Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th January 2020, 21:22   #1831
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post

The car was driven aggressively throughout the trip but still managed to get a FE of 22 kmpl. FE was the last thing on my mind but glad that even after such high speed driving, the car managed to return such good FE figures.

The more I drive this car.... The more I want to drive it
Could you tell me what rpms you were at?

The highest I have got was close to 20kmpl one time and that was by keeping the speed at 100 kmh with great difficulty for a distance.

Last edited by tharian : 26th January 2020 at 21:33.
Old 26th January 2020, 21:50   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

The highest I have got was close to 20kmpl one time and that was by keeping the speed at 100 kmh with great difficulty for a distance.
Yeah I'm interested as well in rpms. It's not exactly the same car but my ES TDCi drops FE like hot potatoes the moment I get even a little bit heavy with my foot. It's best driven at 80-100 KPH at around 1900-2200 rpms in 5th from my experience. Anything above 2.5k and you see the FE hit.
TDCi'd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 22:08   #1833
BHPian

Quote:

Mine is the ambiente variant, so no tachometer for me but I guess the RPM was between 2500 to 3000 RPM and if I'm not wrong, 100 comes up at close to 2200 RPM. Speeds were <100 from Surat to Vapi and from Vapi to Thane was 100 to 120, depending upon the traffic. While on the expressway it was different ball game all together

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Yeah I'm interested as well in rpms. It's not exactly the same car but my ES TDCi drops FE like hot potatoes the moment I get even a little bit heavy with my foot. It's best driven at 80-100 KPH at around 1900-2200 rpms in 5th from my experience. Anything above 2.5k and you see the FE hit.
As mentioned earlier, my car does not have a tachometer so can't give you the exact RPM but approx figures are given in the above post.

Agreed to your point that fuel efficiency drops post 2500 RPM but by then you already reach 120 kmph. My uncle too has EcoSport diesel but even though it shares the same engine as the Aspire, fuel efficiency is nearly down by 4 to 5 kmpl in the EcoSport. This I'm saying after a trip from Bombay to Rajasthan wherein the speeds were in the range of 100 to 120 kmph and we managed a FE of 16 kmpl for the entire trip.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th January 2020 at 22:48. Reason: back to back posts merged
auto_enthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 22:29   #1834
BANNED

Quote:

I have got a mileage of 32 kmpl (without AC) on an expressway with speeds not more than 90 kmph. I on purpose drove it with an intention to keep the car just between 1800-2200 RPM so that the torque helps the car to keep motion.

This was around 150 KMs and with the only intention to check what best mileage the car can return. I had a pic which got lost due to a factory reset.

Another instance was a good 1500 kms drive from Mumbai to Goa and back. In the entire trip I managed to get an average of 22 kmpl with 90% of the time having the AC switched on. Maintained good speeds of about 100-120 kmph on highways and drove enthusiastically on the curvy roads of Konkan. One of my finest drives till date and all thanks to my Figo S TDCI.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 08:07   #1835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I have got a mileage of 32 kmpl (without AC) on an expressway with speeds not more than 90 kmph. I on purpose drove it with an intention to keep the car just between 1800-2200 RPM so that the torque helps the car to keep motion.

This was around 150 KMs and with the only intention to check what best mileage the car can return. I had a pic which got lost due to a factory reset.

Another instance was a good 1500 kms drive from Mumbai to Goa and back. In the entire trip I managed to get an average of 22 kmpl with 90% of the time having the AC switched on. Maintained good speeds of about 100-120 kmph on highways and drove enthusiastically on the curvy roads of Konkan. One of my finest drives till date and all thanks to my Figo S TDCI.
It is a different figure when you check by tankful-tankful method which is what I go by. The figures showing on the MID depends on your accelerator input and is an average since you last reset it.

All the figures I quote are from tankfuls and is an average over varied driving conditions. If I drive from bunk to bunk on a highway with less traffic for 100 kms at 100 kmph, I am sure I can get a good efficiency figure as well
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 08:20   #1836
BANNED

Quote:
It is a different figure when you check by tankful-tankful method which is what I go by.
I filled the tank with first cut at the start of the expressway and after driving for nearly 150 kms, on return filled it again till first cut at the same fuel station. This is how I calculated the mileage of 32 kmpl. But as mentioned earlier, it was purely an exercise to know the higher limit of the car. I drove it like a baby cart is pushed. Avoiding braking, using engine braking, no hard acceleration and cruising at 80-90 kmph with AC switched off.

Recently I did the same exercise but drove the car like I usually do. I have a bad habit of excessive braking which I am trying to rectify. TFTE method gave me a mileage of 17.5 kmpl with AC and some really enthusiastic driving.

I have done this exercise quite a few times and with varied driving styles and road conditions. I am highly impressed with the TDCI engine. It has never given me anything less than 17 kmpl till date. Mind you I live in Mumbai, so even in bumper to bumper traffic the engine has not been a skinflint.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 15:30   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Of recent, I'm getting wind noise / whistling sound inside the cabin while going above 70 kmph. Feels like it's coming from the right side but i have not been able to find the source or a draft of wind. Any guesses?
One friend had a noise issue at slightly higher speeds. The Ford folks found a leak near the headlight which caused the issue and rectified it.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 16:11   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Sames goes for the Old Figo 1.4 TCDi Engine, 2200 rpms is the max for milage, could be due to the SOHC nature maybe?
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed