Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2018, 14:01   #1666
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
The cost is per tyre. Did you also pay extra for the Michelins? My SA told that Ford has not even replaced a single tyre free of cost. They said I need to pay the difference.
I just happened to see your previous post stating that your car has run only for 8K kms. If the mileage is within 10K kms, you need not pay anything to get the tyres replaced. After 10K, the cost that the customer has to bear on his side increases with the mileage that the OE tyres have run.
I got the tyres replaced in my Aspire at 7K kms at free of cost. Beware, the SA is prone to initially tell you that you have to shell out the difference cost, at least that is what happened to me. Later I got it sorted out with Ford customer care.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:19   #1667
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
I just happened to see your previous post stating that your car has run only for 8K kms. If the mileage is within 10K kms, you need not pay anything to get the tyres replaced. After 10K, the cost that the customer has to bear on his side increases with the mileage that the OE tyres have run.
I got the tyres replaced in my Aspire at 7K kms at free of cost. Beware, the SA is prone to initially tell you that you have to shell out the difference cost, at least that is what happened to me. Later I got it sorted out with Ford customer care.
The customer care team told me that they have not replaced a single tyre without taking the difference money. Anyways I will call them and make this thing clear.
Old 12th September 2018, 14:24   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
The customer care team told me that they have not replaced a single tyre without taking the difference money. Anyways I will call them and make this thing clear.
Oh.. what a strange reply from them! You can see that many of the team-bhp'ians got their MRFs replaced at free of cost in the past 3 years. Not sure what has changed now. Or is it probably that the newer set of MRFs are noise-free and thus Ford has stopped replacing them at free of cost?? I am just speculating.
Old 12th September 2018, 14:28   #1669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh.. what a strange reply from them! You can see that many of the team-bhp'ians got their MRFs replaced at free of cost in the past 3 years. Not sure what has changed now. Or is it probably that the newer set of MRFs are noise-free and thus Ford has stopped replacing them at free of cost?? I am just speculating.
Free of cost might be from MRF to MRF with same specs, not from MRF to another brand. Here he wants to opt for another brand.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 14:40   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Free of cost might be from MRF to MRF with same specs, not from MRF to another brand. Here he wants to opt for another brand.
It doesn't matter. Even MRF to other brands (among Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear) that the dealer has in stock have been replaced by Ford at free of cost.
Old 12th September 2018, 14:47   #1671
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Quote:
It doesn't matter. Even MRF to other brands (among Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear) that the dealer has in stock have been replaced by Ford at free of cost.
I agree with samcan123. I have met a few people who got their tyres replaced free of cost as their cars had less than 10000 kms on the odo. Ford representative on the other hand wanted me to show them the prove. I think this will help.
Old 12th September 2018, 15:39   #1672
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sir can you please clear out one doubt. According to the Ford representative, you have not mentioned that you have not paid any cost of difference when you got your tyres replaced to MICHELINS. He says that as per company policy, he will get my tyres replaced to Apollo without any payment of the difference in value and if I want to change the tyre brand, I will have to pay the difference. I mentioned to him that everyone on the forum said that the tyre were replaced FREE OF COST but as a response he told me that free of cost means that the company will pay the value of the tyre, which is approx 4300 in my case. If I want michelins, I have to pay the difference of INR1000.

I request every member who got to their tyres replaced to please share whether they were required to pay any difference of cost for shifting from the OEM brand to the brand of our choice if our car had run for less than 10000kms.
Old 12th September 2018, 17:08   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Sir can you please clear out one doubt. According to the Ford representative, you have not mentioned that you have not paid any cost of difference when you got your tyres replaced to MICHELINS. He says that as per company policy, he will get my tyres replaced to Apollo without any payment of the difference in value and if I want to change the tyre brand, I will have to pay the difference. I mentioned to him that everyone on the forum said that the tyre were replaced FREE OF COST but as a response he told me that free of cost means that the company will pay the value of the tyre, which is approx 4300 in my case. If I want michelins, I have to pay the difference of INR1000.

I request every member who got to their tyres replaced to please share whether they were required to pay any difference of cost for shifting from the OEM brand to the brand of our choice if our car had run for less than 10000kms.
When I got my tyres replaced, the Ford representative told me that they would replace the tyres at free of cost (after I had to escalate the issue) but only among the options they provide. I was given an option to choose from Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear and I chose Michelin. Had I chosen some other brand like Yokohama, then I would have had to pay the difference. Since I chose from the options provided by Ford, I did not pay anything.
Old 12th September 2018, 17:53   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford representative told me that they would replace the tyres at free of cost (after I had to escalate the issue) but only among the options they provide. I was given an option to choose from Michelin, Bridgestone and Goodyear and I chose Michelin.
Guess all these options are similar in cost at that time and it makes sense to pay for additional expense.
Old 14th September 2018, 23:48   #1675
BANNED

A couple of weeks ago, I took my car to Ford workshop to rectify a weird vibration at around 1250 rpm. The problem was rectified but now I notice high vibrations at idle and even when I drive the car. They are so high that the seat itself vibrates. I am planning to take my car again to ASS and get it rectified but before going there, I will like to have idea of the root cause of this issue. Can someone suggest me what could be possibly wrong?

Last edited by GTO : 17th September 2018 at 08:22. Reason: Poor language & grammar
_nitink_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2018, 15:15   #1676
A M
BHPian

Both the headlights of my Aspire have started developing fog in small patches. Is that a known issue? The car is Jan, 2018 manufactured.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 15:51   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Both the headlights of my Aspire have started developing fog in small patches. Is that a known issue? The car is Jan, 2018 manufactured.
Yes, please search this thread for the same. Some were lucky to have got them replaced, but some including myself was denied a replacement. I didn't pursue further as I read that even the replacement did develop the issue afterwards.
Old 19th September 2018, 20:19   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
That's still happening??

Please complain to the service centre and ask for a replacement. Pursue it further if they deny replacement.

FYI, I have got my headlights replaced twice, and just yesterday I noticed that even the latest pair is starting to get affected. Ford really needs to improve the quality of the reflectors- atleast in the facelift.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 23:55   #1679
BHPian

My latest pair of headlights have started fogging too. They were replaced a few months back. And this time the fogging is much worse.

My car is out of warranty. Not sure how Ford is going to deal with that.

Also, not so long back I got my windshield changed as it got chipped by deflected stones on the road (under insurance) and got the wipers changed too (Motorcraft from Ford). The wipers have started leaving streaks on the windshield and wobbles while coming down. It is not a clean swipe. I am very particular about my windshield clarity
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:35   #1680
Senior - BHPian

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20180922wa0003.jpg

Found the perfect audio solution for the Ambiente variants. A robust dock built into a head unit that controls the phone.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4456564 (Pioneer launches SPH-C19BT Music System for Rs 7,150)
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed