Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 13:11   #736
BHPian

Re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised & paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

Similar case as Senator Mumbai who was forced to shut down by Skoda as it was their regular practice to take full payments from customer by offering quick delivery and once payment is received they will delay delivery of your vehicle and use your money interest free for the duration. Unfortunately the same thing has happened to you here and the dealer will use your money for 3 months interest free. Team Bhpians at least being informed buyers should never fall for the trap of make full payment to get early delivery.

Your best bet will be to cancel the booking and ask for a full refund and go to some other dealer. I do not think even Ford India will be able to help you out here.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:34   #737
Team-BHP Support

Re: Sanvi Ford Nalgonda fails to deliver promised & paid-up Aspire, offers "compromise" instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post

Mr.Vasunth mentioned verbally an on-road price of 9.80lakhs for the Figo Aspire Titanium plus 1.5TDCI model in ruby red color. And that price included zero-depreciation IFFCO Tokio insurance. So I asked them to give me a quotation for the same.

But the quotation I received from Sanvi Ford was for 10.14lakhs and they told me that they will give me return cheque for the difference amount at the time of delivery. They promised to deliver the car with in 10 days.
Why didn't you get an invoice clearly stating the final price?

If they were shy of doing that, you should have ensured the cashback cheque was issued before handing over your full amount

Since this is your word vs their word, you do not have much of a leg to stand on
Old 17th March 2016, 13:42   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Sorry, I don't understand the above. Why would they take 10.14l, instead of 9.8l and give a return cheque for the difference?
When I bought my Vento 5 years ago, I was eligible for the corporate discount of 16,000 that VW was offering. However the sales advisor told me that they would bill be the entire on-the-road amount (10.10L) and that a cheque for the corporate discount would be handed over to me within 3 weeks after delivery. Something about taking it out of the dealer's own margin, I guess.

It was all above board and I got the cheque as promised. This could be what happened here as well- difficult to say without OP's confirmation.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:55   #739
BHPian

You must have read about hybrid cars. In those scenarios most components work quite differently from normal cars.

About your voltage readings, the voltage will drop according to components drawing power from the battery. Your starter motor will take up most current when operated. Other high current drawers are like headlights, HVAC, etc. When these are running you will see a difference in voltage readings. Try it out.
Old 17th March 2016, 18:09   #740
BHPian

Re: Auto Dimming IRVM with Reverse Camera - Ford Figo/Ford Figo Aspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
There is a gear shift indicator. Maybe your Eco Mode is off, therefore it doesn't indicate to upshift.
Mine is the Ambiente. It does not have the ECO mode. Now I understand that Gear shift indicators are supposed to come with Eco mode but I see no reason why it cannot be provided as a standalone feature. Atleast, they shouldn't have advertised it such.

It would not have made a big difference to the mileage I get, and I know their marketing dept made a mistake in the brochure but when they use small features to differentiate their products from others in the market or even their own variants, one feels shortchanged.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 03:52   #741
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Special thanks to @Noopster for working on my posts. So kind of you.

Hi Friends.

Am really sorry for the delay in updating this thread. Below is the next email which was sent to ford india on 15/03/2016.

Dear Ford India.

It is pathetic that the ford india is encouraging the dealership to fool there customers. As per the conference call from ford india yesterday, your dealer is asking me to take the refund. And Ford India person is trying to convince me on that. When I declined the offer then the person from Ford India asked me to wait for a day so that she can come back to me on this after talking to her senior.

I never expected this kind of strategy from a good company. I would like to make it very clear to you that at any point in time I am not ready to take the refund from the dealer or Ford India. The dealership has cheated me by saying that they will deliver the car on or before 15/03/2016 if I give them full payment in advance. And now when I questioned ford india about this, Ford India is supporting its dealership and convincing me to simply take the refund.

This is what I understand by looking at the their attitude

1. Their dealerships can pull money from the customer when ever they are in need of money and they can refund it back to the customer ones there need is fulfilled.
2. When the customer opposes it then the they will try to convince the customer to take the refund. Inspite of taking action on the dealership and doing needful to the customer.
3. It is sad to know that an American company is very poor at punctuality. I need to followup on the complaint; time and time again by calling the helpline and staying on hold for at least 20 minutes.

I request them to not to behave like this at least with your old customers who trust you at all times.

Anticipating quick response.

Best Wishes
Suman Bhokray

After this email I got a phone call from Mr. Nithin from Ford India on 16/03/2016.

This time it was too much. Mr. Nithin was offering me money refund with interest from the dealer. I was completely irritated this time. I made it very clear to him that I am not a moneylender to lend money on interest. And I also told him that now am not going to take the refund even if the dealership pays me double the money. Later the dealer contacted me over the phone and tried to convince me. But my answer was the same.

On 17/03/2016 Mr Lukas from the Ford dealership Sanvi Ford Nalgonda came to me and tried a lot to convince me to take the refund. But my answer was the same. I told him that I want my car for which Sanvi Ford Nalgonda had taken money from me; that too in 2 days since the promised date is already crossed.

He said he will get back to me by 18/03/2016.

Friends I just don't want to take a step back. because these guys fooled us and played with my family emotions.

Last edited by ampere : 18th March 2016 at 06:22. Reason: Fixed Punctuation
sumanbhokray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 06:19   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm confused. Isn't a company supposed to sell cars? Why are they pushing for a refund+interest instead of delivering the car. Ok may be they have to source it from the plant or other dealers. But still doable.

However from a customer's pov just cut your agony by getting the refund and getting the car from some other dealer if possible. What if they bless you with a lemon? I wouldn't be too sure sending the car for service to such a dealer.

P.S: Don't take it the wrong way but that mail of yours to Ford was poorly written. Take help next time. It's just a rant without actually saying what is it that you want from Ford.

Last edited by kiku007 : 18th March 2016 at 06:21.
kiku007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 07:54   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

@suman- agree with kiku. Please take the refund with interest as offered by the dealer. Sometimes a clean break is the best solution. If you refuse this offer they may delay your delivery or pull some other stunt out of spite. Take your money and run!! And when I mean run, go to another Ford dealer (if you are still set on the Aspire) or another carmaker for a test drive
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 08:31   #744
BHPian

Hi Suman,

+1 to above views.

I know, what happened with you is indeed bad, but in your interest it is better to take refund with interest offered and look for other dealers. I remember you mentioned that the dealer had agreed to pay you certain sum after delivery, for all that has happened, I will not be surprised if the dealer refuses to pay that amount even if you are able to get the car delivered from him.

So better run with your money before this gets more ccomplicated.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 18th March 2016 at 08:36.
Old 18th March 2016, 09:52   #745
BHPian

Hi Suman,
My 2 bits - take the money and run! One in the hand is better than two in the bush!
Ford as a company may be good - but if you are already doubting the intentions of the dealer, then it makes no sense trusting them to give you a good car!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:23   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Special thanks to @Noopster for working on my posts. So kind of you.

Hi Friends.

Am really sorry for the delay in updating this thread. Below is the next email which was sent to ford india on 15/03/2016.
This is brazen display of arrogance and if the dealer and company attitude seems to be legit, God save this company from going in the direction Chevrolet is heading in India.

I would suggest take your money and approach another dealer interested to sell because beginning your ownership experience on such sour note is not going to make you feel good

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th March 2016 at 13:57. Reason: Please do not quote a long post for a short reply. Thanks!
Old 18th March 2016, 12:36   #747
BHPian

I don't understand one thing. When the word refund was there in the dialog in the first place, it meant that in the case of non-delivery, Ford would give a refund. Which it is doing. So why not just take it, pay another dealer upfront and get the car? Sounds pretty simple instead of persecuting those sorry buch of losers and wasting your own time. No?
Old 18th March 2016, 12:40   #748
BHPian

hi Suman,

It is indeed sorry state of affairs you are going through, take a relaxed approach and accept refund with interest and look for better option. As suggested by members this is better if not best in present situation!! (my view!)

Imagine if a DEMO/Such car is delivered to you (just for the sake of closing the complaint that you raised) that situation would be more worse.

Relax and think cool!! Sometimes its better to let go than to hold on!! Take informed decision, look out other dealers/ perhaps car altogether, if any, that matches Aspire's VFM.

Cheers!
novicefreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:09   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
Aspire reached speeds in excess of 100 kph extremely briskly. Cruising along the highway, I realized how true the words of fellow BHPian Mobike008 were,when he said that Aspire TDCi can outrun most of the cars in the highway with a performance that defies its small car status.Brawling Sumos,Innovas and Taveras,the boisterous yellow plate Dzires and the boy-racer small hatches were out-gunned easily.During returning,dusk had fallen and by the time I hit the highway the trucks were having a field day.The Aspire was easy and sure-footed to pilot, as I had to weave in and out of the trucks hogging all the lanes.
Congrats on your Aspire TDCi and nice to see you picked up the same color as mine. Those pictures look terrific. Blue is standing out in front of those lush green fields

Nice to know your enjoying the TDCi. As mentioned several times, it's indeed a pocket rocket and very sure-footed at that

Good to know everyone including rear passengers are belted. Keep up with the safety net. Good job !

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
My Aspire TDCi has crossed 5700km now. Couple of questions:1) The alternator never switches off while driving, even on 30 min plus trips
When you switch on the ignition and wait for 10 seconds, all indications on the console should go away before you start the Aspire TDCi

When your vehicle is running, it should not display anything on the instrument cluster

Here are a couple of images taken last evening of my TDCi

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_2144.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_2145.jpg

As you can see, I have completed 9,300kms and 10K service is upcoming. And, I haven't got any notifications yet about the service interval

Please have your car checked by Ford ASC !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:17   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealership has cheated me by saying that they will deliver the car on or before 15/03/2016 if I give them full payment in advance. And now when I questioned ford india about this, Ford India is supporting its dealership and convincing me to simply take the refund.

Friends I just don't want to take a step back. because these guys fooled us and played with my family emotions.
You may be morally right in sticking to your stand, but remember that even if you get your car now, you will be dealing with the same dealer for all the after sales service (I assume you have no other options).
Do you really want that?

Note that even if Ford allots a car to you now, it will take about 6-10 days for it reach your location.

And post this on the other public forums also.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed