Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2018, 17:43   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
As far as I know,Aspire does not get the option of folding rear seats found in the Brazilian KA+ sedan.My car has OEM leather seats(Titanium+ TDCi),and I could not find any button to fold the seat-back.
Sorry got confused with the thread i was replying on. Figo does have folding rear seats but Aspire most probably does not!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 02:14   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
I want to check whether there is provision for screwing in ISOFIX bracket.

I got the ISOFIX part number so it would be a simple thing to get them and install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonov007 View Post
As far as I know,Aspire does not get the option of folding rear seats found in the Brazilian KA+ sedan.My car has OEM leather seats(Titanium+ TDCi),and I could not find any button to fold the seat-back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Sorry got confused with the thread i was replying on. Figo does have folding rear seats but Aspire most probably does not!
The Aspire does not get folding seats but I wish it did. (Hmm... That could be my next project )

But I'm pretty sure it does have provision for fixing ISOFIX brackets. I remember checking when I was writing this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ghlight=Isofix

You don't need to fold down the seat to check; just remove the seat base and all the support points will be visible.

Removing the base is easy. Run your hand across the front of the seat base and you will find 2 spring loaded levers that you have to push for the seat to pop out.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 19:17   #1473
BHPian

Is there a way to adjust the headlights? My headlights are focused more towards right side. I asked the SA to fix it during service but it was not done as per my expectation.
Old 5th January 2018, 19:37   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
Is there a way to adjust the headlights? My headlights are focused more towards right side..
If it is focusing of the lateral axis, then it has to be done using the headlight screw which is accessible once you open the bonnet. Cannot take a pic now to post but there is a screw to adjust it for each headlight. If you are not the DIY types, then a neighborhood garage guy should be able to do it for you.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 01:04   #1475
BHPian

From last few days my Aspire audio unit is not catching FM signals. Could there be any known reason?
Old 8th January 2018, 09:40   #1476
BHPian

I am contemplating on replacing Dome and Luggage lamps with LED ones, has anyone tried this ? I have been successful in removing luggage cabin lamp but couldn't figure out how to open dome lamp. Any advise?
Also, would anyone happen to know if W5W will fit well in W6W slot?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 10:28   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I am contemplating on replacing Dome and Luggage lamps with LED ones, has anyone tried this ? I have been successful in removing luggage cabin lamp but couldn't figure out how to open dome lamp. Any advise?
Also, would anyone happen to know if W5W will fit well in W6W slot?
By dome do you mean the cabin light?
Use a flathead screw driver and pry one side open gently and the cover will come off. It is a clip type fitting.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 14:21   #1478
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to drive a petrol Polo recently for quite a distance and realized how light the steering of the Aspire is.
When I used to drive my old gen Figo, I used to feel every other car had light steering. Now I feel Aspire has one of the lightest steering around. The steering of a Swift at home with 165 width tires feel more hard than my Aspire with 195 section tires.

This has its own advantages and disadvantages but I would say it is a matter of getting used to. The light steering is a boon in low speeds turning especially while parking and at high speeds it is better to hold on to it tight.
tharian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 20:13   #1479
BHPian

Completed 3k kms and the fuel efficiency shown at the mid is 23kmpl. Haven't bothered to check physically though. Received a link of an online survey from ford and it was quite extensive. I Hope the shortcomings such as smaller wheels, no parking aids, touchscreen and better sounding infotainment etc are sorted in the facelift. Other than that, the car is perfect.

Have ordered a dashcam with two cameras from AliExpress and I hope the extra cam would come handy as reversing camera.

After spending good amount of time with the car, I have started to like the cushiony ride quality against the stiff ride of the old figo. Also, the engine is far more refined and responsive. It idles quite sounds quite smooth till 90-100 km/hr post which the decibels rise but the tug never ends. Only area in which the old figo stands out is steering feel at high speeds.

Here is a recent pic after fiddling with camera settings of my mobile.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-img_20180107_180844.jpg
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 18:04   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I got a chance to drive a petrol Polo recently for quite a distance and realized how light the steering of the Aspire is.
When I used to drive my old gen Figo, I used to feel every other car had light steering. Now I feel Aspire has one of the lightest steering around. The steering of a Swift at home with 165 width tires feel more hard than my Aspire with 195 section tires.

This has its own advantages and disadvantages but I would say it is a matter of getting used to. The light steering is a boon in low speeds turning especially while parking and at high speeds it is better to hold on to it tight.
Can't agree with you more on this.I drive an old-gen Figo petrol and I drove an Etios Petrol for 5 days recently and I kept worrying that the steering was going hard on me and we were in the middle of some serious ghat driving.I was so worried and it had me rushing to a local mechanic who said it was perfectly normal,just that the Figo had spoilt me rotten.
Old 19th January 2018, 10:53   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Can't agree with you more on this.I drive an old-gen Figo petrol and I drove an Etios Petrol for 5 days recently and I kept worrying that the steering was going hard on me and we were in the middle of some serious ghat driving.I was so worried and it had me rushing to a local mechanic who said it was perfectly normal,just that the Figo had spoilt me rotten.
It is true to some extent. I drove a Punto for almost 5 years and when I bought my Aspire a year back, I was surprised at how light the steering was.
When I drove the Punto last month again on a long drive, I realized how much I missed the hydraulic steering's feedback on highways. But, to be honest, the light steering does make up very well for the city traffic conditions.
Old 19th January 2018, 21:34   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
I own both - Petrol Polo and Aspire. I don't think there is much of a difference between the two.
Ketan T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 11:05   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
I own both - Petrol Polo and Aspire. I don't think there is much of a difference between the two.
Probably driving both frequently , you are not able to feel much of a difference.
However, I felt it quite prominently on both a Polo and an old gen Swift. Aspire is little finger turning which I have no regrets since it's very useful in city.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 14:18   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably driving both frequently , you are not able to feel much of a difference.
However, I felt it quite prominently on both a Polo and an old gen Swift. Aspire is little finger turning which I have no regrets since it's very useful in city.
The only issue I feel with the Aspire's steering is that it's numb on the straights at highway speeds. But on a long curve, the steering gives the right amount of feedback to overtake any car

I have a feeling that the numbness is artificial and is due to the pull-drift-compensation feature of the EPS. It's a boon for city and bad road driving though.
Old 21st January 2018, 09:22   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The only issue I feel with the Aspire's steering is that it's numb on the straights at highway speeds. But on a long curve, the steering gives the right amount of feedback to overtake any car

I have a feeling that the numbness is artificial and is due to the pull-drift-compensation feature of the EPS. It's a boon for city and bad road driving though.
On my car probably because of the bigger wheels, It doesn't feel as disconnected. I am getting to drive a non Sports Aspire today,then I'll know for sure the difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks