Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2018, 21:48   #1681
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Can the Aspire facelift touchscreen system be installed in the old one? What could be the cost?
Old 8th October 2018, 19:02   #1682
BHPian

Recently, I have been struggling with Bluetooth connectivity issues. Anyone facing similar issues ? Got fixed ?
Symptoms :

- it's pops error messages
- frequent disconnection of active connection
- refusal to reconnect
Old 8th October 2018, 19:30   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Can the Aspire facelift touchscreen system be installed in the old one? What could be the cost?
The thing is, most of these ICE systems also cover off some car functions (door open warnings, etc.), and that is a function of the BCM (body control module - one of the many control units in the car, similar to the ECU).

So yes, you could put in the facelift touchscreen, but that is very likely to require the new BCM to go with it as well. And the BCM integrates a lot of functions in the passenger compartment (power windows, central locking, etc.), all of which will have to be checked for compatibility.

I'm not saying it can't be done (Gannu_1 for one has changed the BCM on his Polo GT, another person modified his BCM to enable cruise control), but it's just going to be a bit more involved.

Typically, these changes need information on compatibility, and it is often Europe that is the best source for Ford cars. However, the Figo is sold in very different trim levels there, so any information out there might not be relevant (it might not even exist, as the Figo is hardly an enthusiasts car in Europe, to be tinkered with).

So yes, it can be done. But there is also the chance that you'll find yourself in a Ship of Theseus situation, where you need to change more things to maintain compatibility, or modify things to forcefully make them compatible.

You'd be far better off buying a nice third-party dual DIN HU instead, and having a hassle-free plug-and-play installation, rather than attempting something that looks like a stock unit, but warrants much deeper changes.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 20:01   #1684
BHPian

Hi, I am hearing noise from the dashboard when the key is turned to pre-start mode (ignition is off). The sound feels like the noise produced by an old speaker (or a tiny fan for instance) but for sure the car's music system is off. It's not very audible so may be I missed it so far. Any idea from where this is coming from?
Old 8th October 2018, 20:06   #1685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
Hi, I am hearing noise from the dashboard when the key is turned to pre-start mode (ignition is off). The sound feels like the noise produced by an old speaker (or a tiny fan for instance) but for sure the car's music system is off. It's not very audible so may be I missed it so far. Any idea from where this is coming from?
Does your car have automatic climate control? If yes, then one of the ignition positions activates the louvres for the ACC, which might be this sound, if its from the dashboard. Maybe the hinges need lubrication, or something is caught in it.
Old 8th October 2018, 20:11   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I had asked the same question to Ford SA when I gave my Aspire for service. He said it would be possible and was supposed to call me back with the price. Still waiting for the call...
Ketan T is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 20:42   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
Quoting myself here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Has anyone heard creaking sounds while starting up the car, and when turning the knob to change the AC air flow direction. I did, and I showed it to the service centre. I was told that this was a common issue with older Fords and that greasing the motor should solve the problem. Today, I have been informed that the motor will be replaced under warranty.
I'm assuming you have the same problem. This is a known issue and my ac motor was replaced under warranty.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 23:12   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Recently, I have been struggling with Bluetooth connectivity issues. Anyone facing similar issues ? Got fixed ?
Symptoms :

- it's pops error messages
- frequent disconnection of active connection
- refusal to reconnect
I am facing issues 2 & 3 listed above since the time my Samsung A9 Pro got upgraded to Android 7 (September 2017). The Bluetooth gets deactivated after 2 or 3 calls. Need to restart the phone to get this reactivated.

Checked with the service advisor who blamed Android update for this anomaly. Will recheck when I get my car serviced next week.
murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 18:47   #1689
BHPian

Seems like my Bluetooth issue has got resolved now. The service advisor got the Bluetooth module reset done (no software update required as my car doesn't have sync), asked me to unpair and add the connection as a new device. Working seamlessly since last Friday.

Last edited by murthy_p : 15th October 2018 at 18:51. Reason: Fixing a typo
murthy_p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 20:54   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
Seems like my Bluetooth issue has got resolved now. The service advisor got the Bluetooth module reset done (no software update required as my car doesn't have sync), asked me to unpair and add the connection as a new device. Working seamlessly since last Friday.
Same case with me, they did a reset by removing battery terminals, working fine since then. I've told Ford that I am taking the vehicle only on observation basis not part of complaint resolution which they have acknowledged in writing.

My post in owner forums in FB attracted many comments and seems many are observing the issue.
Thilak29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 15:44   #1691
BHPian

Replaced the stock tyres, front suspension and radiator fan in my Aspire diesel.

Detailed report can be found in my ownership review: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4480235
auto_enthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:58   #1692
Team-BHP Support

One of my friend's Aspire Titanium+'s windscreen had a crack, he was on the highway and a stone hit the windscreen from a truck ahead.

The dealership for the past 15 days or so was making him run around and was giving false promise of [tomorrow which never came]. Asked good friend and BHPian Devdutt to step in. He asked someone and the issue was resolved in a jiffy.

Thanks to him and to whomever he reached out to . But, I was told that my friend was not contacting the right guy at the dealership. I politely differ here, he was contacting the guy who sits in the spare parts counter.

Any which way, I would like to thank the kind people again, who helped in this case. But also a sincere request, that these mundane issues should be resolved without any escalation. I was a very satisfied Ford customer. And who knows, the next ride maybe a Ford again.
Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 14:16   #1693
BHPian

I'm really confused if the its viable to left foot brake in the Figo and Aspire 1.5 Tdci MT, that is pressing both accelerator and brake pedals together and controlling the speed with the brake pedal.
I tried it a couple of times and there seems to be cut off of engine power for a moment.
Is it possible that the car is equipped with Brake Throttle Override or something equivalent.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 16:42   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Aspire 1.5 Tdci MT, that is pressing both accelerator and brake pedals together and controlling the speed with the brake pedal.
I'm curious to know in what scenario would this be required.

AFAIK it is counterproductive to do so, and I don't see any benefits of braking whilst simultaneously accelerating. I do understand that you wouldn't necessarily press the clutch when decelerating though, but that's different from what you have suggested.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2018, 17:49   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I'm curious to know in what scenario would this be required.

AFAIK it is counterproductive to do so, and I don't see any benefits of braking whilst simultaneously accelerating. I do understand that you wouldn't necessarily press the clutch when decelerating though, but that's different from what you have suggested.
Scenario could range anywhere from trying to give the best possible time at a track, where this sort of maneuver would save seconds of corners, or a fun and enticing drive on twisty ghat roads.
To take a turn, by utilizing weight shifting can only be achieved by this stint.

Question still stands, does the power-train allow it?
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed