://www.hyundai.com/content/dam/...W%20Prices.pdf

I paid 14,400/. -30% (offer discount) + GST (18%) = ₹ 11,894.40 for an extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year with 1.2 L kms coverage for my Creta(P) MT.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 21st June 2019 at 12:24. Reason: Adding additional info
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:14   #2673
BHPian

Dangerous situation faced recently

I have a Petrol Creta bought in 2017 but hardly run as such. It has done something like 2800km only. The services are on time and i am quite knowledgeable on cars so the maintenance has been spot on. Recently we went for a family trip to Ooty. There were 5 adults and a child and it was nicely loaded in terms of weight. While climbing the ghats the car stalled and stopped.

It was pretty scary with so many on board and that too old folks. It stalled many times and came to a dead halt. Many times the car refused to start back on giving really tense moments. Also i noticed that if it restarted and when on the move, when i change from 1st to any higher gear it would again stall and stop. This went on for maybe half an hour and later it got okay.

The rest of the journey was uneventful and thankfully nothing happened. The return journey was also fine. I really cant understand what went wrong? Could anyone throw some light on this please...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2019 at 08:04. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th June 2019, 14:28   #2674
BHPian

Re: Dangerous situation faced recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Could anyone throw some light on this please...
Pardon me for asking this, but is this is the first time you are taking the Creta up the hills and how comfortable are you with driving up steep ghats ? I am only asking this because the Ooty route via Masinagudi has some really sharp and steep hair pin bends and even experienced drivers sometimes struggle with it. Considering its a petrol and 5 people on-board, it wouldn't be surprising that you stalled a few times shifting up from first gear. Since you mentioned it was fine later, its most likely a struggle with getting it right in the steep ghats. Unless you have trouble with it on the plains you may not want to beat yourself up, over it. My 2 cents..

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2019 at 08:06. Reason: Trimming quoted post. A long quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:36   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Pardon me for asking this, but is this is the first time you are taking the Creta up the hills and how comfortable are you with driving up steep ghats ? I am only asking this because the Ooty route via Masinagudi has some really sharp and steep hair pin bends and even experienced drivers sometimes struggle with it. Considering its a petrol and 5 people on-board, it wouldn't be surprising that you stalled a few times shifting up from first gear. Since you mentioned it was fine later, its most likely a struggle with getting it right in the steep ghats. Unless you have trouble with it on the plains you may not want to beat yourself up, over it. My 2 cents..
Nope. Ive been driving more than 20 years and have been on that route very many times earlier driving other cars. It felt like some sensor was cutting the engine off because it was stalling not just when I was changing gears from 1st to 2nd. Many a time, it just wouldnt move from standstill in 1st. It would just shut the engine off. The issue is something else.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Please avoid typing with dotty posts... like... this... Thanks.
car love is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 07:53   #2676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
Could anyone throw some light on this please...
Since the vehicle was not used frequently, I suspect rats. My BIL's Jetta had a similar issue with the sensor and later found out bite marks.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 16:28   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Since the vehicle was not used frequently, I suspect rats. My BIL's Jetta had a similar issue with the sensor and later found out bite marks.
It is a possibility. I thought of it...Have to go to the dealer and run diagnostics to see if anything is amiss..

Last edited by car love : 26th June 2019 at 16:49.
car love is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 22:19   #2678
BHPian

Some modifications for car camping

My home while travelling is usually my 2017 Creta Petrol AT where I have added a few gadgets and done a few modifications for my comfort and safety. Here are a few pics:-

1st PIC: Attached to left side of driver's seat is a 180 watt 12v DC to 220v AC power inverter. On right bottom corner of steering wheel inside fuse box is a bluetooth obd2 device. In front of gear lever is a 120 watt 3 socket cigarette lighter splitter with one socket occupied by the plug and switch for the floor ambient lights. On the dashboard beside the mobile phone mount is the Solar Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. Above the mobile phone mount is the dashcam/actioncam.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190212_123531.jpg

2nd PIC: 12v car refrigerator

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190212_131059.jpg

3rd PIC: All 12v, Grey Air Purifier, Green Cooker, Black Air Pump or tyre inflator, Black & White Vacuum cleaner and Black & Steel Tea/Coffee maker.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190212_131739.jpg

4th PIC: 12v car pressure washer

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190214_122236.jpg

5th PIC: 12v sockets and a voltmeter

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190613_104251.jpg

6th PIC: Electric massager with heating consuming 27 watts at 12 volts DC.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190628_122539.jpg

7th PIC: Lithium based compact jump-starter kit, especially useful for cars with automatic transmissions.

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-20190523_1220531.jpg

I also use net type sun blinds on my car windows for keeping away mosquitoes. I have also started using a powerbank to power a portable fan to beat the heat inside my car when the engine is off.
Disclaimer: All the products shown in all of the above pictures are commercially available and none of them were custom made for me. Also, this is my first post. So please pardon the errors.

Moderator's note - please check this thread on how to attach uploaded images into the thread. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2019 at 13:37.
Chhanda Das is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 15:45   #2679
BHPian

Automatic Creta Drivers:
I've never had to, but how does one leave the car parked in neutral?
If you switch off the car in N, it goes into accessory mode. And I remember being told to avoid the shift lock button (I have no idea how it works)

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 14th July 2019 at 15:48.
Old 14th July 2019, 16:35   #2680
BHPian

Have never done this, but if I have to hazard a guess this is what I would do...

1. Put it in P and switch off the car
2. Use the shift lock button to move the shift lever to N
Old 16th July 2019, 18:58   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Automatic Creta Drivers:
I've never had to, but how does one leave the car parked in neutral?
If you switch off the car in N, it goes into accessory mode. And I remember being told to avoid the shift lock button (I have no idea how it works)
Why would you avoid the shift lock button? IMO its purpose is when the car is stopped and the parking pin is holding the weight of the car instead of the handbrake, then the gear level gets extremely heavy to move (since the pin is stuck) and the shift lock button helps you change the gear without breaking the said pin. So in no manner should shift lock button be 'avoided'.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 22:31   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
Have never done this, but if I have to hazard a guess this is what I would do...

1. Put it in P and switch off the car
2. Use the shift lock button to move the shift lever to N

thanks, this is what I thought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Why would you avoid the shift lock button? IMO its purpose is when the car is stopped and the parking pin is holding the weight of the car instead of the handbrake, then the gear level gets extremely heavy to move (since the pin is stuck) and the shift lock button helps you change the gear without breaking the said pin. So in no manner should shift lock button be 'avoided'.

I think that's what my brother was told when he took delivery of the car. To use it only in emergencies when you need to park in neutral or similar.

The situation you speak of should be avoided completely, i.e you should never put the weight of the car on the parking pin.The correct way to park an automatic on a steep incline is- put it in N, engage the handbrake tightly and then release the footbrake. The weight shifts to the handbrake, and then you press the footbrake to shift into P. This goes a long way in preserving the transmission.
Old 17th July 2019, 16:44   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The situation you speak of should be avoided completely, i.e you should never put the weight of the car on the parking pin.The correct way to park an automatic on a steep incline is- put it in N, engage the handbrake tightly and then release the footbrake. The weight shifts to the handbrake, and then you press the footbrake to shift into P. This goes a long way in preserving the transmission.
I agree, although even after following this, the parking pin gets some weight sometimes. The shift lock button is to avoid forcing the pin to move if it is not free. That's what I was told.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 13:59   #2684
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2017 Creta 1.4 D which has covered around 29000 kms. I feel minor jerks when the car is accelerating in third gear and specifically around 1500-1900 rpm. When accelerated hard, the jerks are not felt. However in normal day to day running when you are just light on the foot, the jerks are felt. Showed it to ASS but as i already expected, the guy testing the same said i cant feel any jerks(I feel they are trained to do so). Any guesses or recommendations. The problem is being felt since last 2-3k kms.

Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 16:29   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Quoting my self here. I visited the service center yesterday and the manager performed a software update to the HU. The new version has apple car play & android auto and its working like a charm ! The new OEM HU costs 55K apparently
I also have a 2016 Creta and would love to have connected car features.
Sir, can you please share pictures of the version number in your car? From my experience the A.S.S is clueless about anything except oil change service, so this would help in speeding things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I thought a software update will not enable android auto/apple carplay in the first gen Creta. They said the AVN should be replaced and a simple update won't add this feature. Am I missing something?
Sir, did you manage to get yours updated?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks