Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2016, 00:36   #586
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
Congratulations Karthik! I too am a proud owner of the 1.5P DCT. I actually booked Baleno Delta CVT but after a month of waiting and exploring other options, I was sold on the Aspire. Booked on Thursday, 24th December and got the delivery on Tuesday, 29th. Enjoying the ride since then
Thanks Seekay! and Congrats to you too! I almost chose the Baleno/Dzire, but something told me to just check and ensure that Xcent, Amaze, and Aspire had nothing much to add on the table. And boy was I wrong when it came to the Aspire! In this segment in AT, it has to easily be the best bang for the buck. Features, space and safety like no other! Period.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2016 at 02:17. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:42   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
No offense novicefreak, but i believe mobike008 should be knowing that; after all he is spending a lot of time with his Aspire and also maintaining his ownership report.Also, to add to your post, I also reset the AVG km/h and tripmeter alongwith AVG FE after every tankfull to have a very clear idea about the fuel economy wrt average speeds.
I was aware about this feature but, don't reset Average FE every tankful primarily as it never strikes the mind. When I top up, only reset happens is for the trip meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
23, 18, 17, 16 KmpL? Errm let me present to you 7.3 Kmpl I'm not complaining though. It's fairly new 1.5L DCT doing really short runs.
I used to crib a bit when I used to have a manual i10 which under my heavy foot used to give me 9-10kmpl

But, for Aspire DCT atleast you have the power to enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Is that all it does? I thought it must be linked to the ECU and suppressing the RPM/Throttle response for a better FE.
I think there is a wee bit of difference between the two. I actually like the economy mode where the green light comes when you don't shift after a certain RPM. I personally feel the car is little smoother in this mode

Quote:
They are probably right when they say that this is a drive-by-wire kind of car. I got fog lamps installed from Ford and they had to get the software updated by plugging a laptop to the car. That too took a couple of attempts. The instruction booklet too says there are lot of sensors and performance recording devices in the car. An aftermarket mechanic may not be aware of how to deal with them. Another example is after a wheel alignment, they do a steering calibration which too is done through a software.
Very good information. Thanks for sharing

Quote:
Congratulations Karthik! I too am a proud owner of the 1.5P DCT. I actually booked Baleno Delta CVT but after a month of waiting and exploring other options, I was sold on the Aspire. Booked on Thursday, 24th December and got the delivery on Tuesday, 29th. Enjoying the ride since then.P.S. This is my first post on Team-BHP. Please pardon any errors.
Welcome to Aspire club and also to the forum. Which color you drive and whereabouts is your driving in Hyderabad. Hope to bump into you one of the days as its lot easier to spot an Aspire in a sea of "desire"
Old 29th January 2016, 13:22   #588
BHPian

Is it just me or is the gearshift at an akward length? i had to reach to the gearshift during the TD.
Old 29th January 2016, 18:11   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik008 View Post
Thanks Seekay! and Congrats to you too! I almost chose the Baleno/Dzire, but something told me to just check and ensure that Xcent, Amaze, and Aspire had nothing much to add on the table. And boy was I wrong when it came to the Aspire! In this segment in AT, it has to easily be the best bang for the buck. Features, space and safety like no other! Period.
Absolutely agree with you about Aspire being the best value for money among its peers, especially after some deep discounts being offered. Further, Aspire DCT is available in the higher trim Titanium whereas Baleno CVT is provided in the lower trim Delta that is stripped of many features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome to Aspire club and also to the forum. Which color you drive and whereabouts is your driving in Hyderabad. Hope to bump into you one of the days as its lot easier to spot an Aspire in a sea of "desire"
Good play on the words there!
Mine is an Oxford White. I commute about 40km daily (Gachibowli <> Banjara Hills). What about you? Did you get your first servicing done yet?

Does anyone else feel that the lower back support is lacking? I am 5' 5". I purchased a cushion and neck rest in the hope that they might help but that was a stupid idea. I went for leather-like seat covers offered by the dealer to prevent stains to the fabric seats. I should probably have waited a bit before making that purchase.
Old 29th January 2016, 19:05   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, congratulations on your decision !! Personally Karthik, I would advise against going for an after market fitment. Some part of what they say is true and rest are scare tactics to force you to buy the accessories from the showroom itself. Showrooms cannot survive on car sales only. Ofcourse the accessories are expensive with less features but you get peace of mind. I would advise you to play safe and go for ford accessories only.

They are probably right when they say that this is a drive-by-wire kind of car. I got fog lamps installed from Ford and they had to get the software updated by plugging a laptop to the car. That too took a couple of attempts. The instruction booklet too says there are lot of sensors and performance recording devices in the car. An aftermarket mechanic may not be aware of how to deal with them. Another example is after a wheel alignment, they do a steering calibration which too is done through a software.
AKTRAK, I need further help if you don't mind. So while I was stuck in office, my wife and dad went and selected the accessories. These guys didn't have a tie up with TAIG and out of all insurances, i.e., Reliance, Videocon, United India, and SBI, only SBI had a extra add ons in addition to zero-dep, viz., engine protection against water ingress (e.g., Chennai floods), and also an add on for consumables. So, God forbid, in the unlikely event of an unfortunate incident, we'll be required to only pay a procession fee of around 1k, everything else will be covered by insurance.

When HDFC was doing the loan papers today, they offered the "GPS Tracker" system for the Aspire and claimed that because they were the financier and were going to use a well known brand, this would not void the Ford warranty. Really?! I smell some marketing gimmick and commission system between the folks at HDFC and the 'reputed brand' offering this tracker. The Ford guy who was present during this discussion also said that it wouldn't void the warranty - which I have asked him to double check and have told him that I will need it in writing if they are authorising a third party non-Ford fitted GPS tracker and claiming that warranty would not be voided. Note that we have taken an extended warranty for 5 years int total on the vehicle.

But given that the DCT is a drive-by-wire vehicle, I'm worried that if the electricals blow up, Ford may in future turn around and wash their hands off of the situation. The very reason we didn't select the after market reverse cam and sensor was to ensure the warranty is not voided. Any and all help is appreciated. THanks!

Quote:
Absolutely agree with you about Aspire being the best value for money among its peers, especially after some deep discounts being offered. Further, Aspire DCT is available in the higher trim Titanium whereas Baleno CVT is provided in the lower trim Delta that is stripped of many features.
Bang on Seekay! Can't wait for the delivery. Will go and do a pre-reg check tomorrow, get the full payment made, accessories fitted and hopefully delivery should be on Sunday!!

Last edited by Zappo : 29th January 2016 at 20:19. Reason: Please learn to use Multiquote button rather than making multiple back to back posts. Posts merged.
karthik008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 19:40   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, I feel MID FE display is incorrect by 1kmpl. Anybody feels same?

Yesterday, I topped up ( always tankful and auto-cut) and compare it with onscreen average FE display and noted it was showing 17.5kmpl and auto-cut told me its actually 16.50kmpl ( city driving conditions with 100% AC)
I too found this to be true. MID was showing 14.0 km/l. But tank-to-tank method calculation resulted in 13.0 km/l.

Quote:
Btw, I feel MID FE display is incorrect by 1kmpl. Anybody feels same?

Yes, you are right. It is exactly off by 1KMPL. But the refueling warning light is pretty spot on. Expect around 80 -100 Kms after the warning light is up. But apply due diligence, I do not want anyone to be stranded:-)
The range would be about 50km for a petrol.
Old 29th January 2016, 20:04   #592
BHPian

Not at all Karthik! Glad to help. The very reason I joined this community is to learn and to help in any way possible other members make up their mind.

Here is my take on the whole thing. I would also like other distinguished members to pitch in with their opinion.

When I was buying the Ambiente variant, I too wanted to opt for after market fitments. To materialize the sales, the sales rep himself said he would help me get them installed from a nearby shop! But as the sales went forward during which I got to talk to the accessory manager and few other folks in the showroom, they said that fitting after market accessories would likely void the warranty. The sales rep also started dilly dallying later on.

So the whole thing is a little vague with nothing set in stone. My friend just got a Maruti Wagon R and got accessories fitted from outside without a question raised by anyone in the showroom. Honda flatly refused an after market stereo on the Amaze which I was contemplating.

I mean there is no guarantee of how they will behave when something goes wrong.They may or may not honor the warranty. But the chances are higher of them honoring if you get everything done from them. They have nothing to blame then which is their first tendency - washing hands off. You would have read and heard many cases when they have flatly refused warranty blaming it to be the customers fault.

I am having some alignment issues in my car. I have taken it to the service center twice and once got it aligned from outside. They started raising the warranty issue on wheel alignment from outside saying you should get it done from Ford only else warranty may lapse. They are saying you must be jumping/driving the car over bad roads/pot holes. I replied I would have rather bought a horse then if I was so keen on jumping on rough terrain! Do you get the drift ?

These dealers/companies work like any other company shunning responsibility and blaming other departments. With around 5-6 visits in the showroom I can vouch how every department is working in silos and are not on the same page. I would take what the sales guy says with a pinch of salt. Service people may deny any claim later on altogether ignoring any commitments the sales people have made.

OT to the topic I once bought a IDEA postpaid plan with a cheaper rate but was getting billed at a different higher rate. When I called the customer care, they said your plan does not exist even when the plan I got was printed on a brochure. I had to get the sales guy call the corporate care to get my bill corrected which took some hassle.

Once the sale is made customer is usually made to fend for himself.
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 21:51   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These guys didn't have a tie up with TAIG and out of all insurances, i.e., Reliance, Videocon, United India, and SBI, only SBI had a extra add ons in addition to zero-dep....

everything else will be covered by insurance.

When HDFC was doing the loan papers today, they offered the "GPS Tracker" system for the Aspire and claimed that because they were the financier and were going to use a well known brand, this would not void the Ford warranty. Really?! I smell some marketing gimmick and commission system between the folks at HDFC and the 'reputed brand' offering this tracker. The Ford guy who was present during this discussion also said that it wouldn't void the warranty - which I have asked him to double check.
Are these the 4 insurers that have a tie-up with the dealership? Make sure that the insurer you choose has Cashless facility with Ford so that any claim process is tension free. Also have you considered buying the insurance yourself and save some money.

The HDFC guys were just up selling. If an aftermarket camera can void warranty, then why not the GPS Tracker - unless it goes into the OBD port.

My advice is to get all your doubts cleared by contacting Ford Customer Care. Messaging them on their Facebook page is most effective. (It has helped me a lot during my buying process)
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 13:31   #594
BHPian

Thanks Everyone for your revert on my query. Decided not to put the tracker. Went to do a vehicle check before registration. I'm in a wierd situation where the vehicle mfg date on the ford etis states the build date as Aug 2015 but the Form 22 issued by Ford is dated end Dec 2015. The dealer is telling me that they got the vehicle only in Dec. I wonder why Ford has such a huge difference between the build date and date that Form 22 is issued for a vehicle. Still planning to go ahead as the vehicle looked ok to me.
Old 30th January 2016, 15:39   #595
Senior - BHPian

Just back from another visit to the body shop. They started working on it on 28th Jan - exactly one month after the car went there.

Witnessed a lot of hammering and brute force as they tried to remove the factory welds. The mechanic working on it said that there a small difference in metal thickness of the Aspire and the older fords - but Marutis were a class apart (he had worked at Maruti for 7 years).

WARNING: Disturbing images - view at your own discretion. Intended for mature audiences only.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_130819.jpg
The best angle now!!

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_122157.jpg
Protection for the car....

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_130826.jpg
but has a cake of dust on it. I'm worried that this might result in scratches later.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_121701.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_121720.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_130709.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_130638.jpg
New Door!!

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2016 at 07:29. Reason: As requested :)
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 19:39   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Not at all Karthik! Glad to help. The very reason I joined this community is to learn and to help in any way possible other members make up their mind.
Once the sale is made customer is usually made to fend for himself.
Thanks for the detailed response AKTRAK :-) Really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Are these the 4 insurers that have a tie-up with the dealership? Make sure that the insurer you choose has Cashless facility with Ford so that any claim process is tension free. Also have you considered buying the insurance yourself and save some money.

The HDFC guys were just up selling. If an aftermarket camera can void warranty, then why not the GPS Tracker - unless it goes into the OBD port.

My advice is to get all your doubts cleared by contacting Ford Customer Care. Messaging them on their Facebook page is most effective. (It has helped me a lot during my buying process)
Thanks Samaspire. Those were exactly my thoughts.

Anyway guys, the dealer checked and confirmed that not MapMyIndia (costs around INR 10k) , but a new Autocop system (costs around INR 8k) is the one approved by Ford. The one offered by HDFC Bank is called Matchpoint (costs around INR 18k!!). So when I refused to take matchpoint, the bloke at HDFC said that the loan interest rate would increase. That's when I gave them a piece of my mind and threatened to call off the deal. Only then did they honour the approved interest rate. So folks beware - do not let banks get the better of you and push you over. Also, given the high price of the matchpoint system, without going into the technicals, I smell a rat in the whole GPR tracker deal offered by HDFC (commissions??!). May be its a better system, but I doubt if its better enough to cost almost double/more than double compared to MapMyIndia/Autocop.

The funny thing is, after all of this the accessories manager at the showroom called and advised against the Autocop system. He clarified that it was only approved for the new Endeavour and that they would not be able to fit it on the Aspire as it would require a slight ignition wiring change. I respect them for that.

So all formalities are over. Hopefully once the bank confirms the RTGS transfer, with God's grace the vehicle should be with us tomorrow! :-) (Fingers Crossed)

Quote:
Thanks Everyone for your revert on my query. Decided not to put the tracker. Went to do a vehicle check before registration. I'm in a wierd situation where the vehicle mfg date on the ford etis states the build date as Aug 2015 but the Form 22 issued by Ford is dated end Dec 2015. The dealer is telling me that they got the vehicle only in Dec. I wonder why Ford has such a huge difference between the build date and date that Form 22 is issued for a vehicle. Still planning to go ahead as the vehicle looked ok to me.
So on the whole date difference between the VIN and Form 22, Ford was quite diligent. Called back within a little over an hour (not sure if they read this post:-) ) and clarified that I should go by the date on From 22 which is issued by Ford since the dealer would not have been able to sell/register the vehicle without this form. He accepted that four months was a little long between the production date (Aug 2015) and the date on Form 22 (Dec 2015) but said that they do one road test after production, and one after the production lots are assigned to various dealers across the country. Clarified that the vehicle would have been shipped only after this form was issued. I checked the vehicle and the ODO read 14 kms, which looks good, however the transportation mode was enabled - which even the guy at the godown did not know about. I guess this will be disabled tomorrow before delivery after the accessories are fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post
Is it just me or is the gearshift at an akward length? i had to reach to the gearshift during the TD.
I found it quite comfortable on the 1.5 P DCT AT. Are you tall? If so, I can imagine that you may need to sit a little further back and may have to reach in front to get the gear. I found no issues. I'm around 5'8''. Hope his helps.

Quote:
Just back from another visit to the body shop. They started working on it on 28th Jan - exactly one month after the car went there.

Witnessed a lot of hammering and brute force as they tried to remove the factory welds. The mechanic working on it said that there a small difference in metal thickness of the Aspire and the older fords - but Marutis were a class apart (he had worked at Maruti for 7 years).

WARNING: Disturbing images - view at your own discretion. Intended for mature audiences only.
Thanks for sharing the pics. I really hope all of this get sorted out for you quickly.

I saw today that the DCT comes with the MRF zvt tyres and not Apollo. I guess Apollos are only for Titanium+ variants.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2016 at 01:24. Reason: Posts merged. Quote edited.
karthik008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 22:46   #597
BHPian

So finally got all formalities completed and took delivery today. What a great day! :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-figo-asprice-1.5-dct.jpg  

karthik008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 00:49   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally got all formalities completed and took delivery today. What a great day! :-)
Congratulations!! She's a looker. Wish you many many safe miles together.

Looks like you got the full chrome kit plus the chrome side guard. Mind sharing how much they cost?
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:21   #599

Quote:

Its heartbreaking to see the pictures samaspire. Your thread inspired me to buy an aspire. Hope you get back the car soon.

Quote:
So on the whole date difference between the VIN and Form 22, Ford was quite diligent. Called back within a little over an hour (not sure if they read this post:-) ) and clarified that I should go by the date on From 22 which is issued by Ford since the dealer would not have been able to sell/register the vehicle without this form. He accepted that four months was a little long between the production date (Aug 2015) and the date on Form 22 (Dec 2015) but said that they do one road test after production, and one after the production lots are assigned to various dealers across the country. Clarified that the vehicle would have been shipped only after this form was issued. I checked the vehicle and the ODO read 14 kms, which looks good, however the transportation mode was enabled - which even the guy at the godown did not know about. I guess this will be disabled tomorrow before delivery after the accessories are fitted.
I had the same issue with my Aspire and got the same answer from my dealer so it seems this is a common issue.

Quote:
Congratulations on the car. Wish you many happy miles. We took delivery of our DCT (Grey) last weekend and its a pleasure to drive.
omprakashp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 16:45   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Karthik! on the acquiring the most VFM, spaceous, safe, hoot to drive car in the segment. Wishing you happy miling!
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks