Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 17:43   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin88 View Post
AFAIK, these monthly figures which are reported monthly in TBHP forum (11,813 - consolidated figure) are the ones shipped to dealer. So, i believe that the actual units delivered to the customer should be lesser than this. Correct me if am wrong.. I am really puzzled about Ford's claim of 15K during the 3 month period!!

Yes the claim of 15K units sold by Ford is the dispatches to the dealers and not the actual units sold. I can vouch for this since I am taking delivery of the Aspire 1.2L Trend on Monday from Chennai Ford which is a September manufactured car according to the VIN. So probably it reached Chennai Ford yard in October and being invoiced in November to customer!
Old 29th November 2015, 17:22   #452
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
You should press the clutch when braking at very low speeds (under 10kmph in first, 15 in second...), otherwise the engine will try to fight you back by trying to prevent stalling.

Can you confirm that you're using the clutch along with the brakes?
Tried this out today in 2nd gear with about 15 kmph speed. As you said the brakes work when clutch is pressed but is rock hard other wise.
Old 29th November 2015, 21:18   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowes View Post
Tried this out today in 2nd gear with about 15 kmph speed. As you said the brakes work when clutch is pressed but is rock hard other wise.
Then this is absolutely normal. You just need to modify your driving style a little!
Old 30th November 2015, 12:57   #454
Senior - BHPian

FE update on the 1.2 Petrol

Full Tank 1:
ODO reading 69 to 510 - 11.56 km/l
This was all town driving of 5 km stretches between Home and Office. (No bumper to bumper traffic) + 2 highway trips of 60 kms
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151110_224742.jpg

Full Tank 2:
ODO reading 510 to 923 - 11.86 km/l
This was the same town driving + 1 long trip of 162.5 km via ghats. That trip to Chikmagalur gave me 13.3 km/l at an average 36 km/h.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151129_194028.jpg

Observations:
What I have noticed is being very light on the accelerator will give very good FE, but this is possible only on long, straight stretches. But as the engine is lethargic, constant gear changes on roads with traffic will kill the FE.

Since I'm still in the running in period I have been careful about not revving the engine too much (Can't comment on the RPM reading as it's absent in the Ambinete variant)

Last edited by samaspire : 30th November 2015 at 13:00.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 22:06   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Installed the ICE yesterday at Car Decor Mangalore. I'll post the details in my ownership thread but here are a few pics of the cars internals.
Attachment 1436777
under the dock area.

Attachment 1436778
Opening the door pad

Attachment 1436779
Front door with power window components.

Attachment 1436780
Manual back door

Attachment 1436781
With the speaker installed.
Hi Samaspire, Can you share few pics of the dashboard after the installation of the head unit. I am also considering the base version of Aspire.
stable rock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:33   #456
BHPian

Took delivery of the White Aspire 1.2L Trend this evening from Chennai Ford. Booking to delivery process took just 1 week. Though I could have got the delivery earlier it got delayed by a couple days as I had applied for a preferred number. Chennai Ford SA gave a very good service right from the booking to the delivery.

This car looks a stunner in white! (Not able to upload the pic showing some error)

DTE is showing 266kms after a tank full of 39 litres. That's shocking. Maybe it might improve as I was driving through evening traffic.

@samspire - impressive mileage you getting from your car. Hopefully I get there soon!
sameer sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 00:09   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Hi Samaspire, Can you share few pics of the dashboard after the installation of the head unit. I am also considering the base version of Aspire.
I'm compiling my ownership review that will have all the pictures plus a detailed review of what's missing in the base variant. It should be up in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Took delivery of the White Aspire 1.2L Trend this evening from Chennai Ford. Booking to delivery process took just 1 week.

@samspire - impressive mileage you getting from your car. Hopefully I get there soon!
Congratulations and welcome to the club. You are lucky to have got a good dealer - this will definitely make for a very happy ownership experience.

DTE is probably calculated based on the avg mileage. This was probably 7 or 8 when you took delivery of the car. This will only improve as you get used to, and learn to manage the lethargic low end.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 09:45   #458
BHPian

If I was to consider a Aspire Titanium+, what sort of discount should I be bargaining for?
Hopefully the free insurance and extended warranty would be carried over into December.
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:33   #459
BHPian

Attaching some pictures of my Figo Aspire 1.2L Trend. Upgraded the tires to Continental Contact 5 185/60R15 with Neo Alloys.I have noticed the ground clearance has increased after fixing higher profile tires.Have driven about 40kms since taking delivery day before, the engine is really smooth. The drive is comfortable. Was not able to drive much due to the Chennai Rains.

My First Look at Chennai Ford
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fa1.jpg

Rear Profile
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fa2.jpg

After fixing Conti tires and Neo Alloys and yes you can see the effect of Chennai Floods too!!
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fa3.jpg

Just after driving out from Chennai Ford
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fa4.jpg

The dash console is simple and understated to my liking.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fa5.jpg
sameer sultan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:09   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you can see the effect of Chennai Floods too!!
Looks better with those alloys.
Best of luck and keep it away from the flood waters.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 08:58   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
If I was to consider a Aspire Titanium+, what sort of discount should I be bargaining for?Hopefully the free insurance and extended warranty would be carried over into December.
You can certainly bargain for free insurance and extended warranty as Dec-end is usually the lull period for all car manufacturers and they are keen to sell during this month as many buyers normally postpone it to new year for purchases.

Quote:
Attaching some pictures of my Figo Aspire 1.2L Trend. Upgraded the tires to Continental Contact 5 185/60R15 with Neo Alloys.I have noticed the ground clearance has increased after fixing higher profile tires.Have driven about 40kms since taking delivery day before, the engine is really smooth. The drive is comfortable. Was not able to drive much due to the Chennai Rains.
Congrats Sameer on Aspire. Looks like we both have similar car buying backgrounds with Cruze as our previous car ( Do you still own the Cruze?)

Btw, why did you chose a 1.2 petrol mill especially after coming from the Cruze lineage?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 01:26   #462
BHPian

It seems that Ford has listened to the feedback from the Aspire/Figo customers and added a reverse sensor setup with visual cues to their accessory portfolio. I went to check it out at Ganges Ford today.The brand is Autocop and the model is Parkpro 9000.It has a clip-on anti-glare IRVM with a display showing distance data and the unit also gives audible feedback.The Audio and display can be individually turned off by two switches on the underside of the unit.The clip on IRVM has two adhesive patches behind it for firm fixing to the existing IRVM(How far it succeeds in reducing vibrations is to found out while using).However the option of body colour painting of sensors isn’t available and there are only 4 colours to choose from-Black,White,Silver and Red.So in my blue car I have to go with Black. Price quoted was Rs.4000 and the unit comes with 1 yr manufacturer warranty.Considering that online portals like Amazon and Snapdeal is selling it at anything between Rs 2900 to 3300,I thought that it was not that bad a deal.Attaching the pictures of the unit and a snap of the user manual page below.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-rs1.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-rs2.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-rs3.jpg

P.S.- I did not go for the camera for the following reasons – 1>It is priced quite high at almost INR 12K. 2>Low light visibility is doubtful and 3> Since it is attached above the number-plate region, which in the Aspire is below the top lip of the bumper, I wasn’t sure if it would bring any part of the rear bumper into view and provide an adequate perception of depth.
dragonov007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 22:48   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Disappointing to see the Figo/Aspire Twins numbers in November, ~2000+ units of each. I hope it is due to the November flood in Chennai which impacted production and deliveries. Otherwise it is sad to see such good cars struggling just a couple of months after launch.
Old 6th December 2015, 01:58   #464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Disappointing to see the Figo/Aspire Twins numbers in November, ~2000+ units of each. I hope it is due to the November flood in Chennai which impacted production and deliveries. Otherwise it is sad to see such good cars struggling just a couple of months after launch.
The Figo's are made in Sanand Gujarat and not in Chennai. Only the Ecosport is impacted due to Chennai flooding.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 10:50   #465

I have the Ford parking sensor and rear camera. Works decent, and recently figured out that I can increase brightness by pressing the solitary power button.
But I thought this was also supposed to be glare proof. In the nights the lights from cars behind me are blinding and I don't see any way to turn anti-glare on. Any tips?

Most Viewed