Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 22:04   #691
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
For the first issue, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and reconnect it after 3-4 minutes.

Also, do the Italian tune-up once in a while to remove all the carbon/soot from the exhaust system.

Do try an independent tyre/wheel balancing shop for the second issue.
Your first solution of ECU reset absolutely skipped my mind! It is the easiest and the first thing one should be doing in case of car problems Thanks for reminding me.

Regarding the Italian Tune-up, it is the Ambiente variant sans the Tachometer so will be hard to check the RPMs. Will have to depend on guesswork.
Old 26th February 2016, 23:03   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
it is the Ambiente variant sans the Tachometer so will be hard to check the RPMs. Will have to depend on guesswork.
Why don't you get an obd reader and use the Torque app to get tachometer readings.

That is my plan for the near future
Old 27th February 2016, 09:36   #693
BANNED

@samaspire, please, tell me the specifications of the aftermarket music system fitted in your car and the precautions to be heeded to avoid voiding the warranty.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 14:15   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
@samaspire, please, tell me the specifications of the aftermarket music system fitted in your car and the precautions to be heeded to avoid voiding the warranty.
My ICE setup is basic. As long as I get clear sound, I'm fine with it.

I had a Pioneer DEH-X1790UB head unit which was installed in the car.
Since Aspire was a new model when I bought it, the sound guys did not have the required connectors so they cut the wires to install it. So I might have warranty issues later. But now the connectors might have arrived in the market - so ask your guys to use them, and avoid wire cutting.

The speaker size needed is 6.5". I bought 4 Pioneers (don't have the model numbers with me now). You will also need to install the antenna - the wiring is already there. I have previously posted all my installation pics in this thread.

My HU does not have bluetooth and that is a major nuisance. You should be able to get one with bluetooth for 5-6k.

Supervise the installation yourself.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 18:30   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
My ICE setup is basic. As long as I get clear sound, I'm fine with it.

I had a Pioneer DEH-X1790UB head unit which was installed in the car.
Since Aspire was a new model when I bought it, the sound guys did not have the required connectors so they cut the wires to install it. So I might have warranty issues later. But now the connectors might have arrived in the market - so ask your guys to use them, and avoid wire cutting.

The speaker size needed is 6.5". I bought 4 Pioneers (don't have the model numbers with me now). You will also need to install the antenna - the wiring is already there. I have previously posted all my installation pics in this thread.

My HU does not have bluetooth and that is a major nuisance. You should be able to get one with bluetooth for 5-6k.

Supervise the installation yourself.
Does the ambiente variant of Aspire get keyless entry as standard?
Old 27th February 2016, 20:44   #696
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody else other than mobike008 replaced the tyres with 185/65 r14 yokohoma earth1's ?
I'm finding the road noise on the higher side. Also, even the little rough patches make their presence felt. On concrete roads, sometimes metal-ly sound creeps in.
I hope all these niggles plus rattling gets fixed in first service.
Old 28th February 2016, 00:11   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz.k View Post
Does the ambiente variant of Aspire get keyless entry as standard?
AFAIK none of the Aspires come with keyless entry
Old 28th February 2016, 03:27   #698

Recently had been to vizag from hyderabad during my first long journey of around 1500km in aspire. Mileage was around 4500km at the start of the trip. It handled really well. Kept up with most, if not all of the speeding cars except XUV's which were cruising around triple digit speeds. Maintained decent triple digit speeds throughout the journey, got an avg of 20 kmpl. My journey has covered highways, city, bad roads and ghat roads of Yarada beach. It does not scrape its belly even with four people and luggage. Here are my observations:

Good Things:

1) Fun to drive, even at speeds above 100 kmph, we can feel the instant throttle response.
2) Fuel efficient but don't expect to touch ARAI figures though.
3) Decent storage space both inside cabin as well as in boot.
4) Steering mounted controls and blue tooth were really helpful. ( I have graduated from an Alto to Aspire so you know what it feels like)

Not so good Things:

1) Back row cannot accommodate 3 people during long journey.
2) AC was OK-ish, took decent time to cool the cabin when the outside temp was at 40 C+ and humid, although it was pretty effective under normal temperatures.
3) Beige interiors turn brown/black very soon. It just took me a day to realise this.
4) Stock headlights were not good enough, tried adjusting the orientation but of no great use.(Please suggest some decent headlamps to upgrade to)

Overall i am happy that i chose Aspire.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th February 2016 at 11:00. Reason: Removed mention of high speeds. Please refrain from posting about speeding on the forums. Thanks!
bhargavgunreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 07:34   #699
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK none of the Aspires come with keyless entry
Kindly read remote central locking instead of keyless entry.
P.S. The ford brochure mentions this as keyless entry.:banghead:
shahbaz.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 12:29   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kindly read remote central locking instead of keyless entry.
P.S. The ford brochure mentions this as keyless entry.:banghead:
Then the answer is YES - it has keyless entry.

Other than what is mentioned in the brochures, here's a list of things the Ambiente does not get when compared to Trend:
1) Chrome AC dials
2) Gear knob is not fancy
3) Chrome ring on AC vents
4) Reflective insulation sheets on the firewall in the engine bay
5) rubber lip under the front bumper
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 07:37   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Then the answer is YES - it has keyless entry.

Other than what is mentioned in the brochures, here's a list of things the Ambiente does not get when compared to Trend:
1) Chrome AC dials
2) Gear knob is not fancy
3) Chrome ring on AC vents
4) Reflective insulation sheets on the firewall in the engine bay
Sorry brother to disturb you again. But could you post a photograph of the dashboard of your car with the installed ICE. Also is there an option to fit the My Ford Dock at the dealer level in the ambiente variant along with an aftermarket ICE?
My dealer says its possible but i doubt whether the USB and AUX ports of the dock would function properly with the aftermarket ICE.
shahbaz.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 09:13   #702
Senior - BHPian

... and 60 DAYS LATER she's back where she belongs.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-1.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160229_083949.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-3.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-4.jpg

Got the delivery on Friday, 26th February. It was like I was taking delivery of my 2nd new car in 4 months

Thanks to all the guys at the Ford Bodyshop - they have done a very good job of getting her back in shape. It took them 15-20 days of actual work - all the other days were for holidays, awaiting parts delivery, waiting for other cars to get fixed, delay in the insurance process, etc.

Financially, I will be getting an amount of around 3000 back from the insurance guys. That is a little less than what I have spent on visiting the bodyshop in the last 2 months. So all's well that ends well.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st March 2016 at 07:06. Reason: Fixing image orientation
samaspire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 17:47   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you get an obd reader and use the Torque app to get tachometer readings.

That is my plan for the near future
Sure Sam. I have planned that, after I sort the ongoing heavy engine/alignment issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavgunreddy View Post
Maintained decent triple digit speeds throughout the journey, got an avg of 20 kmpl.

2) Fuel efficient but don't expect to touch ARAI figures though.

3) Decent storage space both inside cabin as well as in boot.

1) Back row cannot accommodate 3 people during long journey.

3) Beige interiors turn brown/black very soon. It just took me a day to realise this.

4) Stock headlights were not good enough, tried adjusting the orientation but of no great use.

Overall i am happy that i chose Aspire.
On highways, I have always got close to 20. I get better mileage in my daily Delhi to Noida runs.

One reason may be, whenever I have hit interstate trips, my car has been loaded to the hilt, so much that if you open the boot, things start falling out

Cabin definitely feels large and airy. Boot space is decent too.

Yes, back row will uncomfortably seat 3. Best suited for 2 adults and a kid.

Beige seats get dirty easily. The color from my black belt is rubbing on the seats. It is definitely going to take some effort to take off.

Headlights need an update. Fog lamps make things a little better, overall improvement is needed. On highways, I have found them inadequate.

Quote:

My Ambiente has got the black skirt/lip under the front bumper if that is what you are talking about Sam.

But then it is a Sep 2015 model. May be they are not giving it in the 2016 ones.

Quote:

Also is there an option to fit the My Ford Dock at the dealer level in the ambiente variant along with an aftermarket ICE?
If you get the myFord dock as an accessory you will not get Aux input with it. Stupid as it may sound of Ford, Myford Docks are not coming with a Aux input, just a USB. There is a hole for Aux input but not a port. I had a lengthy discussion with the Accessory manager wondering on the omission and he was at loss of logic too.

But I haven't missed it much. The ford system bluetooth connects 5 phones simultaneously and there is one less cable.

Quote:

Got the delivery on Friday, 26th February. It was like I was taking delivery of my 2nd new car in 4 months
Congratulations!! on your second car delivery Sam! Happy for you.

Good to know they did a good job. I am of the impression that side impacts are a little harder to correct than frontal or back ones.

Do share how she drives after her return. Is it the same as before.
Old 1st March 2016, 09:37   #704
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the ASPIRE logo has changed.

This is what came with the car - Oct 2015
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_091150.jpg

And this is what was replaced after repairs - Feb 2016
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160301_091122.jpg

Notice the difference in the letters. It was all uppercase before. Now it is lowercase after the A.

I think the older one was much better.

Can recent buyers confirm if this is indeed correct. Or have the Ford guys put in an older/duplicate version on my car.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 16:33   #705

Quote:

Got the delivery on Friday, 26th February. It was like I was taking delivery of my 2nd new car in 4 months .
Glad to see your car back home samaspire.

The job does seem very well done. The time period does seem long though.

Best wishes ahead
omprakashp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed