Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2016, 22:39   #1006
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Had some questions specifically for the ambient lights, as I have got them on my Figo and the dealer (Cargo motors, Vadodara) seems to have messed it up:

1. Where is it installed in your car (esp at rear)? My dealer installed it on the side panel near where the foot goes when we sit in the car - which is of course incorrect.

2. In my car, it is always ON when the door is unlocked (even without parking lamps). This is also a goof-up I guess, by the dealer.

3. I have the android app installed, and I can change colours, but the "power-on" option seems to do nothing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Between, I have got the Ambient Lights installed in my Aspire and whenever I feel like having some serious fun, I turn them to Red. Man, the feel in the cabin is awesome at night with the Red interiors adding that extra zing. Mostly they remain Blue or Green.
Old 8th September 2016, 04:18   #1007
BHPian

Recently renewed my policy for Ford figo aspire diesel Ambiente

Insurer Iffco Tokio
Policy taken from Dealer. Renewed with same Insurer.
IDV 5lacs
Premium paid 20203
Did not get no claim bonus as had taken a claim last year.
Policy is 0 Dep with Engine protection cover.

This policy is what is called the Ford preferred policy. Dealers have this preferred policy from iffco tokio, Royal Sundaram, New India and I don't remember the name of the 4th Insurer. The premium is on the higher side but then I did not have any problem last time in getting the claim so got this. Policies from reputed insurance companies with IDV close to mine were selling for the same amount +- 1-3k. Did some extensive research on policy bazaar, bank bazaar and cover fox. Com. The next best I liked was from ICICI but the premium was too high. Royal Sundaram also had lot of features and a little low premium and 50k more IDV but I read some negative comments on mouthshut so didn't buy. Hope this helps some of you who are planning to renew.
AKTRACK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 08:38   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently renewed my policy for Ford figo aspire diesel Ambiente

This policy is what is called the Ford preferred policy. Dealers have this preferred policy from iffco tokio, Royal Sundaram, New India and I don't remember the name of the 4th Insurer.

Royal Sundaram also had lot of features and a little low premium and 50k more IDV but I read some negative comments on mouthshut so didn't buy.
The 4th one is Bajaj Allianz.

My policy is from Royal Sundaram and I did not have any major problems with my claim other than a lazy insurance advisor - the Ford guys got their money more than a month after I took delivery of my car (and it was in the garage for 2 months). I did not have to pay a single paisa - infact I got about rs.6000 as allowance during the repair period.

My policy had cost me a little less than what Ford was offering - but with a ton of additional features.

Waiting to see what my renewal premium will be for this year.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 09:33   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks! I'm due to renew by Sep 17th and I got 2 quotes and as you can see there is a significant difference in premium for both even though IDV is same

In the garb of additional cover they are charging exorbitant for 2nd option (Quote on right)

Is there a major difference to both quotes? Inputs please?

Vehicle FORD FIGO ASPIRE AT TIT P FORD FIGO ASPIRE AT TIT P
YOM 2,015 2,015
Expiring IDV 0
Renewal IDV 721,692 721,692
Tariff rate 3.283% 3.283%
Tariff Premium 23,693 23,693
Tarifff Discount 73.40% 73.40%
T-Rate Dis.Amt 17,391 17,391
OD Premium 6,302 6,302
NCB 20% 20%
Ncb Amount. 1,260 1,260
Nett OD Premium 5,042 5,042
Basic TP 2,237 2,237
PA to Owner Driver 100 100
Unnamed PA(60000) 0 0
LL to Paid Driver 50 50
Nett Premium 7,429 7,429
Service Tax (15%) 1,114 1,114
TOTAL 8,543 8,543
Bundle Add-on Rate 0.00% 1.21%
Road Side Assistance 0 375
Bundle Add-on Premium 0 8,732
Total Add on prmium 0 9,107
ST(15%) 0 1,366
Payable Addon Premium 0 10,474
Annual Payable premium 8,543 19,017

Add-on Coverages Depreciation Reimbursement
Consumable Expenses
Return to Invoice
Engine Protector
Key Cover
Road Side Assistance
First things first
1 Pl ensure whether they are quoting for your TDCi coz here 1st line I see this "Vehicle FORD FIGO ASPIRE AT TIT P" An automatic+Petrol Combo. Some thing is not correct here, If I recall correctly yours is TDCi Titanium and the plus (thank a4anurag for wonderful gesture!!!)

2. This, I guess you are very much aware but to put it for benefit of others reading this thread, IDV is fairly simple its 20% of Ex showroom price in the present context i.e. "Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years - 20%" more info at this link: https://www.policybazaar.com/motor-i...red-value-idv/

3. NCB varies from person to person and max is capped at 50% basis my understanding and I had transferred my earlier NCB of 50% and holding on to same this year too.

4. I am not too sure about this "Bundle Add-on Premium" at eye popping 8543+ taxes.

5. RSA is covered by Ford, just that not a matter of 375+ taxes but....

6. Everything else seems OK.

hope this helps.

enjoy TDCing :-)

Last edited by novicefreak : 8th September 2016 at 09:35. Reason: few typos corrected!
novicefreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 23:26   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
Had some questions specifically for the ambient lights, as I have got them on my Figo and the dealer (Cargo motors, Vadodara) seems to have messed it up:

1. Where is it installed in your car (esp at rear)?.
Hi wantarangerover,

Two are installed on the sides of front footwells. Other two, in the B pillars, either side, down next to the seat base. The ones on B pillars remain partially hidden by the seat belts. I dont think someones feet should be touching them so easliy. I will post pictures soon.

When I open the doors they come up. Not an issue for me. And yes they are linked to the headlights or parking lamps, so they remain on when the parking lights/headlights are on.

The andoid app is very buggy. And its not just me who is having problem with the app. See the comments on play store.The app just refuses to open. I have tried to open the app in two smartphones but it behaves the same. It will open for a moment and then disappear. I have come up with a fix for this which works surprisingly. That is open the app and then exit the app immediately. Then it comes up automatically and stays on untill i click exit/back again. Gimmicky, but yes this is how it works for me. I took it to Ford where their technician looked at it but couldn't rectify it even after few uninstalls. I never expect much from them anyways

Another problem with the lights is that the blue color is very dull and thats my fav color as compared to other colors. Between, my friends like the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The 4th one is Bajaj Allianz.

My policy is from Royal Sundaram and I did not have any major problems with my claim other than a lazy insurance advisor -
Thanks for pointing the fourth insurer Sam. Good to know that you did not face any issues with your insurance. I too read the same feedback that they were slow so kinda chucked Royal Sundaram, although they had the best feature set on offer. Between, insurance is likely to cost a little more this time as lot of cesses have gone up/come up and there has been some increase in the third party premium as well across insurers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
First things first
5. RSA is covered by Ford, just that not a matter of 375+ taxes but....
Can you explain that a little novicefreak. I paid for Ford RSA in the first year. This time when i was inquiring for RSA during insurance renewal some advisors said that it is IRDA rule that auto makers must provide RSA free for the first 2 years so i need not buy it seperately or insist on that as a built in feature in the insurance.

The policy i have taken does not have a very comprehensive RSA. They just cover towing expenses upto Rs 1500.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 08:32   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Hi wantarangerover,

Two are installed on the sides of front footwells. Other two, in the B pillars, either side, down next to the seat base. The ones on B pillars remain partially hidden by the seat belts. I dont think someones feet should be touching them so easliy. I will post pictures soon.
Thanks AKTRACK for the reply!!

Mine are installed as in the image attached. It is in my line of sight, and gets in the eye while driving in the night!

I had a chat with the dealer rep, he says "it is installed where it should be, but if you want we can change it for you"

Quote:
When I open the doors they come up. Not an issue for me. And yes they are linked to the headlights or parking lamps, so they remain on when the parking lights/headlights are on.
For me, it stays ON all the time. I mean it is NOT linked to the parking lamps at all. Goes off only after i get out and lock the car. I am not sure how they can mess up such a mundane install. Just hope that they do a better job with the mechanical aspects of the car!

Image source: Google Image seach
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-newfordfigointeriorpicsblackgreydashboard2.jpg  

Last edited by wantarangerover : 9th September 2016 at 08:34.
wantarangerover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 08:46   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Hi wantarangerover,

That's sounds wonderful! I do have some questions though
  • Can you post some pictures please?
  • And the total cost (lights + installation etc.)
  • Also, did you get them installed at the dealership?
Quote:
The andoid app is very buggy. And its not just me who is having problem with the app.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this app that you talk about?

Quote:
Thanks AKTRACK for the reply!!

Mine are installed as in the image attached. It is in my line of sight, and gets in the eye while driving in the night!
So if I understand it correctly, in your case there are only 2 of them installed in the front and not in the B-Pillar like AKTRACK? How much did it cost you?

I would really like to have them installed in my Figo would make driving in the dark funky! As anyway, I leave the office quite late and spend considerable amount of time crawling at 10kmph. This might make it a bit more interesting drive!
Old 9th September 2016, 08:57   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
So if I understand it correctly, in your case there are only 2 of them installed in the front and not in the B-Pillar like AKTRACK? How much did it cost you?
No, I have four of them installed. It is just that I pointed out the front ones, since I rarely see the rear ones

Cost is around 3K, not sure. It was done at the dealer to avoid warranty issues.

The overall quality is average, maybe worth 500 INR. And the way it is installed now, it is useless for me, in fact an irritant rather.

Now, the app we are talking about is the "Ambient lights" app, which is used (via bluetooth) to control the lights. That's right, there is no button on the dash to control the lights - you need an app. The app lets you "power on/off" (doesn't work for me), "Change intensity" (not sure if it works) and "Change colour (Works, have a choice of red, blue, green, amber, white).
wantarangerover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 09:40   #1014
BHPian

Quote:

Can you explain that a little novicefreak. I paid for Ford RSA in the first year. This time when i was inquiring for RSA during insurance renewal some advisors said that it is IRDA rule that auto makers must provide RSA free for the first 2 years so i need not buy it seperately or insist on that as a built in feature in the insurance.

The policy i have taken does not have a very comprehensive RSA. They just cover towing expenses upto Rs 1500.
Thanks, that is perfect,

1. Basis my understanding, RSA is provided by FORD in concurrence with warranty.

Let me provide an example: Standard warranty offered by FORD at the time of purchase is 2 years / 1 Lac km whichever is earlier, in this case RSA is for 2 years. Some of us have opted beyond two years like in my case, at the time of my purchase 3 years / 60k km was offered and I opted it. So, RSA in my case is for 3 years. I have cross checked with Sales Adviser about RSA thing, recently, before renewing by Insurance policy.

Now, in mobike's case of insurance quote a premium of Rs.375+taxes is seen towards RSA, to which I mentioned it may not be needed as its already provided by FORD.

2. Coming to towing charges, all the insurance co. more or less provide upto Rs.1500 standard fare. Beyond that ie upto Rs. 10,000 may be opted for a small premium. You may see the same details in my post earlier. [couple of clicks away]

BTB zing thing about Ambient lights is tempting to opt for!!!

Last edited by novicefreak : 9th September 2016 at 09:48. Reason: added few lines.
Old 9th September 2016, 15:33   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone renewed their Aspire insurance policy?

Can you share the following information?

IDV Value :
Premium Amount :
Insurer Name :
Benefits Covered:

Thanks in advance !!
I recently renewed my car insurance from The New India Assurance Co Ltd. for Rs. 15,900.
IDV: Rs. 66,0000.
No Claim Bonus: 20%
Basic TP cover
0 dep
Additional towing upto Rs. 10000.

RSA is provided by Ford as mentioned by novicefreak.

Did not renew older Royal Sundaram insurance as they quoted Rs. 24,000 with similar benefits. I had quotations from others such as Bajaj (Rs. 20,000) and ICICI Lombard for Rs. 19,000.

Quote:
I had the ambient light installed as a package with the illuminated scuff plates. Only blue was available in this package. I think mine also goes on when the car is unlocked and remains on until it is locked from outside. Two of them are placed in the foot well and the other two down the B pillar (below seat belts). The lights do not get into the eyes as there is a cap that blocks light going up. Along with the illuminated scuff plates, the blue color ambiance has a soothing effect.
sudhirnam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 09:26   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post

I had the ambient light installed as a package with the illuminated scuff plates. Only blue was available in this package. I think mine also goes on when the car is unlocked and remains on until it is locked from outside. Two of them are placed in the foot well and the other two down the B pillar (below seat belts). The lights do not get into the eyes as there is a cap that blocks light going up. Along with the illuminated scuff plates, the blue color ambiance has a soothing effect.
Would it be possible for you to post snaps of the lights when they are on so that we can see the effect it has on the inside. Thanks
How did you pay to have this installed?
Old 13th September 2016, 00:01   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Received this pleasant email from Ford with subject line "Happy Anniversary to you and your Aspire"

Did anyone get this?! curious!!!

thanks enjoy TDCing!!!
Yes I have got this email for my Aspire too from Ford, funny thing is I had uninstalled Ford Owners App few months back because it was not updated and it registered my car as old gen Figo and now it does not allow me to edit any details on App or over web login when I can see Aspire on the drop down list!

Quote:
Anyone renewed their Aspire insurance policy?

Can you share the following information?

IDV Value :
Premium Amount :
Insurer Name :
Benefits Covered:

Thanks in advance !!
I went for Zero dep policy with New India Assurance because Bajaj Allianz Zero dep insurance was almost 4K expensive, details below, I suspect there is good amount of dealer and other renewal agency margin in the quote provided to me because I got the insurance renewed via dealer and Tata Car Insurance Renewal firm was also involved in validating my info and car details.

IDV Value : 631,862
Premium Amount : 20,387
Insurer Name : New India Assurance
Benefits Covered: It basically covers all damage including fiber, plastic parts of the car excluding tyres and any car accessory or fitting which was not the part of original package. Only max 2 zero dep claims allowed in a year.
KreativeGeek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 00:06   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
I can see Aspire on the drop down list!
So the Aspire is finally listed on the app.
I could not register on the app when i bought my car because the Aspire wasn't an option. Maybe it's time to give it a look-in again.
Old 13th September 2016, 08:32   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
Sounds cool. Is this done by Ford ASC? What items are included in the package and what was the price paid? Any link to review the details?

Also, please do share a few pictures of the ambient lights (preferable during night). Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
IDV Value : 631,862
Premium Amount : 20,387
Insurer Name : New India Assurance
Woah! Isn't that ridiculously expensive premium amount? I got a quote for 8,500 (Non Zero Dep) and 13,500 (Zero Dep) respective for an IDV value of 7.32 Lakhs from Tata AIG

I chose the former as I always do !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
So the Aspire is finally listed on the app.
I could not register on the app when i bought my car because the Aspire wasn't an option. Maybe it's time to give it a look-in again.
What is the name of app? Is it available for iOS?
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 08:45   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I chose the former as I always do !!!

What is the name of app? Is it available for iOS?
1. You always go for non-zero dep?

2. It's called Ford Owners in the Play Store. I'm pretty sure it will be available on iOS as well since its been developed for Ford in the US

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks