Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 10:03   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Installed the ICE yesterday at Car Decor Mangalore. I'll post the details in my ownership thread but here are a few pics of the cars internals.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151107_121133.jpg
under the dock area.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151107_121138.jpg
Opening the door pad

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151107_121822.jpg
Front door with power window components.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151107_123059.jpg
Manual back door

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151107_155656.jpg
With the speaker installed.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 20:34   #407

Finally got my car. After a year year stint with my Santro automatic this was a rather big upgrade.

Some pics from the showroom, RTA, and finally at my parking. I still catch myself admiring the car while walking up to it. And feels go to get some stares at the car for all the right reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-c1.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-c2.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-c3.jpg  

vikrammohan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:50   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
They have said as much over phone and in the letter.

This is not a case of oversight but of cheating. Because even the dealers are in the dark about the matter. My dealer was shocked when they confirmed the matter.

They couldn't skimp on the air bags because it's one of the advertised, salient features - but a missing anti roll bar is easy to hide.

My conundrum now is - should I still go for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
Finally got my car. After a year year stint with my Santro automatic this was a rather big upgrade.

Some pics from the showroom, RTA, and finally at my parking. I still catch myself admiring the car while walking up to it. And feels go to get some stares at the car for all the right reasons.
Many congratulations @vikrammohan. Ruby Red car looks great on Aspire according to me Which engine option have you opted for? I am taking delivery of the same colour 1.2L trend version from Fortune Ford in Tolichowki next week. Did you get any offers from Vibrant Ford apart from the free comprehensive insurance & 3rd year ext warranty?
Old 10th November 2015, 10:03   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin88 View Post
Many congratulations @vikrammohan. Ruby Red car looks great on Aspire according to me Which engine option have you opted for? I am taking delivery of the same colour 1.2L trend version from Fortune Ford in Tolichowki next week. Did you get any offers from Vibrant Ford apart from the free comprehensive insurance & 3rd year ext warranty?
Went for the 1.5 DCT.

Unfortunately I had booked long ago before the offer. Feel cheated. Took the car through a company lease so the insurance is taken by the lease company directly.

Planning an Outer Ring Road trip today.
Old 11th November 2015, 14:48   #410
Senior - BHPian

Discovered something behind the back bumper. Probably some damping material but looks like over sized sanitary pads. Its made of cloth and I wonder how long it will last.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151111_135642.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151111_135728.jpg  

samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 16:27   #411
BHPian

So the Figo comes with pads to tide over its "infancy"!!. But seriously, is it safe to have such a thing in that position. All Aspire owners please check.

By the way, I saw a silver Aspire on Udupi-Manipal road, the other day(Sunday, I think). I was wondering whether it was yours.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 19:35   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
By the way, I saw a silver Aspire on Udupi-Manipal road, the other day(Sunday, I think). I was wondering whether it was yours.
If it's the one without the number plate then it's most definitely me. (My house is at Manipal and office at Udupi and it will be parked near Sanskrit College).
There is another silver one around Santhekatte.

BTW what's your ride. I'll look out for it.
Old 11th November 2015, 19:46   #413
BHPian

Finally got the Aspire the day before. It is the diesel with Trend trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20151109wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by shibu : 11th November 2015 at 19:47. Reason: additional details
shibu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 22:46   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Discovered something behind the back bumper. Probably some damping material but looks like over sized sanitary pads. Its made of cloth and I wonder how long it will last.
Nice observation.
I found them under my Aspire too and they have become dirty. What kind of dampers could it be?
Old 11th November 2015, 23:09   #415
BHPian

Quote:
If it's the one without the number plate then it's most definitely me. (My house is at Manipal and office at Udupi and it will be parked near Sanskrit College).
There is another silver one around Santhekatte.

BTW what's your ride. I'll look out for it.
I have seen it near the Sanskrit college also. Mine is silver Figo 1st gen. It has a LCLC tbhp sticker on the back bumper.

Back to the pad thingy. Would it be a fire hazard?
Old 11th November 2015, 23:47   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Back to the pad thingy. Would it be a fire hazard?
Don't think so. There is good gap between this and the exhaust pipe. I want to know why it is there. Can any other aspire owner confirm its existence.
Old 13th November 2015, 08:51   #417

Was dismayed at the latest Aspire sales figures (Article.

Anyone has a theory why the car isn't doing anywhere near as good as we (I?) had hoped? Is it just an uninformed car buyer who wants to play safe with Dzire? Is there poor word of mouth or marketing from Ford?
Old 13th November 2015, 10:10   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
Was dismayed at the latest Aspire sales figures (Article.

Anyone has a theory why the car isn't doing anywhere near as good as we (I?) had hoped? Is it just an uninformed car buyer who wants to play safe with Dzire? Is there poor word of mouth or marketing from Ford?
I would attribute mediocre sales numbers to following points:

1) Informed car buyer who wants to play safe with Dzire (VFM & better after sales myth is hard to break in case of MS)

2) Lack of aggressive marketing by Ford, driving uninformed buyers towards Hyundai Xcent and Honda Amaze, as they started early from Navratri/Dussehra offering good deals up to Diwali. It remains to be seen if Ford's strategy to include Figo Aspire under festive offer pays off in any ways to boost Nov'15 sales figures.

3) Not many customers need a diesel car which is fun to drive in case of Figo Aspire, at the same time petrol engine has being reported to lack the punch.

4) I also feel that many hatchback owners who would have being confused between upgrading to a premium hatchback or compact sedan may also swing their choice towards Baleno because practically it is a fresh offering from Maruti Suzuki in terms of design after a very long time.
Going by orgasmic response Baleno is getting in terms of foot fall at Nexa outlets and equally strong booking trend, Ford has an uphill challenge in positioning this product against rapidly changing buyer sentiment.

On another note also wanted to add this observation - Dzire sales figures are boosted by inclusion of regular (non Dzire-Tour) variant in a rapidly expanding private cab fleet business, so other CS competitors are never going pose challenge in dethroning Dzire from numero-uno position anytime in near future.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:16   #419
Senior - BHPian

Heartbreak...
It had to happen someday, but did not expect it so soon. The car has not even got its number yet.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151115_100231.jpg

Some bloody #!&** dented the left passenger door, while it was parked.
Just 14 days old...
Breaks my heart every time I see it.
Old 15th November 2015, 23:28   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Heartbreak...
It had to happen someday, but did not expect it so soon. The car has not even got its number yet.
Attachment 1439907

Some bloody #!&** dented the left passenger door, while it was parked.
Just 14 days old...
Breaks my heart every time I see it.
That's really distressing, I also keep dreading it knowing it would happen to my Aspire some day.

Had a flat tyre last night and got duped by a local puncture shop near Kharadi, to be honest I willingly gave into the robbery, because I was returning from a friends place at around 10:30 pm and had a doubt of some noise coming from tyre while on the way to his place early in the evening, I got out to check once but could not figure out if there was any puncture.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-p_20151114_221536.jpg

This guy damaged tyre valve even before checking for puncture, then charged me 400 bucks for a valve I disputed with him citing it was no way so expensive, I thought of driving off from there by replacing punctured tyre with spare wheel but most tyre shops who repair punctures in my vicinity without cheating like these tin shed outlets were keeping closed for Diwali weekend. Then he fixed a wide cut with double seal and then started pretending to check for another puncture and like most scamsters tried hard to convince me that there was one more puncture by forcefully poking another hole, in the end paid 700 bucks to reach back home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks