Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 09:18   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
1. You always go for non-zero dep?
Yes, that's correct. I have never chosen zero dep insurance in my career span of 10 brand new cars that I bought over the last 12-13 years

I know places that can fix small dents/scratches and other fixes at fraction of cost quoted by showroom and have been doing that and never claimed insurance for such small stuff

Other than above, regular insurance anyways pretty much covers everything and in the event of a large claim then I might be paying 10%-20% of the overall claim amount (for the items that are not covered under zero dep) so the amount that I save on premium can be diverted there

Besides above, Touch wood; I have NEVER claimed insurance ever in my life

Quote:
2. It's called Ford Owners in the Play Store. I'm pretty sure it will be available on iOS as well since its been developed for Ford in the US
I re-installed (I realized had downloaded and deleted in the past) it from the cloud and it's asking for VIN number. Now where do I find this info? RC card? Invoice?

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th September 2016 at 09:19.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 09:26   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I re-installed (I realized had downloaded and deleted in the past) it from the cloud and it's asking for VIN number. Now where do I find this info? RC card? Invoice?
RC card, insurance papers all carry the VIN number (its the same as engine number for Fords). It starts with MAJ... for the Figo twins and has 17 letters/digits.

You can also find it on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger's side, below the wiper when seen from the outside.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 11:06   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You can also find it on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger's side, below the wiper when seen from the outside.
Got it on RC card. Thanks!

I installed the app but, see it crashing when a few options are selected. It does have the manual etc available in .PDF format so dont really see the usefulness of this app even now

Will need to explore it in detail to comment further
Old 15th September 2016, 12:30   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Would it be possible for you to post snaps of the lights when they are on so that we can see the effect it has on the inside. Thanks
How did you pay to have this installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sounds cool. Is this done by Ford ASC? What items are included in the package and what was the price paid? Any link to review the details?

Also, please do share a few pictures of the ambient lights (preferable during night). Thanks!
I had got it installed at the time of delivery of the vehicle. The package with ambient light+illuminated scuff plates+side body chrome protection+shark fin (useless I would say cost me around Rs. 10,500.
Installations were done by Ford ASC. They said it was cheaper than getting the parts individually. There seems to be no web link to such a package. Maybe it was dealer specific.
Here are a couple of snaps of the ambient light taken on mobile phone camera.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160914_222656_1.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20160914_222740.jpg
sudhirnam is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 01:19   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirnam View Post
I had got it installed at the time of delivery of the vehicle. The package with ambient light+illuminated scuff plates+side body chrome protection+shark fin...
Do the foot lights activate with a different switch or is it linked to the door open / close mechanism? Also, is it just the blue color or any other colors available as well?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2016 at 07:42. Reason: Typo.
Old 16th September 2016, 02:09   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do the foot lights activate with a different switch or is it linked to the door open / close mechanism? Also, is it just the blue color or any other colors available as well?
It is linked to the door, and also comes on at night (presumably when the parking lights are turned on). Blue, red, green, etc. - 5 colours in total, controllable via mobile app. See details below, or online:
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160916.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th September 2016 at 07:42. Reason: Quoted post edited.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 08:42   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone post pics of the audio connector of the Aspire. A friend, not on tbhp, is planning to install a 2-Din android HU on the Ambiente and wants to confirm the connectors before ordering the unit. This will probably be the first Android HU on Aspire ever
Old 16th September 2016, 13:33   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford have put up the following video on YouTube to demonstrate the Aspire's handling and steering precision.

I've posted the same on the Figo thread as well, since that is essentially the same car, with just minimal weight differences (18-20 kg lighter than the Aspire).
arunphilip is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 21:46   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Finally some out of the box thinking by Ford. Promote the safety and structural strength next.

But I don't think we should try this stunt at home. It has more to do with driver skill and practice than car.
Old 16th September 2016, 23:23   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ford have put up the following video on YouTube to demonstrate the Aspire's handling and steering precision.
Put to the Test – Barbed Wire | Ford India
Extreme OT:

Ford magic! Titanium gets transformed into Titanium+ when driven hard

Titanium when stopped at 0:11
Titanium+ when driving hard at 0:46
Back to Titanium when stopped at 1:00

Does Ford really have a shortage of Titanium+ variant cars?

Last edited by theredliner : 16th September 2016 at 23:25.
theredliner is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 20:01   #1031
BHPian

Took a TD of the Aspire DCT at Planet Ford. Went thru a combination of roads - bad, fair and good. Vehicle maintained its composure without too much vertical movement in the rear. Low speed low rpm response of the engine and gearbox was good.

2 areas that scored negative points were the orvm's and access to areas near the drivers seat.
Mirrors were short on width as compared to my i10.
When buckling up, the handbrake in engaged position fouls with the seat buckle, so you have to fiddle with the seat belt. The other area is access to seat movement lever. I found it hard to reach - placed too low and short on length.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 18th September 2016, 20:21   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Mirrors were short on width as compared to my i10.
When buckling up, the handbrake in engaged position fouls with the seat buckle, so you have to fiddle with the seat belt. The other area is access to seat movement lever. I found it hard to reach - placed too low and short on length.
The ORVMS may look small at first but they are more than adequate.

First I'm hearing of the other 2 issues, but they are things you will get used to within a week.

Sam
Old 18th September 2016, 21:01   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Added reflectors to the rear lower bumper
Always felt something was missing at the back.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160918_200654.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-20160918_200705.jpg
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 21:49   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Added reflectors to the rear lower bumper
Always felt something was missing at the back.
Those reflectors look great. Could you provide some details? I was also thinking of getting them. Are those stickers?
Old 21st September 2016, 19:03   #1035
SJN
BHPian

Extended warranty for 4th and 5th year

Since my Aspire DCT is nearly a year old, I checked with my dealer pricing for 4th and 5th year extended warranty (I already have 3rd year). The dealer has provided following options:
  • Extension for only 4th year would be 7000. Right now there is no option to further extend it for 5th year.
  • If I buy for 3rd, 4th and 5th year together, it will come to 20700.
Now option 2 allows me to buy for 5 years but 3rd year warranty cost is included twice (though it was offered free as an offer).

So I took this up with Ford customer care and they mentioned that we can cancel 3rd year warranty and adjust it against the cost of buying the 3rd, 4th and 5th year warranty. But when I spoke to the dealer, they mentioned that this is not possible since 3rd year warranty was given free to me as offer.

Now I am really confused what to do since I have only 10 days before my car becomes 1 year old and I will have to pay more if I buy it in second year.
SJN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks