Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2017, 15:19   #1441
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

The gloss black applique around the music system is pain in wrong place to maintain. God knows how it got scratched. I was using a microfiber towel to wipe the dust. Applied some dashboard polish and even tried to buff it up with medium compound but the scratches are still visible. Difficult part is, that it's on the driver's side and visible all the time. I am really feeling bad.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171111_150744.jpg

Also, do you guys hear a faint continuous beep coming from somewhere inside the bonnet whenever the door is opened? It goes of after 4-5 minutes. I fail to understand what is that.
Old 11th November 2017, 15:28   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Also, do you guys hear a faint continuous beep coming from somewhere inside the bonnet whenever the door is opened? It goes of after 4-5 minutes. I fail to understand what is that.
Its not audible unless the bonnet is opened, thats how I heard it. I suppose that is a timer so the accessories still have electric supply to work even if the key is pulled out. The music, system, power windows, auto fold mirrors.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 21:58   #1443
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Since we have this separate Ford Aspire official review thread with quite a lot of Aspire owners, I thought of introducing myself and my latest prized possession with you all here itself.

I am a fairly old follower of Tbhp and a member since 2013 if I remember correctly. However, the 'NEWBIE' below my name suggests otherwise due to lack of any activity by me over the forum. There are many reasons for that, however, you can picture that I was so awestruck by the kind of immense knowledge which flows here and the uber perfect travelogues which we get to read; that I always fell short of throwing in my 2 cents in this ocean.

Anyway, cutting the boring part short, I wanted to share with you all that I, on 5th of November, this year, brought home an Aspire Sports Diesel which I am yet to name (Rubicon is already taken, sadly ).

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20171105_115608.jpg

I have completed the first 1000 kms without any major highway trip and am purely enjoying this transition from a small petrol engine. The power is too good to handle, the FE is mindblowing, my first full tank took good 820 kms before I had to go to the bunk again. Everything about this car feels special to me. Won't delve deeper into details as pretty much everything has been covered. I'm definitely gonna stick on to this thread and make the most of the knowledge/experience of the stalwarts out there.

Cheers
Avalanche2409 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 08:11   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post

Anyway, cutting the boring part short, I wanted to share with you all that I, on 5th of November, this year, brought home an Aspire Sports Diesel which I am yet to name (Rubicon is already taken, sadly ).

I have completed the first 1000 kms without any major highway trip and am purely enjoying this transition from a small petrol engine.

Cheers
Congratulations! Wish you a reliable, safe and happy ownership. I got mine (a regular titanium in red) on 16th October and done 1200 kms by now. Only thing I miss in the car is parking sensors/ rear view camera. Unlike the old figo, overall rear visibility isn't that great. Seating is quite high in comparison with a plush ride quality.

Any discounts on the titanium sports? I guess it's maximum bang one can get for his bucks. A rare combination of power and economy.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:31   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sports
Welcome to Figo/Aspire family. You don't know how envious we all are of you

Glad that you honoured us with just your 3rd post in almost 5 years!! That is one great car you have there - wishing it gives you more and more enjoyment as the days go by.

Update on how the drives are in city as well as highway conditions - particularly the clutch behavior in city traffic.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:50   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The power is too good to handle, the FE is mindblowing, my first full tank took good 820 km's before I had to go to the bunk again. Everything about this car feels special to me.
Congrats for buying the Aspire, you are definitely in possession of the best diesel car in its segment. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
deehunk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:07   #1447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have completed the first 1000 kms without any major highway trip and am purely enjoying this transition from a small petrol engine. The power is too good to handle, the FE is mindblowing, my first full tank took good 820 kms before I had to go to the bunk again. Everything about this car feels special to me. Won't delve deeper into details as pretty much everything has been covered. I'm definitely gonna stick on to this thread and make the most of the knowledge/experience of the stalwarts out there.

Cheers
Congrats on the purchase.

820 kms from a tankfull?! All this time I thought the efficiency I get is lesser compared to other Aspire/Figo drivers because of the bigger wheels and tyres. Now I know it is my right foot.

Do try to be more active on the forum so we can get a second point of view of the Sports as well as share observations.
We have a Figo Sports as well on the forum.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:19   #1448
BHPian

HI, a question to all Aspire owners. Have you'll installed any reverse sensors/camera and how does the overall fitment look on the dashboard?

I feel this is the only thing missing in this wonderful car. Come on Ford, how difficult can it be to set this up?
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:46   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
HI, a question to all Aspire owners. Have you'll installed any reverse sensors/camera and how does the overall fitment look on the dashboard?

I feel this is the only thing missing in this wonderful car. Come on Ford, how difficult can it be to set this up?
The reverse sensors from Ford has audio warnings only and does the job well.

Avoid Ford's reverse camera(display on IRVM) accessory. Not only is it overpriced, but the replacement IRVM lacks day/night functionality also. Details here:

Last edited by skanchan95 : 23rd November 2017 at 12:48.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:17   #1450
BHPian

I am thinking to buy a dashcam with a rear view camera from AliExpress around 4-7k. Unable to find a capacitor based one which comes with a permanent recording rear camera (to be placed around high mount stop lamp), so that installing it could be an easy diy and solve the rear camera problem.

Models in capacitor based are the ones (e-ace I guess) which come with a rear camera which is required to be connected to reverse lights. This would involve running too much of wires, which I want to avoid.

Please suggest if someone finds the cam which I am looking for.

Haven't reset the trip meter since I bought the car and it's showing an average of 22.2 after 1250 kms and average speed of 27km/h.

The driver's side door had started to make a creek kind of sound while going through a bad patch of road. Have covered the locking latch on the door frame with plumbing tape (white one) and it's totally quite now.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 23rd November 2017 at 15:23.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 22:29   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Wish you a reliable, safe and happy ownership.

Any discounts on the titanium sports? I guess it's maximum bang one can get for his bucks. A rare combination of power and economy.
Thanks a lot and congratulations to you too. Well, the entire thing cost me around 8.10 OTR (Registration is quite decent here). A discount of Rs.20,000/- was given. I didn't push for further discount as I was already impressed by the VFM this car is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to Figo/Aspire family. You don't know how envious we all are of you

Glad that you honoured us with just your 3rd post in almost 5 years!! That is one great car you have there - wishing it gives you more and more enjoyment as the days go by.

Update on how the drives are in city as well as highway conditions - particularly the clutch behavior in city traffic.

- Sam
Thanks Sam. I very well how much you've ASPIRED for a sports version I have followed your threads and would like to thank you for your contribution.
My daily office commute is a moderate 28 kms in total which consists of an equal city and highway drive. The roads here are pretty good so not much of an issue. The suspension definitely is a little stiffer than the regular TD car I drove, but nothing of the sort which will make you uncomfortable. The highways are where this car belong. It just feels so planted and eager to jump ahead with some serious power. The brakes I personally feel are a little let down. The clutch is not very heavy unlike other diesels, but would definitely be a pain in metro cities. My hometown is a hill station with good to worst roads and I haven't driven a lot there yet except for the ride back after taking delivery and another for the registration process. My initial impression has been that it corners very well and munches those steep inclines with ease, and that is a big relief for me. Half clutch is so strong that I haven't yet used the handbrake or cross pedalling method to move from a standstill on a steep incline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Congrats for buying the Aspire, you are definitely in possession of the best diesel car in its segment. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks Mate. I believe it's the best in its segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congrats on the purchase.

820 kms from a tankfull?! All this time I thought the efficiency I get is lesser compared to other Aspire/Figo drivers because of the bigger wheels and tyres. Now I know it is my right foot.

Do try to be more active on the forum so we can get a second point of view of the Sports as well as share observations.
We have a Figo Sports as well on the forum.
Thanks tharian. My MID shows avg 22 kmpl as of now. The drive till date has been slightly on the sedate side. Even I did not expect this range on a new car. Hopefully I keep getting the same returns in future. Even 700 plus would make me happy.
I would definitely try to me more active now that I've broken the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Avoid Ford's reverse camera(display on IRVM) accessory. Not only is it overpriced, but the replacement IRVM lacks day/night functionality also.
Sadly, I have been fleeced by them. Don't know how I missed it even after researching so much. Only after the installation and on the date of delivery I realised that there is just the camera and no sensors, plus the day/night feature is gone for good. And all this for 12000/- INR. Would definitely suggest others to consider aftermarket options. But then, who wants to do it at the cost of screwing their warranty.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 23:03   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone
The car looks swell. Congratulations!

My third year warranty is going to get over soon and I am thinking if I should get it extended, not sure if I can at this point of time though. One of the reasons why I don't want to extend is to see if I can get my shockers replaced with the one in the sports model. I find the car a bit bouncy for my liking. This is the most powerful car I have owned till date, so when i was buying it, the engine just blew me over and all other things were secondary. Now that I have spent considerable time driving it, I am thinking how would the car do with a little less bounce. It think it will increase the preciseness of the car.
AKTRACK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 02:24   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
God knows how it got scratched. I was using a microfiber towel to wipe the dust.

I had that piece painted to piano black 'cause mine is an Ambiente. And I too scratched it recently while cleaning. I thought it was because it was not OEM paint.

I suggest you get it wrapped in carbon fiber or wood finish vinyl - I'm evaluating that option as well.

I do not hear any beep in my car.

Quote:
I am thinking to buy a dashcam with a rear view camera from AliExpress around 4-7k. Unable to find a capacitor based one which comes with a permanent recording rear camera (to be placed around high mount stop lamp), so that installing it could be an easy diy and solve the rear camera problem.

Models in capacitor based are the ones (e-ace I guess) which come with a rear camera which is required to be connected to reverse lights. This would involve running too much of wires, which I want to avoid.
So you want to use the camera as your rear view mirror, right? The best type for this purpose is one that clips over the existing rear view mirror. But be cautioned that cameras catch more headlight glare than mirrors, unless you use a filter.

The reason reverse cameras have to be connected to the reverse light wiring is so that it gets power supply when the gear is in reverse; so the camera will capture images only when you put reverse gear. This also means that any model camera will record video if power is supplied to it by any other source.

In your case, if you want the camera to be always on then just run a direct line from fuse box - should work for any dashcam.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 08:50   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
So you want to use the camera as your rear view mirror, right? The best type for this purpose is one that clips over the existing rear view mirror. But be cautioned that cameras catch more headlight glare than mirrors, unless you use a filter.

In your case, if you want the camera to be always on then just run a direct line from fuse box - should work for any dashcam.
I don't want one that fits over the rear view mirror. I would prefer the one that has a separate screen and mounted somewhere behind the rear view mirror.

The rear camera can also be powered by the license plate lights. The wires are anyways clipped behind the the cut out on the bumper.

Can a camera which is supposed to be mounted externally on the rear be mounted inside (around the high mount stop lamp)?
Old 25th November 2017, 10:15   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want one that fits over the rear view mirror. I would prefer the one that has a separate screen and mounted somewhere behind the rear view mirror.

The rear camera can also be powered by the license plate lights. The wires are anyways clipped behind the the cut out on the bumper.

Can a camera which is supposed to be mounted... (around the high mount stop lamp)?
The license plate light is only switched on with the parking lights.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20171125100107.png

Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20171125100053.png

This kind of camera can be fixed at the bottom of high mount lamp with either screws or 3m tape. I have tried it, but did not keep it there because it was very visible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks