Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 18:39   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations Sam.

The chrome Garnish strip on the boot is the new addition.

EDIT:

Is there a minor dent on the drivers door base near the B-pillar where it meets the running board?

No. That is the last remaining edge guard that I had installed. The one's on the other doors have been removed. Here's another angle where it is clear...

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160220_120843.jpg

Good that you noticed it - I will ask them to remove it before polishing.
It will, anyway be replaced with full length tubing.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 12:50   #662
Senior - BHPian

I need some guidance.

My first service was due on 30th Jan but as the car was in the bodyshop all this while, I have not completed 2500 kms. So my question is whether I should ask them to do the first service before I take delivery, or I run the car for a few days and then give it for 1st service.

Also should the ask for engine change during first service?
Old 21st February 2016, 13:39   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
...My first service was due on 30th Jan but as the car was in the bodyshop all this while, I have not completed 2500 kms. So my question is whether I should ask them to do the first service before I take delivery, or I run the car for a few days and then give it for 1st service...
You could ask them to complete the service. There is no point in you taking the car and then going back to the centre. Again, services are recommended based on kms or time interval, whichever is earlier.

Quote:
...Also should the ask for engine change during first service?
Engine change? I presume, you mentioned "engine oil". It's good to have it changed, though the SAs will advise against it.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 14:59   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Engine change?

Yes. I meant engine oil change.

So it's better to change it - even for a petrol car?

Last edited by samaspire : 21st February 2016 at 15:04.
Old 21st February 2016, 16:11   #665
BANNED

Quote:
Get the servicing done, interior cleaning and all jobs done before you take delivery.

Also change the engine oil irrespective of petrol or diesel powered.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 16:42   #666
BHPian

Quote:
I need some guidance.

My first service was due on 30th Jan but as the car was in the bodyshop all this while, I have not completed 2500 kms. So my question is whether I should ask them to do the first service before I take delivery, or I run the car for a few days and then give it for 1st service.

Good to see the car back in shape
They don't do engine oil change for the first service. They only do a check up and any top up/change only if necessary. Oil change is done after 10,000 km/12 months. So it is better to get the service done before delivery.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 16:54   #667
BHPian

Quote:

Hi samaspire,

I would suggest you stick with the manufacturer's recommendation in the manual when it comes to servicing. If the manual mentions oil change for the first service, stick with it, else don't bother. You don't have to be worried about anything going wrong if you do not change oil more frequently than recommended by Ford.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 19:15   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Yes. I meant engine oil change.

The reason why an oil change is recommended for the car during the first service is because - during the initial run, the moving parts might chip "any" uneven surface or dust particles and it might be channeled into the oil. An oil change will help get rid of this (if present). These could be fine particles and definitely not chunks.

Now, I have never heard of a break down because of these kind of particles - it's all a part of keeping the vehicle in top shape. Just like this proactive engine oil change, manufacturer neither recommends / mentions the need for a paint sealant, under body coating, audio change, tyre / wheel upgrades, shorter oil change interval etc; it's all a bunch of nut heads amongst us who do because of their love for cars and the urge to pamper our rides.

End of the day, this is each owner's call - some choose to be pro-active and feel happy that nothing can go wrong by doing it, some choose to follow conventional recommendations.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st February 2016 at 19:17.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:28   #669
BHPian

Quote:
I need some guidance.

The first service at 2500Km's is just a routine check-up and oil is not changed during this service. They sure do top-ups if required. First oil change is only at 10000Km's service.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:14   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Back from another visit!! No delivery today as the insurance assessor will only come on Monday - so probable delivery on Tuesday / Wednesday.

Attachment 1478363

Pending Work: Polish, clear coat, interior wash (looks DIRTY now ), touch-up for Under-body coating.

Found a few minor painting blemishes that I have asked them to fix.

One bonus is visible - guess?
hi Samarth,

Congrats for getting car back to shape, happy driving! As suggested by members, get service done and take the car out & enjoy!!
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:02   #671
BHPian

Quote:
I need some guidance.

Quote:

Congratulations!! on getting the car back Sam. As far as I can see they have done a good job.

Regarding the engine oil change. I too asked for the same during my first service and the service adviser suggested that I follow the manufacturer recommended intervals. I doubt not changing it at 2500 kms is going to damage anything. Manufactures know their products the best.

The SA said that the 'run in period' is a misconception and he would suggest that I drive the car the way I like and not bother about the run in period as the engines (not the car) are driven for hundreds of kilometers in the factories for testing any anomalies so what you get is a engine that has already 'run in' a few hundred miles. He also added that of course the on road stress on the engine and other components is a different thing but he would still advise against traditionally safe run in theories.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 08:58   #672

Great Review and information! Thank you.
I started reading this thread and within 15 days bought the Aspire (Titanium)

I will upload some pics soon.
Its been a Ford exchange for me, exchanged my old horse 2006 Fiesta 1.4. That was a used one and boy did it trouble me so much. In all honesty though, we had gotten ourselves a car without duly checking much.

Least to start, that I'm in love the way Aspire drives, but thought I'll share some bit which worry me for other buyers knowledge or suggestions for me :
1. The whole door inside plastic assembly moves when windows are pulled up or down. Theres not a small play but a proper 1-2cm thud which looks flimsy and Ford SA says its a manufacturing defect. I hope people in Sanand are following this thread.
2. No matter how I shut off the Air Con, the next time i start the car / air-con, 2 out of 5 times, it starts at MAX - 28 Degrees. Have no clue why that happens.
Will post more as I drive more
Aspire for the win!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20160202wa000.jpg  

runaldahiwade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 10:41   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaldahiwade View Post
1. The whole door inside plastic assembly moves when windows are pulled up or down. Theres not a small play but a proper 1-2cm thud which looks flimsy and Ford SA says its a manufacturing defect.
Congratulations on the Aspire. Welcome to the club Is it the petrol / diesel / auto?

The plastic panels moving on power window operation is a known issue, but not 1-2 cm. In my car it feels like a small wave. This might be a exaggerated problem in your car - ask them to fix it. BTW is it to the same extent in all doors?
Old 24th February 2016, 10:42   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaldahiwade View Post
Great Review and information! Thank you.
I started reading this thread and within 15 days bought the Aspire (Titanium)

I will upload some pics soon.
Its been a Ford exchange for me, exchanged my old horse 2006 Fiesta 1.4. That was a used one and boy did it trouble me so much. In all honesty though, we had gotten ourselves a car without duly checking much.

Least to start, that I'm in love the way Aspire drives, but thought I'll share some bit which worry me for other buyers knowledge or suggestions for me :
1. The whole door inside plastic assembly moves when windows are pulled up or down. Theres not a small play but a proper 1-2cm thud which looks flimsy and Ford SA says its a manufacturing defect. I hope people in Sanand are following this thread.
2. No matter how I shut off the Air Con, the next time i start the car / air-con, 2 out of 5 times, it starts at MAX - 28 Degrees. Have no clue why that happens.
Will post more as I drive more
Aspire for the win!
Congrats for your new Aspire. I am sure you will enjoy driving it. Is it a TDCi?
Flexing issue is there in my car too. Maybe they are built like this.
The air-con problem could be a software related one. I had observed this coming up occasionally and I thought my son was messing with the temperature control knob. Also the spanner symbol showed up several times and restricted the power of the vehicle. Ford SA checked these and updated the firmware (not sure how but they told me they did an update). For now I have no issues popping up.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 12:08   #675

Quote:
. This might be a exaggerated problem in your car - ask them to fix it. BTW is it to the same extent in all doors?
Its a Diesel
Thanks Samaspire. Yes I raised it with the Service Station but theyre confident of this being a universal issue.
Front Passenger is quite a long play. Other 3 little lesser.
runaldahiwade is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks