Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 17:00   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess this is the link Samaspire is referring to, Am I right?!
You are correct. Here are some additional photos of the roof. I do not have any after the installation but I can feel the difference by tapping on the roof.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_123739.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160130_123712.jpg

If you have a new steel kitchen wash basin then you can see that it has a black rubber piece stuck to the underside. The principle is the same.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-htb1pp.ffvxxxxatxfxxq6xxfxxxv.jpg

Image from Google to illustrate the point
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 22:31   #797
BANNED

Guys need urgent help. Today on my way to in laws house, my Aspire automatic was having problem of power loss at low rpms. There was mild juddering at low rpms. I reached their place and kept the car in neutral and revved the car, but the rpm meter won't go above 3000. What could be the reason? No malfunction lights have propped up. Is it safe to drive back to my house, around 90kms?
Old 13th April 2016, 22:48   #798
BHPian

This had happened with my Aspire (diesel) couple of times but got resolved by itself after sometime. Do you see spanner/engine symbol in the MID? If not, it should be ok to drive back.

Any AT owners ever had this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Guys need urgent help. Today on my way to in laws house, my Aspire automatic was having problem of power loss at low rpms. There was mild juddering at low rpms. I reached their place and kept the car in neutral and revved the car, but the rpm meter won't go above 3000. What could be the reason? No malfunction lights have propped up. Is it safe to drive back to my house, around 90kms?
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 08:43   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
You are correct. Here are some additional photos of the roof. I do not have any after the installation but I can feel the difference by tapping on the roof.
Is this half-damping only for petrol or is it the same for diesels too?
Just asking because generally diesel cars get more damping in the engine bay.
May be some guy at ford would have suggested this cost saving idea!

Also, people going for ICE upgrade in this car should think of putting the same damping material on the front portion of the roof as well for better sound insulation

Quote:
The car is going into the limp-home mode. Some faulty sensor may be the culprit here.
You can drive small distances and get it diagnosed ASAP (if it doesn't get solved automatically as sudhirnam has written)
Electronics in cars are bound to give such problems

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th April 2016 at 08:49.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 09:21   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any updates on your car. Was the car okay in the morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Is this half-damping only for petrol or is it the same for diesels too?
Just asking because generally diesel cars get more damping in the engine bay.
The guys who had posted about the noisy roof were all diesel owners, so I assume it's the same for all cars.

Ford has found these small hidden ways to cut costs - wonder how much would they be saving here. Another instance is that the Petrol Ambiente does not get any damping in the back wall of the engine bay. I don't think the Trend variant gets it either.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 19:14   #801

In the past month I have been seeing a lot of Figos and Aspires on the road, 3 other Aspires in my office parking alone. On an average I am seeing 2 Figo/Aspire on the road every time I go out.

Would be interested in seeing the latest sales figures and see if this goes beyond Hyderabad.
Old 14th April 2016, 20:31   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrammohan View Post
In the past month I have been seeing a lot of Figos and Aspires on the road, 3 other Aspires in my office parking alone. On an average I am seeing 2 Figo/Aspire on the road every time I go out.

Would be interested in seeing the latest sales figures and see if this goes beyond Hyderabad.
I too felt the same - last 2-3 weeks, there are quite a few figos seen on the streets in Bangalore. I thought it is more of year end effect (coupled with the decision to buy 2016 car).
Old 15th April 2016, 15:24   #803
BHPian

Aspire and New Figo launches are now officially acknowledged for lackluster response by Ford, they simply did not have a plan in place before and they don't have it even now. I must say that the company has failed to approach the market with a strong belief in their new products, probably they got overconfident with the monopoly and word of mouth publicity they got from Ecosport launch.

This is the only period before the festive season sets in after monsoon where the storm kicked in by juggernaut of new launches has settled in slightly and marketing efforts to increase presence of Figo Twins can be intensified. It is radio silence from all quarters in the company going by the current state.

If you happen to examine their social media strategy one can find posts on FB page and Twitter account where Ford car images are put up with slogans like 'The Weekend is here' etc. etc. makes me wonder if there is any agency involved or a 12-13 year old social media enthusiast managing their account?

There is no visible attempt to engage customers on social media, leave aside the completely missing TVC and Print media strategy, Company like Nissan made a bold move sponsoring the T20 World cup tournament, so we can hope Ford would some day sponsor some gully/mohalla cricket or kabbadi challenge at least.

Links below:
1) Ford cuts production target in wake of slow Figo, Aspire sales
2) How new launches are bringing passenger vehicles back on fast track
KreativeGeek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 16:14   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
If you happen to examine their social media strategy one can find posts on FB page and Twitter account where Ford car images are put up with slogans like 'The Weekend is here' etc. etc. makes me wonder if there is any agency involved or a 12-13 year old social media enthusiast managing their account?

There is no visible attempt to engage customers on social media, leave aside the completely missing TVC and Print media strategy, Company like Nissan made a bold move sponsoring the T20 World cup tournament, so we can hope Ford would some day sponsor some gully/mohalla cricket or kabbadi challenge at least.
Their FB strategy is funny. Although, they have become more active these days compared to the occasional few posts one saw a few months back. Barely, 30 people comment on these posts and that too majority are negative comments. No wonder what kind of impression a prospective buyer would be getting. I also pity the moderator of that page who keeps asking for contact details promising that someone from Ford would get back to listen to their issues. Why let someone raise an issue in the first place? First point resolution is the best resolution. Reworks or second time resolutions are always costly both in terms of resources and goodwill. Hope Ford learns soon.

With a heavy heart I am compelled to ask, is it the time to officially declare the Figo twins dud? Indian consumer is not very forgiving and products that do not do well initially rarely get a second chance. Ford has lost it, guess.

Last edited by AKTRACK : 15th April 2016 at 16:17. Reason: Adding comment.
Old 15th April 2016, 17:24   #805
BHPian

Had a couple of issues with my Aspire.
1. There was a strange noise from the engine bay when the engine was switched off after driving lasting for a couple of seconds. Sounds tiny and mechanical.
2. The DTE (Distance to Empty) info in the MID was wrong. It seems that after refueling, DTE did not reset. It was showing 0 even though fuel was available in the tank.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-mid_dte_0.jpg

3. Slightly pulling towards left.

Got it checked at service center. DTE counter was reset correctly. Front wheels were interchanged and wheel alignment done.
SA told me he could not hear the sound from engine (in fact the service center was noisy!). However he suggested it could be from camshaft coming to rest or something like that and not a cause of worry.
Did any one else ever had these issues?
Old 15th April 2016, 17:45   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
With a heavy heart I am compelled to ask, is it the time to officially declare the Figo twins dud? Indian consumer is not very forgiving and products that do not do well initially rarely get a second chance. Ford has lost it, guess.
I think its too early to write them off. Remember there are still prospective buyers in India who believe in good products.

Ford should really getting out of their comfort zone and start doing below activities if they want to survive in this market.

- Encourage sales teams by provide them good amount of incentives
- Spend more on advertising through social Media or at least frequent newspaper adds which will make their present felt in market
- Offer test drive campaigns across corporate sector like offices / Banks & housing societies. Most others brand do these tactics even they are selling in good numbers.
- Improve pre & after sales experience which is not so good as of now
nilpat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 09:27   #807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The car is going into the limp-home mode. Some faulty sensor may be the culprit here.
You can drive small distances and get it diagnosed ASAP (if it doesn't get solved automatically as sudhirnam has written)
Electronics in cars are bound to give such problems
Thank you sudhirnam, Hemanth.anand. I took the car to Ford service centre, as usual the car was behaving normally there, they didn't find anything. I came back to my house and on my way back got hit from behind by a moron who was tail gating. I'm a very short tempered person. But experiences shared by team-bhpians have sobered me I guess. I came out, checked the damaged and asked the guy to drive carefully. I saw his wife in the passenger seat getting terrified. When I went without making a scene, I could see in my ORVM that guy standing perplexed on the road! My wife who is very patient , asked me why you didn't give him a slap ! I told her no one has the right to slap another person, he made a mistake, we can try to squeeze some money or claim insurance. We all make mistakes, fighting will only create negativity. I believe that guy would be more cautious henceforth. If he had deliberately done that, well I'm not sure whether I would have reacted the same way. My wife is even more perplexed than the guy who hit my car I guess .
The Rationalist is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 09:36   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
2. The DTE (Distance to Empty) info in the MID was wrong. It seems that after refueling, DTE did not reset. It was showing 0 even though fuel was available in the tank.
One question about this issue - Did you by any chance, fill the fuel with the engine running? If that is the case, the DTE does not reset and will only do when you fill fuel again.

Happened by mistake with my FIgo by someone in the family.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th April 2016 at 06:54. Reason: Fixing quote tag
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 10:33   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
One question about this issue - Did you by any chance, fill the fuel with the engine running? If that is the case, the DTE does not reset and will only do when you fill fuel again.

Happened by mistake with my FIgo by someone in the family.
Engine was not running but maybe the ignition was on. SA at Ford also indicated to me that this could be a reason for the issue.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 14:47   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Aspire and New Figo launches are now officially acknowledged for lackluster response by Ford, they simply did not have a plan in place before and they don't have it even now.......
Well, FORD attitude is what it matters and things are just beginning to open up...Figo Twins fail!!!

I purchased my vehicle just after launch and while the attitude of SA was good but the higher management weren't just interested, let me quote my experience, there were no offers(citing new launch no offers reason) while squeezing the illegal handling charges too, next is my car delivery happened beyond 7pm due to loan formalities etc and except the SA and his pals, I couldn't see the Manager /top tier present there, contrary to the experience my colleague who got a different brand car just a week later(about evening time) and I accompanied him, the treatment was much better, SA was good and the Manager was present there to oversee all the formalities went on smoothly under his supervision, its just the presence that makes a huge difference in customer's point of view it was such a sense of satisfaction, and I could relate very much how my experience was like low-key-all-alone type. I would say FORD's dont care attitude cost here.
novicefreak is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed