Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 08:02   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Well, Ford seems to be waking up from their slumber. Finally. Hope this improves sales.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20151211_075839.jpg
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 10:25   #482
BHPian

hi guys, newbie here with Aspire TDCi as my daily ride since September. Rev happy engine aptly complemented by excellent FE of around 17kmpl (city drives b2b traffic, though MID shows 16.6kmpl), happy with my choice!
Old 12th December 2015, 21:21   #483
BHPian

Aspire sets a mileage record of 42+ kmpl?

Is it the aspire or any modern diesel car, which can achieve this under such restrained driving?
Old 12th December 2015, 23:08   #484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Is it the aspire or any modern diesel car, which can achieve this under such restrained driving?
Just noticed the fuel gauge in the video: Look below --

At 5 minutes 19 seconds in the video:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-5-min-19-sec.jpg

At 5 minutes 51 seconds in the video:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-5-min-51-sec.jpg

At 6 minutes 36 seconds in the video:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-6-min-36-sec.jpg

How did the needle climb at 5:51?

Am I missing something here?

No offence to Aspire owners or CarDekho/Gaadi.com or Bunny Punia.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th December 2015 at 23:12.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 23:51   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Nice catch, could possibly be editing mix up, better to ask the driver himself on his twitter or FB page
Old 13th December 2015, 15:02   #486
Senior - BHPian

MILEAGE REPORT - 1.2 Petrol

Did an airport run today - 65 kms x 2

Manipal to Airport: Medium traffic, with 4 complete stops to attend to my son. Normal to spirited driving - wanted to check pickup from 0, and also high speeds. Got to almost 130 km/h before traffic struck. Car was very stable all along and had a lovely growl at high RPMs - seemed very eager to move on. Time taken - 1:05 hours

MID Readings: Average Speed 47 km/h Mileage 16.1 km/l

Airport to Manipal: Similar traffic conditions but changed my driving style with an eye on the MID for actual km/l. Tried to keep it around 80 - 100 on long stretches with a reading of 25-30 km/l on the MID. 2 stops, one to take a call and another to clean the back seat - my son again!!! Time taken: 1:10 hours

MID Reading: Average Speed 47 km/l Mileage 16.9 km/l

Mileage is bound to improve once the highway work is complete. Now there are too many places where you have to slow down to change lanes (nay, roads), and bad stretches.
Old 13th December 2015, 16:05   #487
BHPian

First service update

Got my Aspire serviced at Metro Ford, Lingarajpuram, Bangalore. Was quite a nice experience.
I had hit 2400+ km and they managed to give me an appointment on Friday at the last minute, unlike Elite Ford, Whitefield, who told me that they were booked for 1 whole week!

Things done:

1) Engine oil + Oil filter (On my insistence)

2) PCM (Powertrain control unit) update (Ford issued a TSB for this update)
No noticeable change in the driving experience post this update.

3) Fog light adjusted to point up - beam pattern is far more useful now.

4) Small rattle from around the passenger seatbelt / curtain airbag region. After a lot of inspection of the doors and surrounding areas, it was deemed that the headliner would need to be opened up and given that I had an airbag there, I wasn't too keen on that. So I asked them to let it be.

5) Some vibrations from the engine at around 1000-1100 RPM, especially when engine braking in any gear between those RPMs, or when the ECU is holding the RPM at that level when starting off in first. They lubricated all doors and the bonnet catch and while it may be slightly better now, it still seems to be present. Does anyone else have the same?

SAs & the branch manager were good and receptive to complaints. I arrived around 12 and was out by 4:30 despite the lunch break and the time spent to diagnose the two issues. Got a nice wash and interior cleaning as well.
I'd recommend this service center to anyone in north bangalore!

Total cost: Rs 1728 (3.8L Oil + Oil filter + Gasket Drain Plug)
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 17:01   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just noticed the fuel gauge in the video: Look below --

At 5 minutes 19 seconds in the video:
Attachment 1449540

At 5 minutes 51 seconds in the video:
Attachment 1449541

At 6 minutes 36 seconds in the video:
Attachment 1449542

Hello

Its got to do more with the shots being used in the video while editing it (by the video editor).

For example the shot at 5 mins 51 sec was taken somewhere after Belgaum (regular NH4 drivers will make out the road which is visible in the shot) whereas the 5 min 19 sec shot was (if im not wrong) taken at the Katraj tunnel (you can see the tunnel lights)

Hour by hour log can also be seen at http://bit.ly/FigoAspireDrive for clarification

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 13th December 2015 at 17:04.
BunnyPunia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 14:54   #489
BHPian

My Aspire TDCi got first service done at Mody Ford, Nagole (Bandlaguda) last Saturday. Spacious layout of workshop, well trained staff and professional approach in resolving queries. thumbsUp!

Yes, PCM Update is mandated by FORD for vehicles coming in for first service (at-least I was told like this!!), apart from this, usual checks were performed, insisted on Air Filter cleaning and promptly this was done.

I did bring to their notice about occasional prominent vibrations when AC is on and engine is idle (eg waiting at a traffic signal), but I observe no change in RPM needle count, the team diagnosed and the technical reason offered is - AC condenser is in work and thus the sound and mild vibration and nothing to worry!

Car had good wash Inside out and was beaming. Overall happy with the First Service and left the service centre after giving good rating in "feedback form".
novicefreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:48   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
I have the Ford parking sensor and rear camera. Works decent, and recently figured out that I can increase brightness by pressing the solitary power button.
But I thought this was also supposed to be glare proof. In the nights the lights from cars behind me are blinding and I don't see any way to turn anti-glare on. Any tips?
How much did you pay for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
I noticed that the 'transp' mode was on during delivery.Each time I shut the engine down in the 3 min long signals,the ICE would switch off also.Brought the car home and followed the procedure of disabling it as mentioned in Focusfanatics.com -

1.Turn ignition to On
2.Press brake pedal 5 times
3.Press Hazard switch 4 times
4.Turn ignition to Off

Steps 2 & 3 were to be done quickly within 10 secs.
It worked in the first time and the 'transp' mode got disabled.
Yesterday I was at the showroom where I was shown the new figo. It was in transport mode, and there was a spanner symbol coming above that. The car was not starting as well when I turned the ignition on. What do you make out of this behaviour. The spanner symbol was being seen "on and off"on the mid, once above the P symbol and then a little higher. What does this signify. The car at the showroom had 66 K on the odo, and the sales exec told me later that the car started perfectly fine. Would there be any issue or am I thinking too much?
Old 15th December 2015, 18:10   #491

Top of head, I think it was about 12k (camera + sensor). Wish I had the choice of going for Autocop that time. Would have opted for that.
Old 15th December 2015, 20:26   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Yesterday I was at the showroom where I was shown the new figo. It was in transport mode, and there was a spanner symbol coming above that. The car was not starting as well when I turned the ignition on. What do you make out of this behaviour. The spanner symbol was being seen "on and off"on the mid, once above the P symbol and then a little higher. What does this signify. The car at the showroom had 66 K on the odo, and the sales exec told me later that the car started perfectly fine. Would there be any issue or am I thinking too much?
The spanner symbol is the 'Powertrain malfunction warning lamp'. It illuminates briefly for a second when the key is primed for the crank,and goes off again.I do not mean to question your expertise Sir,but did you fully depress the clutch before cranking the engine? Happens to me sometimes when I switch between my Santro (Which starts without the clutch being depressed) and Getz 1.3 petrol (Which needs the clutch to be depressed during cranking). Otherwise if the car did not start and the powertrain malfunction symbol kept glowing, then in all possibility the car has some problem. Attaching 3 pics from the owner's manual for your better understanding. Last pic also mentions a workaround if engine fails to start. (Sorry for the low-res,they are screenshots from my mobile phone)

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20151215192623.png

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20151215183345.png

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20151215195756.png

About transport mode,it is just a built in safety feature from the factory to prevent draining of the battery from unknowingly keeping the ICE or lights on during transit. It can be disabled easily.

About parking aids,you can also try the Autocop sensors which I installed.It is cheaper than camera,gives visible and audio feedback to an accuracy of 0.2 m.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th December 2015 at 19:00. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted. Post spacing changed for better readability.
Old 15th December 2015, 22:06   #493
BHPian

Quote:
The spanner symbol is the 'Powertrain malfunction warning lamp'.It illuminates briefly for a second when the key is primed for the crank,and goes off again.I do not mean to question your expertise Sir,but did you fully depress the clutch before cranking the engine?Happens to me sometimes when I switch between my Santro(Which starts without the clutch being depressed) and Getz 1.3 petrol( Which needs the clutch to be depressed during cranking).Otherwise if the car did not start and the powertrain malfunction symbol kept glowing,then in all possibility the car has some problem.Attaching 3 pics from the owner's manual for your better understanding.Last pic also mentions a workaround if engine fails to start.(Sorry for the low-res,they are screenshots from my mobile

About transport mode,it is just a built in safety feature from the factory to prevent draining of the battery from unknowingly keeping the ICE or lights on during transit.It can be disabled easily.

About parking aids,you can also try the Autocop sensors which I installed.It is cheaper than camera,gives visible and audio feedback to an accuracy of 0.2 m.

Hey. Thank-you for the info. The car in question was a dct. Guess I just pasted a part of my query that did not make it clear. I did press the brake as I tried to start it and the shift was in P position.

The spanner light that came on was above the P symbol which indicates a scheduled service according to the manual. This is supposedly the car that I will be allotted if I would buy. He was saying that the car has just been transported from the yard. I need to take a closer look maybe. It was weird that it would not start and these lights just kept flashing on the mid. Yes and while trying multiple times the power train spanner also was lit up for a second or two.

Hence the query if I was being passed a lemon as I am being offered close to 20k discount on the new Figo Dct. I want to be sure if I were to book this car that I am not being given a car that is problematic. Another fact that I found it little difficult to digest was that th odo had 66 Kms in it while the yard is just 15 kms away. Again I was told that the car runs about 40 kms after production where it is tested - again very difficult to digest.

Last edited by an_and : 15th December 2015 at 22:12. Reason: Correcting auto spellchecks!
Old 15th December 2015, 22:45   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would have been happy if I could have voted,but guess that my 'newbie' status doesn't allow me to do
You have time till 30th Dec and after 25 posts you are no longer a newbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Again I was told that the car runs about 40 kms after production where it is tested - again very difficult to digest.
This is just marketing guys doing what they do best - LIE. The car just runs about 3-5 kms after production, at least the manual variants. I'm sure about this because I saw my car immediately after it was unloaded off the truck and brought to the showroom from the yard (15km). The odo read 18 km.

With your car I can assume this scenario.
The car was allocated to someone else who rejected it for whatever reason (maybe he didn't like the colour). So it went back to yard and waited for you. So this trip, plus the return to the showroom to show you the car would probably account for all the kilometres.

Just do the PDI and buy the car

Ask for more discounts and accessories. And discounts on other accessories.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2015, 11:23   #495
BHPian

A small yet significant note:

The "tow hook" is placed in the rear boot along with the tool kit. Open the boot, unwind the the the spare wheel screw, see beneath the spare wheel and you would find the tow-hook, jack and all the tool kit nicely assembled. Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks