Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 09:58   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

I went back to the body shop yesterday for a follow up visit. Had a couple of small issues that needed to be looked at. The guys attended to my car on a priority basis and resolved all the issues immediately.

1) The rear right door was making more noise than the other and on investigation we realised that the rubber bumper knob was missing.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160325_093007.jpg

The confusion for them here was that some Ambientes do not have a provision for this - ie. even the hole for the knob is not provided!! That is really bad cost cutting by Ford - I mean much will they save there. Without the rubber the door might start rattling soon.

2) A clip was missing from the plastic casing around the boot lock, which was installed.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160325_092928.jpg

3) One mudflap's 3m tape had worn off and it was replaced.

4) Had a new scratch on the door which was waxed and polished off.

Very happy with the service and attention given.

Gleaned some other information while I was there.

1) Muthoot Finance has purchased 1800 Ambinete diesels
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160324_105012.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160324_105022.jpg

2) Ecosport parts cost have been significantly reduced. Eg. The rear windshield that was costing around 7k is now sold for about 3k. Looks like Ford is finally getting it's act together.

3) Saw a Fusion there - it has insanely priced parts. Hatch - 30k, RHS headlights 15K, LHS headlights 12k

4) Don't know if this is breaking news, but all Ford cars and spares are now coming from Sanand, Gujarat - not Chennai. May or may not be a temporary arrangement. Are they moving out of Chennai?
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 07:44   #782
BHPian

Guys I need help for buying floor mats for my Aspire as i am not able to get exact fit mats in my local city. Kindly provide me a link for buying the same online which has been actually tried in this car. Thanks in advance.
shahbaz.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 10:06   #783
Senior - BHPian

Just discovered something. If the car is unlocked and left overnight, then opening the doors will not activate the cabin light. Seems like all electronic activities are in sleep mode. May be a good thing as there will be no /minimal battery consumption. (Does this mean that the OBD reader will also be powered down?)

In my Alto, anytime I open the door, the cabin lights will switch on.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 15:27   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz.k View Post
Guys I need help for buying floor mats for my Aspire as i am not able to get exact fit mats in my local city. Kindly provide me a link for buying the same online which has been actually tried in this car. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

As far as I know, Ford dealers have mats that fit in perfectly, rest available elsewhere are like "one size for all" concept.

I did opt for one at showroom (priced higher, but hey, you also get that OEM type feel and boot mat is included) when taking delivery and next thing I ordered transparent type foot mats (set of 4) through PAYTM.

Hope this helps!! enjoy TDCi-ing!!!
Old 28th March 2016, 16:45   #785
BHPian

Aspire has GC of 174mm, but it does bottom out during certain situations on some of the ( in-famous ) non-technical speed breakers, is this related to Aspire's suspension? I have this comparison based on FIAT Palio and TATA IndigoCS vehicles that I drove earlier & none of these vehicles scrapped.

My observation is that Aspire suspension is on softer side and once the front wheels go over a speed breaker the suspension in action comes down resulting in mid, tail end scrapping/touching the under-body. Workaround: I am now over cautious while driving over speed breakers and this helps so far. Do you recommend spacers something of this sort I read in another post here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-170.html
thanks!
Old 9th April 2016, 13:12   #786
BHPian

Hi Guys,

my Aspire AT has completed 3000 kMs, and doing great!

Got the first service done at 2500 KMs, was a smooth affair as they offered home pick-up and drop facility. Washing/ cleaning was good. The front door squeaking noise is gone (apparently due to mis-positioned rubber beading).

However, surprisingly, the workshop guys could not figure out the 2 issues that I had asked to sort out: 1. deactivate the seat-belt warning chime (which is addressed in owner manual: to contact service station for deactivation) and 2. Up the focus of Fog lights. Apparently they could not find a solution from Ford... surprising!

Overall, the love affair keeps growing, and the car is proving to be a real fun in city driving. FE has now stabilized at approx 12.5 KMPL.

Cheers/ AB
Ashish B is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 19:53   #787
BHPian

My newly purchased Ford Aspire which has run only 2000 kms till date returned an excellent mileage of 20.6 recently. This was calculated using the Tankful method. One thing worth noting here is that the average fuel economy as per the MID was 19.8 during the said tankful. The MID was reset at the time of fuel filling. Has anyone on the forum experienced this increase in actual mileage over the one reported by the car's MID? It has always been the other way around.
Old 10th April 2016, 21:18   #788
BANNED

Quote:
Has anyone on the forum experienced this increase in actual mileage over the one reported by the car's MID? It has always been the other way around.
Congratulations on the Aspire.

To ascertain a average FE it'll be better if you check for the consecutive 3 to 4 full tanks rather than narrowing down on 1.

To also ascertain the approximate difference between MID and real-time tankful calculations it'll take you 3 to 4 full tanks.

This is what I have learnt on my Swift ZDi.
Old 10th April 2016, 21:39   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations on the Aspire.

To ascertain a average FE it'll be better if you check for the consecutive 3 to 4 full tanks rather than narrowing down on 1.

To also ascertain the approximate difference between MID and real-time tankful calculations it'll take you 3 to 4 full tanks.

This is what I have learnt on my Swift ZDi.
Thanks Anurag. I will surely be calculating the average FE of my car over a longer period of time and I am positive it is surely going to increase as the engine completes the run in phase. I just wanted to know whether such an increase has been encountered by fellow bhpians or is this a one off case?
Old 10th April 2016, 21:49   #790
BANNED

Quote:
I just wanted to know whether such an increase has been encountered by fellow bhpians or is this a one off case?
In my case, my MID and real-time data is same. Sometimes the MID displays 0.2kmpl more.
Old 11th April 2016, 08:04   #791
BHPian

I realise some of new gen Figo / Aspire mentioned about SYNC issues and workaround was suggested. I tried those steps but issue recurring at regular intervals. Any thoughts on next steps ?
Old 11th April 2016, 12:43   #792
BHPian

Saw a yellow board Aspire TDCI on the way to work today. Getting close, I was surprised to see the Titanium badge. Got even closer, became even more surprised to see the 4" display screen and leather seats. Yes, Titanium+ it was. Good thing that the driver was very sedate. Can't imagine that car in the hands of a rash Indicabbie. Do the cabbies really make so much money that they can buy top variants and still save enough? Asking as I saw 2 yellow board Ciaz ZDI+ today as well.

Back on topic, it is bad that Ford has started to sell the Aspire for taxis already. I have seen much more yellow board Aspires than white boards. It will push the already limited private buyers away from it, similar to Etios. A Ford will never see as much success in taxi space as seen by Toyotas either. They should have been a bit more patient. Now they will just find themselves in no man's land

I remember one of the owners mentioning about heavy roof noise during rains. Is it a one off case or are other owners experiencing it too?
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:22   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Saw a yellow board Aspire TDCI on the way to work today.

I remember one of the owners mentioning about heavy roof noise during rains. Is it a one off case or are other owners experiencing it too?
1. I think the dealer wouldn't mind any sale as long as he sells something

2. We will know about the prevalence of the roof noise issue once the rainy season sets in properly, but it was there in my car and I've got it fixed, as posted here previously. The reason for it is that Ford has skimped on adding dampers to the driver side roof. Would have cost them maybe 100 rs. Adding it is a easy DIY or a 10 min job for the service centre.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 14:20   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
We will know about the prevalence of the roof noise issue once the rainy season sets in properly, but it was there in my car and I've got it fixed, as posted here previously. The reason for it is that Ford has skimped on adding dampers to the driver side roof. Would have cost them maybe 100 rs. Adding it is a easy DIY or a 10 min job for the service centre.
Could you please post the link to the post? I searched and could not find it.
Old 11th April 2016, 15:40   #795
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

Could you please post the link to the post? I searched and could not find it.
I guess this is the link Samaspire is referring to, An I right?!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3905131

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
2. We will know about the prevalence of the roof noise issue once the rainy season sets in properly
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks