Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 10:13   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Hey guys, has anyone managed to find Iridium Spark Plugs for the Aspire / Figo? I hear it improves the low end a little, but am unable to find such plugs anywhere!!
Old 16th February 2021, 12:52   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hey guys, has anyone managed to find Iridium Spark Plugs for the Aspire / Figo?
Hello,

I have used Iridium / Bosch Dual Header plugs extensively in different bikes with mixed results.

One of the learning that I had was its not just the plugs one would need for effective result, but that cable (distributor cable I think) which comes from ignition coil to the plugs needs to be changed too with some higher end stuff.

That produces good results.

That is the biggest hurdle, as it is difficult to source compatible & that matching high quality cable. Some bike models have ready stuff where as some are very hard to find.

Quote:
but am unable to find such plugs anywhere!!
https://www.championparts.in/Product...t-vehicle.html

https://www.ngkntk.in/ngk-iridium-spark-plugs/

https://ap.boschaftermarket.com/in/e...s/spark-plugs/

With my two wheeler experience of trial n error, I have seen that above mentioned companies doesn't always list the spark plug spare parts number for all vehicles. If you carry one of your existing plug as sample to their dealers, they would manually match it & find one suitable fit.

Often plugs are shared between different vehicles but these companies doesn't update their website / parts catalog.

Lastly, apart from Iridium, there are Double Iridium, Platinum and Double Platinum Plugs too.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 11:54   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, has anyone managed to find Iridium Spark Plugs for the Aspire / Figo? I hear it improves the low end a little, but am unable to find such plugs anywhere!!
Iridium plugs on the a normal petrol engine will not make much of a difference and I don't think there is a size for the Ford petrol engine. Iridium plugs are used on high compression engines since it lasts more with the heat and performs well. On a normal NA engine, fitting it may cause under-performance.

I would suggest instead to go for platinum plugs which should be available for this engine since I had changed to NGK Platinum plugs on my old petrol Figo and it did improve the smoothness and a little bit on low end torque too. The main advantage being, they would last a long time before you need to replace them.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:28   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
For the old EcoSport, new Figo, Aspire and Freestyle, here's a post on Facebook who has installed it in his car. It's Idumbakumar who did this mod in his pre facelift EcoSport.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ecospo...9421188127200/
Hope this might help all those who are on the fence for cruise control in the mentioned models.
Old 15th April 2021, 10:20   #1880
BHPian

Completed the 1,00,000 kms mark in my Aspire TDCi this month. Car has been trouble-free throughout. *Touchwood*

Details of the ownership can be found here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5042834
auto_enthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 01:31   #1881
BHPian

Ford Service and Spares cost never cease to surprise me. Its cheaper than servicing my 2008 Santro

I have a Diesel Aspire Sports. I unfortunately hit a dog who ran onto the road from the bushes and he slammed straight into my drivers side fog light and the surrounding plastic bumper. Thankfully, i then saw him limping away so i hope he is allright

Got back home and inspected the damage. The Fog Light as well as the housing were cracked. And the bumper had come off its hinges slightly at the spot below the driver side mirror where the car frame meets the plastic bumper. I checked on the Ford Website and they quoted 5500 Rupees for a set of two fog lamps excluding tax and fitting costs although it was for the recently face-lifted Aspire

I expected to blow up 6000 rupees for something I rarely use but thats life. So i was pleasantly surprised when the service station said Ford sold one single foglight and its housing separately and the total cost including fitting was 1460 rupees. They also put reinstalled the bumper back into the hinges.

Not bad at all. Even then 45000 kilometre service i did recently cost me 8500 rupees including an optional wheel balancing and alignment. Hyundai would routinely charge me the same amount approximately for my 2008 Santro ERLx while our 2002 Hyundai Accent GVS servicing cost somewhere around 12000 rupees. My sister's Creta Petrol rarely comes back with a sub 16000 rupee bill.

This is a 2018 Aspire Diesel and the service cost has never touched 5 digits till now. Nice company, good cars, value for money servicing and spares. I recommended the Figo Petrol recently to my friend who completed 10000 kilometers and he also had nice things to say about them.

Hope they stay in India. Would love to pick up a Creta/Seltos sized Ford SUV in the future - a bigger Ecosport maybe.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 1st June 2021 at 01:43.
rahul4321 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 19:57   #1882
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi guys, my Aspire has developed a noise on turning the steering. I had given it to the service centre and they have reported that water has entered the steering rack and it needs to be replaced. Can water enter steering rack and damage it? Is steering rack failure an issue of faulty manufacturing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I have to pay for it! Its due to water logging they say. I did have to travel through 2 feet deep water twice in the recent Kerala floods.
Hey man. Did you have to pay for the replacement ultimately? How much was the damage to the wallet?

Quote:
Before you pay for the replacement, please watch this video:

https://Youtu.be/D7F53DYoNFo

Is the noise from your steering, the same as this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is this a known issue?

My car has a similar but very low sound which I have a feeling will lead to this sooner or later.
For now I can hear it only if the surroundings are quiet.
Hey guys, were you both able to get the replacement done? If yes, was it covered under warranty/ extended warranty? If no, how much was the damage to the wallet?

My 4 year old, 25k run Figo has developed the same issue. I have made a video of the same-

The sound is very similar to the sound observed in Sam's video-

What was the diagnosis given by Ford?
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 22:07   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hey guys, were you both able to get the replacement done? If yes, was it covered under warranty/ extended warranty? If no, how much was the damage to the wallet?

My 4 year old, 25k run Figo has developed the same issue. I have made a video of the same-

In my case, the sound disappeared by itself and didn't notice it till date. It was there for a short while only, especially when the car was parked in the sun.

In your case, maybe it is just a matter of some greasing and probably you can take it to a FNG and get it diagnosed first.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 14:41   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

My steering rack was replaced under warranty and I had to pay nothing.

You better claim it soon as we don't know what will happen in the coming days regarding dealerships. Not everyone will be able to maintain just the service centres with no sales.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 17:13   #1885
BHPian

Guys, need your advice for my Aspire TDCi done 1.07L kms.

Off late the FE of car has dropped by nearly 3 kmpl, whether in city or on highway. Nowadays the car has been driven on highway 90% of the time. Driving conditions are same and literally everything is the same. I had a doubt regarding the EGR, so got it cleaned at the service centre but it was of no use. I've been filling fuel regularly from a COCO bunk and changed that too, but without any gain. Got all the fuel lines and leakages checked at the service centre but everything was intact. The drop in FE was noticed after the 1L kms service only.

Any pointers on what could be the reason? Will diesel additives help? I've never used one so bit sceptical in using it on a high-mileage car.

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 2nd October 2021 at 17:16.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:06   #1886
BHPian

Hello members.

Could someone please tell me the specifications of the coolant used in the Ford Aspire Diesel?

Also, the 50,000 km periodic service is coming up in a couple of weeks. I would be getting the car serviced from my usual FNG, and buy all the OEM parts off the counter myself.
Anything particular I should check / ensure to get done?

All & any recommendation(s) are welcome.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:32   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Also, the 50,000 km periodic service is coming up in a couple of weeks. I would be getting the car serviced from my usual FNG, and buy all the OEM parts off the counter myself.
Anything particular I should check / ensure to get done? .
Hello,

As per Ford Schedule, there is no mention of coolant change for 50k kms scheduled service

I have got my Aspire TDCi serviced from Ford ASS for 5th year annual service & schedule wise, it is just Oil / Oil Filter & that drain nut gasket.

Ford ASS stuck to their service promise website & Rs. 4.3k was the final bill.

Secondly, if you may notice in the owners manual, following information is shared about the coolant / antifreeze fluid

WSS-M97B44-D

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20211215112558.jpg

However, there seems to be zero availability online. Not sure if Ford sales coolant packs too or not. Please do post the picture & parts number if you do find Ford selling this item from their spare counter.

Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:07   #1888
BHPian

Today had to remove and reconnect the battery and after that whenever the AC button is switched off, the recirculation stops and changes to fresh air mode. If the AC button is pressed again, it starts working in fresh air mode only and one has to manually press the recirculation button. Earlier I kept the AC switching off and on and it didn't had any effect on recirculation. Earlier the battery was removed and reconnected 2-3 times but didn't encounter this bug. What could have happened?
Old 16th December 2021, 22:46   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Today had to remove and reconnect the battery and after that whenever the AC button is switched off, the recirculation stops and changes to fresh air mode. If the AC button is pressed again, it starts working in fresh air mode only and one has to manually press the recirculation button. Earlier I kept the AC switching off and on and it didn't had any effect on recirculation. Earlier the battery was removed and reconnected 2-3 times but didn't encounter this bug. What could have happened?
Hello,

If I remember correctly, Power & A/C buttons are located vertically one after another, starting with Power button from bottom up.

Pressing both of these buttons will start the climate control but only power button can turn off the system. Pressing A/C button on a running system will only turn off or turn on the A/C compressor.

Now as far as I can recall, if the climate control Temp is set above the out side temp, usually pressing the A/C botton for system turn on, may always turn the A/C on without recirculation, however if you turn on the system using power button located below the A/C button, irrespective of the system temp, it will turn on with previous mode remembered.

Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 23:25   #1890
BHPian

So turning off the ac, also turning off the recirculation is due to the winters? It's about 15 degrees outside and the temperature was set at around 23 degrees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks