Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2016, 08:06   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Here's another major accident, but this one is a Figo. This was T-Boned, probably by a truck.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20160731wa0002.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20160731wa0001.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img20160731wa0000.jpg

Again both driver and passenger survived without any major injuries. The car though, is a total loss as the whole frame has twisted.

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2016 at 13:25.
samaspire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 14:04   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Here's another major accident, but this one is a Figo. This was T-Boned, probably by a truck.

Again both driver and passenger survived without any major injuries. The car though, is a total loss as the whole frame has twisted.
Oh! That looks really bad. Again, glad to hear the driver and passengers were saved. This could have happened at some junction. Restoration of the car will be as good as making a new one.
sudhirnam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 20:32   #948
Senior - BHPian

Ford Aspire prices cut by as much as Rs.91,000.00.

The maximum cut is on the 1.2 Titanium and the Diesel Titanium. Ambinete and AT prices remain unchanged. Trend gets a discount of 25,000 while Titanium+ gets 65,000 OFF.

The Figo also gets cuts upto Rs.50,000

Source: Autocarindia
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-402734.aspx
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 07:13   #949
BHPian

Took delivery of Ford Aspire 1.5 diesel a few days back but, but, I'm shielded from the price cuts coz, it's an ambiente variant . Took the delivery directly from the Ford India factory at Sanand, Gujarat. Actually my car was under part load and it would still take some more days if it was transported via the trailers. As the delivery was already delayed very much, I requested the company authorities and was granted permission to take the car from the factory. Needless to mention, the factory of Ford India is HUGE and is located just beside the Tata Nano plant. According to unconfirmed reports there were approximately 10,000 figo's and aspire's in the stockyard at that time. I wonder how much of a hit Ford India would have taken on their ready stock because of the recent price corrections.

At the factory there were some 35 Mustang's being unloaded from the trailers and oh boy, what a sight it was It was drool worthy seeing so many Mustang's all at one place, red and black being my favorite.

Coming back to my humble Aspire, I and the driver drove all the way from Sanand to Surat by maintaining a speed of nearly 70 kmph and never crossed 80 kmph. The car is a breeze to drive and is effortless in city too, more so when I compare it to my previous gen Figo diesel. Managed to get a discount of 65k on the OTR in addition to the 16k saved on the insurance which was done by me, so that brings up a total savings of nearly 81k. Though the car will not be for my personal use, will be used as a taxi and driven by my driver, I'm enjoying it as of now.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 22:32   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Took delivery of Ford Aspire 1.5 diesel a few days back but, but, I'm shielded from the price cuts coz, it's an ambiente variant . Took the delivery directly from the Ford India factory at Sanand, Gujarat. Actually my car was under part load and it would still take some more days if it was transported via the trailers.
At the factory there were some 35 Mustang's being unloaded from the trailers and oh boy, what a sight it was It was drool worthy seeing so many Mustang's all at one place, red and black being my favorite.
Though the car will not be for my personal use, will be used as a taxi and driven by my driver, I'm enjoying it as of now.
Congrats for the new car. For the first time I hear someone taking delivery directly from the factory .
I happen to see a Mustang on road here in Goa. True beast and 35 already sold! If VW can introduce Polo GTI, why cant Ford bring in Fiesta ST and Focus to India?
Old 13th August 2016, 23:29   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
Congrats for the new car. For the first time I hear someone taking delivery directly from the factory .
I happen to see a Mustang on road here in Goa. True beast and 35 already sold! If VW can introduce Polo GTI, why cant Ford bring in Fiesta ST and Focus to India?
Thanks for the wishes. As per the dealer too mine was the first time that any customer, from their dealership, had taken the delivery directly from the factory.

I assume the actual sale of mustangs to be much higher and not just 35 units because 35 cars were being unloaded from the trailers at that particular point of time.
Old 16th August 2016, 09:49   #952
Senior - BHPian

Now that the rains are well and truly on us all over India, does anybody have any feedback on the sound of water drops being heard inside the cabin. We had discussed this earlier (the initial deliveries) and people had mentioned noise resonance from water hitting the roof. Anybody?
Old 16th August 2016, 13:01   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Now that the rains are well and truly on us all over India, does anybody have any feedback on the sound of water drops being heard inside the cabin. We had discussed this earlier (the initial deliveries) and people had mentioned noise resonance from water hitting the roof. Anybody?
Though I have a Figo but I believe the roof should more or less be same as that of Aspire. Now I have driven the car mostly in the mild rains that we have here in Pune but have also driven it in very heavy rains through Tamhini ghat and of course Lonavla and I can safely say that the noise is bearable; nothing alarming so to say.

Once, on a patch from Panvel to Lonavla it was raining awfully hard, my wife was so scared that she wanted me to wait it out but I didn't since anyway halting on Expressway is not allowed and with the low visibility there are high chances of vehicle ramming from behind (especially since I have seen how people overtake on Eway). Even in that rain, the rain noise was not as loud so as to dampen the music.

Perhaps I am comparing it to my good ol' Santro, that's why, perhaps.

Others please comment.
Old 16th August 2016, 14:19   #954
BHPian

Quote:
I drove the car 800kms through incessant heavy rains this weekend and I did not find the noise to be excessive in any way. I would say the amount of rain noise seeping into the cabin in my figo is comparable to my old swift. It is bearable, but then I drive with music on most of the time . A few things I disliked after driving the car in rains were the big a pillars and the lack of rear wind screen wipers on the trend version of the figo which are absolutely essential in the rainy season. Visibility is always low during rainy weather due to fog/condensation on glass surfaces and the thick a pillar further adds to the problem.
Old 16th August 2016, 19:29   #955
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven Aspire extensively during heavy monsoon of Goa and did not find the sound of water hitting the roof uncomfortable. There should be some kind of sound proofing on the roof as well. At least it did not sound like drops falling on a thin sheet of metal.
Old 16th August 2016, 22:48   #956
Senior - BHPian

Here's a link to the previous discussion.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3950012

The initial batches were missing some roof damping. Maybe they have fixed it in the later batches.

FYI - My car has been super silent this rainy season.

-Sam
Old 17th August 2016, 08:39   #957
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been reading about the sound on the roof for many weeks now but, I somehow forgot to share my updates

Have been driving plenty in monsoons and have done long distance driving also in heavy rains (recent being a drive to Goa)

Never ever the rain falling on roof of car has disturbed me

And, I'm extremely finicky about sounds and immediately find source and take steps to eliminate it. For e.g : if there is a light rustle in car (plastic paper rubbing against any panel or some metal item making sound with plastic etc.

Here is a video of me driving on Amboli ghats in torrential rains and there was nothing with regards to rain falling on roof sound to be alarmed of

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th August 2016 at 08:40.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 17:01   #958
BHPian

Even I have not noticed any concerning issue related to sound of rain drops on the roof this monsoon, it's only when you drive past some trees with dense branches a heavy splash of water drops on the windshield glass which makes you take notice of the sound on impact other than that overall dampening is better compared to my experience driving Beat earlier.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 18:58   #959
BHPian

Need some advice related to my Aspire 1.5 diesel. I've completed 1,000 kms a couple of days back and in these kms I never crossed 80 kmph or revved beyond 2000-2100 rpm.

After completing 1,000 kms, whenever I accelerate the car in 5th gear, there is strong vibration and humming noise felt around 80-85 kmph and after crossing 95 kmph the vibration subsides and the car behaves normally. This happens when I drive spiritedly or even if there is moderate acceleration. Only when I accelerate very slowly, I don't feel the vibration or the humming. This behavior is not noticed in any other gear or speed.

Will be taking the car to the service center within a day or two but can someone point out the reason for this? Or has anybody also faced this kind of problem?

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 18th August 2016 at 18:59.
Old 18th August 2016, 19:18   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Need
After completing 1,000 kms, whenever I accelerate the car in 5th gear, there is strong vibration and humming noise felt around 80-85 kmph and after crossing 95 kmph the vibration subsides and the car behaves normally.
Sounds like you have a wheel balancing issue, which is not gear related but speed related, so see if you get the same vibrations at the speed you mentioned in 4th. A simple fix if it is the above.

Good luck.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks