Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2017, 20:34   #1156
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey, my aunt is in the market for a petrol compact sedan. The aspire is one of the strong contenders but I would like to know if in your many interactions with Ford, have you come across any updates Ford plans for the aspire this year?

Since the figo twins are performing very badly (especially figo) is Ford serious about the twins or are they not really bothered and will only update the models during their mid life?

Since my aunt plans on keeping the car for 10+ years, not worried about resale but would not like to miss out on any new features additions if it's likely to occur in the first half of this year.

Thanks
As per my knowledge there is no major update planned for the twins yet. The most recent major update has already been done in the previous year end i.e addition of ABS and EBD to the trend variants. So i assume we wont be seeing any major update for the vehicle in the first half of the year.
Old 8th January 2017, 09:56   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
have you come across any updates Ford plans for the aspire this year?

Since the figo twins are performing very badly (especially figo) is Ford serious about the twins or are they not really bothered and will only update the models during their mid life?

Since my aunt plans on keeping the car for 10+ years, not worried about resale but would not like to miss out on any new features additions if it's likely to occur in the first half of this year.
When the update happens, Ford will most likely add touchscreen entertainment and DRLs but when that will happen, I am not sure. They are actually adding an 8" touchscreen to the Ecosport and without any publicity. Just like they added ABS for the Trend variant - so you never know with Ford.

Sales wise, it doesn't look like Ford is worried too much about the poor sales - maybe they don't consider it poor. Because even now, the waiting period can stretch to 2 months.

BTW what variant are you considering - because even if it comes, the touchscreen will probably be only for the Titanium+. Else it can also be added aftermarket.

I suggest you wait for a month and then book the car.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 14:28   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
When the update happens, Ford will most likely add touchscreen entertainment and DRLs but when that will happen, I am not sure. They are actually adding an 8" touchscreen to the Ecosport and without any publicity. Just like they added ABS for the Trend variant - so you never know with Ford.
I guess you are right. Just visited Cauvery ford today and on a casual discussion i was told that the touch screen is likely to make its way to the titanium plus variant. And it seems the seat height adjustment in titanium is gonna get removed. Not sure how trustworthy or true the information is though. And a 25-30k price increase is expected.

Last edited by blackbandit : 9th January 2017 at 14:30.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 14:39   #1159
Senior - BHPian

I took delivery of my Eco sport on Friday, did see the increase in price by 36K on the Trend variant which I bought.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:13   #1160
BHPian

Insurance renewal is due and casually reached out to Ford dealers in town to extend FOP seeking quotes, surprisingly their quote is higher in policy amount but low in IDV, can someone tell me if there are any 'significant' benefit to to expect from FOP policy in comparison to buying policy on our own (retail insurance companies, coverfox, policybazar etc) ?
Old 11th January 2017, 08:38   #1161
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford suprisingly has beaten the likes of Maruti and Hyundai at exporting more car than they could manage

Looks like Figo and Aspire are the main reason for their export numbers to go up substantially compared to what it was last year same time

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...india/56444176
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 09:45   #1162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Insurance renewal is due and casually reached out to Ford dealers in town to extend FOP seeking quotes, surprisingly their quote is higher in policy amount but low in IDV, can someone tell me if there are any 'significant' benefit to to expect from FOP policy in comparison to buying policy on our own (retail insurance companies, coverfox, policybazar etc) ?
There is no benefit to buying the insurance from Ford, or any dealer for that matter. These dealers renew insurance as a margin-making exercise, targeting those who are unfortunate not to know of other options like insurance aggregators, or those who can't be bothered with the effort (e.g. businessmen/corporates who'd defray it as a business expense).

That is also why the dealers reduce the IDV and increase the premium for their quotes - because these people don't check and fuss over every rupee.

Going via an aggregator, or directly dealing with an agent you know is better - you can either get the same IDV at a lower premium, or for the same premium get a higher IDV (within allowed limits). Case in point - my dad had to renew his EcoSport's insurance for the 3rd year. He'd previously done so with the dealer, so this year they coolly sent him a renewal quote for 21k (thankfully for a correctly depreciated IDV, and not a lowered IDV). I showed him how to use Policy Bazaar, and he got a quote for the same IDV and benefits from HDFC Ergo for 13k - a cool savings of 8000 for about 15 minutes of effort. You will always save a few thousands in such an approach.

As long as the insurer you select has a cashless tie-up with the service centres in your city, insurance claims will be as seamless as the insurance offered by the dealer. In the absence of a cashless tie-up, you'll have to pay the service centre yourself, and then be compensated by the insurance company - this is not preferable.

Its good you got a quote from the dealer, because now when you seek out an insurance renewal from outside, you'll see just how much you're saving due to your effort!
arunphilip is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 01:49   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
As per my knowledge there is no major update planned for the twins yet......
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I guess you are right. Just visited Cauvery ford today and on a casual discussion i was told that the touch screen is likely to make its way to the titanium plus variant. And it seems the seat height adjustment in titanium is gonna get removed. Not sure how trustworthy or true the information is though. And a 25-30k price increase is expected.
Saw an article on FB relating to deletions of features from the Figo twins.
http://www.autosarena.com/ford-figo-...ose-equipment/
Dont know how true it is but im quite surprised Ford would resort to its habitual behaviour on a poor(flopped )model.They did this before with the old figo and ecosport, deleting features with increase in price but those were hot selling models(at the time), the new figo twins are nowhere close to that. I guess Ford has given up and is trying to minimize its losses and focus only on exports of the Figo twins. Hope it aint true

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
When the update happens, Ford will most likely add touchscreen entertainment and DRLs but when that will happen,..........

BTW what variant are you considering - because even if it comes, the touchscreen will probably be only for the Titanium+. Else it can also be added aftermarket.

I suggest you wait for a month and then book the car.
My aunt will mostly book a vehicle after the budget. So definitely they would like delivery before the monsoons. I guess ill wait and watch Fords attitude towards the Twins, Deletion of some features is bang opposite of what they should be doing.

My aunt is kinda swayed between the petrol jazz, aspire,and amaze.The baleno too is in consideration but that depends on the waiting periods. Other brands are out of contention barring some un foreseen miracle.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 09:06   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Saw an article on FB relating to deletions of features from the Figo twins.
http://www.autosarena.com/ford-figo-...ose-equipment/
Dont know how true it is but im quite surprised Ford would resort to its habitual behaviour on a poor(flopped )model.....
Well, might be hard to digest but it is true. We already have a thread started here few days back regarding this.

link to thread
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:20   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
So, I stuck with the petrol aspire in my list.
Congratulations & welcome to Aspire Club!
Nice write-up from decision making to purchase to initial travel ownership !

Last edited by novicefreak : 12th January 2017 at 11:21.
novicefreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 15:15   #1166
BHPian

Does anyone feel the Aspire's indicator stalk/pass switch feels a bit hard to use? My finger becomes tired on operating the pass switch during highway drives at night. I know I sound silly, but is there a way to make it a bit softer?
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 18:11   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone feel the Aspire's indicator stalk/pass switch feels a bit hard to use? My finger becomes tired on operating the pass switch during highway drives at night. I know I sound silly, but is there a way to make it a bit softer?
I have mentioned this in my Ownership Report. The indicator stalk is indeed hard, but I feel that the pass switch is ok.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 18:14   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aspire stalks are indeed a bit on the harder side and I would go a step further in saying they dont feel the best of the quality as well and reason for this inconvenient operation

However, I find the stalk hard to operate when operating the indicators (pressing up and down) and I don't find using the pass switch (pull lever towards me) hard at all, works like a charm
Old 12th January 2017, 22:34   #1169
Distinguished - BHPian

Off-topic:
Quote:
...My aunt is kinda swayed between the petrol jazz, aspire,and amaze.The baleno too is in consideration but that depends on the waiting periods...
If she wants a petrol, please go with Honda or Maruti. It should be way better than the 1.2 Duratec. The iVtec 1.2's refinement is top class, so is the 1.2 K-Series.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:26   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why they keep doing it, but Ford has again done something good for the car without anyone knowing about it!

The lock striker for the back 2 doors has been changed and there a big difference in how the door feels now while closing it. And the showroom and service personnel had no clue about it.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-4460e3c689a2483b94db06377e51bdc5.jpg

This new design is different and it comes with rubber padding (the ribbed part on the left is rubber). Now, I hope they replace it for all of us.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2017 at 23:11. Reason: As requested :)
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks