Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 20:02   #961
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

I don't think there's any issue with the alignment but will get it checked anyway. According to me it could be something to do with the bearing or the hub or maybe some mounts may not be fastened properly. Hoping that nothing major is detected. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 20th August 2016, 19:45   #962
Senior - BHPian

Achieved 23.5 Kmpl ( Avg Kmpl on screen ) on smooth tarmac, over the course of 200 Kms. If you keep a check on your right foot, and by keeping check I mean not exceeding 110 Kmph, one can achieve impressive mileage.
fz_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:07   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Achieved 23.5 Kmpl ( Avg Kmpl on screen ) on smooth tarmac, over the course of 200 Kms. If you keep a check on your right foot, and by keeping check I mean not exceeding 110 Kmph, one can achieve impressive mileage.
I used to acheive that earlier. Not these days. Mine has dropped to around 17-18. But then I used to be way careful back then Now a days I literally ride the A pedal. Its 26k KM on the Odo.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:14   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Impressive - must have taken a lot of patience

But is your's the petrol, diesel or the auto?

I suggest that whenever anyone reports mileage, let them please mention the variant.

Last edited by samaspire : 20th August 2016 at 21:16.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 21:22   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

I suggest that whenever anyone reports mileage, let them please mention the variant.
I don't think a Ford Petrol can ever reach that figure. If it did, Fords would have a different story to tell in India. If the Ford Petrol even gives a 16-18 I would consider that a bonus. Meanwhile there is very little literature out there on the web on the Ford Petrols mileage.

In fact I haven't see any brands petrol reach that no. My friend just got the Tiago petrol and has done around 1k. He is getting around 13-14. May be its too early but Tiago claims a sky high Petrol ARAI.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 22:39   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
I don't think a Ford Petrol can ever reach that figure. If it did, Fords would have a different story to tell in India. If the Ford Petrol even gives a 16-18 I would consider that a bonus. Meanwhile there is very little literature out there on the web on the Ford Petrols mileage.
Challenge Accepted!!

That mileage is very much possible with the petrol. All it needs is good roads and patience - lots of it. The last trip I took from Manipal to Bangalore I was hovering between 20-21 kmpl with speeds around 80 kmph. But then the road was too tempting to maintain that speed and we were making too many pitstops. I think I ended up with 18 or 19 over that 400 km including the bangalore traffic for about 20 km.

Next time I'll see if I can rein in the temptation and achieve that 23 kmpl figure. Trust me, even more is possible
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 23:15   #967
BHPian

I have the diesel figo and I have done several chandigarh-delhi trips on the NH-1 in it and for this stretch of road I easily get 23-24 kmpl when I drive at approximately 100kmph. The maximum mileage I got on this stretch was about 27 kmpl when I restricted myself to 80kmph during the running in period. All these figures are via the tankful method although the MID average economy figure is mostly accurate too.
bullrun87 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 11:36   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its a diesel Titanium ! I never crossed 2500 rpm with light traffic. Further moving on another 300 kms of medium to bad roads, plus medium traffic situation, the economy dropped to 22 kmpl. Still I think its pretty awesome, with AC on 100%.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 21:01   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
..In fact I haven't see any brands petrol reach that no...
The Suzuki K-series engines (K10 & K12) are pretty fuel efficient. You could hit those figures if you go for a drive in good highways.

Quote:
...The last trip I took from Manipal to Bangalore I was hovering between 20-21 kmpl with speeds around 80 kmph. But then the road was too tempting to maintain that speed and we were making too many pitstops. I think I ended up with 18 or 19 over that 400 km including the bangalore traffic for about 20 km.

Next time I'll see if I can rein in the temptation and achieve that 23 kmpl figure. Trust me, even more is possible
It should be possible with a mileage marathon, but difficult in real time situations. I think 21 kmpl should be more like it in real time managing around 80 kmph.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:24   #970
BHPian

hi friends, just a small update from my end, its time to renew my Car Policy &
I opted for New India Assurance at a FNA(Friendly Neighborhood Adviser :-))

It is called " Private Car Enhancement Cover Policy" (simple terms: Nil Dep.)
IDV: 589856/-
Total Rs: 11249/-

enjoy TDCi-ng :-)
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 12:59   #971
BANNED

Check out the new policy from HDFC Ergo, Its called the Diamond plan and gives you the advantage of NIL DIP+RSA+Consumables. I had recently taken the same for my XUV and if your age is above 35, you will be getting additional discount.
RAPTOR-XUV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 00:15   #972
BHPian

I drove Aspire TDCI today again after a long time. Loved the engine, ride quality was impressive.

The speedo's design appears very plain especially after staring at the one from Ecosport for a long time. Ford could have used a more stylish font and that alone would have made the speedo appear better. I tried it with some crude photoshopping,

Day (image source)
Ford Aspire : Official Review-asp-1x.jpg

Night (image source)
Ford Aspire : Official Review-asp-spd2x1.jpg

I tried some random font. It would look much better with a proper font IMO.

Last edited by theredliner : 24th August 2016 at 00:27.
Old 24th August 2016, 07:44   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

I drove Aspire TDCI today again after a long time. Loved the engine, ride quality was impressive.

I tried some random font. It would look much better with a proper font IMO.
Woah theredliner, I hope that last picture was from a 'Needle Sweep' and not shot while the car was actually speeding !!

The updated 1.5 TDCi from Ford is one of the best Oil Burners in India today, and the true potential is unleashed on the Figo twins.

Even then, I would be flattened if that picture was taken as a real world performance sprint!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 11:16   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah theredliner, I hope that last picture was from a 'Needle Sweep' and not shot while the car was actually speeding !!

The updated 1.5 TDCi from Ford is one of the best Oil Burners in India today, and the true potential is unleashed on the Figo twins.

Even then, I would be flattened if that picture was taken as a real world performance sprint!!
Of course, I did not hit 210, Vik. The car has a limiter at 5.1k RPM. Also, imagine pulling handbrake at that speed . The pic belongs to d3mon.

Agree about the engine The Titanium Figo costs 8L in KA and the cheapest quicker car (Abarth) costs full 5L more. The car still has the capable chassis of the old Figo (slightly modified). A performance suspension, a remap and an upgrade to 195/55 R15 will take this car to a whole new level.

To me, the car as a whole is a complete package (Aspire Titanium+ especially). It is difficult to get a better overall package even if one is willing to pay more.

Last edited by theredliner : 24th August 2016 at 11:23.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 12:19   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
The speedo's design appears very plain especially after staring at the one from Ecosport for a long time. Ford could have used a more stylish font and that alone would have made the speedo appear better.
I totally get what you're saying, because I too find the instrument cluster in the Figo/Aspire to be jarringly outdated, and out of step with the Sync console.

Ford might have done this for one of two reasons:
  1. Cost - the simpler cluster in the Figo/Aspire is cheaper
  2. Differentiation - to make the EcoSport's cluster appear more premium in comparison
Whatever the reason, they ended up using a cluster that feels like an iteration of the old Figo's cluster design (including a tachometer smaller than the speedometer) instead of using a smarter design.

What might have been a smarter design? While they might not have wanted to use the EcoSport's cluster, I don't know what prevented them from using the old Fiesta/Classic's instrument cluster instead:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fiesta-classic-cluster.jpg
Source: Petrolhead_neel's ownership review.

The fact that it was used in the Classic means that it was cost-effective, and it was therefore something that could have been carried forward (maybe with just a MID screen change to the blue-backlit one, and blue needles instead of red).

Last edited by arunphilip : 24th August 2016 at 12:28. Reason: Added attribution for image
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks