Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 20:29   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Thanks for this feedback. Again, I'm not sure if this is the one he got. Details over the weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
If it is indeed a Ford genuine reverse camera with GPS, the IRVM of that accessory does not have day/night functionality and is a nightmare to use at night.
Attachment 1624885

This is an autocromatic mirror, from the picture it seems he has turned off day/night functionality since green LED is not ON.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 21:35   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
This is an autocromatic mirror, from the picture it seems he has turned off day/night functionality since green LED is not ON.
No, it is not autochromic. I very well know what an autochromic mirror is. There is no way to "turn off" day/night functionality in this mirror that I have in my Figo!!!

The Green LED that you wrote about only switches on for a few seconds only when the reverse gear is engaged, rear camera display is shown and then it goes off. The system is completely different to similar looking rear view camera mirrors that I have seen in Hyundai cars that are autochromic.

I have confirmation from Ford that the mirror is not autochromic and does not have day/night functionality. Please go through my Figo's ownership thread wherein I have detailed it.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-tapatalk_1492444890326.jpeg

Last edited by skanchan95 : 17th April 2017 at 21:47.
skanchan95 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 11:24   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Lame efforts. The 1.6 S Fiesta had a tuned suspension setup. The EPS can never be a match for HPS and somehow feel that Ford has let go a decent opportunity.

Agreed. The hey days of Ford DNA may be lost forever for want of "kitna deti hain". However, for the sake of a sports version, proving unwanted decals and a 2015 Fiesta alloy isnt really agreeable. Only good part according to me is the all black cabin. Another half hearted attempt.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:50   #1264
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Lame efforts. The 1.6 S Fiesta had a tuned suspension setup. The EPS can never be a match for HPS and somehow feel that Ford has let go a decent opportunity.

Agreed. The hey days of Ford DNA may be lost forever for want of "kitna deti hain". However, for the sake of a sports version, proving unwanted decals and a 2015 Fiesta alloy isnt really agreeable. Only good part according to me is the all black cabin. Another half hearted attempt.
May be; however I would say Ford still gave a meaningful sports variant compared to other OEMs, who simply slap stickers and badges all around, in the name of sports limited edition variants.

-Abhishek
e46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 17:06   #1265
BHPian

This version has a different suspension setup. It isn't all decals and alloys. In fact, tuned suspension with wider tyres is the USP of the Sports edition.

Quote:

jetti is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 23:06   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The EPS can never be a match for HPS and somehow feel that Ford has let go a decent opportunity.
Well! You got to try the new Fiesta then. Or the latest Porsche 911 or a Ferrari Superfast.

EPS has come a long way and its here to stay! Just that it should be calibrated well and that's not upto everyone. On the new Fiesta and the Endeavour, Ford got it spot on. So No. I don't miss the HPS on these machines.

And at the very least, let's wait for the T-Bhp drive report of the Figo Sports before discounting it all together.
deetjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 11:28   #1267
BHPian

hello Guys,

Any one purchased Aspire body cover either online/offline. Suggestions please!

Last week, I browsed online portals- amazon, paytm, flipkart and all of them have similar sellers/items listed and eventually ordered one through paytm mall /app and was shocked to receive substandard car cover. (Thumbnail & actual product are continents apart) Initiated for return immediately.

thanks
--enjoy TDCing
Old 20th April 2017, 13:03   #1268
Senior - BHPian

On road price for the Aspire sports version in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-untitled.png  

tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 17:18   #1269
Team-BHP Support

Is is confirmed that the T(O) pack is available for the Sports variant? The website says yes, but the Figo thread mentions it may not be so.

Much as I'd like a better tuned suspension and my favorite set of Ford alloys, I wouldn't like to trade in the extra airbags for them.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 09:54   #1270
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Is is confirmed that the T(O) pack is available for the Sports variant? The website says yes, but the Figo thread mentions it may not be so.

Much as I'd like a better tuned suspension and my favorite set of Ford alloys, I wouldn't like to trade in the extra airbags for them.
Crossposting from the Figo Sports thread:

The website has been updated. There is no Titanium option pack with 6 airbags for the Figo/Aspire sports edition.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 13:07   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Received few pictures of the Aspire S from the showroom staff today. It is not as catchy as the Figo sports.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-5a3062b7713140b5829536e6d8ee4a32.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-6eafc1d579ec486b80d248336b4ee0eb.jpg  

Ford Aspire : Official Review-f2041d46802440e4b25e69de55b6c265.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 13:49   #1272
BHPian

Holy Moly!!! When did this -->

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_1435__1492762118_115.111.223.67.jpg

Become this -->

Ford Aspire : Official Review-asp-sp.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Well! You got to try the new Fiesta then. Or the latest Porsche 911 or a Ferrari Superfast.

EPS has come a long way and its here to stay! Just that it should be calibrated well and that's not upto everyone. On the new Fiesta and the Endeavour, Ford got it spot on. So No. I don't miss the HPS on these machines.
+1, Sir and I can personally vouch for this statement as I also own the previous gen Figo now. Driving both the cars back to back makes one realize how good the EPS setup on the Fiesta is and my recent trip to Coonoor reconfirmed my thoughts. The Figo is a pain at parking speeds but hopping onto the Fiesta, parking is a breeze!

Off Topic: I wish I can replace my car's alloys with those gorgeous black units from the Figo Sports!

Last edited by Porschefire : 21st April 2017 at 13:50.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 14:00   #1273
Distinguished - BHPian

Alloys on the new Aspire is downright ugly.

I would recommend to blacken it as soon as buying to make it at least presentable on the road
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 14:39   #1274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alloys on the new Aspire is downright ugly.

I would recommend to blacken it as soon as buying to make it at least presentable on the road
I think it's more on personal taste. The alloys look good in person and a little less bland than the original Figo/Aspire.

5 spoke star alloys are either you love them or hate them types.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 15:12   #1275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
....I wish I can replace my car's alloys with those gorgeous black units from the Figo Sports!
If you ever put that plan into action, I'd love to take those stock alloys off you.

Dad's car is an old-gen Figo Titanium (the one without alloys), and this design is a personal favorite. Are these a straight fit on the old Figo (PCD wise)?

Most Viewed