Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2019, 16:35   #1741
BANNED

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Hi anyone knows the battery mah of Ford Aspire Petrol Automatic and which would be a good brand for the same. My battery has died after 27 months. Really pissed off with such poor life of original battery. I have used Exide for other car, it lasted for 6 years. Should I stick with Exide or is there any better one?

PS: Can’t check my car, as I’m travelling.
Old 5th January 2019, 16:47   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi anyone knows the battery mah of Ford Aspire Petrol Automatic and which would be a good brand for the same. My battery has died after 27 months. Really pissed off with such poor life of original battery. I have used Exide for other car, it lasted for 6 years. Should I stick with Exide or is there any better one?

PS: Can’t check my car, as I’m travelling.
Stick with Amaron. It is much better on an average. The stock battery usually has much lower / minimal AH so there will be excess drain due to some accessories.

You can use Amaron's https://www.batterywale.com/ portal to order using their online wizard that will recommend batteries based on your car model, and then will route your order to their nearest local dealer who will come and install the battery. What they recommend is -

Amaron AAM-FL-545106036 ( 45 Ah )
Warranty: 0-24 Months Free + 25-48 Months Pro-rata
Regular Price: 5679
With Out Old Battery Price : 5060
With Old Battery Price : 4310
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 20:59   #1743
Senior - BHPian

The A/C of my friend's Apsire was ineffective. He showed it to the A.S.S which came back stating the gas pressure is low and charged my friend 1k for refill. The excuse given by A.S.S was since the a/c was not used for close to a month (as mentioned by my friend) due to the ongoing winter season it caused the pressure to go low. The car is still under warranty.

Is this technically possible for the gas pressure to go down because the a/c was not used much? Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? The car is around 1 year old and done close to 20k kms. What should have been done by my friend in this case? He had little choice but to pay for a/c charging on a 1 year old car.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th January 2019 at 09:43. Reason: Corrected typo as requested.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 01:52   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Is this technically possible for the gas pressure to go down because the a/c was not used much? Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? The car is around 1 year old and done close to 20k kms. What should have been done by my friend in this case? He had little choice but to pay for a/c charging on a 1 year old car.
As far as I know, A/C gas fall under consumable item. So one would need to pay for it. However it's a closed loop system like home A/C. Gas pressure can't go low by its own. There must be some leak somewhere in the system. Service centre isn't telling the truth about the diagnostic. One can accept the loss of pressure after few years of use, but one year / 20k KM's is way too early unless there is a leak.

They should find the leak and unless that leak is due to some physical damage (like accident or tampering), your friend is eligible for warranty on that repair.

Thanks.

P.S. I think technically it is called A/C refrigerant.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th January 2019 at 09:43. Reason: quoted post edited
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 06:16   #1745
Senior - BHPian

More than a leak I guess your friend or his ASC haven't changed the car AC filter. The Ford service interval for this filter is 20k km, and if that 20k is covered over a long time it can get filthy + clog the evaporator (cooling coil) causing a drop in cooling. Running the ac without using recirculation mode is also a bad thing - many people don't seem to know how to use climate control AC at all, just turn the temperature way down and fan way high - but recirculating / auto mode remains off, leading to a drop in cooling efficiency.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 08:33   #1746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The A/C of my friend's Apsire was ineffective. The car is still under warranty.

He had little choice but to pay for a/c charging on a 1 year car.
The gas quantity would not reduce unless there is a leak somewhere. What has happened most probably is that the AC filter is clogged, thus reducing the cooling effeciency. So I guess the ASS just pulled a trick that every roadside AC technician has always been doing - gas refill.

Under warranty they should cover everything other than accidental damage and wear and tear items. Write to Ford Customer Care and complain. If the ASS has raised a job card and issued the invoice, then your friend is sure to get a feedback call from the company. Let them know then.

There will surely be actions and reactions.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:25   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
@Mods I am not sure which thread to use for this post. So if required, please move my post to any appropriate thread.

Couple of days ago I received a call from Saini Ford Kolkata regarding a Ford India event scheduled on 29/12/2018 at Swissotel Kolkata. The caller informed me about the event regarding my car purchased from their dealership. Thinking about this as a Ford feedback event, I agreed to attend and I received their official invitation via SMS. (which is attached below).
Did you talk to Abhik Roy of Saini Ford on that ? One day I was there at Saini Ford and talking to him when one customer called him on his cell to blast him for giving off the details of customers to Club Mahindra.
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 10:18   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
Did you talk to Abhik Roy of Saini Ford on that ? One day I was there at Saini Ford and talking to him when one customer called him on his cell to blast him for giving off the details of customers to Club Mahindra.
I guess I wasn't alone. Even in that even venue too, everyone seemed really upset with Ford and this dealership for selling their personal information to Club Mahindra. Not just that, they completely mislead everyone for attending the event using Ford brand name. I didn't call the dealership people but I did register my protest with Ford India directly.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 15:28   #1749
BHPian

Cross posting from the Figo thread as it is a drivetrain related issue and both cars have the exact same drivetrains and the Aspire has many more owners whose help I could use a lot.

I own a Ford Figo, Tdci. The car is 2.5 years old and I have driven it just about 85500kms.

So, this morning in the midst of rainfall and waterlogged roads, I was on my way to work when I felt that the 1st and 2nd gear felt difficult to engage.
A little later, while stuck in stop-go traffic, while shifting from 1st to 2nd, the car refused to slot in the 2nd gear and all attempts resulted in the gear stick being pushed out of the slot.
I attempted to apply third gear and the car did allow me to slot in the third gear but the lever has been stuck there since.
It seems like there is no place for it move, the clutch however fine as I was to move the car in 3rd gear from standstill 3-4 times, before moving her to Ford Service Centre

The people at Ford, suggested that my clutch will definitely need replacement.
It happened today itself and the car is with them as they are figuring out the problem.

What do you guys think resulted in this situation? I have been driving her only in and around Delhi.

Are 85k kms enough to wear out the clutch?

Any other suggestions and advice would be of great help.

Thank You
Old 24th January 2019, 16:40   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
It seems like there is no place for it move, the clutch however fine as I was to move the car in 3rd gear from standstill 3-4 times, before moving her to Ford Service Centre

The people at Ford, suggested that my clutch will definitely need replacement.
It happened today itself and the car is with them as they are figuring out the problem.

What do you guys think resulted in this situation? I have been driving her only in and around Delhi.

Are 85k kms enough to wear out the clutch?

Any other suggestions and advice would be of great help.

Thank You
It will most probably be the clutch worn out. Same happened with my BALENO few months back. However problem arises from bit difficult to slot in first gear to almost impossible to slot within 100-200 kms of city drive. Though I was able to slot in third gear most of the time which I did in one of the traffic situations, picked up the speed from zero in Third gear due to this issue.
My clutch worn out happened way too early hardly 25k driven, and as per my driving habits I know that I don't ride the clutch and was surprised with such an early clutch worn out. After the replacement, which I got it done in my presence, slotting the gears is again butter smooth. Total expense came out around 8k.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 21:54   #1751
Senior - BHPian

For those of you trying to swap your Figo/Aspire suspension to that of the 'S' variants, please refer to the post in the Official Review of Figo here (Ford Figo : Official Review)
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 09:27   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Attachment 1476424
I did the following steps to resolve my bluetooth issue-

1.Manually disabled the 'bluetooth' from the car HU.
2.Deleted pairing data from both the HU and the phone .
3.Performed 'master reset' and this took 1-2 mins to complete and a message that 'master reset complete' was displayed and Bluetooth got turned on automatically after reset.
4.Switched off the HU,got out and locked the car.
5.Waited a few mins,unlocked the car and booted up the HU.
6.HU takes its own sweet time to boot up completely and execute all command inputs correctly.So please give it some time before you try re-pairing the phone again.
7.Paired the phone and it worked normally this time.

However sync seems to have a mind of its own as the phone again got disconnected within a day.Had to perfrom master reset again and thereafter it is working normally again (touchwood).I had updated my Android Lollipop 5.1.1 to Marshmallow a few days ago,and sync is working normally with it.

I am facing a similar issue. Last time i encountered it I followed the steps you suggested and it continued to work for a few months, further reading suggests disconnecting the battery for a while or removing HU fuse can help. I am wondering if anybody has found a better (read: less inconvenient) alternative.
Old 28th February 2019, 21:03   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting form my ownership thread ;

When I was inspecting the engine bay for any unwanted activities since last few weeks, a squirrel has been trying to make a nest on the top of my engine. This after rats and cats have come and gone over time. Thankfully, till date nothing has been damaged.

On closer inspection , I saw the EGR sensor covered with oil(sweat) and bit of oil sweat on the EGR valve actuator as well. I am not sure if this is something to do with the rodents or because I have got the EGR valve blocked fully recently. It wasn't there earlier to that. My guess is that it is the oil from PCV which comes through the intake which earlier would have got burnt after getting mixed with the exhaust from the EGR. I am thinking if I should inform this when I give the car for the annual service this week or let it be since the EGR is blocked anyway.

Old 14th March 2019, 20:39   #1754
BHPian

My Ford Figo Aspire 1.5 TDCi went for its second yearly service. There wasn't any issue to report so general 20k/2year schedule maintenance carried out.

Engine Oil replacement
Engine Oil Filter replacement
Engine Oil drain nut/washer replacement
Air Filter replacement
A/C Cabin filter replacement.
Brake oil flush & replacement.
Along with general paid service.

Ford is sticking to their service price promise. Advertised charge is around 5.5k & actual bill came at Rs. 4966/-.

Over all quality of work is satisfactory apart from the choice of engine oil at the dealership. I am unhappy about their use of Castrol brand since as per Castrol India website, there are no Castrol model matching WSS-M2C913-D specification of Ford 1.5L TDCi oil requirement.

Off late, there is one issue I am facing. Its really hard to replicate. Infact I have faced it only a couple of times. If the car is driven in hard city traffic of Kolkata for more than 120+ kms non stop, there is mild (clutch?) shuddering/juddering while releasing/crawling in 1st gear. I have driven much more in highway condition but no issues there.

I reported this at the time of service but they couldn't find any issue with clutch. They took longer test drive and kept on insisting about the clutch being as good as it should be. I didn't argue much since I knew its impossible for me to replicate. However they said if it comes back, they would keep the car for further detailed inspection.

There is only one pending work due to spare availability. Headlight warranty for burn patch on upper side of the reflector. They promised to inform me & send their mechanic at my place for replacement work when its available.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-01.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 00:28   #1755
BHPian

Sorry for back to back post. @Mods, kindly merge them if required.

Showroom stuck to their promise. Headlights were replaced under warranty within two days of the service.

One interesting thing about the new pair of lights, they have a slight gap between the main reflector & parking+indicator section.

May be this will solve the issue once for all.

Lastly, although I am unhappy about Castrol, but after putting up few KM's on the oddo, engine feels really responsive. Rev counter is responding lighting quick to A pedal inputs. May be this is purely mental issue since the car has just got new filters & oil after a whole year.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20190316_17113901.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks