Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2018, 02:17   #1561
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Even his SA (this car visits a different FASS) was able to recognize the problem easily & has advised my friend to bring the car to the service center to get the problem rectified.
My friend got the ambient temperature sensor replaced under warranty last week & as expected the sound is gone. My friend also fitted the interior ambient lights, the lights look cool at night but are slightly on the expensive side at Rs. 3300.

Here are a few photos of the ambient lights in action:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-ambient-lighting-back-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-ambient-lighting-back-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-ambient-lighting-front.jpg  

chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 17:06   #1562
BHPian

Is anyone using a bigger phone, like a 6 or 6+ inch screen size one with the dock on their figo/aspire?

I am planning to upgrade my phone but don't want to end up with one which won't fit in my car's dock. Plus all the decent phones out there are usually big these days.

I have seen a video on youtube with someone using a 6 inch screen smartphone without any issue, but I guess it's more to do with overall dimensions of the phone than just plain screen size.
Old 1st June 2018, 08:46   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
Is anyone using a bigger phone, like a 6 or 6+ inch screen size one with the dock on their figo/aspire?

I have seen a video on Youtube with someone using a 6 inch screen smartphone without any issue, but I guess it's more to do with overall dimensions of the phone than just plain screen size.
You are right. The overall dimension matters since most of the phones now-a-days are close to or more than 6 inches but due to 18:9 ratio the overall form factor remains pretty comparable to the yesteryear's 5.5 or 5.7 inch models.

BTW, I have an Honor 8 Pro which is normal 16:9 and 5.7 inch screen size. The phone is somewhat big and can fit in to the dock but the knack is in the locking it to the dock. Someone had earlier mentioned in this forum about how to fit in large size phones to the dock.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3985616
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 21:48   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post

BTW, I have an Honor 8 Pro which is normal 16:9 and 5.7 inch screen size. The phone is somewhat big and can fit in to the dock but the knack is in the locking it to the dock. Someone had earlier mentioned in this forum about how to fit in large size phones to the dock.
Exactly, this is how the phone is to be locked and there's no other way to do it, i mean you can't just press it down to fit your phone.

Coincidentally, the video posted just above the post you shared the link to, is the one I checked on youtube. I'm seriously considering buying the OP6 which even though has a 6.27 inch display, shares almost the same dimensions as the lenovo handset in this video. I hope it fits equally well.
Old 1st June 2018, 22:11   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, this is how the phone is to be locked and there's no other way to do it, i mean you can't just press it down to fit your phone.

Coincidentally, the video posted just above the post you shared the link to, is the one I checked on Youtube. I'm seriously considering buying the OP6 which even though has a 6.27 inch display, shares almost the same dimensions as the lenovo handset in this video. I hope it fits equally well.
I have 6s+ and it fits, but cannot be locked down and it keeps falling off. I tried sliding the phone for it to stay put, but it cannot. The phone otherwise is just the exact size for the dock.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2018, 10:09   #1566
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to upgrade my phone but don't want to end up with one which won't fit in my car's dock. Plus all the decent phones out there are usually big these days.

I have seen a video on Youtube with someone using a 6 inch screen smartphone without any issue, but I guess it's more to do with overall dimensions of the phone than just plain screen size.
Dear Sir,

I have used my Samsung Galaxy J7 Max which has 5.7" screen. The overall length of the phone is 156.7mm. It fits fine without falling off.

I have also used Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 which has 5.99" screen. The overall length of the phone is 158.5mm. Is fits fine without falling off, however their is no gap left after i place this phone on the dock.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 2nd June 2018 at 10:11.
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2018, 20:35   #1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Dear Sir,

I have used my Samsung Galaxy J7 Max which has 5.7" screen. The overall length of the phone is 156.7mm. It fits fine without falling off.

I have also used Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 which has 5.99" screen. The overall length of the phone is 158.5mm. Is fits fine without falling off, however their is no gap left after i place this phone on the dock.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Hi!

I used to happily use my lenovo vibe z2 pro - which was 6 inches, and with the old aspect ratios, it was much bigger than todays 18:9 phones.. However even though it was a4 year old phone, it had slimmer bezels than other phones of its time...

Presently i am comfortably using a one plus 6 which is 6" in the dock. Width is a perfect fit...

Note from Support:
Please ensure that you:
- Use CAPITAL letters where required.
- Proof-Read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors.
- Use the right punctuation.
Thank you for the Support.

Last edited by bblost : 10th June 2018 at 20:47.
Vikram Adani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 21:18   #1568
BHPian

Today I managed to hit a scooter while reversing. It stood completely out of sight right in the middle. It is the second time the car has hit a two wheeler while reversing and I feel it is right time to install a parking sensor. Should I get it installed at the service centre or go for after market stuff?
Old 17th June 2018, 21:24   #1569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Today I managed to hit a scooter while reversing. It stood completely out of sight right in the middle. It is the second time the car has hit a two wheeler while reversing and I feel it is right time to install a parking sensor. Should I get it installed at the service centre or go for after market stuff?
I think it completely depends upon the warranty of your car. I got it installed as a freebie from the dealer when I took delivery of my car. I have not faced any issue with the sensors in my 6 months of ownership. After market sensors can too work well provided they are of good quality and are installed in the right way.
TDCIfever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 22:40   #1570
BANNED

Quote:
I did all my modifications (4 corner cams, 1 display, 2 parking sensors) all of which I haven't used after installation along with my 4 nos Hella 500ff during warranty and was still allowed a breather assembly replacement after a minor engine oil leak.

Go to a competent place and see to it that they don't splice and draw parallel wiring like I did, you will be fine.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 06:07   #1571
BHPian

Since facelift is expected next month or so, some dealers are offering 80k cash discount and zero percent interest for loan upto 4 lacs for Aspire and 32k+ cash discount and zero percent interest. Though Ford Website says the offer is valid till 20th June, it is likely to be extended. Two days back i saw 10+ Aspire, including 2017 make in the yard of one of the dealer.
Old 25th June 2018, 15:51   #1572
BHPian

Cross posting from the Figo thread as it an engine related issue and both the cars have the same engine,

This is with respect to my 1.5 year old, ~61K run Figo 1.5 Tdci.

On a very recent drive where it was possible to drive the car at speeds unmentionable here, the car after continuous driving at >3500 rpm started to throw tantrums.

First the AC compressor stopped working and then after 5 minutes of driving at >3500 rpm in 5th gear, the overheat sign was displayed at the instrument cluster.
The problem would not occur if driving at 3400 rpm for any duration of time but maintaining 3500 rpm or more would cause these problems to start again.

Couple of things to note (which I think could be related to this problem),
1. Coolant hasn't been changed even once as of yet.
2. Air Filter was removed and cleaned just 4K kms before this incident.
3. Car has been run almost daily since its birth, serviced at proper intervals, has extended warranty and I try to take as much care of her as any bhpian would do.
4. The commonly known problem of the climate control sensor buzzing occurs in my car and the replacement is on its way.

I haven't visited a Ford ASS regarding this because I wanted to have a clear idea about the situation before being bombarded with a list of replacement by Ford ASS.

Thanks for taking the time out to provide your valuable input.
Old 25th June 2018, 22:52   #1573
BHPian

Bhphog, I am curious to know why the specific rpm no of 3500? Would also like to know what were the circumstances where you had to rev the engine to 3500 rpm?

Regards
Nikhil
Old 14th July 2018, 17:24   #1574
BHPian

Usually I do not dig deeper into cellphones but today I fixed an unused moto g 2nd generation to the Mobile dock with some updates.

The phone is without any sim card and it's WiFi and Bluetooth are always on. Downloaded an app "rotation control" which turns the home screen into landscape mode. Various modes of screen rotation can be chosen through the menu. Downloaded second app "smart screen on off" to enable screen unlock when the proximity sensor is touched. This phone doesn't have the double tap to wake up feature.

I searched and tried a lot of apps which could unlock the phone when connected with WiFi or Bluetooth and enable the screen on throughout, but all failed.

Also downloaded a cool ford wallpaper. Music apps like Gaana and Google maps were already there.

Now all I need to do is turn on the hotspot of the phone I use and start driving. The car audio connects with the Moto automatically and The Moto connects with my phone for internet and can stream music and run navigation. No more fiddling with the mobile dock again and again.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20180714_165210.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20180714_165153.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20180714_165104.jpgFord Aspire : Official Review-img_20180714_165022.jpg

There is one issue though. I need to touch the proximity sensor whenever I need to wake up the phone. Any pointers to solve this issue?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 14th July 2018 at 17:26.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2018, 23:02   #1575
BANNED

Quote:

There is one issue though. I need to touch the proximity sensor whenever I need to wake up the phone. Any pointers to solve this issue?
I will suggest you to use Google Assistant for this purpose. I use the Google Assistant to play music, call someone, open maps, etc while I am driving.
It is easy to setup and I am sure you will find it helpful.

Most Viewed