Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 16:03   #1411
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
My Ford Aspire encountered the AC drain pipe bending issue and had been at the workshop for 18 days. The morons made a mess with the car at the first time by saying water entered from underside! I was helped by blackbandit and I had to visit the place armed with the knowledge and confronted the idiots who had to apologise and admitted it was a design fault and they had few cars which had the same issue. Very bad experience at Kairali Ford , Kottayam.

The car was returned with dirtied mats and floor carpet. Planning to change those beige carpet to black ones seen in Figo. Would they be a correct fit for Aspire? I'm talking about the carpets only, the one which is fixed and needs the removal of seats to fix. Does the Aspire Sports variant come with black carpets? Hope Ford has rectified the design flaw for the newer batches.
I feel you should write to ford India regarding this issue and ask for a solution. 18 days is too much and it is not at all justified and to top it they have returned your car in a bad condition. When i had reported the issue, i left the car in the morning and it was fixed within few hours and i was able to collect the vehicle in the evening.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 23:43   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very bad experience at Kairali Ford , Kottayam.
Oh God! 18 days is totally unacceptable and on top of it returning a car with dirt. Who was your SA there? I had complained about a vibrational sound during my third month checkup but they dismissed it as 'customer need to be educated' as the sound could not be reproduced consistently. I'm going to take my car again and this time they are to receive a piece of my mind if things don't stand corrected.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:02   #1413

Quote:
My Ford Aspire encountered the AC drain pipe bending issue and had been at the workshop for 18 days. The morons made a mess with the car at the first time by saying water entered from underside! I was helped by blackbandit and I had to visit the place armed with the knowledge and confronted the idiots who had to apologise and admitted it was a design fault and they had few cars which had the same issue. Very bad experience at Kairali Ford , Kottayam.

The car was returned with dirtied mats and floor carpet. Planning to change those beige carpet to black ones seen in Figo. Would they be a correct fit for Aspire? I'm talking about the carpets only, the one which is fixed and needs the removal of seats to fix. Does the Aspire Sports variant come with black carpets? Hope Ford has rectified the design flaw for the newer batches.
Hi Rationalist,
18 days for rectifying a simple issue is unheard of and I suggest that you take this up with Ford very strongly. Glad to learn that black bandit was of help and you could confront the service personnel - else God only knows how long would they have kept your car and come up with unimaginable diagnosis.
Service stations are notorious for returning ‘serviced’ cars in a pitiable state. I had this experience with MASS when I owned the Dzire. You complain and they offer stupid lollies like free wash and interior cleaning – to be dirtied once again. It’s high time that our service stations in addition to educational qualifications (min. Diploma in Automobile Engineering) also have a column to test the passion which the ‘incumbent’ candidate shows towards cars as an essential pre-requisite for employability.
Yasasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:07   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I was called yesterday to Hotel Lalit Ashok by a Ford rep for a feedback session on the Aspire.
He introduced himself as a channel partner of Ford and this
was a survey outsourced by Ford.

When I went today, I met the same person and few others who were from a survey company. There were 3 Japanese in a room along with an Indian from this survey company who was asking the survey questions.
When I asked the rep who called me what this was all about, he said it's a feedback regarding 5 car companies in the CS segment and the feedback will go to each company as per the car.
What surprised me was the 3 Japanese people in the room who was taking down notes.
I couldn't understand why they were there when this was a survey done for more than just Ford, unless the survey company is Japanese.

I heard the term SM and MSIL used by the person who asked me questions while she was on phone before the session.
When I brought up the reflector issue on the Figo's and Ecosport,their reaction was like, tell me more.

Something tells me it's a prominent car maker wanting feedback from other CS owners, or I may be thinking too much.

Interesting indeed. If it's an MSIL- initiated activity, why would a Ford representative be a part of it ?

I had received a similar call a few months back seeking appointment to collect feedback regarding my Figo but the person who had called was a dealership employee only. Since it work in a different city and come home to Trivandrum only on weekends (that's where my dealership is), unfortunately the "feedback session" never did transpire.

Called the guy during my last service and it turned out to be quite an immature survey questionnaire only.

Now, my dad has started receiving calls for "feedback" on his Ecosport !

Regards,
Dtox.
dtox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 21:46   #1415
BHPian

I have a question for Diesel Aspire owners. Does the bonnet get little hot even after 15 KM travel in the city? Is it normal to have high temperature under the hood even for a small journey? There are never any warning signals on the dashboard.
Old 4th October 2017, 22:09   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
I have a question for Diesel Aspire owners. Does the bonnet get little hot even after 15 KM travel in the city? Is it normal to have high temperature under the hood even for a small journey? There are never any warning signals on the dashboard.
The bonnet of any car will get quite hot after 15 kms. More so if the traffic is high and speeds low. Even a small 800cc engine gets quite hot even after 5 mins. As long as you don't get any heat warnings you should be good. If you still have doubt, drive it a bit before going to the service centre next time and check with them.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 22:14   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
The bonnet of any car will get quite hot after 15 kms. More so if the traffic is high and speeds low. Even a small 800cc engine gets quite hot even after 5 mins. As long as you don't get any heat warnings you should be good. If you still have doubt, drive it a bit before going to the service centre next time and check with them.
Thanks a lot for reply buddy. It helps a lot.
Old 7th October 2017, 23:54   #1418
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
This is my recent experience with Gautam Budh Ford, Noida - I don't know whether this is something dealer specific or overall Ford has woken up and is walking the talk across India.

After my 20K service, things seemed good but certain issues that were rectified during Service recurred in about 10 days. I had already provided a good rating in feedback call from Ford but eventually in 2 weeks or so, I received a Survey email from Ford. I provided genuine feedback and I got a call from Gautam Budh Ford soon. My car was at Service Center the very next day and returned to me with all problems solved and in absolutely fantastic condition - Like new!! The process was overseen by Mz. Sheena there.

Did you ever get a Survey call from Ford India? Also, I have seen that Ford customer support is getting better and I have been able to get good help from them when required. I do suggest to mail them at custmail@ford.com. They will take up your case with dealership.
Old 18th October 2017, 02:36   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
I have an exactly opposite observation. Me and my brother are surprised at how well insulated the bonnet it on my Diesel Aspire even after long journeys. It barely gets warm. I think you should check a few other cars.

On the contrary the headlamps get very very hot.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 07:39   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Is there any check up required at 6000 kms?

I noticed today after crossing 6k kms , the display shows a blinking spanner and 'ser on' note.
I remember reading on this thread how to get rid of it. Is that fine to remove it?
Old 18th October 2017, 09:05   #1421
BHPian

Got the 60k kms service done yesterday.

Posting the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4289303
auto_enthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:06   #1422

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Is there any check up required at 6000 kms?

I noticed today after crossing 6k kms , the display shows a blinking spanner and 'ser on' note.
I remember reading on this thread how to get rid of it. Is that fine to remove it?
Hi,

There is nothing that needs to be checked Sir. I too got the 'Ser On' around 5900 Kms. Here's what you can do to get rid of the 'Ser On' note:

1) Switch on the ignition
2) Wait for the 'Serv On' indicator to appear
3) Press the Brake & Accelerator Pedal simultaneously
4) Depress the 'Mid' stalk for a few seconds
5) "OFF" will be displayed on the LCD Screen
6) Switch off the ignition and wait for a second
7) Switch on the ignition and the 'Serv On' error / notation will not re-appear.

Trust this helps.

BTW, is the service interval for Petrol versions 5000 Kms.?? Can any petrol owner confirm??.
Yasasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 10:39   #1423
BHPian

Happy to announce the arrival of the red aspire in diesel titanium. Got the delivery on 16th of this month. Have driven 120 kms till now. The car is definitely refined in all respects from my first generation figo. The heaviness is surely missing in comparison, but overall it's a cracker of a package. Haven't crossed 2000 rpm mark yet, but the power delivery is buttery smooth. The engine is a lot more silent in comparison of the old one. The car is still in transp mode. Need to figure it out how to remove it. Also, haven't got enough time to go through the user manual and other settings in the car.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171016_133043.jpg
First glance
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171016_133054.jpg
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171016_133035.jpg
Had reservations regarding red color. Original choices were smoke grey or deep blue. Could not get either of those. But after looking at the car, it stole my heart.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171016_133023.jpg
Ready to roll

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 18th October 2017 at 10:43.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 16:07   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The car is still in transp mode. Need to figure it out how to remove it.
Congrats on the getting the delivery!

I followed the below procedure to remove the car from transp mode:

1. Place the ignition in the ON position.
2. Press and release the brake pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the hazard switch 2 times (on, off).
NOTE: Steps 2 and 3 must be carried out within 10 seconds.
4. Place the ignition in the OFF position.

Hope this helps!
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 08:40   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Anybody having problems with the bonnet opening lever?

Mine feels loose and I have to pull it a long way to open the bonnet. It has also come out a couple of times which was clipped back in at the service centre. I feel that the cable has stretched a bit, making it loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasasri View Post
BTW, is the service interval for Petrol versions 5000 Kms.?? Can any petrol owner confirm??.
No it's not. After the 2nd free service at 10,000, the next service is 20,000 or 2 years and this is a paid service.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th October 2017 at 19:04. Reason: Posts merged on request.

Most Viewed